2017 J Boats J/97E
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 199,000
Amazing opportunity to jump in on this almost new J/97e, hull #71 of this perfectly sized Pacific Northwest Performance Cruiser!
The J97e combines excellent performance with comfortable accommodations and easy sail handling. 97E is the first J in over two decades under 32’ to combine headroom and family cruising accommodations in a high performance, easily driven hull.
Indigo Horizontal was delivered in early spring of 2017. She is equipped with Ullman Fiberpath Main and AP Jib and Ullman Airex Spinnaker. Complete Garmin electronics package including Jefa underdeck autopilot.
Factory options include the cruising package, two tone deck, dodger, removable swim ladder and mainsail cover
Indigo Horizontal has been raced once at J/Fest Northwest otherwise only used for daysailing and cruising our PNW waters. Priced well below new, #71 is a deal at this price. Come take a look today.
Contact Ben Braden at email@example.com or Bob Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ben Braden at 206 286 1004
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Warranty: 10 years
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 31 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 26 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Ballast: 2900 lbs
Dry Weight: 8600 lbs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2017
Engine Model: D1-20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 164
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (26 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (13 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Cruising Package with; Battery Charger, 110v Shorepower System, Pressure hot water system, dual house batteries, bow roller w/ anchor.
- Removable Swim Ladder
- Two Tone Deck - Grey
- Opening ports on aft face of cabin
- Mainsail Cover w/ J/97e logo
- Keel and Rudder epoxy barrier coated
- Baltoplate bottom paint sanded to 400 grit
- Custom chartplotter door installation
- Smart Plug shorepower plug
Anchor Rode: 60’ ACO ¼”HT chain + 200’ ½” Nylon 8 plait rode
- 2ea Garmin GMI 20 multi displays mounted on cabin.
- Wireless Wind & Depth/Speed/Temp triducer
- Garmin GPS Map 7610 mounted in Nav desk
- Garmin VHF 200 mounted at the Nav Station
- Masthead Antenna
- Garmin AIS 600 w/ dedicated GPS antenna
- Garmin GHP Reactor Autopilot with below decks Jefa drive unit.
- FiberPath GP Main with NWT skins both sides full top and 3 partial battens, one reef and draft stripes
- FiberPaht GP Jib with NWT Skins on both sides with Dacron UV Cover and Vertical Battens
- Red Line AIRX 600 A2 Spinnaker with 700 Sections
Spars & Rigging:
- Tapered AG+ Spars aluminum racing mast with double airfoil spreaders clear anodized.
- Lateral Dyform rigging and forestay.
- Backstay with split bottom portion, adjustment tackle led to either side of cockpit. increased to 48/1 mechanical advantage
- Boom with internal outhaul purchase system, mainsail reef line sheaves, main sheet and boom vang tangs.
- Carbon bowsprit controlled from cockpit, retracting into a watertight box.
Solid boom vang with cascade purchase system.
- Harken Unit 1 headsail furler.
- Running rigging package of 1 Dyneema main halyard; 1 Dyneema jib halyard; 1 Spinnaker halyard with snap shackle; 2 Spinnaker sheets; 1 Tack line; 2 Jib sheets; 1 6:1 Main sheet with 4:1 fine tune for a total of 24:1; 2 Traveler control lines; 1 Bowsprit control line; 2 Reef lines.
- Large hanging locker on starboard side with side pocket.
- Forward large double V-berth with storage underneath.
- Access to salon.
- Settee/berths to port and starboard.
- Drop leaf table with centerline bottle storage.
- Large storage areas behind backrests with shelves above.
- Hand rails to port and starboard.
- Two fixed hull ports for added natural lighting.
- Gimballed gas stove with 2 burners, oven and storage under.
- Stainless steel sink.
- Pressurized cold water system.
- Large 90 liter molded icebox with 12v fridge unit.
- Full length triple lockers outboard of galley countertop.
- Storage under sink with shelf and space for trash bin.
- Large chart table facing forward.
- Chart storage under table lid.
- Double lockers.
- Large hinged instrument panel outboard with electrical panel.
- Navigator's seat with storage below.
- Access door to salon.
- Large hanging locker with side pocket
- Changing seat.
- Double berth.
- Access panel to engine.
- Aluminum fuel tank under berth.
- Access door to salon. Integral 2nd molding for easy maintenance with integral shower tray, sink, access to valves and toilet support shelf.
- Pressurized cold water.
- Marine toilet with holding tank.
- Mirror, toilet roll holder.
- Vanity unit.
- Shower grating.
- Wet locker.
Plumbing & Electrical
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch.
- Pressurized water system.
- 1 water tank (total 26 gal.) under V-berth.
- Ice box drain.
- Marine toilet with holding tank and manual pump-out system.
- 2 AGM battery 75 AH and 1 engine AGM battery 70 AH with switches and double diode/circuit breakers.
- 12V electric panel with 12 breakers.
- LED lights on ceilings and swiveling tulip reading lights in cabins.
- Ceiling light in head.
- LED navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, and mooring light.
- Rig grounded for protection against lightning.
- Inboard diesel Volvo model D1-20 18 HP Saildrive, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
- Engine panel recessed in the cockpit with acrylic protection including rev. counter, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
Volvo dealer has replaced the engine control unit that was subject of a recall.
- 13 gal. fuel tank under aft cabin berth
- Sound insulated engine compartment, air ventilation hoses to the transom.
- 2 blade folding propeller
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/97E is one of the J/Boats’ “E” Series of versatile performance sailing yachts. The “E” is for elegance and evolution in performance cruising design. J/97E is the first J in over two decades under 32’ to combine headroom and family cruising accommodations in a high performance, easily driven hull. With the handling ease of an asymmetric spinnaker and non-overlapping headsails, the J/97E promises to be J Boats’ most versatile design yet under 35’ to fit the needs of today’s sailing families, both young and old alike-- the ultimate combination of sailing performance and creature comforts for all!
The key to creating a versatile sailboat is staying focused on the quality of the sailing experience, a trait shared by all J designs. Boats that are easily driven, easily handled, and genuinely fun to sail provide greater long-term “sailing value” to their owners than designs driven by the latest rating rule or designs that are over-compromised to meet the latest styling trends. Form follows function in good sailboat design, the J/97E is no exception.
The J/97E cockpit is similar to the award-winning cockpit found on the J/111. It features full length seats with back rests, wheel or tiller steering, and an open transom. All sailing controls are within reach of the helmsperson to make the boat very easy to manage. A retractable bow sprit with masthead asymmetric spinnaker allows great all-around performance without the need for numerous skilled crew. The low VCG keel provides exceptional upwind stability while being cruising friendly with swept back leading edge and moderate draft.
The J/97E's interior layout conveys a feeling of extraordinary of a wide, spacious living room with windows looking out to the sea. With large overhead hatches, enormous cabin windows and large portligths over the settees, it feels like you're outdoors! It's ideal for one couple cruising with room for more. The enormous main cabin has two settees, galley, forward-facing navigation station; plus an enclosed aft head, V-berth, and aft owner’s cabin. Cruising stowage includes a large “garage” aft of the head (accessed through the cockpit seat locker).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sail Northwest
Seattle, WA, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
cheap and easy