£184,000 (US$225,565) tax included
Yarmouth, Isle of Wight
|Offered By||Berthon International|2005 Grand Soleil 50
A Judel/Vrolijk and Italian build from 2005. This Grand Soleil 50 has been maintained to the enth and is perfect for regattas and also to cruise. Lots of nice new kit and she has also in class to SCV 2 standards so can wash her face too. Capable and good looking cruiser/racer, she is a totally plug and play solution to yachting in UK waters and far beyond as you wish.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction.
- Stratified unidirectional fibreglass offering a tensile strength of up to 25 kg/mm².
- NPG isophthalic gelcoats, NEOGEL and vinylester resin are applied to the first layers of the hull.
- Bulkheads laminated with 60mm flanges for increased adhesion to GRP.
- Hot galvanised steel grid structure for transference of rigging and keel loads.
- Stainless steel chainplates with 27mm rods secured to grid structure.
- White gelcoat hull and deck finish.
- Blue waterline stripe and cavita line.
- Deck construction in GRP with termanto foam core for increased insulation, shear strength and durability.
- Side decks, coachroof, cockpit seating and cockpit sole in laid teak with black caulking.
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydro-dynamically designed fin keel with lead bulb.
- The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
- The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass with internal 300mm stainless steel plates attached to 60mm diameter stainless steel stock.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta D2-75, 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 75 HP.
- Volvo 150-S saildrive gearbox.
- Saildrive diaphragm replaced 2016.
- Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
- Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
- Engine housing lifts on gas struts.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: Estimated 3,900 hours as of Autumn 2021.
- Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually (last one in February 2022).
- New clutch on gearbox – winter 2018/19.
- New rear main oil seal – winter 2022.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Lewmar stainless steel single lever throttle/gear control in cockpit.
- Solimar Racer twin steering pedestals with Carbonautica black lacquered carbon figure helm wheels – 2015.
- Flexofold 3-bladed feathering propeller.
- MAX Power 12vDC retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal - 2014.
- Solimar emergency steering gear.
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 230v AC via shorepower or inverter.
- 12v sockets at chart table and in cockpit.
- Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
- 2 x 12vDC engine start batteries - 2019.
- 6 x 12vDC domestic batteries joined in parallel – new domestic batteries fitted 2022.
- 1 x 12vDC bowthruster battery – 2014.
- BEP Marine battery switches.
- Emergency parallel switch for engine and service battery banks.
- Sterling Pro-Charge Ultra 12/60 60A battery charger for domestic batteries – 2014.
- Victron Phoenix 750w inverter – 2014.
- Victron BMV-602s battery data monitoring system - 2014.
- 80A 12vDC alternator on engine.
- 120A 12vDC secondary high-output alternator on engine.
- Marinco 30Amp shorepower supply with ring main and 230v AC sockets in interior.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 12vDC pressure system with Par Max pump.
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank.
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit.
- Spectra Newport 400 Mk II watermaker making approx. 65 litres per hour.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps in cockpit, below decks.
- 2 x 12vDC high capacity electric bilge pump with manual overrides.
- 2 x 12vDC shower drain pumps.
- Total fuel tank capacity of 290 litres (63.79 gallons).
- Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table.
- Total fresh water tank capacity of 460 litres (101.18 gallons)
- Analogue water tank gauge at chart table.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Black water holding tank servicing aft heads.
- Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
- Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit.
- Gas system certified – 2017.
- Nereus gas alarm system.
- Raymarine Axiom 2022 9 inch.
- Twin Raymarine GPS transducers.
- Raymarine digital closed-array radar scanner on transom pole - 2005.
- Raymarine ST6000 Smart Pilot autopilot control with T2 linear drive - 2005.
- Raymarine i60 wind display with transducer – 2016.
- Raymarine i50 depth display with transducer – 2016.
- 2 x Raymarine i50 speed displays with transducer – 2016.
- Plastimo steering compass as companionway.
- Axiom Pro 9s fitted June 2022.
At Chart Table:
- Raymarine Axiom 12 inch 2020.Raymarine i70 multi repeater – 2016.
- Dell laptop PC with chart software and GPS connection – 2015.
- AIS Type-B transceiver – 2013.
- Furuno NX-330 Navtex – 2013.
- Clock & barometer on main bulkhead.
- 2 x Raymarine i70 repeater displays in master cabin - 2018.
- Raymarine Ray54E VHF with DSC – 2005.
- Icom BC-166 handheld VHF with charging dock.
- Cradle and antenna for Iridium satellite phone (no phone unit included).
- Wi-fi, (Sim subject to separate agreement).
- Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
- 3-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven.
- Top-opening fridge with 12vDC compressor.
- Front opening fridge.
- Manual Jabsco heads in both heads compartments.
- Heads showers with automatic temperature control and electric pump out.
- Stainless steel sinks – replaced 2015.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Airtop 5000 diesel-fired hot air heating system with outlets cabins– overhauled 2016.
- Ventilation consisting of opening skylights and opening portlights.
- Phillips radio/CD player with JVC speakers in saloon and Fusion speakers in cockpit.
- LED interior lighting 2014.
- Red night lighting at galley and chart table - 2014.
- LED Navigation lights - 2014.
- LED Masthead anchor and tri-colour lights - 2014.
- LED steaming light - 2018.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aft cockpit layout with up to nine full-length berths in three double cabins plus two further saloon settee berth, one of which converts to a double. Forward and aft day heads with showers.
- Marine grade waterproof core, faced with selected teak is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
- Specially selected solid teak in frames and doors.
- All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
- Ceiling, topsides and minor visible hull sides with foam backed vinyl.
- Hull sides, bottom, bilge, etc. top-coated throughout the interior.
- Cabin sole board finished in simulated teak and holly spline.
- Locker doors have upgraded stainless steel hinges – 2017.
- Acrylic stone counters in galley.
- Cushions in high quality foam with first class upholstery.
- Blue fabric upholstery in saloon – seat covers replaced 2017.
- Bedding and recovering of mattresses – winter 2018/19.
- Beige upholstery in accommodation cabins.
- Aft guest cabins – Lee cloths between berths.
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- White cloth curtains.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Island double berth.
- Twin settees, various storage compartments and hanging locker.
- Master cabin en-suite heads with shower, wash hand basin and sea toilet.
- Shower panel replacement with stainless steel – 2016.
- Spacious saloon with large dinette and second settee, dinette has the added capability to convert to double berth for extra accommodation.
- Movable saloon centreline bench - 2018.
- Various storage lockers, and light beige cabin upholstery throughout.
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- Stainless steel grab handles.
- Forward facing chart table, located to starboard with chart storage and navigation electronics centre.
- L shaped galley located to port.
- Gas hob with oven and grill.
- 2 fridges (original chest and additional upright).
- Stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap.
- Numerous storage lockers and synthetic stone effect work tops.
- Stainless steel grab handles.
- Heads compartment with shower, wash hand basin, sea toilet, storage/vanity unit.
- Equal aft cabins with double berths and lee-cloths.
- Hanging lockers with seat.
- Cabinet above bed along hull side.
- Door to main saloon from starboard and port guest cabins.
- Sparcraft aluminium anodised spars.
- Keel-stepped taller mast version with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders (approximately 65’3”/19.89m).
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – replaced 2015.
- Split backstay with Holmatro hydraulic adjuster - 2013.
- Facnor genoa furler.
- Soft-vang arrangement - 2020.
- Harken genoa tracks.
- Secondary aft tracks for 145% genoa – 2016.
- Fully battened mainsail system with Frederiksen ball-bearing battencar system on mast-mounted track.
- Tri-sail track on mast - 2013.
- 2 x Single line reefs.
- Spinlock clutches.
- Mast fittings for inner forestay.
- German mainsheet system with Harken full-width mainsheet track in cockpit forward of helms.
- Selden heavy-duty padeyes amidships and aft for spinnaker blocks/guys – 2015.
- Leather protective spreader caps.
- Selden aluminium spinnaker pole, vertically stowed on mast – 2013.
- Spinnaker track on mast with uphaul and downhauls – 2013.
- Selden jockey pole stowed on deck – 2013.
- Selden removable asymmetric pole with tackline led aft – 2013.
- Equipment for symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers.
- Dyneema halyards – 2013/14 (main halyard 2017).
- 2 x Harken 60.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches.
- 2 x Harken 53.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker winches.
- 1 x Harken 48.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing main halyard and control line winch.
- 1 x Harken 48.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winch.
- 1 x Mast-mounted winch for topping-lift - 2020.
- Sander Sails CL-DIAX carbon laminate double-taffeta fully battened mainsail with 2-reefs – 2016.
- North Sails carbon laminate fully battened mainsail with 2-reefs – 2013/14 (well used).
- Sander Sails 145% DP Hydra Net Radial cruising genoa - 2015.
- North Sails 131% 3DL furling genoa – 2013.
- North Sails 95% carbon laminate furling jib – 2013/14.
- Hyde Sails 0.9oz symmetrical spinnaker – 2013.
- North Sails symmetrical spinnaker - 2015.
- North Sails A3 asymmetric reacher – 2014.
- Dacron storm jib – 2005.
- Dacron tri-sail – 2013.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit.
- Teak step on pulpit.
- Stainless steel guardwire stanchions – replaced with reinforced stanchions – 2015.
- Gaurdwires replaced 2015.
- Goiot opening side ports - 2016.
- Lewmar opening deckhead hatches – replaced 2015-16.
- Electric fold-out bathing platform.
- Stern boarding ladder.
- Scanstrut stainless steel radar antenna pole at stern – 2015.
- Hot & cold shower in cockpit.
- Removable cockpit table – winter 2018/19.
- Stainless steel anti-wear plates on foredeck and at aft end of superstructure.
- Teak bulwark.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Quick 12vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control - 2016.
- Delta anchor with 80m of 10mm chain.
- Kedge anchor with chain and warp.
- Stainless steel bow plate - 2017.
- Stainless steel rubbing strips for mooring cleats.
- Fore and aft mooring lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Blue canvas mainsail cover.
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and grabrail - 2015.
- Bimini with stainless steel frame.
- Blue canvas wheel, winch table and life raft covers.
- CJ Marine blue canvas cockpit cushions.
- Liferaft – 10-man cannister liferaft on coachroof stainless steel cradle – serviced January 2022.
- Kannard 406 Mhz EPIRB.
- 2 x Horseshoe buoys with lights.
- Offshore danbuoy.
- Webbing jackstays.
- Mast-mounted radar enhancer.
- Throwing line.
- First aid kit.
- 10 x lifejackets (8 with AIS) all serviced 2022 by Ocean Safety and certificated.
- Extinguishers - new 2022.
- 5 x 1kg ABC fire extinguishers throughout interior.
- 1kg ABC engine space automatic fire extinguisher.
- Fire blanket.
- Gas & Co2 detectors.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Length at Waterline||43.33ft|
|Fresh Water Tank|
1974 Custom Yachting World Seahorse
2007 Comar Comet 62 RS
2015 Discovery 55
2004 Custom Simon Rogers One Design
Newport, Rhode Island