36' Island Gypsy Europa
1982 Island Gypsy 36 Europa, Hull #50
This vessel is equipped with twin reliable and economical Ford Lehman engines (80hp each, 3k hours) and a Westerbeke generator (8 kw, 2k hours). Extensive mechanical and systems work has been continually done in recent years. She has great bones and is in need of cosmetic work, to be done to a new owner’s taste!
The boat has been used regularly and has always been in a covered slip since purchased by her current owner. If you’re looking for a mechanically sound vessel that can be used and enjoyed while addressing the cosmetics on your own schedule, this Island Gypsy is a great option! It is also very well prepped as a liveaboard or for extended cruises.
Work completed in recent years:
New headliner in salon
Remanufactured generator end installed
Engines have had regular maintenance and upgrades performed by a knowledgeable Ford Lehman owner:
- American Diesel upgraded design raw water pumps installed
- Engine oil coolers and hoses replaced
- Transmission oil coolers and hoses replaced
- New coolant heat exchangers installed
- New mixing elbows installed
- Oil in injector pumps routinely replaced
- New Centek mufflers installed
- Various exhaust, sea water, and fuel hoses replaced
- Engine mounts replaced on both engines and shaft alignments performed
Other Significant Equipment:
- Two 16k self-contained Webasto AC units (with reverse cycle heat and digital control pads) installed that cool the boat very well, even in Texas summer heat!
- An 11 gallon water heater installed for excellent showering. Vessel also has a shower separate from the head – Again, great for live aboards or extended weekends!
- Inverter/charger with remote panel (2000 Watt Inverter with 100 amp charger).
- A back-up Xantrex True Charge 20 amp charger for redundancy.
- 2 x 6 volt golf cart house battery bank installed great 12v DC reserve capacity
- New Ship/Shore AC source selector panel installed
- Racor 500 series primary filters with vacuum gauges
- Electric windlass
- SeaLand VacuFlush head installed with 40 gallon holding tank, complete with tank level monitoring system!
The vessel has excellent aft and side decks that make line handling and docking a breeze, as opposed to other aft cabin designs.
Teak decks on the aft and side decks have been removed and non-skid applied.
Forward cabin wood-framed windows have been upgraded to aluminum models
- Garmin 741xs Touchscreen MFD (includes depth sounder)
- Garmin 18HDx Radar
- Standard Horizon GX2200 Radio with GPS/AIS Receiver
- Backup Uniden VHF (or monitoring second channel)
- 450 gallons of diesel (2 x 225 gallons)
- 270 gallons of water (2 x 135 gallons)
- 40 gallon waste holding tank