1 of 42
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION!
Jackhammer is a lightly used, fully equipped and ocean race ready J/121. The boat was launched in 2018 and sailed in the Newport-Bermuda Race, finishing 3rd in her class, and was subsequently sailed in a few other events in 2018 and 2019. Due to Covid, the boat has been on the hard since the end of the 2019 season. Jackhammer has most all the available factory options, minus water ballast, plus many custom options like a fixed carbon sprit in addition to the factory extendable pole, a Gori 3 blade prop, and an EFOY Fuel Cell Generator. Add in an extensive offshore electronics and navigation package, complete sail inventory and comprehensive running rigging, and you are ready to race as soon as the boat hits the water.
Additional Photos to come
Hull & Deck
• J/121 hull & deck are vacuum-infused molded (SCRIMP process) in temperature controlled environment with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics using end grain balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core inserts and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components.
• Laminates are engineered and built to exceed ISO 12215 Cat A and ABS structural standards.
• White gelcoat hull
• Molded companionway seahood with slider.
• ORC molded-in toe-rails forward of the mast.
• GRP molded main bulkhead – structurally bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck with single large opening to forepeak.
• Two watertight bulkheads (one in the forepeak and one forward of the steering system) bonded and tabbed to the hull and deck.
• Heavy duty molded fore/aft and transverse keel support grid, with substantial composite structural beams.
• Composite mast bearing beam with carbon fiber compression post, bonded and fastened to the deck.
• High aspect, low VCG "IRC" keel with lead ballast and epoxy faired and finished fin, flange mounted to a hull recess.
Mechanical & Steering
• Yanmar 3YM30ACE 3 cylinder 4-stroke 29hp diesel engine with 125 amp alternator and SD 25 Saildrive with 2-piece split zinc.
• Yanmar keyless digital B instrument panel mounted in recess on cockpit wall near wheel
• Gori three blade, geared folding prop.
• Spinlock flush mount engine throttle control with removable handle and neutral safety switch.
• Balanced spade, composite rudder with stainless rudder post mounted in self aligning, Jefa rudder bearings w/ Jeffa Pilot Drive
• Jefa twin pedestal steering system including sheaves, radial drive, needle bearings, and integral wheel brake.
• Carbonautica custom composite wheels (2) finished in black Awlgrip.
• Emergency tiller.
• Harken Performa 52:1 self-tailing primary winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing cabin top winches.
• Harken Performa 46:1 self-tailing mainsheet winches.
• Four Harken One-touch winch handles.
• 6:1 Harken traveler system on cockpit floor.
• Adjustable jib lead system with floating lead blocks and inhaul and outhaul capability.
• Cascading cunningham system led to cockpit.
• Harken spinnaker sheet and tack line blocks.
• Bow-sprit control system led externally to clutch mounted on cabin top.
• Mast base halyard blocks and organizers.
• Halyard & tack line rope clutches.
• Custom mast collar with attachment points for halyard and mast base blocks, and halyard bale.
• Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
• Tapered SS lifeline stanchions. Forward stanchion with integral roller (P&S) for quick jib skirting. Double 1x19 stainless wire lifelines to meet all categories of the Offshore Special Regulations (OSR).
• Custom bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
• Antal Bow Cleats & Pop Up Aft Cleats
• Interior ventilation from four framed opening ports in sides of cabin trunk, one offshore skylight deck hatch aft of mast, and one large offshore deck hatch forward of the mast.
• Acrylic offshore drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• Four polypropylene mesh line bags.
• Custom SS forestay, shroud and backstay chainplates.
Plumbing & Electrical
• 24-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection port & additional 12 gallon fuel tank
• 12-gallon head holding tank.
• Raritan PH-II head with deck pump-out.
• Manual fresh water system with 26-gallon water tank and manual pumps and spigots in the galley and head and Whale 6 gallon hot water tank.
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
• Three105 amp deep-cycle, Group 31 sealed AGM batteries.
• Three position battery switch.
• Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
• Bonding system.
• Five low profile, LED reading lights.
• One adjustable red/white light in Nav station
• Six red/white LED dome lights
• Automatic bilge pump with manual/auto panel switch & Whale Supersub 12v 1100gph Low Profile Automatic bilge pump
• Below deck OSR manual bilge pump.
Spars & Rigging
• Carbon fiber, auto-clave cured mast with double swept back spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for 1 main, 1 inner jib/staysail, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming/foredeck light, masthead anchor/Tri-color light, internal wiring conduit, aluminum masthead bracket for owner provided wand. Antal mast track and loader gate. Mast/boom finished in black with contrasting white measurement bands.
• Carbon fiber, racing boom with 12:1 internal outhaul, one mainsheet block bale, vang lug, and sheaves for two reef lines and outhaul.
• Nitronic 50 discontinuous rod rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
• Adjustable open body shroud turnbuckles.
• DSK-90 Dyneema backstay connected to Harken integral hydraulic backstay adjuster operable on centerline just aft of the helm.
• Jib roller furling system.
• Carbon fiber bow sprit with internal bearing system and black painted finish. Fully extended position is supported by a Dyneema bobstay. Stored position is retracted aft of the stem for safer docking and maneuvering.
• Running rigging package with GP78 Main halyard, V100 Jib halyard, GP78 spin/Code 0 halyard, one Inner Jib Halyard with integral halyard lock, 2nd spinnaker halyard, one mainsheet, two reef lines, two jib sheets, and two spinnaker sheets. Also includes cunningham, boom vang, outhaul, pole control, 2 tack lines, inhauler and floating jib ring lines, and traveler control lines.
• Rigid boom vang with control lines led P&S to cockpit.
Sails - Complete UK inventory - New 2018 - (used two seasons)
Mainsail - Uni-Titanium LS w/three reefs
Delivery mainsail - 90oz CB Dacron w/ four battens
J1, J2, J3 - Uni Titanium LS
Code Zero - CZ 30 w/top down furling cable
A1 VMG - Superkote 60
A2 Runner - Superkote 75
A3 Reacher - Superkote 90 w/top down furling cable
A5 Runner - Superkote 90
Storm Jib and Trysail - 10oz CB Orange Dacron - (Storm jib w/ furling cable)
Electronics & Navigation - Complete B&G Custom System
B&G H5000 Hercules Base Pack
2 - B&G H5000 Graphic Displays
2 - B&G Triton Digital Displays
3 - Garmin GNX 120 7" displays in a Garmin Carbon Fiber mast mounted bracket with Garmin GNX Keypad
B&G 32" Vertical Masthead Unit
Airmar DX900 Multi Log Sensor
B&G /Simrad DT800 Depth/Speed N2K
B&G H5000 3D Motion Sensor
2 - B&G Zeus3 9" MFD @ Nav Station
2 - B&G Zeus3 - 12" MFD with custom pedestal @ each wheel
Boradband 4G Radar Bundle for B&G Zeus Series
Custom Seaview Carbon Fiber Radar Pole 10' w/ deck tube
Custom radar platform for radar dome and 5 antennas
Navico WM-3 Sirius XM Satellite Weather & Radio Module
B&G ZG100 GPS antenna - 10Hz
B&G H5000 Pilot Controller & Computer
Simrad WR10 Wireless Remote
B&G Precision-9 Compass
Simrad RF25N N2K Rudder Feedback
Icom M506 VHF Fixed Mount
Standard Horizon HX870 6W Floating handheld VHF Radio w/integrated GPS
Garmin AIS 600 Automatic Identification System
Iridium GO! Fixed Install Kit
Global Fix Pro 408MHz GPS EPIRB
Vesper VHF/AIS Antenna
Shakespeare 5241 VHF Antenna -36" Heavy Duty
EFOY Comfort 210 Fuel Cell Generator w/2 Cartridges
IRIS848 Hybrid Digital Video Recorder w/ IRIS 2MP Network IP Camera (Hi-Def)
Fusion BB300R Marine Black Box Stereo w/NRX300 Wired Remote
Bose 151 Environmental Speakers (2 in main salon)/Fusion 4" 150w Speakers in cockpit
Blue Sea 12v Dash Socket and 12/24v Dual USB Charger
Garmin BlueChart g2 Vision HD - VUS048R Bermuda microSD/SD
Navionics+ Preloaded Chart of all US/Canada - Marine & Lakes microSD
Navionics+ Caribbean & South America microSD
• Off-white, low-maintenance bulkheads.
• Molded engine box cover with 1” sound insulation.
• Walled-in companionway entrance with angled treads and grab rails for secure passage.
• Quarter cabin aft of the galley (port side) with double berth and storage below and an additional custom pipe berth just aft of that.
• Low maintenance, synthetic, high-wear cabin flooring.
• SS overhead handrails in main salon P&S.
• Two large acrylic fixed portlights.
• Two 6’6” settee berths, each with a fold-up pilot berth outboard - for a total of four berths in the main cabin.
• Storage outboard of settee berth back rests.
• Sit-down, forward-facing nav station with two drawers & hinged-lid access to chart storage, outboard instrument panel and storage bin.
• L-galley with sink, faucet, fresh water foot pump, sink drain seacock, ice box with top opening, gimballed LPG 2-burner cooktop, and storage cabinet outboard with acrylic sliders.
• Walk-through aft head with sink, faucet, shower sump drain and under counter storage area.
• Large storage area and additional custom berth accessible through the head and via the starboard cockpit seat locker.
J Boat Factory 121 Options
IRC Keel - 8'3" draft (no bulb) - offers similar performance with better rating
Molded Instrument Pod above companionway
Opening ports in cockpit and aft face of coachroof
Two Tone deck
Canvas and Cover Package
Jeffa Pilot Drive
Offshore Dodger - covers companionway
Gori 3 blade prop
Extra Battery (for total of three)
DC Fridge - Isotherm Compact
Systems Group - Hot & cold pressure water system with extendable shower in aft head
Domitec Origo 6000 alcohol 2 burner stove and oven
Chart table & head grab rails
Antal bow cleats and pop up aft cleats
EFOY Comfort 210 Fuel Cell Generator
Custom Fixed Sprit - for Code Zero and Flying Jib
Custom berth aft of head and additional custom pipe berth port side cabin aft
Salt Water Faucet plumbed at galley
8 man Life Raft with custom cradle mount in cockpit aft of helm
Custom additional hand rails in in forward cabin by hatch and port aft cabin
Custom aluminum pipe berth with block and tackle
Custom Pedestal Guard at helm
Whale Supersub 12v 1100GPH Low Profile Automatic Bilge Pump
Fortress Guardian G-23 Anchor with chain and rode, 2 Lifesling MOM, Loos Gauge Model RT-11, fenders, dock lines, additional engine & mechanical spares, rigging and sail repair kits, and tool kit.
The J/121 (pronounced 1-2-1) is a 40’ offshore speedster that can be day raced or distance sailed by just 5 or fewer crew…. the best short-handed J ever…. capable of winning on any race track while also excelling in daysailing and weekend mode. Here’s a boat, class and program that redefines sailboat racing as a recreation and shared adventure with friends, reducing the focus on specialization and athletic short-course W/L racing. The J/121 fulfills the growing need to simplify life and reconnect with those you really want to sail with on a boat that’s pure magic to sail.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.