2017 Catalina 315
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bridgeport, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 142,000
LIKE NEW CATALINA 315 - VERY CLEAN & WELL EQUIPPED
D MACS' is exceptionally clean and a very well equipped 2017 Catalina 315 offered for sale by her original owner. Introduced in 2012, the Catalina 315 took home the coveted "Boat of the Year" award presented by Cruising World as well as "Best New Boat" by Sail Magazine. This well-reviewed cruiser packs a lot of desirable features and characteristics within a 32' hull.
D MACS' was ordered with a number of highly desirable options, to include:
- Shoal draft wing keel 4' 4" draft!
- Removable bowsprit with a UPS Asymmetrical sail on a Code X furler
- Whisker pole
- Raymarine electronics, radar, and autopilot upgrade
- Fusion stereo and entertainment system with cockpit speakers upgrade
- Sunbrella Charcoal Gray soft dodger, bimini, and connector upgrade
- Numerous interior improvements
Please contact David Walter Yachts at 9545270664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 31 ft 11 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 26 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 31 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Displacement: 10600 lbs
Ballast: 4400 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 3 in
Total Power: 21 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2017
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 350
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 21 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (41 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (27 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (17 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The Catalina 315
The Catalina 315 sails into the global marketplace with all the style and refinement of the larger Catalina 5 Series boats.
With core attributes of the award-winning 445 and 355, the 315 includes features that are not found in many of the world's yachts, yet come standard with the Catalina 5 Series: a watertight StrikeZone collision bulkhead, the SecureSocket mast support system that affords superior load resolution and watertight integrity; the DeepDefense rudder system for failsafe steering, and the T-Beam MastStep™ structure that has all the benefits of a deck-stepped mast and the strength of a keel-stepped mast.
All the best elements of the 5 Series Catalinas are replicated in the 315. You'll find a bold emphasis on strength, lead keels, sleek low profile cabin design, ergonomically correct cockpits that are optimized for efficiency, with great visibility from the helm. Plus, all the classic warmth and ambience that only a teak interior creates.
Construction of the Catalina 315
The hull of the Catalina 315 is constructed of hand-laid fiberglass with an integral structural grid. The fiberglass hull liner is bonded securely bonded to the hull for added strength and stiffness. The outer laminate consists of a Vinylester resin barrier coat for protection against osomatic blistering. The deck is hand-laid cored laminate with a molded non-skid surface.
The hull features a collision bulkhead forward and a solid lead wing keel with stainless steel keel bolts. The draft of D MACS' is a mere 4' 4"! The rudder is constructed of hand-laid fiberglass with a 316 stainless steel core and rudder stock.
Deck and Cockpit Features
The cockpit is surprisingly large and well thought out to ensure easy movement around the helm. The cockpit coaming is tall, offering good support and comfort. The Edson pedestal has a folding 32" wheel, 5" backlit compass, engine controls, and wheel brake.
- Slate Sunbrella soft dodger and bimini top with connector over a stainless steel frame
- 32" Leather-wrapped folding steering wheel
- Teak cockpit grate
- Folding cockpit table with drink holders and stainless steel base with a foot brace
- Snap-in cockpit cushions
- LED Cockpit lighting
One of the best features is the molded swim platform. The helm seat can easily be removed allowing unrestricted access right down to the water. The transom hot/cold shower is a nice touch when boarding after playing in the water.
Moving about the deck, there is no shortage of handholds and sure footing. The deck is relatively uncluttered with an extruded aluminum toe rail and tall double lifelines with sturdy stanchions for an element of safety.
- Walkthrough stern with molded swim platform, folding swim ladder, and hot/cold swim shower
- Tall double lifelines and sturdy handrails along the coach roof
- Mooring cleats located at the bow and stern
- Comfortable stern rail seating
- Outboard motor mount
- LPG Molded propane locker with 10 lb tank
- Lifesling overboard rescue module
Spars, Rigging, and Sails
D MACS' has a two-spreader Selden mast with in-mast furling main and coordinating boom. On deck, the 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging is inboard of the side deck for tight sheeting, good performance upwind, and easy movement when transiting forward. The running rigging leads aft to the cockpit for simple short-handed sailing and quick maneuvers.
- UPS Asymmetrical reaching sail with Selden Code X furler and sheets
- Removable bowsprit and tackle for asymmetrical
- Whisker pole
- (2) Two-speed self-tailing primary winches
- (2) Two-speed self-tailing mainsheet/halyard winches
- Line stoppers for easy line handling
- Mid-boom sheeting with a multi-purpose mainsheet traveler and adjustable cars
- Rigid adjustable boom vang
- Inboard genoa tracks
- Low-stretch Dacron halyards
- Doyle verticle batten mainsail
- Doyle 135% furling headsail
- Slate Sunbrella UV protection on both the genoa and mainsail
The interior of the Catalina 315 is both versatile and well thought out. For a 32' boat there is a surprising amount of space and headroom. With large fixed windows to port and starboard in the main salon, numerous opening deck hatches, and both fixed and opening hull portlights the interior of DMACS' is inviting, open, and well ventilated.
To starboard, there is a large straight settee with outboard shelving and contemporary styled, horizontal grain cabinets, with flush panels and high-quality push-button latches. To port, a wrap-around settee with a high gloss varnished dining table provides seating for 5.
Adjacent to the companionway, to port, is the well-configured U-Shaped galley with two-burner propane stove, Corian countertop, deep single basin stainless steel sink, microwave, and 12-volt refrigerator with freezer compartment. The amount of cold storage on the Catalina 315 is fantastic! The refrigerator is font loading for easy access on either tack with a substantial seal for efficiency. Outboard above the stove is a flush-mounted microwave. Loads of deep cabinets and drawers offer more than ample storage.
To starboard of the companionway, is a navigation deck with folding top well-sized for chartwork. Outboard is the distribution panel for the AC and DC systems, the control head for the Fusion stereo, battery monitor, and the VHF radio.
Aft is a double quarter berth with private entry and a locker with a fiddled surface for personal stowage. Forward is a large double v-berth with a tall hanging locker outboard and access to the head.
The head has a good-sized Corian countertop with a single basin stainless steel sink with a pull-out sprayer that doubles as a shower. Above the manual Jabsco head are two mirrors faced medicine cabinets and an opening portlight.
- Varnished teak interior
- Teak veneer bulkheads with solid teak trim
- Louvered cabinets and trim
- Teak handrails
- Cedar lined hanging lockers
- Pleated shades for cabin windows
- Navigation station with chart table and light
- High gloss dining table
- Ultra Leather Cream upholstered settees to port and starboard in the main salon
- (3) Fixed hull portlights
- (4) Opening portlights with screens
D MACS' is exceptionally well equipped with a custom electronics package
- Raymarine eS97 multi-function touchscreen display
- Mast mounted Raymarine radar
- Raymarine p70 Evolution Wheel Pilot autopilot
- Raymarine p70 multifunction display at the helm
- Horizon VHF with command mic at the helm
- Fusion MS-RA205 marine stereo system with speakers in the main salon and cockpit
- NavPod mount at the helm for the chart plotter and p70 MFD
- 12 Volt battery charger
- Catalina 110 VAC / 12 VDC electrical distribution panel and circuit breakers
- 110 VAC outlets throughout the interior
- 110 VAC 30A inlet and shore power cord, polarity indicator, and circuit protection
- 12 VDC electrical system with two batteries, circuit protection, and battery monitoring system
- 12 VDC USB outlet in the cockpit
- Galvanic isolator
- Adjustable LED interior lighting
- Anchor, steaming, navigation, and deck lighting
- 21 hp 3-cylinder freshwater cooled Yanmar diesel engine with 350 hours
- 3-Blade bronze fixed propeller
- Sea-water strainer for engine intake
- Yanmar engine control panel with tachometer
- Fuel gauge in the cockpit
- Single lever throttle mounted on the Edson pedestal
- Bilge blower
- Emergency tiller with rudder stock access
- Jabsco manual toilet with macerator pump for overboard discharge
- Pressurized hot/cold freshwater system
- 110 VAC / Engine driven water heater
- Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch and manual override
- Manual bilge pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
East Greenwich, RI, United States