2017 American Tug "39" 395 #11
- View Full Specifications
ROOMY SINGLE STATEROOM!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Chesapeake, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 549,000
KARMA is owned by a very experienced cruising couple who have been most assiduous in their adherence to a plan of preventative maintenance and continuing upgrades of this gorgeous American Tug. Former 34 American Tug owners, they oversaw all phases of construction of KARMA - the first single stateroom variant. She is powered by a low hour, reliable Cummins QSB6.7M 425HP engine and features excellent electronics, heat and air conditioning, generator, and bow and stern thrusters. Emblematic of American Tug quality and massively built, this spotlessly clean raised pilothouse trawler recently arrived at our fresh water, undercover showrooms at Atlantic Yacht Basin. Explore the Great Loop, the Chesapeake Bay and other destinations north and south safely, economically and comfortably. With her long, deep prop protecting keel KARMA tracks beautifully and is a proven sea boat. Picture yourself ensconced in her cozy, functional pilothouse southbound along the ICW on a brisk fall morning, warm mug of coffee in hand, but dreaming of that ice-cold Malik waiting for you in the Bahamas! Enjoy the destination AND the journey in KARMA..
SOLID AND SEAWORTHY! RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A QUALITY VESSEL FROM AN EXCEPTIONAL OWNER. THIS IS THE ONE!
For additional information please do not hesitate to contact the listing broker, Chuck Grice, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; via cell or text: 757-287-6344
Please contact Chuck Grice at 757-482-6630
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Tomco Marine Group, Inc.
Designer: Lynn Senour
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 41 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 5 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 25000 lbs
Total Power: 425 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: QSB6.7
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1325
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 425 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 20 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (120 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (400 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (46 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Master stateroom forward with walk-around centerline queen berth. Opening hatch overhead with OceanAir retractable screen and privacy shade, four stainless screened opening portlights. Stateroom is carpeted. Ensuite head with mirrored sink and vanity, fresh water electric flush Dometic toilet and large stall shower aft to starboard. Screened opening portlight in shower compartment. From stateroom aft and up four steps to port to raised pilothouse. Fully equipped helm station offset to starboard. Two hinged hatches in pilothouse sole open to a spotlessly clean, well-lit engine room. Ladders ease entry making daily and underway checks easy and convenient. Sliding weathertight doors port and starboard provide access to side decks and foredeck. UltraSuede captain and companion bench seats with stainless footrests. Helm seat features electric adjustment. Additional footrest below helm. Reverse raked windshield and sliding windows port, starboard and aft provide ample natural light and ventilation. Great sightlines! From pilothouse aft and down two steps to salon. Galley to starboard, convertible U-shaped UltraSuede settee with hi/lo drop leaf dining table opposite to starboard. United Shade window treatments. Bright and airy! Hinged hatch in salon sole offers quick access to tank room below. From salon aft through hinged door to spacious cockpit with bridge overhang. Great back porch! Transom door opens to large swim platform. Hinged hatch in cockpit sole opens to lazarette. Six step ladder to port leads up to boat deck. Strategically placed grab rails make moving fore and aft and through the vessel safe and comfortable. Extremely generous hanging locker, drawer, shelf and concealed storage throughout. Gorgeous African Sapele wood interior and Formica Solid Surface countertops. Pacific Northwest quality! BEAUTIFUL!
- Linear galley up
- NovaKool DC refrigerator and freezer
- Furrion two burner-double induction electric cooktop
- Magma stainless steel nesting induction Ceramica non-stick cookware
- Samsung microwave-convection oven
- Seaward Princess 11 gallon electric hot water heater with engine recirculation
- Pressure fresh water systems with accumulator tank
- 3M AquaPure fresh water filtration system
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine a12x display and A-series Lighthouse Software. 1/16sm - 24sm range radar and GPS chart plotter with radar overlay and autopilot integration. High contrast color, clear readability and ease of use in all light conditions; touch screen, pinch to zoom - Intuitive!
- Raymarine Quantum radome
- Raymarine i70 instrument multifunction digital display with depth, speed, time and date, air temperature, humidity, true wind direction and speed, trip log and sea water temperature
- Raymarine Evolution autopilot with p70R color display and SmartController remote
- Raymarine a6x display - mirrors all functions of larger a12x display
- Icom M 4000BB VHF radio
- Icom HM-195 Commandmic remote control VHF microphone
- Icom MXA-5000 AIS receiver
- Sena SPH10 bluetooth stereo headsets and intercom
- Airmax 150WX weather station
- Rear facing and engine room cameras
- Ritchie compass
- PolyPlanar stereo speakers
- Pyle Hydra stereo amplifier
- Sharp 32" HD Roku smart color television with remote control (stateroom)
- Shakespeare SeaWatch digital television antenna
- Navigation lights
- Maxblast air Seadog dual trumpet horn
- 6kW Northern Lights generator with 80 hours in sound shield
- 4D AGM engine start battery, three 4D AGM house batteries, Group 24 generator start battery. 4D AGM thruster/windlass battery
- MagnaSine 2000 inverter/battery charger with rME-RC emote system monitor
- MagnaSine MC-SBC smart battery combiner
- Galvanic isolator
- Twin 30A/125V shore power connection
- Shore power cables
- LED lighting throughout
- 12V DC plugs
- 12V DC/110V AC electrical systems
- ROCNA 20 20kg/44lb anchor
- Lofrans Tigres electric windlass with 275' 5/16" galvanized chain rode. Power drop and retrieve with local foot controls
- Anchor washdown
- Bow pulpit with anchor roller
- Anchor strike plate
- Fiberglass decks with molded-in nonskid
- Stainless rails and stanchions
- Textiline window covers
- Diamond SeaGlaze windows throughout
- Windshield wipers and washers
- Exallo windshield wiper control panel
- Windshield defroster
- Transom door
- Fiberglass mast and false stack
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Fenders and lines
- Cummins QSB6.7 EPA Tier III, 425hp, in-line, six cylinder, four stroke turbocharged, after cooled diesel engine with high pressure common rail fuel system, 1300 hours - quiet and no smoke!
- 1000 hour service completed
- TwinDisc MG-5061-5L 2.43:1 gear
- All wiring, plumbing and mechanical equipment neatly labeled. Facilitates system identification and tracing
- 5-blade VEEMstar Series NIBRAL propellor (2019)
- Mercury electronic single lever shift and throttle control
- Cummins/Mercruiser VesselView 7 multifunction engine digital data display - Nice!
- Engine room camera
- TeleFlex SeaStar hydraulic wheel steering
- Edson leather covered stainless five-spoke destroyer wheel
- Three zone Webasto reverse cycle heat and air conditioning with FCF digital thermostat controls and remote control
- King electric 'baseboard' heaters in stateroom and salon
- HeaterCraft engine coolant/forced air heating system
- Sleipner Sidepower five-blade bow and stern thrusters with joystick and remote controls - Powerful!
- Four spare thruster blades
- Reverso automatic oil change system
- Tank level monitoring system
- Sure-Seal dripless shaft seal
- Walker AirSep
- Dual Racor fuel filter/water separators with vacuum gauge and quick shift valve
- Racor fuel filter/water separator for generator
- Fiberglass mufflers
- Fresh water cooling system
- Dometic Sealand Master Flush electric fresh water toilet with holding tank, macerator, Y-valve, overboard discharge and deck pump out fitting
- Three automatic/manual bilge pumps
- Hella DC fans (stateroom)
- Fireboy Clean Agent automatic fire suppression system
- Hand held fire extinguishers
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Equipment installation and operators manuals
This tug truly is a special vessel. Beautifully outfitted, this one-owner custom tug is the result of 40 years of cruising experience by the loving owners of KARMA, who firmly believe “all boats, regardless of size, are meant to sleep two.”
The owners, working in lockstep with American Tug, designed what most would consider to be the perfect 40-foot cruising boat. After launching 10 of the two stateroom model 395s, American Tug was asked by the current owners (also long time AT 34 owners) to design and build a larger, single stateroom version of this classic American beauty. This boat (hull number 11) was the result of that project, and became the template for a new model — a single stateroom American Tug 395. To date, American Tug has photos of this actual boat on its website for potential buyers to view.
The spacious layout gives KARMA the feel of a much larger vessel. With her three-to-one length-to-beam ratio (40’ length to 13' 3’" beam), her lines make her an aesthetically more appealing version of her shorter, more squat sister. Her streamlined design also improves her ride and handling in rough weather. Side-power 5-blade bow and stern thrusters also make docking a breeze.
In addition, while the AT 395 now comes standard with a Cummins Q-series 380hp engine, KARMA's has been upgraded to 425hp. This upgrade, combined with the VEEMStar 5-blade propeller, as opposed to the standard 4-blade prop, allows her to reach speeds of 19 knots (15-16 knot cruising speed at 75-80% load), while providing a quieter, smoother, more fuel efficient ride.
The fit and finish of KARMA is second to none. Sapele wood sole and cabinets throughout give her a warm, welcoming feel. And her ultra-soft microsuede seating invite you to get comfortable with a cup of coffee or glass of wine, without the fear of staining. From the moment you board KARMA you’ll feel right at home.
Of course, no boat would be complete without ample deck space to enjoy. This vessel has an upper deck with plenty of seating for cocktails with guests. She also has seating on the bow and a covered aft deck.
KARMA is truly one of a kind! You’ll never find another one like her. Don’t let her be “the one who got away!” If you’ve been considering a tug or trawler, don’t miss the opportunity to own this American-made maritime masterpiece. GOOD KARMA!
This yacht is staged. The staging items belong to Virginia Yacht Brokers and do not convey.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Virginia Yacht Brokers
"57" Pilothouse Trawler
Chesapeake, VA, United States
"42" Salon Express
Chesapeake, VA, United States
Chesapeake, VA, United States
Chesapeake, VA, United States