The Miami International Boat Show – also known simply as the Miami Boat Show or MIBS for short – is just around the corner so it’s time to make plans to attend the largest boating event of the winter in South Florida. Whether you’re shopping for a boat, engines, electronics, accessories, or sails, you’ll find it all at this one-stop-shopping extravaganza.
The giant event takes place Wednesday-Sunday, February 15-19 and will open every day at 10:00 am. This massive show encompasses six venues around the city from South Beach to downtown Miami. Venue maps for the Convention Center, Pride Park, Herald Plaza, Venetian Marina, Miami Museum Park Marina and Yacht Haven Grande Miami are available online.
Parking is available at each location but you may want to leave your vehicle in one place and take show transportation (shuttle buses and water taxis) or shared ride services between the different venues to save time and money. No matter what, you’ll be getting your steps in so bring comfy shoes, lots of sunscreen and plenty of snacks.
6 Different Locations – Where To Find What
You’ll want to target different locations depending on what you’re looking for. Be sure to understand what is at each of the six different locations so you can see what you want to see and experience the best of the boat show this year.
- Convention Center – gear, services, fishing accessories, boats (not in the water) and more
- Pride Park – marine accessories, educational activities, and interactive experiences
- One Herald Plaza – powerboats and motor yachts 30-125 feet
- Venetian (previously Sea Isle) Marina – power boats of various sizes
- Museum Park Marina – sailboats and sailing gear as well as large power catamarans
- Yacht Haven SuperYacht Miami – very large motor vessels including the grande dame 312-ft KISMET
2023 Boat Debuts To Watch
Expect dozens of powerboats and sailboats to make their debut. Some exciting premiers include:
- Absolute 52 Flybridge motor yacht – check out the comfort, luxury and space offered by the latest in the Absolute line of fine yachts
- Leopard 40 power cat – line up to see this power cat which couples will find irresistible for its generous spaces, practical design, and sensible sizing
- Viking 90C sport fisher – see this convertible yacht that will please even the most discerning tournament angler with a 225-square foot cockpit
- Tiara Yachts X60 – see the flagship of the Tiara line that comes with the amazing Assisted Docking feature from the Garmin/Volvo collaboration
- Valhalla 50 sport fisher – visit the sixth model in the Valhalla line of exclusive center consoles which share many design traits with Viking sport fishers
- Sunreef Eco 80 electric power cat – don’t miss this sexy sustainable superyacht with groundbreaking design and solar arrays integrated right into the composite structure
- Solace 30 HCS – put this hybrid center console on your list if you’re looking for a family boat that anglers will love as well
- Lagoon 51 sailing cat – tour this massive flybridge cat that will soon be a favorite in both charter and private ownership
- Excess 14 sailing cat – explore the innovative architecture of this roomy cruising cat that can cross oceans
- Beneteau Oceanis sailboat – make a point of visiting the flagship of the Oceanis Yachts line with its distinctive hull and acres of living space
- Jeanneau 65 sailboat – experience this sumptuous, distance cruiser that is also the French builder’s flagship
- Beneteau First 44 racing sailboat – you’ll want to check out this speedy racer/cruiser that will hold her own in any regatta
What To Do
It’s not all about boat shopping. Come to about the latest in boating technology, listen to great music, sample fine food, and generally get into the boating spirit before summer arrives.
Here’s an idea of the activities that can easily fill a three-day weekend.
- Build skills at the Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center that will offer over 50 seminars
- Get hands-on with in-water demos and gear testing at the AquaZone with their 40,000-gallon pool in Pride Park
- Go green at Costa Conservation Village and the Volvo Penta Sustainability stage
- Enjoy a live band Thursday-Sunday at 4:00-7:00 pm each evening
Ticket prices start at $42 and range up to $325 for the Windward VIP Experience. SuperYacht Miami tickets are sold separately and start at $130.
Windward VIP Experience
For an unforgettable splurge, opt for the Windward VIP Experience that comes with exclusive benefits.
These include a premium open bar and culinary treats as well as private restrooms at both Herald Plaza and the Miami Beach Convention Center. Also included are the following:
- Windward VIP tote bag
- Access to Superyachts Miami
- Complimentary shuttle and water taxi
- Golf cart transportation service
- One-day general admission access to Art Wynwood (2/17 – 2/19), the premier winter contemporary and modern art fair presented by Art Miami
A Can’t Miss Event
Even if you’re not shopping for a boat or gear, you can plan a multi-day visit to the show and enjoy Presidents Day weekend in style at this must-see show. Between the educational opportunities, the fine dining and the free music, there’s no way you want to miss the premier boating and yachting event of the season.