2020 Tayana 54
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 980,000
Dixon Yacht Design Tayana 54 Ocean Cruiser.
Brand new and ready to launch 2020
A truly contemporary design that does not compromise on comfort or sailing performance has been designed to meet the demands of today's cruising yachtsman.
Well suited to both coastal cruising and long-distance sailing. The design encompasses Bill Dixon's 25 years of experience designing and cruising centre cockpit yachts.
An undistorted hull characterised by its long waterline, fine entry, beam carried aft, will ensure a high degree of performance, comfort and stability. The integrally moulded keel allows the internal lead ballast to be secure and low. The modern cruising sailor is influencing deck design and layouts, with emphasis on large comfortable cockpits.
The Tayana 54 has an unusually large wide centre cockpit, a cockpit more normally associated with aft cockpit designs. Additional to this is dedicated aft deck seating introducing a second leisure area to the deck, with direct access and stairs to the transom platform. The high freeboard hull allows the coach roof to be low and sporty, keeping the cockpit relatively low against the shear. The layout of the cockpit ensures ease of handling with its dedicated areas for sail control and sailing shorthanded.
Deck storage is provided by a full width lazerette aft, and a forepeak locker. A high aspect ratio cutter rig was the chosen configuration with its excellent combination of handling and performance, the handling enhanced further by the self-tacking staysail.
With hull beam carried aft and good freeboard, the Tayana has a very voluminous interior despite the large cockpit. Aft is a truly spacious airy owner's cabin with large en-suite facilities. The large galley is conveniently located in the passageway to the owner's cabin. From the galley, there is access to a walk-in engine room with enough space to access and service all the equipment modern yachts inevitably carry. The raised saloon is wide and airy with hull ports and the large coach roof windows, with the chart table is located beside the companionway.
All fuel and water tanks are located under the saloon for optimum weight placement. The combination of Dixon Yacht Design's experience and Ta Yang's reputation will ensure the Tayana 54 will be an outstanding yacht suited the requirements of the modern cruising yachtsman.
Please contact Mark Hadden at +447884 584 072
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Tayana Yachts
Designer: Bill Dixon
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 54 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 1 in
LWL: 50 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 60847 lbs
Ballast: 18960 lbs
Dry Weight: 60847 lbs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 4LH-TE
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: Yanmar 4LH-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (166)
Fuel Tanks: (191)
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Manufacturer Provided Description
Evolved to meet the demands of today's cruising yachtsman, the T54 is well suited to both coastal and long distance sailing. This yacht, designed by Bill Dixon has a modern designed hull and the long waterline length and sleek coachroof lines provide for fast comfortable sailing and long distance passage making, easily handled by two persons when all the controls are led back to the cockpit. The T54 cruising centre cockpit yacht will be a welcome addition to an already outstanding range.
Spars and Rigging
- Anodised Selden spars, keel stepped, mast cutter rig main slab reefing, fully battened main
- Profurl roller Genoa
- Profurl roller stay sail, self tacking
- Selden Kicker, vang & tackle
- Lewmar blocks & deck hardwear
- 2- Two-speed #64CEST Genoa (primary) winches.
- 2- Two-speed #40CST seconary winches.
- 1-Two-speed #48CEST main sheet & stay sheet winch.
- 1-Two-speed #44CST main outhaul & halyard winch.
- 2-Two-speed #16CST main sheet traveller winches
- Navigation electronics
- Safety equipment
- In furling mast
- In boom furling
- Dixon Design interior layout choices
- Teak joinery
- Dixon Design cabinets & furniture
- Renmark Associates Interior styling
- 110/240 volt 50 Amps shore power system
- 50 Hubble shore power cord
- Interior pre-wire for speaker
- Trace inverter
- Newmar 40 Amp battery charger for bow thruster
- Air Conditioning (10,000 BTU, 12,000 BTU, 16,000 BTU)
- 12-volt DC AGM House batteries (buyers supply)
- Heavy duty battery selector switch
- Internal bonding system to all chain plates, thru hulls, engine and rudder system
- Numerous overhead cabin light designed to interior lighting plan
- AC generator 8KW with sound shield
- YanmarÂ© 4 Turbo diesel engine 4JH4-HTBE - 80.9KW (110HP)
- Flexible engine mounts
- Engine alarm systems
- Engine room extractor fan lead foam insulated engine room
- Raw water strainer for engine tanks
- Antisyphon valve
- Muffler/water lock system
- Stainless Steel prop. Shaft with rubber bearings and Max prop VP feathering propeller
- Stuffing box
- Aluminium fuel tank approx. 230 US gallons
- Edson pedestal cable steering with binnacle compass
- Emergency steering system with tiller
- Rudder bearing
- Side power bow thruster 12HP
- Racor water/fuel separator twin filters
- Automatic extinguishing system with remote actuator
- Fully protected reinforced skey hung rudder
- Hand laminated FRP hull and deck
- Outer hull laminate in Vinylester resin
- Hull cove stripe and double boot stripes
- Antifouling paint standard 2 coats
- Internally ballasted keel
- Corde deck with teak planking
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass
- Twin anchor roller assembly
- Teak detail at bulwark with low profile Stainless Steel chocks & cleats
- Stainless Steel mooring cleats
- Gate stanchion set (two)
- Aluminum toe rail with integral fairleads.
- Stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits.
- Stainless Steel grab rails & mast pulpits
- Manship Stainless Steel hatches, windows & opening ports
- Integral dodger combing
- Self draining cockpit with teak planking
- Transom swim step with shower
- Lazarette-twin, with deck access
- Stainless Steel transom swim ladder
- Emergency life raft storage
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.