2020 Blue Jacket 40
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- San Francisco, CA
- Hull Material:
- Call for Price
The Blue Jacket 40 is a modern interpretation of a performance cruiser, designed to compete successfully in around-the-buoy and offshore races yet provide a level of comfort, build quality, and ease of use that would gratify the entire family. The hull form and appendages of the Blue Jacket are designed to work in harmony with
the sailplan to provide performance that extends daily sailing range and the potential to generate more race trophies. Featuring a 3 cabin arrangement with the amenities and build quality expected of a luxury sailing yacht, the Blue Jacket 40 delivers ultimate luxury and comfort for this versatile sailing yacht.
Price shown is Base Boat with Commissioning and delivery to California.
For additional information on this specific yacht or to schedule an appointment to see it, contact a sales representative at any one of our California waterfront locations or check out our web site at www.cruisingyachts.net
San Diego - 1-619-681-0633 / Newport Beach - 1-619-681-0633 / Marina del Rey (LA) - 1-310-821-8300 / Alameda - 1-510-521-1327
Please contact at 510-521-1327
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
New to order
Builder: Island Packet Yachts
Designer: Tim Jackett with Bob Johnson
LOA: 39 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 35 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 10 in
Displacement: 17900 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 6285 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 16500 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2020
Engine Model: 3JH40
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 5
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Blue Jacket sports an upwind sail area- displacement ratio (SA/D) of 20. With the working jib furled and the 150% reacher set, this increases to 21.8. Not long ago this kind of horsepower was reserved only for a well-crewed race boat, but the simple and efficient sail handling of the Blue Jacket’s refinement of the Solent rig are changing that, offering maximum performance with ease of use.
The hull form and appendages of the Blue Jacket are designed to work in harmony with the sailplan to provide performance that extends daily sailing range and the potential to generate more race trophies. The hull’s fine entry is good for upwind sailing and the “ V ” shaped forward sections provide comfortable motion in a seaway. Her aft sections are broad and flat with a good amount of overhang to provide excellent downwind speed and upwind sail carrying power. Wetted surface is also reduced, increasing light air performance. This hull shape is carefully “sculpted” for the cruising sailor to avoid the more extreme race boat “wedge” shape’s tendency to become unwieldy when heeled, necessitating large crews to keep the boat in balance. The Blue Jacket hull design balances the wide aft sections with fuller topside sections forward, allowing the boat to heel evenly maintaining excellent control, tracking and seakeeping.
State of the art keel and rudder designs combine advanced low drag, high lift laminar flow foil sections. The two keel choices have integral bulbs at their base to concentrate weight as low as possible for maximum stability and sail carrying power. Finger tip steering delivers sport boat-like response from the high aspect rudder blade set on a composite carbon fiber post. The Blue Jacket’s nimble handling and speed is also a result of a low displacement to length ratio (D/L) of 172, a direct result of advanced technology hull and deck laminates.
The design challenge presented was to create a yacht with a performance pedigree, one that could compete effectively in around-the-buoy and offshore races yet provide a level of comfort, build quality and ease of use that would gratify the entire family. I believe this objective has been successfully achieved in a particularly attractive yacht that’s evolved from a rich history of successful designs.
- One-piece hull molded with vinyl-ester (VE) resin infusion technology utilizing quadraxial E-glass with Divinycell® foam core for superior strength and stiffness, freedom from decay, reduced weight, sound and thermal insulation and resistance to osmotic blisters. Includes 10 year pro-rated warranty against osmotic blisters. Solid glass at all fittings. Warm gray gel finish standard.
- One piece deck molded with VE resin infusion technology utilizing quadraxial and biaxial E-glass with Divinycell foam core for superior strength and stiffness, freedom from decay, reduced weight, sound and thermal insulation. Includes 10 year pro-rated warranty against deck core degradation. Solid glass with aluminum backing plates at key deck hardware installations. Two-tone finish: white gel with warm gray slip resistant surfaces.
- Double boot stripes with polyurethane paint finish (choice of color).
- Lead/antimony alloy bulbed keel cast in NACA foil shape. Ten stainless steel J-bolts cast in place for attachment to hull with urethane adhesive/sealant. Keel faired and finished with epoxy coating.
- Laminated structural grid reinforcement of keel and rig attachments.
- Molded structural interior unit bonded with hull, keel/rig reinforcement and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure. Warm gray gel finish.
- Chainplates (316L) interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
- Hull/deck joint features inward hull flange and downturned deck flange for “shoe-box” joint. Urethane adhesive and stainless steel bolts on six-inch centers for strong, leak-free attachment.
- Molded fiberglass headliner for low maintenance; varnished hardwood accents; integral lighting; white gel finish with warm gray textured surfaces.
- Carbon fiber composite rudder post with resin transfer molded (RTM) blade; low friction Jefa® roller bearings at hull and deck.
Rig / Sails
- Solent-style rig featuring fully battened main with Hoyt Boom® self-tending working jib and 150% masthead reacher, both on Harken® furling systems. Sparcraft® tapered double spreader anodized and powder coated (white) aluminum spar; headsail winches on mast; 1 X 19 s/s wire standing rigging. Tapered, foil shaped spreaders. Internal low stretch halyards.
- Custom anodized/powder coated aluminum boom for simple mainsail handling with sail cover and lazy jacks; white finish. Sail pack allows full roach, high performance fully battened mainsail combined with convenient hoisting and dousing with standard electric halyard winch and Harken® Battcar system. Double set of reefing lines lead aft to cockpit. Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit and dodger/bimini installations.
- Solid rod boom vang/kicker with tackle tagline leading to cockpit stopper.
- Carbon fiber Hoyt Boom® for working headsail; white urethane finish. Provides for self-vanging, self-tacking sail for improved performance. Double ended jib sheet leads aft to primary winches near helms through foot blocks with integral lock-off cams.
- Premium laminated tri-radial sails (mainsail, jib and 150% lightweight masthead reacher).
- Double-ended mainsheet system leads aft through foot blocks with integral lock-off cams to primary cockpit winches within comfortable reach of captain or crew.
- Harken® main sheet traveler system with tag lines leading aft to cockpit.
- Harken® furling systems on jib and reacher.
- Harken® genoa tracks for reacher with adjustable lead cars; sheets lead to primary winches near helm.
- Starboard cabin top Harken® UniPower® Radial 900 UPWC electric chrome radial winch for main halyard and mainsail handling functions.
- Port cabin housetop Harken® 40.2 STC chrome radial winch for mainsail handing functions.
- Harken® 50.2 STC chrome radial cockpit winches for double ended mainsheet, self-tacking jib sheet and reacher (electric winches optional); 10” lock-in winch handle.
Cockpit / Deck
- Twin steering stations on custom Edson pedestals with s/s vinyl-covered destroyer style wheels, twin binnacle mounted compasses, single engine control with premium Glendinning® control cables on starboard side. Center console with engine panel gauges, remote bilge pump control, flip-up FRP table, s/s guard-molded fiberglass with varnished sapele top.
- Emergency tiller.
- Six-foot long cockpit seats with ergonomically shaped backrests, coaming and line storage bins, four harness padeyes. Starboard seat with hatch and storage tray. Helm seats with backrest pads and gasketed hatches over port storage and starboard LPG lockers. Twin scuppers and aft freeing slots for fast water drainage.
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch, exterior hasp and lock. Raymarine® i70 series instrument mounted in molded seahood instrument pod. Integrally molded dodger boss; solid wood drop boards; center board with fixed port/logo; interior storage rack.
- Centerline anchor roller integral with bow prod for fast and secure low profile storage; roller feeds rode to (optional) electric windlass. Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, double rack of hooks for fenders, dock lines, etc.; sealed bulkhead aft, drains overboard.
- One 10# aluminum LPG tank under starboard helm seat with remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge (room for extra tank).
- Mooring cleats (4), springline cleats (2), chafe guards.
- S/S cabin top handrails and full length protective bulwarks for secure movement on deck; sidedeck drains.
- ORC approved uncoated double stainless steel lifelines; 1” diameter s/s stanchions and wrap around bow and stern rails for maximum security; s/s flagstaff and holder; lifeline gates port and starboard and retractable stern rail gate; hinged transom doors to swim platform with lift-out hinges for remote storage.
- Foldaway boarding/swim ladder below stern platform hatch; emergency boarding ladder with deployment strap.
Option 1: 3-Cabin Plan (standard)
- Select sapele hardwoods, veneers and coordinated surfaces for bulkheads, cabinet work and trim. Louvered raised panel cabin doors; louvered locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers. Solid sapele and oak tongue and groove cabin sole in salon, forward and aft port cabins; carpet in aft starboard cabin. Furniture quality satin varnish finish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Main salon with luxurious settees port and starboard, with ergonomically shaped, dual-density foam cushions covered in navy or buff UltraLeather®. Large table stows against deep bulkhead-mounted storage cabinet for open salon; table drops and opens to serve both settees.
- Storage cabinets outboard and behind main salon settee backs; lockers to starboard and port; cedar-lined hanging locker, book shelves port and starboard; overhead hatch with retractable screen and shade; numerous opening s/s ports with screens, two fixed hull ports.
- Large wrap-around galley with premium solid acrylic counters with integral fiddles; under-counter stainless steel refrigeration/freezer drawers; microwave; two burner LPG stove/oven with sealed s/s cook top for easy cleaning, guard rail with harness hooks; two s/s sinks with pressure water tap; manual pump (cold only); storage lockers and drawers; dish rack, cutlery drawers; rubbish bin; generous work surfaces. Overhead hatch with retractable screen and shade; opening s/s ports with screens, slip resistant fiberglass sole.
- Head with electric, fresh water flush Raritan Elegance toilet; vanity with premium solid acrylic countertop and integral fiddles, undermount sink, large hardwood framed mirror and storage cabinets above and below. Separate shower seat and acrylic fold-out shower door; molded slip-resistant sole. Overhead hatch with retractable screen and shade; opening s/s ports with screens.
- Private forward cabin with upholstered five inch twin-layer memory foam mattress, twin drawers and storage bins under. Large cedar-lined hanging locker; two bureaus; full length selves outboard; louvered, raised panel doors to main salon and head. Overhead hatch with retractable screen and shade; opening s/s port with screen; two fixed hull ports.
- Aft port stateroom with louvered raised panel door; upholstered memory foam mattress, dressing seat upholstered in UltraLeather®; storage bureau; full length shelf; large handing locker; storage under bunk. Overhead hatch with retractable screen and shade; opening s/s ports with screens; fixed hull port.
- Separate navigation station/desk with hinged inlayed top table, storage tray under; electrical control panels outboard; room for added instrumentation/repeaters; upholstered seat with backrest, storage under; footrest.
- Numerous chrome plated interior cabin-side lights and recessed main overhead dimmable area lights, all with LED warm-white bulbs; dimmable indirect perimeter warm-white LED ambiance lighting in main salon and all cabins; courtesy lights at companionway, electrical panel and battery selector switch; LED dome lights in engine room and aft machinery areas.
- Stainless steel companionway ladder with slip resistant teak treads; removes for engine access. Varnished sapele grate at base of companionway lifts to reveal removable dust pan.
- Numerous overhead and bulkhead mounted s/s handrails for safety and security.
- Storage rack for companionway boards under nav desk.
Option 2: 2-Cabin Plan
- All of the above but with deletion of starboard aft cabin (bulkhead, door, cabinetry and mattress). Galley countertop and sole extend further aft; additional cabinetry for storage above and below countertop. Cockpit seat locker accesses large lazarette with LED dome light and convenient storage drawer, shelf outboard.
Mechanical / Engineering / Plumbing
- 40hp Yanmar® 3JH40 diesel three-cylinder engine, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan; straight shaft drive for simplicity, reliability and durability; packing box, shaft zinc; two-blade prop (feathering option available). Mechanical fuel pump, 110 amp Balmar® alternator. A 3-bladed fixed prop (feathering prop optional), Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted for easy access. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded fittings, intake strainer. Extensive sound control with premium lead-lined insulation, gasketed access doors and panels; service access through side doors and removable forward panel.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system on central cockpit console. Three (3) premium AGM 12 volt batteries dedicated to house, plus one (1) dedicated to engine start. Parallel position on battery switch for emergency starting.
- Deluxe master electrical panels outboard of nav seat with AC and DC gauges and breakers, battery test system, reverse polarity indicator; separate battery switch under port settee with controls for electric bilge pump (high water alarm light at helm); LPG solenoid control in galley.
- 30 amp dockside AC power system with ELCI ground fault inlet protection breaker and one (1) 50-foot shore power cord. Numerous outlets, all with GFCI protection.
- Mastervolt three stage battery charger temperature compensating, UL® listed.
- ProMariner® ProSafe galvanic isolator
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals.
- UL® Listed marine pre-tinned 600V color coded and numbered wiring throughout.
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, head and cockpit shower. UL® listed six (6) gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated head, sink/shower drain sump with strainer.
- 110 gallons water in multiple tanks with distribution manifold; 25 gallon holding tank; tanks made of heavy wall seamless linear polyethylene. Water tanks meet FDA acceptance for potable water; holding tank meets USCG regulation 33 CFR 159.12. S/S deck fills; remote tank level gauge; s/s deck pump out fitting for holding tank.
- Fuel tank of welded marine grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank and remote mounted gauges. Pre-plumbed for additional pickup and return for (optional) generator and/or cabin heater installation.
- Electric bilge pump with interior and cockpit console control; manual bilge pump with interior mount.
- 12V outlets at nav station and cockpit console for chargers, accessories.
- Masthead anchor light, foredeck steaming light and COLREGS compliant nav lights.
- Marelon® flush thru-hull fittings with Marelon® seacocks on below water openings.
- Mast prewired for VHF antenna; messengers pre-run for pulling additional wire in yacht.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy