What to look for in boat insurance
Your boat is probably one of your most treasured and valuable possessions. Unfortunately, a boat can also be vulnerable – to accidents, storms, and theft. In addition to giving you peace of mind, boat insurance coverage provides protection for you, your passengers and your boat. Here are some qualities to consider when shopping for boat insurance:
- Stability – research the financial stability of your potential boat insurance provider. A.M. Best and Standard & Poors offer financial ratings for boat insurance companies
- Customer Service – When a claim occurs you’ll want to be treated fairly and quickly. Choose a marine insurance provider with a large network of boat insurance agencies, offices, claim centers, emergency services and helpful employees to serve you in your time of need.
- Reputation – Get your boat insurance from a quality boat insurance provider. Choose a company with high standards and a strong reputation.
- Coverage options – Your boat insurance needs are unique to you, make sure the boat insurance provider has a wide selection of options.
- Price – Although price is important you will need to understand your marine insurance policy and services behind it. Find a balance between peace of mind, financial security and price. Make sure you understand your policy, the lowest price is not always the best protection.
Your boat is designed to give you years of enjoyment; ensure your fun by choosing the right protection.
To learn more about boat insurance, read
- Insurance Policy Terms for Yacht Owners
- Boat and Yacht Insurance: Are You Covered on Land?
- What’s the Difference Between Cheap Insurance and Inexpensive Insurance?
Axopar Boats and luxury car manufacturer BRABUS teamed up to build the cutting-edge Brabus Shadow 900...