1996 Island Packet 4040ft
£115,000 (US$140,810) tax included
|Offered By||Berthon International|1996 Island Packet 40
The Island Packet 40 has established itself as an industry benchmark for high quality cruising sailboats with its sparkling performance, ease of handling and spacious and liveable accommodations. MAGIC WEDNESDAY has been well looked after and cared for over her ownerships with the current owner sailing her in the Mediterranean since 2007. She is ready to carry on with her cruising adventures.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid fiberglass construction throughout with special gelcoats for durability.
- Hull moulded in one piece.
- Island Packet’s exclusive PolyClad@ II hull bottom gelcoat system.
- Deck laminate cored w/advanced PolyCore@.
- Deck attached to integrally molded hull flange w/bolts, lock nuts & adhesive sealant.
- Deck hardware thru-bolted w/aluminum backup plates.
- Combination teak rub/cap rail w/stainless steel striker, teak cap on bowsprit.
- Light ivory hull.
Keel & Rudder:
- Full Foil Keel & protected rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 50 HP Yanmar diesel 4JH2BE - four cylinder, fresh water-cooled.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Extensive sound control in engine compartment.
- 3 blade prop.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine has always been professionally serviced annually. Last service 2022.
- Cruising speed – approx 6 knots @ 1,800 rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 8 knots @ 2200 rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 2-3 litres per hour.
- 12vDC domestic system 110AC ring main from shorepower.
- 4 x 110ah 12v batteries, arranged in 2 banks of 2, joined in parallel and series to give 440ah at 12V.
- Engine start is from these, not a separate battery.
- Generator – needs replacing.
- All the fittings for the power and cooling are in place, so it makes it a straightforward job to replace.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Water heater runs of generator and engine heat exchanger.
- Electric & manual bilge pumps.
- Aluminium tank 90 gals / 341 L.
- Shut off valve, deck fill & remote gauge.
- Aluminium tank 170 gals / 644 L.
- Deck fill and remote gauge.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
- Aluminium holding tank 30 gals / 113 L.
- Deck pump out fitting.
- B&G computer.
- Wind speed and direction.
- Depth sounder.
- Speed fitted but needs replacing.
- Radar fitted but needs replacing.
Summary of Accommodation:
Description of layout from forwards:
- Marine head.
- Shower (drain to auto sump), with curtain on track & teak seat.
- Large vanity with polished stainless steel sink.
- Hot/cold pressure water with shower.
- Storage cabinets.
- Two opening ports and an overhead hatch.
- Integral recessed lighting.
- Double berth.
- Large stowage lockers and six cedar lined drawers.
- Generous cedar lined hanging locker with shelf over.
- Three opening ports, overhead hatch, deck vents, varnished teak & holly sole.
- With L-shaped pull-out double settee berth to starboard.
- Single settee berth to port.
- Teak cabinets & bookshelves outboard of both settees.
- Large stowage areas behind & under each settee.
- Cedar lined hanging locker with shelf.
- Deluxe drop leaf table folds against bulkhead rack (with bottle stowage).
- Large overhead hatch, numerous opening ports, deck vents & overhead handrails.
- Large wrap-around design with high-pressure laminate surfaces, teak sea rails on all edges.
- Two refrigerator systems, one 12v of mains.
- Gimballed three burner LPG stove with oven.
- Pot & pan locker.
- Double stainless-steel sink, hot & cold pressure water tap, manual pump, retractable spray unit.
- Rollaway trash bin, teak paper towel holder, soap rack.
- Teak dish rack & cutlery drawers.
- Large storage areas above & below counter, storage drawer, cabinet, dry storage locker.
- Large table with tray storage.
- Nav light with generous electronics cabinet.
- Master A-C/D-C electrical panel.
- Chart stowage drawer beneath settee.
- Marina head.
- Shower pan (drain to auto sump), curtain on track with teak seat.
- Large vanity with polished stainless steel sink.
- Hot/cold pressure water.
- Full-length unbreakable mirror.
- Wrap around counter with teak trim, storage cabinets.
- Overhead hatch & opening port.
- Large double berth.
- Full-length teak shelf outboard, stowage lockers & dressing seat.
- Generous cedar lined hanging locker with shelf.
- Two opening ports plus overhead hatch, varnished teak & holly sole.
- Anodized aluminium, single spreader, keel stepped mast.
- Self-tacking sail on inner forestay.
- Mainsheet traveller.
- Boom vang.
- Genoa tracks.
- Forestay and furler new in 2021.
- Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST winch – main halyard.
- Jib sheet winches x 2 Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST, 2 speed.
- Jib halyard winch on mast, Lewmar Ocean Series 24C, 2-speed.
- Mainsail with double reef.
- 130% roller furling genoa.
- Roller furling staysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Oversized deck operated windlass.
- Anchor with 50m chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Spray hood.
- Cockpit dodgers.
- Deck shade.
Tender & Outboard:
- Dinghy – needs TLC.
- 5hp 2-stroke outboard.
- 6 life jackets and lines.
- 3 fire extinguishers in main cockpit.
- Engine extinguisher.
- Fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
|Length at Waterline||34ft|
|Fresh Water Tank|
2012 Grand Soleil 50
St Peter Port, Guernsey
2012 Discovery 55
1996 Maxi Custom Tender
2005 Grand Soleil 50
Yarmouth, Isle of Wight