1999 Grand Banks Eastbay 3838ft
US$230,000 tax not included
|Hull Shape||Deep Vee|
|Offered By||YachtSalesInternational.Com - YSI -Martin Bird Associates|1999 Grand Banks Eastbay 38
"Moonlight Express" is a well maintained 1999 Grand Banks Eastbay 38 in beautiful condition. The hull design is from the well known designer C. Raymond Hunt & Associates, the creator of the "Deep V Hull". Designers for notable builders such as Bertram, Alden, Grand Banks, Camper & Nicholsons, Palmer Johnson, Hunt Yachts, Chris Craft, Boston Whaler, to name just a few.
The Eastbay 38 has arguably the best ride in her class. She is powered with twin 420hp 3126 Caterpillar diesel engines with approximately 1,400 hours. Glendinning engine synchronizer.
Notable updates and features include: B & G Instrument Package (2019), canvas top and enclosure (2021), Northern Lights generator with roughly 500 hours, 16K BTU AC/Heat (2020), bottom paint (2022). Prop Speed on underwater running gear (2022), 50' 50amp shore power cord (2022) for Glendinning Cable Master, electric anchor windlass with bow and helm controls, transom door...
Stepping aboard and onto the large teak cockpit from either the wide side decks and down 3 steps or thru the transom door from the teak swim platform, makes getting aboard easy.
The large teak cockpit has 3 storage hatches for fenders, dock lines and access to the steering running gear. There is a port side bench with cushions and storage inside, a cockpit shower on the stern. There is a hinged Mast for antennas, radar, spreader lights, flag halyard and wind instrument.
Moving forward up two steps onto the teak helm area between the companionway, you have port and starboard Pompanette swivel chairs with foot-rests, cushions and canvas covers. The starboard side helm chair has easy viewing of the 2 Chart-Plotters, VHF, Auto-pilot and engine gauges. The port side companion chair has access to a small storage locker as well as the chart storage cabinet. There is a forward facing bench seat with cushions behind. Access to the engine room is through the hydraulic lifting center-line hatch. An electric powered window vent keeps the air in and and rain out.
Entering the companionway down four steps and onto the varnished teak and holly cabin sole, to your left is the galley and the settee is to your right. The U- Shaped galley is equipped with a 3 burner propane stove and convection/microwave oven under the stove. Solid surface counter-tops. Two refrigeration/freezer units, one front loading and the other top loading unit in the aft port corner of the galley. A double stainless sink with storage under as well as a storage bin on the forward port corner of the galley.
The U- shaped settee seats 4 and can be converted to a berth. Storage cabinet outboard. The electrical panel for the 12V/110 systems is located on the starboard aft bulkhead. Moving forward the head is on the port side. I sliding teak door opens to the head which features a freshwater Vacu-Flush head, solid counter top surface with built in sink. Grohe fixtures with pull around shower curtain, opening stainless port.
The forward owner's cabin features a large v-berth with filler cushion, over-sized custom mattresses. Cabinets outboard above the berth, hanging lockers both port and starboard. A overhead hatch with screen, two opening stainless ports offer plenty of ventilation. The below deck areas are serviced by a 16KW AC/Heat system.
Engine & Mechanical
- Twin Caterpillar 420ho 3126 diesels with roughly 1,400 hours
- Northern Lights Generator w/Sound Shield, roughly 500 hours
- Twin Disc Marine Transmissions
- Glendinning Engine Synchronizers
- Updated VDO Gauges
- Over-sized Groco Seawater Intake Strainers
- Duel Fuel Filters per Engine
- Heart Inverter w/link 1000
- 16kw BTU AC/Heat System (2020)
- Vacu-Flush Head
- HDMI Flat Screen TV
- Clarion Stereo w/USB Interface Plug
- 2 Cockpit Speakers/2 Cabin Speakers
- Convection/Microwave Oven
- 3 Burner Propane Stove
- Propane Solenoid Safety Switch in Galley
- Galley Exhaust Fan
- 50amp 125/250V Shore Power System
- 50' 50amp Shore Power Cord (2022)
- Glendinning Cable Master for 50amp Shore Power Cord
- Maxwell Electric Anchor Windlass w/Deck and Helm Controls
- Hot/Cold Cockpit Shower and Washdown
- Hydraulic Cockpit Engine Hatch
- Electric Powered Center Window Helm Vent
- Dripless Shaft Seals
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Remote Spotlight
- 2 Electric Helm Windshield Wipers
- Delta Anchor with Chain and Rode
- 2-Teak Folding Chairs
- Teak Folding Cockpit Table
- Helm Seat Canvas Cover
- Guest Seat Canvas Cover
- Companionway Canvas Cover
- Instrument Panel Canvas Cover
- Chart Storage Canvas Cover
- 2019 B&G Electronics Package
- 2- Zeus3 9" MFD's Chart-Plotters w/C-Map Charts
- HALO 24 + 30 Mile Color Radar
- Triton 2 Hydraulic Auto Pilot Controller
- WS710 Vertical Wind Pack w/3' Wand
- Z-DST Depth/Speed/Temperature Transducer
- V60-B VHF Radio Class B AIS Transmitter and Receiver
- H60 Wireless Handset for V-60 VHF Radio
- 2019 Hot Water Heater
- 2020 16kw Aircon/Heat System
- 2020 Refrigerator/Freezer
- 2021 Quantum Canvas Top w/Isinglass Enclosure
- 2020/21 New Batteries
- 2022 New Bottom Paint
- 2022 Spring Varnish Coats for Teak Toe Rail (bi Annual Varnish coats)
- 2022 Prop Speed on all Underwater Running Gear
- 2022 Shaft Zincs/Rudder Zincs/Trim Tab Zincs
- 2022 50' 50Amp 125/250V Shore Power Cord
- 2022 Aft Teak Cockpit Re-Caulked and Sanded (Nov.)
- 2022 Winter Varnish Coats for Teak Toe Rail
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
Speed & Distance
|Max Bridge Clearance||12ft|
|Length at Waterline||38ft|
|Fresh Water Tank||1 x 95 gal ()|
|Fuel Tank||1 x 344 gal ()|
|Holding Tank||1 x 25 gal ()|