The Cruze 970 is known as the “swiss army knife” of trimarans – equally adept at cruising, racing, and passagemaking. The Cruze 970 offers a simple and effective sail layout and folding mechanism that offers unparalleled performance, while achieving remarkable versatility, as she is road legal in most areas and seaworthy and safe offshore!
The Cruze 970 is an evolution of the earlier Corsair 31, but with greater comfort and amenities similar to that found on the larger Corsair 37. The 970 is also slightly longer than the Corsair 31 and the deck has been raised creating approximately 15 percent additional inside space. Most importantly, there is full standing headroom in the saloon area.
The saloon area is finished with a clean, white GRP liner. The galley is larger, with additional drawers and ample storage. The forward and aft bunks are now longer and wider, providing more generous accommodation for crew. The 970 also caters to privacy with a fully enclosed head.
The more functional cockpit has been extended and an aft deck mainsheet track facilitates free movement within the cockpit. The raised, side seating increases both comfort and visibility (a great design feature taken from the highly successful Corsair 37).
For sailing performance, the high volume floats have been designed with additional buoyancy, giving the Cruze 970 greater stability and comfort for all her passengers.
As always, Corsair’s trusted folding system, proven in over 2,000 Corsairs ensures that road trailering remains easy. The retractable dagger board and rudder enable the boat to be floated in just inches of water or pushed up onto the beach when enjoying cruising adventures with family and friends.
Standard features include:
- Cruising mainsail & jib with boom cover
- Rotating aluminium wing mast with main, jib, screecher and spinnaker halyard controls at the mast with clutches and Harken 35.2 mast mounted winch; aluminium roller furling boom with internal outhaul and in boom hardware for jibby or slab reefing; stainless steel forestay with Harken headsail furler & furling line and synthetic cap shrouds; 2 x Harken 40.2 self-tailing primary winches; 2x Harken 40.2 coaming winches; rotator; dagger board; Harken 8:1 mainsheet system with Harken windward sheeting traveller car
- 1 x Lewmar 44 foredeck hatch; 2 x Lewmar 10 cabin top hatches; 1 x Lewmar 70 aft cabin hatch; 2 x Lewmar 30 float hatches; 3 x Lewmar opening port light aft; full set of fly screens
- Cockpit tiller arm + extension
- tiller link accessories for outboard steering
- Anchor locker with latchable lid
- Pulpit with LED navigation lights
- Lifting eyes
- Bulkhead mounted compass
- Mast mounted VHF antenna
- Tinted polycarbonate side cabin windows and drop in companionway wash boards
- Cockpit storage compartments; molded compartment for safety equipment in coaming
- Storm rails with custom helm double seating
- Grey wing nets, hiking straps and bow nets
- Transom mounted boarding ladder with pressurised cold water transom shower
- Electrical system with breaker panel and meter; 12v accessory outlet and master switch; LED navigation lighting; LED red/white lights in forward, main and aft cabins; provision for 2 x 12v battery; gas detector with safety shut off valve
- Carpeted interior in forward and aft cabins with cushions in a range of colours
- Synthetic timber flooring in saloon area
- Fresh water and waste holding tanks
- Jabsco manual toilet in fully molded area
- Floor sump pump; self draining 49 liter (13 US gallons) holding tank
- Capacity up to 8
- Built to ISO and CE International standards
Your West Coast Multihull Experts