1984 Beneteau First 4242ft
Price Drop: US$5,000 (Jun 24)
1984 Beneteau First 42
Upgraded 57 hp Yanmar
New standing rigging by Bay Marine in 2020.
Water maker w/ new membrane
Amsterdam 40ST 2 speed electric winch
This is a French built First 42 and is featured in the coffee table book “Worlds Best Yachts” She is an exceptional sailor designed by the legendary German Frers. She points very well and is predictable in heavy winds. While not true racer due to the comfort and cruising weight she carries, she is sailor’s sailboat and very satisfying to helm with sensitive feedback. She has been south to Zihuantanejo and north to Desolation Sound and always felt safe and secure.
- Yanmar 57hp 1860 Hrs
- Nissan 8hp 25 Hrs
- Original Perkins 4108 replaced with Yanmar 4jh3e with heavier KBW20 gear.
- Naturally aspirated 57 hp at 3600 rpm.
- Full service - oil change, filters including racor primary and engine secondary 2022
- Coolant changed and transmission oil change 2022
- 225 amp alternator.
- Ballmar external regulator.
- 5 Lifeline AGM 100 amp hour house batteries and one isolated starting.
- Burns 3/4-1 gallon per hour at approx 6.7 knots and 2600 rpm.
- Custom 3 belt drive pully turned to drive the two belt alternator with a third groove for future use.
- Custom aluminum engine bed plats to facilitate alignment.
- Headsails- 100% Pineapple summer jib. 9 oz Dacron in excellent shape.
- North sales full batten with Antal track main sail. Norlam, Tri Radial Cut with 3 reef points and Dutchman flaking system.
- 3 reef points
- Spinnaker-1 unknown condition in Pineapple sock.
- All running rigging for spinnaker is in good shape.
- New standing rigging by Bay Marine in 2020.
- Running rigging is in good shape
- Scheafer 3100 roller furling.
- Amsterdam 40ST 2 speed electric winch
- Lewmar 55 winch x2
- Lewmar 43 winch x2
- Lewmar 40 winch x2
- Lewmar 30 winch
- Main sail cover
- Force Marine 410 three burner stovetop.
- Force Marine 410 oven.
- New propane control with sniffer.
- New propane line
- Sealed propane locker
- Double stainless steel sink.
- Alder Barber refer and ice box 2017.
- Emerson microwave.
- GFI outlets.
- 11 gal hot water heater
- Heart 2000 watt inverter and 100 amp charger
- Link 2000 remote monitor.
- Installed galvanic isolator on AC ground to prevent DC current leaks.
- Main pannel rewired.
- Nav station-
- Raytheon RL70 Rader.
- Garmin GPS 157.
- Standard Horizon Spectrum Plus VHF.
- LED lighting
- Ray Marine Plotter RL 80C.
- Ray Marine auto pilot w/ remote control
- Ray Marine speed, wind, depth.
- Plastimo compass.
- Standard Horizon VHF.
- Sony stereo.
- Sony DVD/CD.
- Saloon speakers.
- Vizio TV.
- Stainless steel radar tower aft with hoist for outboard motor
- 24 gal a day water maker w/ new membrane
- Replaced inadequate boom with Seldon boom with single line reefing and solid boom vang.
- Installed anchor windless with 135 feet of 5/16 chain
- 250 feet rope rode.
- 35 lb CQR Delta cruising anchor and Fortress aluminum f37 for the bay and Delta mud.
- Installed Webasto hydronic heat with 5 registers through out the boat. Runs through heat exchanger in 11 gallon hot water heater.
- Remodeled v-birth to full width king size with latex foam mattress.
- Had Svendsen’s peal the gel coat and then the layer of chop. Layed down 4 layers of 9oz cloth with West System epoxy then faired and 3 coats of Interlux 2000 barrier coat. Stripped faired and sealed iron keel.
- New Fexifold prop.
- New 55 gallon fuel tank.
- New 3 inch exhaust.
- New anchor rollers.
- Dripless shaft seal.
- Achilles high pressure floor roll up dingy with Nissan 8 hp motor.
Some boat history
1997 Rebuilt rudder with new foam and glass. Replaced all through hulls. Replaced cable and chain for steering gear. 1998 Purchased Achilles high pressure floor dingy and 8 HP Nissan (Tohatsu) 2 cycle out board. Installed Heart 2000 watt inverter and 100 amp charger with Link 2000 remote monitor. Installed galvanic isolator on AC ground to prevent DC current leaks. Installed IsoTemp 11 gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger that then works with Webasto hydronic heater. 2000 North sales full batten with Antal track main sail. Norlam, Tri Radial Cut with 3 reef points and Dutchman flaking system. Bought dacron 9oz 100% “summer jib” from Pineapple. (Note: this sail was little used for most of its time and is in excellent shape – perfect for the Bay in summer>) Installed Scheafer 3100 roller furling. Added custom built radar post with outboard lifting arm. Installed Raymarine Autopilot with remote control. Installed Raymarine RL70 Chart plotter at helm and on chart table. Installed Raymarine Radar Remodeled v-birth to full width king size with latex foam mattress. 2002 Peeled bottom gel coat then peeled layer of chop to remove all blisters. Applied 4 layers of 9 oz cloth with West System epoxy. Faired hull and applied 2 coats of Interlux 200 barrier coat. Stripped iron keel to bare metal then faired the keel with West system filler. Then applied 3 coats of clear epoxy then 2 coats of Interlux 2000 barrier coat. Faired and applied barrier coat to rudder. Reinforced fiberglass inside hull and aft end of keel. Also reinforced fiber glass stringer at base of compression post. Installed Force Ten 3 burner stove with oven. New propane line and sealed propane locker in aft lazarette. Installed remote solenoid control with “sniffer”. Original Perkins 4108 replaced with Yanmar 4jh3e with heavier KBW20 gear. Naturally aspirated 57 hp at 3600 rpm. Upgraded to 3” exhaust, new fuel tank increased from 30 gallons to 55 gallons. Installed custom aluminum engine bed plats to facilitate alignment. She Burns 3/4 to 1 gallon per hour at approx. 6.7 knots and 2600 rpm. Note: Just gave her a full service - oil change, filters including Racor primary and engine secondary Coolant drained flushed and changed with Yanmar long life coolant. Changed transmission oil. Installed Jabsco electric quiet flush toilet and Raritan Electra San marine sanitation device. Installed WebastoThermo 90 Hydronic heater with 5 radiators. Aft head, aft cabin, two in main salon, forward head and stateroom. Replaced all keel bolts. 2003 Installed Adler Barbour refrigeration. Installed horizontal anchor windless and added 135 feet of 5/16 high test chain and 35 lb delta anchor with fortress FX-37 danforth style for bay mud. Bought North Marathon 3DL 135% jib Rewired most of main electrical panel. 2004 During bottom job haul replace fixed blade prop with Fexifold 3 blade folding prop. Installed Raymarine ST60 instrument pack, wind, speed, depth. Steve Kissinger installed dodger. Had Genstar in Oakland customize a Leese Nevile 225 amp alternator to be controlled by a Balmar external regulator. Had custom 3 belt drive pully turned to drive the two belt alternator with a third groove for future use. Installed Anderson electric main halyard winch. Installed 6 Lifeline AGM Group 24 105 Amp Hour batteries plus 3 high amp isolation fuses. Replaced undersized Isomat boom with new Seldon boom with single line reefing and rigid vang. 2005 Upgraded autopilot to Raymarine 400G with fluxgate compass. Installed Standard Horizon VHF with DSC and remote Ram Mic at helm. Installed an Aqua Marine 24 gallon per hour modular water maker for 2006 Baja Ha Ha. 12 volt DC driven. 2012 Replace all 6 AGM Lifeline group 24 110 amp hour batteries. 2016 Replaced almost all the running rigging. 2018 Replaced Raritan Electra San with Electra Scan 2020 Replaced all standing rigging – Bay Mrine plus spreader tips. Sail inventory Headsails- 100% Pineapple summer jib. 9 oz Dacron in excellent shape. North Sails 135 3DL with some outer laminate damage but still serviceable. Main-North Sails Norlam tri radial cut with some outer laminate sun damage but still serviceable. 3 reef points Spinnaker-1 unknown condition in Pineapple sock. All running rigging for spinnaker is in good shape. Maintenance: Engine oil changes and transmission service always done at either hour recommendation or yearly if hours are less than recommended. Impeller changed at recommended hours or every 2-3 years. Valves adjusted per recommended schedule.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyer should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht, and should instruct his agents, or his surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Outboard Engine Brackets