2020 Contest 42CS
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Instantly good looking… and with so much more to her than first meets the eye. It’s not just the clever detailing in design, build and plan. The aft cockpit Contest 42CS permits owners a virtual custom build… simply unique at this size.
The options are so many. There are four different saloon plans, three cabin arrangements for both bow and stern, five different cockpits, carbon or aluminium spars, and multiple sail handling systems. In all, that means a remarkable number of different versions of the interior and cockpit. The result? A personalised Contest 42CS to suit everyone from family cruiser or bluewater couple to racing enthusiast.
The Contest 42CS is the first yacht of this size ever to offer such personalised customisation. Then to top it all, she’s a delight to sail, both easily managed and fast. And individually hand built, she shares the same hallmark high standards seen across the range, right through to the flagship Contest 72CS.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 43 ft 3 in
Beam: 18 ft 1 in
LWL: 43 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 12 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 9 in
Dry Weight: 24251 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 4JH57 54 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (83 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (49 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
- Hull and deck are made of high quality materials.
- Several interior arrangements are possible within the structural bulkheads and keel grid.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of: quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owners choice.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Anchor locker in composite with gelcoat finish and teak covered deck hatch.
- Teak toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Two helmsman positions.
- Large separrated guest cockpit, suitable for eight people sitting.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman’s position.
- Free walkway from cockpit to bathing platform.
- Three cockpit stowage lockers.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit
- Transom door with remote control.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Selden spars, keel stepped, sloop rigged with silver anodised finish.
- Swept back spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Reefing lines led aft to the cockpit.
- Selden MDS Car system.
- LED navigation lights on deck.
- Masthead light 3-colours with anchor light.
- Deck light.
- Windex in mast top.
- Standing rigging in stainless steel.
- Backstay tensioner.
- Genoa furling system.
- Main sheet 12mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 12mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Furling genoa by North Sails.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded side panelling.
- Padded sections throughout the boat.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Quality upholstery, colour to owners choice.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- Garbage bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from side passage.
- Yanmar 4JH5, 40kW (54hp) 3000 rpm 4 cylinder diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Yanmar SD60 sail drive.
- Single lever gears throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock.
- Three bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
- Service batteries 170 Ah | 24 VDC
- Start battery engine 50 Ah | 12 VDC
- Battery charger start battery 10 A | 12 VDC
- Monitoring display batteries
- Alternator 80 A | 12 VDC start battery engine group
- Second alternator 75 A | 24 VDC service battery group
- 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
- - Shore power isolation transformer 3.5kW | 16 A
- - Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
- - Cable 25m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.