1 of 24
Simpson Marine Limited - Simpson Marine - Indonesia
This classic yacht is a stunning Stow and Sons ketch built in 1895. She is presented in excellent condition having been very well cared for throughout her life by enthusiastic and knowledgeable owners. Her current owner has lavished her with love and attention over the past few years. She's just been repainted in Awlgrip, all her brightwork is gleaming, new refrigeration, hydraulics, toilets, and much more. Over USD200,000 has been spent ensuring she is in tip top condition.
Every bit a classic on the outside she boasts all the modern comforts and technology on the inside. The current owner has participated in a number of Asian regional regatta's, she is joy to sail and to own a yacht like this is something only a lucky few will achieve in their life.
She can be viewed in Bali. Indonesia from September. Video tours are also possible.
This Classic Stow and Sons Ketch is a classic Stow and Sons cutter rigged ketch, originally built in 1895.
She has a centreline structure of English Oak, with grown English Oak frames set at 20" centers and are 4 3/4" deep and 8" wide, and sawn English Oak
frames set at 13" centres, 4" by 4" with some doubled at lower ends.
The floors are of forged iron 3
1/2" width, 1 1/2" depth tapering to 1/2".
Beam shelves and sprinters are also of English Oak. 'Rona'
features 2" teak hull planking, all of which was removed during her 1945/50 rebuild and refastened using bronze bumps
Her gar boards are 2 swan English Oak (new 1995), deck beams are English Oak (new 1985), deck planking is 1 7/8 teak (new 1985) and her decks were re-caulked in 2008.
Bulwark stanchions are English Oak, 3 sided sheathed above deck with 3/8 teak 1994/6.
Bulwark planking is 7/8 teak (new
All deck joinery is solid teak, gloss varnished all replaced 1995/97.
Her Doghouse replaced in 1989.
The mast was repaired at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club in 2011 & 2013.
The mizzen was repaired in 2015.
The main mast was stripped backed and varnished in 2013 and the mizzen in 2015.
This Classic Stow and Sons Ketch is powered by a Perkins M130C 130hp diesel engine (1996/97) with 3603 engine hours.
The engine is fresh water cooled via an heat exchanger.
'Rona' is driven by an hydraulic drive routed aft to a Volvo hydraulic motor
(1996/97) with an hydraulic oil cooler (1998), and a Timex high grade stainless steel shaft (1996/97) with three-brade bronze propeller (1998).
This Stow and Sons Classic Ketch is also fitted with a Northern Lights generator and air-conditioning.
This Classic Stow and Sons Ketch is a classic Stow and Sons cutter rigged ketch.
She features the following rigging: Sitka Spuce spars, gloss finished:
• Main mast by Harry Spencer (1992), repaired 2011 and 2013, re-varnished 2013.
• Main boom by Harry Spencer (1995/97), re-varnished 2013
• Mizzen mast by AG Blair (1995/97), repaired and re-varnished 2015
• Mizzen boom by AG Blair (1995/97), re-varnished 2015
• Staysail boom by AG Blair (1995/97), re-varnished 2007
• Stainless steel standing rigging replaced 1997
• Dynema halyards, lathered eyes with Tylaska T20?s (2001)
• Main mast runners with leather protectors (2001)
• Solid bronze masthead fittings (1995/97)
• Stainless steel rigging pins and shroud plates by Formula spars (1997)
• Blocks custom made with bronze frames
• Lewmar titanium topping lift block Sails on board this Stow and Sons cutter rigged ketch, include:
• Doyle mainsail with 3 reefs, classic cream 1997
• Doyle mizzen with 2 reefs, classic cream 1997
• Doyle staysail with 1 reef, classic cream 1997
• Doyle yankee/flyer no.1, classic cream 1997
• Doyle yankee/flyer no.2, classic cream 1997
• Sanders Sails genoa, classic cream 1998
• Doyle mizzen staysail, white 1997
• Sanders Sails asymmetric spinnaker with sock, white 2007
• Doyle Asymmetric Spinnaker 2012 Her winches include:
• Two bronze Lewmar44ST winches on boom port and starboard
• One bronze Lewmar 30 winch on mast starboard
• One Arco-Hutton 52ST winch on mast port
• Two bronze Lewmar 66ST mounted forward of mizzen mast
• Two bronze Lewmar 46ST mounted next to mizzen mast
• The bronze winches were new in 1997
Ground tackle on board this Classic Stow and Sons Yacht includes:
Accommodation is provided within three cabins, and additional berths in the dog house and saloon.
Forward to port and starboard are two bunk cabins, aft of the forward cabins is a bathroom with electric head, porcelain sink and shower.
Aft is an owners cabin featuring a double berth and a further single berth.
There is an en suite bathroom with electric head, and sink.
Two further berths are provided in the doghouse above the aft cabin.
There are also two pipe cots in the saloon, above each
sofa. 'Rona' features Cruisair reverse cycle air-conditioning units forward and aft.
All upholstery and mattresses were replaced in 2007.
This Stow and Sons Classic Yacht is equipped with the following navigation equipment: At chart table:
• B&G Hydra speed/depth/wind/nav
• B&G Hydra Pilot autopilot
• Raytheon R20XX radar ? debatable whether functioning
• Raytheon Raychart 610 ? non functioning
• Icom SSB ic-M700UK ? non functioning
• One Icom handheld VHF
• Raymarine Ray 240 VHF
• Sea Map computer navigator ? old computer
• Lowrance HDS5
• Furuno GPS/WASS Navigator At helm position:
• Sestrel steering compass
• B&G speed
• B&G Wind Direction
• B&G Magnified Wind Direction
• B&G Wind Speed
• B&G Depth
• B&G Compas (electric)
• B&G Rudder angle
• B&G Hydra Pilot autopilot
This Classic Stow and Sons Ketch underwent a complete rewire of her electrical systems in her 1995/97 refit. Electrical systems include:
• 24v main engine start batteries (2 x 12v 105ah batteries)
• 24v domestic system (14 x 12v 105ah batteries)
• 12v 105ah gel battery for generator start
• Victron 24v 80ah battery charger for domestic batteries 2014
• Victron 24/3000 Phoenix Inverter - 2014
• Victron 24v 25 ah battery charger for engine batteries
• Perkins 75 amp engine alternator
• Additional 100 amp engine alternator
• Northern Lights 7.5Kva generator (1996/97) ? 3110 hours run
• 240v ring main
• Shore power
• Navigation lights
• Spreader lights on main and mizzen masts
• CD/radio player Covers:
• Doyle sail covers for main, mizzen and staysail
• Covers for all deck equipment including winches, dorades, hatches etc
• Overall winter boat cover Safety:
• Forward and aft automatic bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump