1 of 25
|Class||Antique and Classic|
|Offered By||Atlantic Yacht Sales|
Bristol Condition! Completely Restored! Electric Power!
Talisman is a Roue 20, Hull #14, built at the Smith & Rhuland shipyard in Lunenburg Nova Scotia.
Please see the youtube walk through video in the link below.
Designer William Roue designed the schooner Bluenose which was also built at Smith & Rhuland, as was her successor, Bluenose 2.
I acquired Talisman in 2015 with the intention of restoring her to original condition, using modern materials and techniques. The restoration was completed in two phases.
Phase 1 was completed in 2016/2017 and consisted of:
-New aluminum mast and boom from Klacko Spars in Ontario.
- All new stainless steel standing rigging
- New keel, keelson, mast step, garboards, 1rst & 2nd broadstrakes and 6 new floors. Repaired several frames. Work completed at Lutwick’s Boat Building in Indian Point, NS
- New main hatch cover and rails built in my own shop.
- All new running rigging
- 4 new 12V AGM batteries
Phase 2 was completed in 2019 and consisted of:
- Removed and replaced entire deck and cabin and coamings. Deck and cabin top is multiple layers of marine grade meranti plywood sheathes in glass cloth and epoxy. Cabin sides and coamings are mahogany
- New stem and forefoot
- Rebuilt entire bow section
- Replaced at remaining floors
- Replaced 8 frames
- Replaced chain plates with new stainless steel plates which extend to the bilge
- New vintage deck hardware, cleats and winches
- Replaced sheer planks and several plank sections above the waterline
- New rub rails, toe rails and hand rails
- New deck vents (2)
- New electrical panel and wiring
- Rebuilt cabin interior
- New floor sole planks
- New companion way ladder
- New naval brass cabin window frames
ADDITIONAL FOR NEGOTIATION
- Acquired custom 2 axle road trailer with electric brakes from Corkum Trailers in Chester NS.- Acquired Torqeedo Electric outboard motor and bronze side mounting bracket
Work completed at Lutwick’s Boatbuilding.
While there are a few items left to be completed (aft hatch cover and interior fit up), Talisman is in excellent condition and restored for the next 50 years.
Ballast: Lead Keel
Wooden blue hull
White glass sheathed marine plywood
White boot top
Red wooden bottom
Full Lead keel
Balanced wooden balanced rudder
Wooden cabin sole
Torqeedo electric motor 3 HP
(4) 12-volt batteries
Electrical panel - 24 volts
Navigation and Spreader lights
Aluminum boom and aluminum spar
Stainless steel standing rigging
Sheets & Halyards
Winch handle number
2019 Corkum trailer
|Fresh Water Tank|