2017 Palmer Johnson Sparkman & Stephens Aluminum
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deltaville, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 197,500
"Arcadia" is the original name given to this Sparkman & Stephens (Bruce McPherson) designed yacht when built by Palmer Johnson as an IOR racing yacht in the early 70's. She was commissioned for the owner of one of America's largest beer brewing companies. "Arcadia" was specified with a shoal draft keel (6') and centerboard to accommodate the first owner's desire to keep the boat at his dock. "Arcadia" raced extensively on both sides of the Atlantic and recorded a third in class finish in the Bermuda race.
"Arcadia" was eventually acquired by her current owners and was rebuilt from the keel up as a 'go-anywhere' expedition cruiser. "Arcadia" was relaunched in 2017 and motored through the European canal system to the Mediterranean. Her owners sailed her across the Atlantic through the Caribbean and to the US East Coast in 2018 and . Each winter since, they have been south to the Bahamas and to the Caribbean.
Although first launched in 1971, "Arcadia" is effectively a new yacht as the boat was rebuilt from the keel up - a process that is extensively documented in photographs and drawings. Everything in the re-engineering of the boat was done to make her suitable for a couple to sail in safety and comfort. The sheer-line was changed through the welding on of a raised bulwark for safety. The cabin top and doghouse are completely new additions to the boat allowing for a protected cockpit. It should be noted that Arcadia is ICW capable with a mainmast of 62'6" to waterline.
Arcadia is a unique yacht with systems and capacities to allow for extended cruising in remote locations. She is in outstanding "like new" condition and should be considered a "bargain purchase" as a replacement cost would probably be close to one million dollars.
A recent audio gauge survey showed hull metal to be in excellent condition.
Contact YaZu Yachting for further information about this listing. We are a full service brokerage offering power and sail listings ranging from 30 to 80 ft. We offer services for buyers and sellers as well as access to sail training, yacht delivery services and project management.
Jon and Anne Hutchings
Deltaville, VA 23043
Contact the listing brokers, Jon or Anne Hutchings at YaZu Yachting in the heart of Deltaville, boating capital of Virginia.
We are cruising yacht specialists who have "been there and done that". We are able to guide buyers and sellers through the purchase and sale experience as a result of having sold hundreds of boats in the past fifteen years and our personal backgrounds in boating.
Give us a call or send us an email to see how we can assist you with this yacht or another.
Please contact Jon and Anne Hutchings at 804-567-0093
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 48 ft 8 in
Beam: 13 ft 3 in
LWL: 36 ft 2 in
Length on Deck: 48 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 1 in
Displacement: 27650 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 6 in
Total Power: 65 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 2016
Engine Model: M65
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 723
Engine Power: 65 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (750 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Plastic (500 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (180 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 220V
Entering from the cockpit with its overhanging doghouse offering weather protection, the companionway steps lead to a raised salon with L seating at a table to starboard and a secure chart table to port.
Moving aft there is a door slightly to port of the companionway that gives access to the aft cabin which has bunks to port and starboard.
The engine is located under the floor in the raised salon.
Moving forward, the galley is to starboard. Fridge, freezer, pantry storage, washing machine and diesel heater are on port, opposite the galley.
The head, basin and separate shower are forward of the galley to starboard.
The forward cabin with twin v-berth is in the bow.
- Ceran Schott 2 Burner Electric Hob
- 3 Burner Force 10 Propane Stove with Broiler
- Candy Aquamatic 1000T Washing Machine
- Isotherm Top Loading Freezer
- Isotherm Top Loading Fridge
- Dickinson Diesel Heater
- Extensive storage
- Vetus 6 KVA 220v Generator 1000 hours plus 400 since rebuild
- 220v Electrical System
- 12v + 24v Electrical Systems
- LED Lighting
- Solar Panels 2 x 100 watt
- Isolation Transformer 220v
- Raymarine E 90 W Chartplotter @nav station
- Raymarine Digital Radar
- Raymarine AIS 650 Class B
- Raymarine RS 130 GPS
- Autohelm ST 7000 Autopilot
- Autohelm Tridata @ helm and nav station
- Autohelm Wind @ helm
- Autohelm Depth/Speed/Trip @ helm
- Autohelm Multi @ nav station
- Icom Marine VHF IC 506 with AIS @ nav station
- Icom Ham Radio IC 718 @nav station
- Icom Automatic Tuner AT 141
- Pacor III SCS PTC Controller
- Alpine CD/USB Stereo
Sails and Rigging
- ICW capable rig - Main mast to top of tricolor light is 62.6" (18.86m) to loaded waterline and with a few extra feet added for antennas is still under 65' bridges.
- Yawl Rig
- Mizzen Staysail
- Genoa (New)
- New Standing Rigging except main mast rod cap shroud (Inspected)
- Anderson 52 ST electric winches x 2 - cockpit (new)
- Anderson 58 ST electric winches x 2 - cockpit primary (new)
- Anderson 40 ST winch x 1 - coachroof - mainsail (new)
- Anderson 18 ST winches x 2 - mizzen (new)
- Barient 10 winches x 2 - mizzen (original)
- Anderson 52 ST electric winch - sail handling pedestal aft of main mast (new)
- Barient 22 winches x 2 - mast (original)
- Barient 26 winches x 2 - mast (original)
- S/S halyards for Genoa and Staysail
- Perkins M65 Direct Drive 65 hp with 723 hours
- Pythondrive Flexible Coupling
- 2 x Racor Fuel Filters for Engine
- 1 x Racor Fuel filter for Generator
- SPW 4 Blade Feathering Propeller
Deck Gear and Anchoring
- Bugel Anchors 2 x 43 KG
- 70 meters of 10mm Stainless Steel Chain
- Double bow roller
- Solid S/S bow rail
- Lofrans Falcon 1500W Anchor Windlass
- Bow storage locker with watertight bulkhead
- Electric winch on custom mount behind mast, for line handling
- Deck Cleats - situated centrally
- Centerboard winch midships
- Dorade vent
- Chimney for heater w/ watertight cap
- S/S Liferaft storage on deck
- Hard Dodger
- Steering pedestal
- New Canvas - bimini and enclosure (March 2020)
- Propane storage - under cockpit seating (4 Tanks)
- Aft deck separated from cockpit by canvas seat back
- Storage lazarettes on aft deck
- Hinged boomkin on aft deck reduces LOA
- Solid S/S stern rail to forward of cockpit
- S/S lifelines
- Teak on coachroof
- AB 9.5 ft Aluminum Bottom Inflatable Dinghy
- Johnson Sea Horse 6 Hp Outboard
- Ocean Iso 9650-1 4 person Liferaft
- Sea Recovery Ultra Whisper watermaker (65 litre/hour)
- Substantial Spares for most equipment
- Aries Windvane
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.