2020 MM 45 Charter Catamaran Subchapter "T" - 49 Passenger
- View Full Specifications
MM 45 Charter Catamaran
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,250,000
This is a 45 foot day charter catamaran, designed and built to Subchapter "T" specifications, for 49 passenger use. Designed by Morrelli & Melvin, and built by Schooner Creek Boat Works, in Portland Oregon - this design represents the best in state-of-the-art design and construction.
Much thought went into making this vessel as strong and practical as possible - to absorb the punishment of high volume day charter business, to minimize down time - to be easily sailed, with short handed crew - and to sail off of the beach, if required.
Pricing reflects the vessel, as specified herein. However, the vessels are built to order - so customization is expected - and priced accordingly.
Please contact Mark Womble at 949.500-3440
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 4 in
Beam: 24 ft 0 in
LWL: 44 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 13600 lbs
Certified to USCG Sub Chapter “T” 49 passenger capacity
Specifications subject to change.
Hulls, decks, bulkheads and bridgedecks to be a composite of bi-directional and unidirectional Eglass and PVC core, utilizing infused vinylester resin. The hulls will be built on a faired female direct mold joined on hull centerline. Final fairing shall be done with “Duratec” vinylester primer, applied in sufficient thickness to form a water barrier beneath the waterline.
Two water tight bulkheads are installed in each hull, separating compartments at each extremity. Ring frames are installed in each hull on 5’ centers between bulkheads. Local laminate reinforcement is added to bow, the centerboard/dagger case trunk and rudder area for impact absorption.
Bulkheads to be installed on trapezoidal foam sections, to distribute compression loading. Monocoque hull and deck construction, with no mechanical fasteners.
Hull exterior finish:
- Hulls painted with “Awlgrip” linear polyurethane paint.
- Contrasting boot stripe and exterior hull shear stripe of “Awlgrip” LPU paint.
Deck bridgedeck finish:
- Non-skid surfaces with sprayed textured surface of “Awlgrip” LPU with admixed non-skid compound.
Deck hardware, winches and furler, by Harken.
- Winches;(1) 40.2STA at mast for halyards; (1) 4:1 mainsheet at helm led to 46.2STA; (2) Jib sheeting at helm led to 46.2STA winches.
- Control lines and jib sheets led below deck to helm station.
- A companionway is installed in the port hull for direct access to the head. (7) additional deck hatches provided for access to hull and deck storage.
- Integral transom steps are fitted on both hulls, leading to swim/boarding platforms.
- Aft pivoting swim ladders will pivot down for water access at each swim step and pivot up to form a gate blocking off overboard access.
- The forward hulls are joined by an aluminum beam with pelican striker and trampoline attachments.
-Two additional aluminum compression struts run fore and aft and flank each side of an optional forward boarding ladder.
- Attachment points are fitted for the trampolines on struts. Additional trampoline attachments to be bonded to the hulls.
- Trampoline to be made of 2” wide webbing.
- Stainless steel stanchions with 1 1/4" stainless steel top tube and ¼” spectra intermediate lifelines.
- 8” stainless steel cleats provided for forward dock lines, aft dock lines, and springlines.
Steering and Foils:
-Twin spade or kick up rudders available.
- Steering system with single console mounted 30’’ SS wheel.
-Centerboard, keels or daggerboards available.
- Mast is of 6061-T6 aluminum construction, tapered in the top section.
- Masthead crane is custom-welded aluminum, with provision for 2:1 main halyard.
- Welded hounds accommodate a single jib halyard.
- One set of tapered aluminum air foil section spreaders, with through-bar root and tip fittings for inner and outer diamonds.
- Articulating mast step is provided.
- Boom is of 6061-T6 aluminum construction, with custom-welded ends. Outboard end has provision for internal outhaul and two reefs, and is set up for a clew strap and clutches for the reefs.
- Mast, boom and spreaders are clear anodized.
- Headstay and cap shrouds are of 5/8” 1x19 wire. Superior diamonds are 12mm compact strand, inferior diamonds are 10mm compact strand. All turnbuckles and cables are 316 stainless steel.
- A Harken #4 roller furling unit is supplied.
- Twin 50hp outboards on aft mounted sliding brackets
- Optional twin saildrive/direct-drive inboard diesels
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.