1 of 8
|Hull Warranty||10 years|
|Offered By||RCR Yachts|
Hull #2, RCR demo available now within our JBoat territory. Quantum Carbon Sport Main, Furling Jib, and Asymmetrical Spin. B&G Triton 2 display with speed, depth, wind and VHF. Two tone grey nonskid, opening ports, Flexiteek cockpit floor, Flag blue boot stripe. Custom steel cradle.
Responding to a growing need amongst sailors for a more comfortable, simpler and easy-to-own daysailer, J/Boats is excited to announce a sleek 28 footer (the “J/9”) with perhaps the most comfortable cockpit and easiest-to-manage sailplan in this size range.
The J/9 cockpit has four great corner seats to nestle into and enjoy the day. With friends and family aboard, everyone can find the perfect place to relax. And access aboard has never been easier. A swim platform behind the cockpit allows walk-through boarding, and on those downwind sails home, you can cool off by dragging your feet in the water. Sailing the J/9 is as easy as hoisting the mainsail and trimming the sheet. Why make it any more complicated? Look around on the water and you’ll notice 80% of the sailboats are sailing with only one sail. The answer is keep it simple! One tiller, one sheet. The big difference with the J/9 is you will be sailing with one sail more comfortably and quicker than most others with two sails or under motor. Ready for the afterburners? Simply unroll the jib and enjoy effortless, stable & smooth sailing from the comforts of the best J/Boats cockpit ever.
• Hull and deck molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and Corecell foam for optimal strength to weight ratio. High density core inserts used in way of highly loaded hardware.
• White gelcoat hull with single boot stripe.
• 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
• White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint.
• Molded ISO/ORC height foredeck toe-rails on foredeck.
• Large self-draining cockpit with wrap-around seating and angled backrests.
• Two large cockpit seat storage lockers.
• Swim platform with transom boarding access and optional fold-up swim ladder.
• Molded, structural transverse keel support beams.
• 4.9’ draft low VCG lead keel bonded and bolted to keel sump. Option for 3.9’ draft keel. Steering System
• High aspect, balanced spade rudder mounted in self-aligning, low friction rudder bearings.
• Custom laminated, curved tiller.
• Adjustable tiller extension.
• One AGM Group 27 battery.
• 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
• 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 4 circuit breakers.
• LED navigation lights.
• UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
• Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
• Two swiveling LED reading lights in main cabin.
• Two red/white dome lights.
• Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation. Deck Hardware
• SS fabricated chainplates for shrouds.
• Foredeck skylight hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
• Two opening portlights on cabin house sides.
• Companionway opening with molded seahood and slider.
• Acrylic offshore removable dropboard with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• Two 2-Speed 35:1 self-tailing winches on cabin top.
• Two 10" lock-in winch handles with winch handle pockets.
• Two fixed jib tracks on cabin top with plunger-style jib cars. Option for self-tacking jib system.
• 5:1 Mainsheet system leading to boom-mounted ratchet block/cam near the tiller.
• Adjustable backstay system with control lines led to the cockpit.
• Jib furling system with control line led to cockpit.
• Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base, halyard organizers and double rope clutches one per side.
• Stainless bow rail, stanchions and stern rails with single 20” height lifeline, starboard boarding gate and transom gate.
• Foredeck and transom mooring cleats (4).
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm
Spars & Rigging
• Tapered, fractional, keel-stepped aluminum mast with single sweptback spreaders attached with stainless thru-bar. Mast includes halyard sheaves, fittings for boom and boom vang attachments, masthead crane, shroud termination points and a steaming light. Spars finished in white.
• Boom with 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, sheaves for the outhaul and reef line, and lazy jack terminations.
• Standing rigging: 1x19 wire forestay & side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles. Soft Dyneema backstay.
• Running rigging package including main and jib halyards, main and jib sheets, reef line, furler line, lazy jacks. Optional spinnaker package.
• Main cabin with full length settee berth and removable backrest to port, double seat to starboard, storage compartments outboard and below the berth/seats.
• Choice of Sunbrella fabrics for 3" standard main salon cushions.
• Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin with centerline access to bilge.
• 48 Quart Igloo cooler.
• Angled companionway steps with nonskid treads.
• Molded V-berth supports (Option for V-berth platform & cushions).
• Head platform with Raritan PH-II WC, TP holder, holding tank and deck pump out fitting.
• Centerline storage aft of companionway (or engine compartment and systems w/inboard engine option).
• Air-dry gelcoat finish on interior hull & deck surfaces.
• Inboard Diesel Yanmar 2YM15 (15HP) with Saildrive and two-blade folding prop
• Two-tone deck in Light Grey
• Additional Opening portlights (2) on aft face of cabin.
• Asymmetric Spinnaker gear package – fixed carbon bowsprit with tack line, spinnaker sheets, halyard, and turning blocks to lead the sheet tails to the cabin top winches.
• Flexiteek synthetic cockpit floor and swim platform surfaces.
• Retractable/folding swim ladder.
• Flag Blue Boot Stripe, White Hull
Quantum Sails Carbon Club Race Performance Tri-Radial Mainsail
Tides Marine Low Friction Mainsail Luff Track System
Quantum Sails Tri-Radial J1.5 Carbon Sport All Purpose Furling Jib
Quantum Sails A2 Spinnaker, Bright Yellow
Mainsail Cover in Navy Blue
B&G Speed, Depth Transducer
B&G Wireless Wind
B&G Triton2 Display
B&G VHF with Masthead Antenna
• VC-17 Bottom Paint over Interprotect 2000 Epoxy Primer, applied by International Marine in Bristol RI. Recoated Spring 2022.
• Custom Steel Cradle Painted Black
• Freight, Commissioning, & Delivery to Customer
• Safety, Docking, and Anchor Packages
• Windex on Masthead
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Length at Waterline||25.25ft|
|Fresh Water Tank|