Your Choice for Blue Water Boats
Founded in 1982 as a New England yacht design and building company David Walters Yachts has grown to become the premier brokerage for quality blue water sail and motor yachts. Today our focus is to offer our clients unparalleled service based on knowledge, experience, and integrity.
The Roots Run Deep at David Walters Yachts
Our team has a combined 200 years of experience both working, playing, and living aboard the boats we well. Our backgrounds are as diverse as the boats we sell and the clients we work with. Made up of former yacht captains, liveaboards and cruisers, expedition sailors, boat builders and designers, fishermen, engineers, and former military, one common thread has brought our team together and enabled us to make our passion our profession.
David Walters Yachts Started from Humble Beginnings
David Walters and his wife Betsy built what has become today the top brokerage company in the United States for quality blue water sailboats. As the co-founder of Shannon Yachts in 1975 and founder of Cambria in 1982, Dave’s early career in yacht design and boat building and his keen eye for quality helped launch the company’s transition from boat builder to brokerage in 2001. Since then, the company has grown from its central office in Fort Lauderdale with brokers also in Naples Florida, Newport Rhode Island, and now Santa Barbara California and Annapolis Maryland. As a measure of the company’s success, our brokers have sold over 1,700 boats and served thousands of clients. Many of whom have gone on to circumnavigate the globe.
Our Formula is Simple
Focus on the client, always act with integrity, and utilize our experience and knowledge to help individuals realize their dreams. Whether to circumnavigate with a family, cross an ocean, or just sail lazily across the bay, we’re proud of the fact that today we have hundreds of clients around the world living out their dreams.
An Enjoyable Experience
The mission of our brokers and staff is to provide each client with comprehensive and enjoyable service throughout the buying and selling process. For buyers, the experience of purchasing their next boat should be an exciting one filled with the dreams and vision for the journey that lay ahead. For sellers, the experience is often one filled with a mix of emotions. Countless miles traveled under the keel and memories abound often makes the sales process bittersweet but one undertaken for a variety of reasons. Our team understands both sides of the sales process and aims to make it one that relives as much stress and anxiety as possible by working closely with you from initial contact to closing.
David Walters Yachts was established to assist buyers and sellers with quality sail and power brokerage and new yacht services with over 200 years combined years of yacht design, building and brokerage experience. Our experienced brokers are uniquely qualified to assist clients in all aspects of purchasing or selling their yachts. Dave Walters is well known over 45 years in the industry as a boat builder and then as a very talented yacht broker. He personally has coordinated sales of hundreds of yachts in North and South America, Europe and Asia and his yacht building companies produced some of the highest quality semi-custom designs. After 40 years of owning and running David Walters Yachts it was time to hand over the helm.
The President of David Walters Yachts is Josh McLean. Dave has personally groomed Josh McLean for the past several years to enable him to easily hold the course and he has proven he can get the ship moving even faster. Josh McLean is at the headquarters of David Walters Yachts at 777 SE 20th Street Suite #255 in Fort Lauderdale. He is growing the ledgendary brokerage into a new powerhouse of a company as you can see from the amazing listings at three locations. Reach Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Newport RI Office is headed up by John Osetek. John has been a professional yacht broker in New England for many many years and worked at Alden Yachts building some of the worlds most beautiful sailboats for ten years. In new england and across the world, Jon Osetek needs no introduction. The Newport, Rhode Island Office serves the Northeast US. You can reach John Osetek at email@example.com.
Annapolis Office - RogueWave Yacht Sales of Annapolis MD merged with David Walters Yachts in May of 2017! Now the RogueWave Division of David Walters is in Annapolis MD, the Sailing Capitol of the World! RogueWave has and always will be Your Choice for Bluewater Boats! Kate Christensen and Bernie Jakits and the rest of the Annapolis team are here to serve our clients at Port Annapolis Marina, 7080 Bembe Beach Road, Suite 111, Annapolis MD 21403. Ph 410 571-2955. Reach Bernie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Walters Yachts is proud to have assembled a team of expert yacht brokers with over 200 years of combined experience in three locations on the east coast and soon to open an office in Santa Barbara CA. Josh McLean, George Eberhard, Lori Goldstein, John Osetek, Bernie Jakits, and Kate Christensen and the rest of the team look forward to providing professional services with the assistance of the very experienced office staff that is managed by Amanda Noon and Betsy Walters in Fort Lauderdale and Diane Ilg in Annapolis.
60' Paradise Custom
Paradise 60 "Morning Star"
MAJOR 400K PRICE REDUCTION
This offshore perfect couple world voyager of the highest caliber is 100% ready to take you safely, swiftly, and comfortably to as far north as the Arctic and as far south as Antartica. There is no finer boat currently available worldwide in this condition. She is ALL purpose.
Morning Star is duty paid in the US and actively for sale to US citizens!
The Paradise 60 Morning Star is the ultimate voyaging yacht designed for a couple to safely sail anywhere in the world on long offshore passages while spending extended periods of time at anchor in no-compromise comfort. At the time of her launch in May of 2015 she was appraised at over three million Euros! You can now own Morning Star for about half what it cost to build her! She is an incredible custom aluminum ocean sailing yacht is the inspiration of Carl and Sandra Soares. After years of defining their requirements and working through design concepts the final vessel was ultimately drawn by Peter Bosgraaf of Bosgraaf Yacht Designs in the Nederland’s. She was built by the famous Dutch builder of aluminum vessels, Jachtbouw Folmer, who has earned a good reputation for building the highest quality of custom aluminium yachts. Morning Star is a one of a kind blue water voyager that is an incredibly capable ocean going sailing machine of the highest order.
Bosgraaf, the designer, is well known for his ability to listen to his clients. One of his recognized designs is a beautiful 53 ft racer cruiser which is now chartering with ten guests aboard between Norway, England and the Netherlands. Peter Bosgraaf was selected among many possible designers because the firm takes great pride helping the client achieve their special vision and meet all their requirements. It was a perfect choice and the result is a stunning vessel of style and substance that is executed at the highest level of quality. The builder of the yacht was equally important. Dutch yacht builders are well known for the production of the highest quality in aluminum vessels that money can buy. Jachtbouw Folmer was chosen based on their meticulous attention to detail and their track record in delivering yachts of the highest quality.
The result is Morning Star and one look at her will tell you that she is a stunning yacht that has met and exceeded all her owners requirements. Morning Star is an aluminum yacht with water-tight bulkheads to create four completely watertight compartments. Every aspect of the design, engineering, systems and interior features is focused on making this yacht the ultimate offshore cruising yacht for two people to handle safely and to accommodate up the six adults on a passage.
Highlights of Morning Star:
- Optimal design specs for safety and comfort!
- Safety First, Last, and Always was a primary design requirement evident every design feature
- Easily driven hull shape of the proper proportions for stability and ease of steering in addition to speed
- Highest quality aluminum construction by Jachtbouw Folmer in Holland
- Water tight bulkheads to create four completely watertight compartments with bilge pumps in each
- Sea chest in engine room water tight compartments for sea water intake minimizes thru hulls
- Two levels of bilge pumps to address any ingress in any compartment
- Unique twin diesel engine design (two Perkins M65) for increased range and efficiency, possible 2000K nm range
- Fuel and water tanks are integral creating a double bottom and distributing the weight low and center in the keel. Fuel capacity is 362 gallons! Water of almost 200 gallons total.
- Massive charging of the 2450 amp hour house batteries with four Balmar alternators: Two 320 amp and two 90 amp, plus 10k genset
- Engine room with complete mechanical space with a work bench and tool box in a watertight compartment
- Comprehensive redundancy of every system critical to safe passage making including 72 mile Furuno and 36 mile B&G Radar plus comprehensive electronics
- Inside and outside helm stations with complete control and instrumentation
- Rig design for ease of sailing with small for triangle and full batten mainsail
- Rig designed for ease of sailing with carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars.
- Leisurefurl hydraulic boom furling for easy of short hand sailing
- Hydraulic system powers halyard winches, windlass, furl boom, Reckmann RF90 furler and max retractable bow thruster
- Reckmann RF90 Hydraulic furlers, vang and critical winches
- Hydraulic vang and backstay system - Navtec
- Robust well balanced steering system with two carbon fiber balanced spade rudders built by GMT in Bristol RI
- Steering system is Jefa Steering Systems in Denmark with two Carbon Fiber wheels in the cockpit
- Joystick inside power steering by Hydrive Engineering of Australia with two hydraulic rams.
- Three independent commercial grade autopilots for redundancy and security
- Full size washer and dryer!
- Liferaft stowed and easily launched from the transom by the smallest crew member
The Paradise 60 “Morning Star” is now offered for sale. She has arrived in Annapolis MD after an ocean crossing from the Nederland’s. Morning Star is the ultimate sailing yacht for a couple to sail anywhere in the world.
We are absolutely thrilled to be able to show you why she is the ultimate! Be sure to check out both the detailed video presentation, and shorter video as well as the 3D walkthrough.
Morning Star will be at the Newport Boat Show before returning to Annapolis. Make your appointment now! Call now.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
ALL Showing Brokers with their Clients MUST be accompanied with the Listing Broker, Bernie Jakits of David Walters Yachts/RogueWave Division, PER the Owner's Request/Requirement.