2018 Bruce Roberts TY42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Summerside, PE
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 190,000 (US$ 139,916)
This Bruce Roberts TY42 is under construction and available for purchase.
This new displacement hull design from the Bruce Roberts team is based on real fishing trawler lines. It’s a computer lofted design with emphasis on framing and strength making it suitable for all categories including ocean travel.
This is a “one welder” hull. Only one experienced marine welder has done the fabrication to this stage. This is not a “production boat”.
It is now ready to be completed with your choices in equipment, outfitting and finishing. If you have the skills and interest to finish it yourself, there is an option to buy “as is”. Or you can select another builder of your choice. The vessel is under construction and in condition show in these pictures.
Sunnybrook Yachts is a professional yacht dealership and brokerage firm with eleven brokers located in boating areas from Newfoundland to Ontario.
Sunnybrook has been providing yacht sales expertise since 1990, with over two hundred years of combined experience and representing new yachts from Alerion, Back Cove, Island Packet, Jeanneau, J/Boats, Leopard, NorthCoast and Tartan Yachts. In addition to new and pre-owned yacht sales, Sunnybrook can provide service and refit management with a full time, year round service team in Chester that focuses their efforts on our clients yachts. The service team’s capabilities include all aspects of commissioning new vessels, yacht refit and repair along with captain services. For an appointment to see the boat or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or try our office at 902.275.2424.
Listing Broker: Jean Guy Leclerc
Please contact Sunnybrook Yachts at 902 444 4500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Number of heads: 1
- Increasing the keel plate to ½ inch for increased strength.
- Addition of built in steps to access all outer decks.
- Welded on 1 ¼ inch SS railings to extend the height of the walk around deck and to increase safety on the aft cabin and fore decks.
- Alterations were also made to ensure that the stern portion of the keel could be corrosion protected on the inside.
Proposed Colour Scheme
- Dark colored hull
- Off-white deck and superstructure
- Polished SS railings
- Polished SS hatches and other appliances
Options to Support Low Profile
Option to support low profile for transit through the Great Loop or the European canals:
- Low profile flybridge
- Folding radar arch
The MuirCheetahwindlass on deck, sits on a 1/2" steel plate welded into place. The hawse pipes are lined with polished SS. There are two bollards on the fore deck made from solid polished SS, seamlessly welded to the deck. There are also two on the aft deck. The scuppers on the aft deck and lining of the anchor openings are SS, and then painted, not polished, and will not rust if the coatings are worn.
The complete interior of the hull has been meticulously sandblasted and coated with rust inhibiting epoxy primers, then painted over with a polyurethane top coat. It is now ready for insulation and finishing. Notice the T frame rib construction.
The interior will have no ladders - just steps with rails.
Built in steps to the foredeck and a built in stairs to the top of the aft deck.
A built in step from the Swim platform to the walk around deck. A built in step from the aft cabin deck to the fly bridge.
Ready for Installation
- Two deck hatches by Man Ship, made of polished stainless steel – not plastic. There is one on the fore deck and one over other the aft cabin.
- Two opening port lights custom built by Man Ship, made of polished stainless steel.
- Two commercial rated watertight doors with trioving lockset, made by Diamond Sea Glaze.
- Dual hydraulic steering mechanism custom built by Quinn’s Marine.
- The rudder is built, with a foil shape, made of steel with an Aquamet shaft.
- Swim platform frame pieces are stainless steel and welded on.
- There are four substantial deck bollards that are polished SS. The bollards are installed on a SS base welded seamlessly into the deck plate.
- 125 kgf Maxx Power hydraulic bow thruster.
· Two SS bow rollers and one 30 kg Rocna anchor ·
Muir Cheetah electric windlass, with footswitch, manual clutch and chain plate.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sunnybrook Yachts
Summerside, PE, Canada
Chester, NS, Canada