42' Westsail Cutter
Priced to Sell
The Westsail 42 set the early standards for all-ocean sailing yachts. Black Dog is a cutter rigged with hanked on sails, center cockpit, canoe stern, full keel, keel-hung rudder, heavy fiberglass lay-out, and a decent turn of speed, they remain very popular among cruisers to this day. The owner is ready to move on.
Engine runs great and well maintained. Boat bottom is in good condition and clear of blisters but due for painting. This was a factory build sailboat and thus has the very thick hull throughout. The engine room is large and spacious so easy to access engine.
Owner recently put over $10,000 into boat.
- new custom made exhaust system for engine
- new raw water pump
- new raw water filter
- new additional fuel filter system (runs in parallel with existing fuel filter system)
- fuel tanks inspected 2017 (good condition)
- new fuel level gauge for main fuel tank
- upgraded and repaired hot water tank and system
- 2 new glass batteries
- 1 new deep cycle battery
- new shower drain and pump
- Top and sides deep cleaned
- new fresh water intake port for hose hookup (for continuous fresh water from dock - to not solely rely on water tanks)
- replaced various water lines and hoses
- new electrical shore power cord with 2 different adapters
- new complete blue seas electrical panel (to be installed - current panel works good)
- new battery charger (to be installed - current one still works good)
Priced to sell fast as owner is moving out of state.