Extensive Facilities & Equipment
Derecktor Gunnell's 17 acre facility is the best equipped shipyard in the state of Florida, with facilities capable of handling motor and sailing yachts up to 170 feet. Our large state-of-the-art facilities ensure advanced design, high quality, and timely delivery.
- 600 Ton Marine Elevator and Transfer System
- 160 Ton and 60 Ton Marine TravelLifts
- 18 and 35 Ton Cranes
- Basket crane for lifting riggers
- Full Service Machine shop
- Carpentry shop
- Blacksmith shop
- Most experienced rigging loft in the Southeast
- Marine supply store for over-the-counter parts and accessories
- 22 slip, in-water covered storage (75'-150' craft)
- 40,000 square feet of out-of-water shed space
- 4,000 feet of dockage
- MIG and TIG welding
- Plasma arc cutting
- Indoor painting facilities (brushwork and Awlgrip finish)
- On-site electrical and electronics technicians
- On-site canvas shop
Derecktor Gunnell is experienced in the use of all marine construction materials. In addition, Derecktor Gunnell is constantly pioneering the use of new and innovative materials for improved performance and extended reliability.
- High-tech composite: Kevlar, carbon fiber etc.
Derecktor Gunnell Shipyards is centrally located in Southeast Florida, and is easily accessible by land, sea, or air.
- Less than 1 mile East of Fort Lauderdale International Airport
- Close to Interstate 95 - take Griffin Rd. exit east 2 miles
- Close to Port Everglades, Interstate 595 and US 1
- Minutes from Ft Lauderdale
- Directly accessible to the open sea via Dania Cut Off Canal and the Intracoastal Waterway
- No fixed bridges to hamper movement in or out
- 13 feet of water to accommodate virtually any size yacht, power or sail
- Security patrolled, gated yard facilities for your convenience
775 Taylor Lane
Dania, FL 33004, USA