PANACEA is a beautiful dark green Hinckley “EP” (extended pilothouse) Picnic Boat. This lovely example spent most of her life on the fresh waters of Lake Tahoe or in a heated hanger when not on the water. “PANACEA” recently made her way back to the Northeast where she spends her winters in heated indoor storage with Hinckley Yacht Services in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
This Hinckley JetBoat has seen a engine rebuild, upgraded dual Garmin Chartplotters (with radar overlay), Fusion Bluetooth stereo, new tasteful cushions, hatch replacements, and more. She even boasts a new “Sail Shade” system the can protect the aft cockpit from the sun using an ingenious (and simple) set of carbon fiber poles that slip into sockets back aft for the shade clip in to. When not in use, it stores easily down below.
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
- Dark Green Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream gelcoat Cabin House and Deck
- Red Bootstripe
- Black Bottom
Construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin with balsa and Corecell core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core and Corecell core carbon fiber, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The deck has a molded-in nonskid pattern.
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail.
Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform:
- Teak insert treads
- Stainless steel bracket and half round
- Handrail mounted vertically on transom and painted to match hull
- Folding swim ladder - Stainless steel telescoping 3-steps.
- Teak handrails on cabin top and pilothouse top (protective canvasses for all)
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with windlass controlled at pilot house or foredeck
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports on house sides with screens
- Pilothouse mast with spotlight and 24” Radome are painted to match deck.
- (4) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens and inserts - All replaced recently
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- (2) Rupp rod Holders
- Cockpit courtesy lights beneath coamings.
The cockpit coaming is varnished teak.
- Cockpit nonskid sole has direct overboard drainage scuppers
- Teak side boarding deck step mounts port or starboard
- Stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads mounts inboard port or starboard with stainless steel brackets
- There is storage beneath the aft seating and sink/grill.
Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in Sunbrella Captain Navy Regimental fabric. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to below deck pumps, Hamilton water jet and batteries.
- Molded-in port and starboard cup holders
- Aft of pilothouse, starboard, freshwater washdown/shower with hot/cold water
More seating is available on the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in Sunbrella Captain Navy Regimental fabric.
- The engine box includes a stainless steel sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, a Force 10 BBQ LP Gas Grill, and additional storage beneath the sink and stove
- The engine box and seat are hinged on the aft end and have an electric lift for easy access to the engine.
Other cockpit amenities include:
- Full Ivory-color cockpit cover - attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming
- Cockpit lighting under coamings on dimmer switch
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located under starboard coaming
- Fishing rod holders on port and starboard aft deck sides
- Sail Shade system for protecting passengers from sun when docked or underway
- 2 Alpine stereo speakers controlled from helm, cabin or phone.
The PILOTHOUSE (Extended style):
- Varnished teak upper interior including the dash teak package
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with screens and sun protect inserts - Recently replaced
- Additional illumination is by rheostat controlled overhead low-voltage dimmable halogen lights
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed forward with heavy-duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory-color window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows
- (2) Alpine stereo speakers controlled from helm, cabin or phone
- Dedicated 12,000 BTU Marineair air conditioning, heating and dehumidifying system
- (2) Hella fans one in each forward corner of pilothouse (port and starboard).
The extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating:
- L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in matching Sunbrella Captain Navy Regimental[WJ3] fabric
- New “Sail Shade” system with removable carbon fiber poles to create a “bimini” top over aft cockpit
- Locker stowage beneath the settee
- Varnished teak table on a pedestal
- The tabletop is hinged to fold to a smaller triangular table allowing use flexibility and drops to form “child-size” berth with (2) drop-in cushions covered in Captain Navy fabric
- Two, of the four, opening hatches with screens and inserts are over the aft pilothouse area.
Custom helm and passenger seats with pilothouse matching cushions and forward bulkhead mounted stainless steel footrest.
- Seats mounted on powder-coated pedestals
- Large in deck storage with floor hatch.
- Forward passenger area has a varnished teak integrated handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead
- Controller for 12,000 BTU air conditioning, heating and dehumidifying system
- Mobile Power Generator controller-currently non functional
- Dedicated electrical panel for 2 air conditioning systems and mobile power
- Varnished teak instrument pod with stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- “Jet Stick”
- Engine gauges
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt outlet and light in chart pocket
- Remote switch control for spotlight
- (2) Cup holders
- Emergency backup jet bucket control
- Intermittent wiper and spray control
- Air conditioning vent.
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Dual screened Garmin charplotter displays with radar overlay – fully integrated with autopilot system, engine camera and Fusion Stereo system
- Spectrum GX2350 VHF Radio[WJ4] - with DSC and loud hailer/intercom - Ritchie compass
- Recent Fusion Bluetooth Stereo
- Radome antenna is painted to match deck
- Trumpet horn
Forward through the companionway door and down the steps are the interior accommodations below.
From the companionway steps:
- Galley is immediately to port
- Head is opposite to starboard
- V-berth area is forward
- Storage is available in lockers, a "pantry area", and a hanging locker starboard.
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- Opening overhead hatch with four opening ports are below (including head and galley)
- Removable screens on all opening ports
- (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting
- Accu-point heater with ducts in main cabin, head and pilothouse
- 12,000 BTU Marineair air conditioning, heating, dehumidifying unit dedicated to cabin, head and galley.
- Formica – Clear Beige Sand countertop with stainless steel sink
- Polished stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Adler Barbourrefrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining box - countertop hatch accessed
- Force 10 two-burner stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover
- GE microwave 110-volt oven
- (3) Cherry pull-out storage drawers
- Pull-out under counter garbage receptacle
- 110-volt outlet
- Red step light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The countertop has plenty of counter work space. Forward of the sink, the stove is set in the countertop and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board. Aft countertop has hatch access to the refrigeration mounted under the countertop.
A forward “pantry” locker has a louvered door and several shelves, as well as a dish stowage bin above.
- Remote propane shut-off and the stereo system are mounted above
- This locker also separates the galley from the V-berth area forward
- Custom wine rack in bottom of galley locker holds 6 bottles of wine
- 110-volt outlet.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry entry door
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted enameled sink
- Scandvik faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water
- Sealand vacu-flush marine head
- Mirror with cherry frame
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity
- (2) Frigast 12-volt lamps
- (1) Hella Fan
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
Forward most is a V-BERTH - with adapter to form a double berth.
- Cushions upholstered in Michelangelo Navy with gold welt
- V-Berth Filler Cushion also finished in Michelangelo Navy
- Excellent storage under the V-berth with easy access cherry drop-front door and shelf.
- Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-Berth
- (2) Hella fans – removable, port and starboard
- (2) Opening ports with screens
- (2) 12-Volt Frigast lamps
- Controller for dedicated 12,000 BTU air conditioning, heating and dehumidifying system.
- 12-volt DC electrical system:
- (3) 12-volt Lifeline GPL-4D batteries for a total of 540-amps
- 160-amp battery alternator
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting.
- 110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- (2) 30 amp shore power inlets for main panel and air conditioning
- Stainless shore power cord holder
- Heart Freedom 2500-watt Inverter
- 110-volt outlets in head and galley.
- Low resistance, heavy copper and zinc anode electrical bonding system:
- Bass AC electrical panel and DC sub-panel.
2002 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP 440-hp diesel engine with Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM-220PL transmission and Side-Power 12-volt 7” bow thruster. Hinckley custom “Jet Stick” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- 2016 engine rebuild
- Jet Stick®
- Side-Power 7” electric bow thruster
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High engine temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system.
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- In-line 12-volt automatic sump pump.
- Engine room sound insulation
- Engine box forced air blower
- Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge
- Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- Accupoint heater - with ducts in main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- 2 Marineair 12,000 BTU air conditioners - with ducts in main cabin, head and pilothouse (helm side).
- Mobile Power 5 KW power generation system-currently not in use by owner.
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket
- Boat hook mounted under side deck
- Dock lines
- Fenders with soft covers
- Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve
- Life jackets
- Hand held flare kit
- (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- 12-volt trumpet horn with switch on dash
- Masthead and running lights
- ACR spot light - masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control.
Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” stainless steel chain and 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the cockpit or deck with remote at the anchor locker.
Specifications are provided for informational purposes only. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provide and agrees to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.