2016 Hylas 63
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,100,000
Hylas 63 Cutter, with a unique custom European interior by renowned superyacht designers Hotlab of Milan, Italy. Materials, fabrics, and hardware sourced in Europe by Hotlab, including specialty woods for a modern superyacht feel. Substantial upgrades implemented across all major systems to ensure very comfortable long-term liveaboard cruising conditions.
Layout design includes 3 staterooms and a dedicated office.
Blues is outfitted with a Selden carbon fiber mast and a Park Avenue (carbon fiber) boom. This allows her to carry a proper mainsail while incorporating an easy and problem-free system for mainsail raising and dousing.
Central Agent Lori Goldstein cell: 954-494-9586
Please contact Lori Goldstein at 954-494-9586
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 63 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 8 in
LWL: 57 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 4 in
Bridge Clearance: 88 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 81200 lbs
Total Power: 220 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1550
Engine Power: 220 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (384 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (650 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
Custom interior design by Hotlab (Milan, Italy), award-winning superyacht designers. Unique modern, clean interior incorporating light woods (Alpi oak) for the vertical surfaces and the walnut-colored Lati Pudong wood for the cabin sole. All fittings - from sinks to door handles to lights to showerheads - sourced in Europe and ordered by Hotlab, including all specialty woods. Everything was substantially upgraded from the standard Hylas kit.
The interior boasts 3 private staterooms plus a dedicated office/studio. There are two heads, fore and aft.
- Cruisair AC/reverse cycle heat: 4 compressors for a total of 56,000 BTU, with dehumidifier setting and four individual digital controls. Additional vents for heads, portside cabin, and for the engine room. Main Salon 16,000 BTU replaced in 2020.
- Beam Central Vacuum system with cabin sole level intakes for each cabin, the office, and the saloon.
- Caframo Kona 12V three-speed interior fans; 14 total.
- Abundant opening hatches and ports for excellent light and ventilation.
- Ocean Air shades for all hatches. Screens additionally in staterooms.
- All cabin-sole pieces are positive locking to ensure supreme safety during offshore passages.
- Headliner is easily removed for access to deck hardware.
- Saloon settees on port and starboard in wite Italian leather. Sufficient length/depth to serve as comfortable sea berths during long passages.
- Full width V-berth forward, queen sized. Berth lifts to access storage below. Desk and chair in stateroom.
- Port cabin with upper/lower berth design. Lower berth is a full double berth. Upper berth folds. Lower berth lifts for access to storage.
- TV and WDTV media players in salon and each of the 3 staterooms, connected to onboard media server.
- Marine PC Media server (located in the Office cabin) with 10 TB of video and audio content, connecting to all TV's and audio. Built-in flush PC screen, flush hi-fi PC speakers, videoconference cam, printer cabinet, filing cabinet.
- Aft Stateroom and Salon also have Apple TV.
- Aft Stateroom TV is also connected to Raymarine, for displaying navigation in this cabin.
- Electric lift for TV in main saloon. Stows out of sight when not in use.
- Saloon has 2 designer seats that double as cabinets, with storage inside.
- Saloon table folds into coffee table size and lifts for height adjustment on an electric pedestal.
- Leather-covered stainless steel rails at companionway.
- Leather-covered stainless steel overhead grabrails, leather covered.
- Galley is port with walkthrough to aft stateroom.
- Office/studio is to starboard, opposite galley, with 2nd walkthrough. Additional outlets in this high energy demand area. This area is fitted with industrial grade sound absorption panels and walls and ceiling. (Designed and used as a music project studio by original owner.)
- Master stateroom aft with en-suite head and shower stall. Lifting berth design.
- TV mounted on forward bulkhead in Master with CATV5 and HDMI cables. TV cabinet built in flush.
- Custom tiled showers, with tempered glass enclosures and an Italian designer rainshower and standard shower and fittings.
- Italian designer fittings in the heads.
- Padded guitar cabinet in the portside cabin for securely mounting 2 guitars.
- Custom mattresses in the Aft and Forward cabins for enhanced sleeping comfort.
- Nav station with Italian marble countertop, lifting cabinet, white leather swivel chair.
- Designer AC and USB sockets next to all berths and in salon. Designer light switches.
Galley is port, running fore to aft. The galley was designed for a family who wants to be able to entertain easily and live onboard. Italian light marble countertops with walnut fiddles. Walkthrough to Master Stateroom. (There is a second walkthrough to starboard.)
- Extensive refrigeration capacity befitting a yacht of this type: Four front loading refrigeration boxes located inboard, aft end of galley. Fitted with Frigoboat MS130 units. Units are stacked.
- One front and top loading Frigoboat freezer unit outboard, aft end of galley.
- Three-burner Miele Propane cooktop, gimballed. One wok-sized single burner unit aft, double burner forward unit with individual Xintex propane monitor and controls.
- Miele Microwave & Convection oven, gimballed.
- Miele Ceramic Electric dual burner cooktop.
- Miele 2789 Washer/Dryer unit.
- Newport 1000 MKII watermaker, under the forward cabin bunk. Controls at nav station.
- Broan 15WEWT trash compactor.
- Bosch SKE53M15EU dishwasher.
- Vitrifrigo icemaker.
- Single oversized and deep stainless steel sink with plenty of space for large pots.
- Drinking water outlet at the sink with Seagull filter connected to the mains under sink.
- Seawater outlet at the sink for pre-rinsing the dishes.
- Hot/cold water at the sink.
- Under-sink Jabsco food macerator.
- Long custom spice shelf on the inboard side.
- Dual fresh water pump set-up for redundancy.
- Ample storage cabinets above and below the countertops.
Navigational and Electronic Equipment
Navigation and Communication:
- Raymarine Autopilot with control heads flush mounted on both pedestals in the cockpit. A base station is installed so that a wireless smart controller can utilized. Autopilot receives data from instruments and the chart plotters. Mamba autopilot drive unit.
- Raymarine Smart Controller allows for control of all autopilot functions and a data repeater via 802.15.4 wireless tech. Charging station for the Smart Controller is located at nav center.
- Raymarine 48nm HD Color Radar and Chartplotter with multiple hybrid touch-screen displays: includes a gS125 display at the nav center, 4 kW 24” HD digital radar scanner, a gS125 display mounted in a powerpod on the starboard forward section of the cockpit (beneath dodger for protection), and gS165 displays on each of the steering pedestals. Pedestal and nav center displays have remote keyboards installed. Master unit is at the navigation center. All Seatalk data is routed to the displays. The video image on the screen can be viewed remotely on an iPhone or iPad using the RayView app that can be downloaded. The system can also be controlled via an iPad using the RayControl app if desired. Or it can be viewed on the aft cabin TV.
- Raymarine i70 SeaTalk instruments: instruments installed above companionway hatch: Depthsounder, Speed, and Wind Instruments.
- Raystar 130 Waas GPS Sensor: provides GPS coordinates to the ship electronics
- ICOM M506 VHF: without AIS. Tied to the VHF is NMEA data for position display on VHF, hailer horn, and a remote microphone that is installed on the inboard surface of the port pedestal.
- RaymarineAIS650 Transmitter/Receiver: integrated so that the AIS information can be displayed on the gS series Raymarine displays. The AIS antenna and the AIS GPS sensor are mounted on the antenna pole.
- Wifi Extender System with wired and wireless networks. Antenna is mounted on the antenna pole. Amplifies Wifi signals up to 10 miles away. There is a hardwired connection for the computer. There is both a wired and wireless network on the boat so guests can use the internet.
- KVH Satellite Phone for voice and data: KVH V3ip Satphone. Antenna mounted on top of antenna pole.
- Cameras: One mounted aft, beneath the antenna pole, facing forward into the cockpit area. Second mounted on the spreader facing down and forward. The video image for the cameras is fed through the security system (can be viewed remotely as well) and then into the Nav Center gS display.
- Icom M802 SSB: Flush mounted at Nav Center. Auto tuner installed in lazarette. Audio output can be heard in the cockpit utilizing the Bose system. Audio output also routed to the Office cabin for connection to the Server PC for marine weather forecast recording and mapping.
- Multi-band cell phone Antenna Boosters for Data: allows mobile users to stream data on the cell phone network if cell coverage is available. Covers most global bands.
- 4G Wifi modem.
- GOST Phantom Insight HD Security System: alerts up to 8 phone numbers in the event of high water in the bilge, low battery voltage, smoke, or intrusion into vessel. Works with both cell phones and satellite phones. The system also allows local and remote access to cameras on the vessel. (This system may require updating and re-assignment to function properly for the new owner.)
- Navtracker geofencing system, with monitoring from web browser of mobile app.
- Salon Surround Sound System: A custom designed Bose V35 Built-Invisible system factory installed, for watching HDTV streamed over the Apple TV or WDTV. Any available source in the salon can be fed from the main Bose system in the salon. Any source in the salon can be fed into the cockpit speakers using a Bose PMCIII RF remote control. The audio choices for the salon and cockpit are Apple TV/WDTV and Salon IPOD.
- Cockpit: WDTV can be watched on the forward cockpit gS series display in the cockpit. Media server also can be accessed through this display. Headphone jack. Control of the WDTV through the WDTV remote control. Audio is through the cockpit and stern seat speakers.
- Forward Cabin: WDTV can be seen on the forward cabin TV. Control through the WDTV remote control. In addition, blue tooth modules are installed to enable streaming directly to the stereo from any Blue tooth audio player (such as an Iphone).
- Port forward cabin: Same as forward cabin.
- Aft Cabin: Same as forward cabin. Additionally, Raymarine navigation data is able to be displayed on the TV in the Master Stateroom.
- Marine PC Media Server in the office with ca. 10 TB of video and audio content.
Other Offshore Gear:
- Full Adult and Pediatric Medair Offshore medical kits, including oxygen tank, dozens of meds.
- Extensive spares in inventory.
Sails and Rigging
"Blues" is fitted with the upgraded Carbon Fiber Selden Mast and Park Avenue Boom. This equipment is much lighter than the standard in-mast rig and is able to carry a proper mainsail with a full roach. The boom is v-shaped which, along with the lazy jacks, allows the sail to be easily reefed or simply doused into the boom. Stowing the main is foolproof, as it essentially flakes itself into the boom cradle. And raising it is easy with the electric halyard winch. This is a modern solution for easy and jam-proof mainsail handling, with the benefit of improved performance with a full proper mainsail.
The triple spreader rig is keel stepped and both the staysail furler and the headstay furler are a Selden hydraulic furlers. There is also a Selden Carbon Fiber Whisker Pole, and a Selden boom vang/preventer.
- Center point mainsheet design
- Selden Vertical Track and Hardware for mainsail stowage, includes Harken high load block and vectran spinnaker halyard
- Selden Mast Step - two pairs - one pair near the base of the mast and the second pair located 3' below the mast cap
- Spectra-cored primary and secondary main halyards for low stretch and durability
- Spectra-cored primary and secondary genoa halyards
- All sheets led to the aft end of the cockpit so they don't interfere with the seating area. Antal chromed self-tailing winch inventory: Primary headsail: 24V electric size 70 (2); Secondary headsail: manual size 60 (2); Mainsheet: 24V electric size 60 (1); Cockpit control lines: 24V electric size 60 (1); Halyard: manual size 52 mounted on mast (2); Traveler: manual size 52121
- Push-button controls for electric winches at winch location
- SAIL INVENTORY:
- (2020) North Fully Battened NorDac Mainsail
- Quantum Genoa
- Quantum Staysail
Deck Equipment and Ground Tackle
- Dual Windlass setup: (2) Maxwell VWC3500 24V Windlasses with foot pedals forward and controller in cockpit
- Maxwell anchor chain controller/counter in cockpit
- Primary anchor: 90 lb. Delta anchor, 300' system 40 triple B 7/16" galvanized high-tensile chain
- Secondary anchor: 90 lb. Rocna anchor, 100' system 40 triple B 7/16" galvanized high-tensile chain and 300' of 3/4" anchor rode
- Bow roller custom modified to carry and deploy both anchors
- High pressure salt water deck washdown forward with long high pressure hose
- New Dodger, Bimini, Eisenglass connector piece (2020) in Sunbrella.
- Eisenglass full enclosure with panels that roll up or zip out.
- Lighting integrated into bimini top frame.
- Complete cockpit cushions with back support, in brown premium designer sunbrella.
- Wrap around Soltis Mesh 92 covers for wrap-around forward and side of raised deck. Cuts down 92% of UV on windows and into salon.
- Dual 40" stainless steel wheels aft, leather covered.
- Stainless rails with padding behind the dual helm seats.
- Wichard folding padeyes (4). One pair at forward end of cockpit and one at each helm position.
- Cockpit table fixed midline in cockpit with leaves. Insulated cooler box in center and storage cabinet at aft end of table.
- Custom companionway hatch in modern-look stainless steel/tinted glass, with drop-down stainless board on hydraulic spring.
- Switches in the cockpit for outside and deck lighting.
- Cockpit speakers.
- 12V outlet for phone/ipad charging.
ADDITIONAL DECK EQUIPMENT:
- Simpson S300 Stainless steel davits, tall model, electric. Reinforced area for davit mounting.
- AB hard bottom inflatable dinghy with depthsounder.
- Yanmar 40hp outboard for dinghy.
- 4 pairs of Flopper Stoppers.
- Stern seats replaced with Starboard for easy maintenance.
- Deck speakers beneath stern seats.
- Glendenning Cable Master with two 75' 50amp chords.
- Lewmar flush-type deck hatches (upgraded from standard).
- Stainless steel cowl guards for the cowl vents.
- Stainless steel folding ladder on stern.
- Stainless steel Radar Pole with twin antenna arrays and outboard engine lifting arm.
- Stainless steel tubing in lieu of wire lifelines from stern rail to midship gates.
- 6 deep sea fishing rods with rail mounts aft.
- Anchor and strobe light LED.
- Halogen foredeck and spreader lights.
- LED accent lights on stern steps and swim platform.
- High-pressure Kaercher deck washer and fresh water hose, located in aft lazarette.
- Xenon Underwater lights, one pair.
- Docklines and fenders.
Mechanical and Electrical
- Yanmar Model 6BY3 220 hp diesel engine with cockpit controls and complete alarm system. Hours: 1560
- High-output alternator (220A+) with battery temperature sensor.
- Second standard alternator.
- PTO Battery Charging: power take-off on the output shaft of the transmission with a Mastervolt 110 amp / 24 volt alternator to charge the 24 volt house batteries while using the engine.
- Single-lever control system to protect against high-RPM gear shifting.
- KMHSOA transmission with a 2.6:1 ratio.
- 5 bladed feathering MaxProp.
- Aqualoy 22 propeller shaft WBM 2" X 115".
- Sidepower 240 KG 24V bow and aft thrusters.
- Dual Racor 500 fuel-filtration system allowing independent filter and bypass system.
- Oil-change pump built in as standard for engine, generator, and transmission.
- Additional engine room lighting.
- Engine room blowers on a custom relay system, auto on/off.
- Soundown insulation in engine room 12" vinyl/foam composite).
- 2x 35400-0000 Jabsco 12V engine-room blower with 4-diameter exhaust.
- Onan 12.5 kW generator with Soundguard, nav station mounted digital display, low coolant level alarm, low/high oil level alarm, secondary vibration isolators, water-lift muffler and water exhaust separator. Hours: 3129.
- Onan 6 kW generator as a secondary unit. Secondary fuel lift pump. Custom stainless steel framing to mount this secondary unit next to the primary unit. Hours: 1921.
- Two Marinco 50A 220/125V shore-power connections.
- All AC distribution-panel neutral and grounding circuits are on distribution panel consistent with positive wiring; first position on AC main breaker panel to be blank 30A breaker; terminal blocks used for neutral and grounding wiring.
- All wire is tinned; no copper wiring except Selden-supplied masthead lights.
- Copper strips running bow to stern on both port and starboard sides for grounding.
- Massively enhanced 4,240 AH @ 24V house bank for all primary systems, including winches, anchor windlass, and rig controls. All house bank batteries new in 2019.
- All batteries isolated via a built-in reverse-isolation switch.
- All house bank batteries are Lifeline AGM maintenance-free bafteries; house bank located amidships, windlass and bow-thruster batteries under forward berth.
- 2x 8D batteries for the bow thruster (new 2020)
- 2x 8D batteries for the stern thruster (new 2020)
- 4D engine start battery (new 2020)
- #51211Pro 10-3 Flyback 10A 12V PM battery charger.
- #299017 Mastervolt 24V/80A 230V 50/60HZ battery charger.
- Two 24V/12V DC/DC Mastervolt 20A step-down chargers.
- Aqua Signal running lights, masthead anchor light, tricolor steaming light, and foredeck light.
- S-2A Firebuoy fuel vapor monitor.
- M-4124RC Cole Hersee dual 24V fuel/water alarm system.
- Newmar galvanic isolators located in line before main circuit breakers for safety ground line.
- Lowrans electronic tank monitors.
- 3 overhead engine room lights.
- Dual Racor 500 filtration with auxilliary fuel pump.
- 12v outlet in engine room.
- Diving compressor and 2 diving tanks.
Plumbing and Tankage
- Water in four vented, stainless-steel tanks, total capacity 384 gallons.
- Fuel in six vented, stainless-steel tanks, total capacity 650 gallons.
- 115 gallons of holding tank capacity (47 gallons forward, 68 gallons aft).
- All tanks are baffled.
- All tanks have easy access for inspection with dipsticks, threaded inspection ports, and larger inspection port for interior inspection and cleaning.
- Sensotex fuel and water gauges.
- Two independent bilge pump systems: One Rule 3,500 gph system, one PAR-MAX 4, 3,000 gph system, both with Bilge Bug conductive switches.
- Stainless-steel lsotemp 20-gallon, 220V hot water heater.
- WSC-60/24V GROCO washdown pump.
- Shore-side freshwater deck connection.
- Two Surflo Extreme 24V, 5.7-gpm freshwater pumps.
- Jabsco electric toilets delux flush. Heads are larger "home style" bowls.
- 302400 Sealand T-Series odorless discharge hose for all heads.
- Jabsco 24V H/D macerator pump for galley sink.
- 10590-0001Jabsco 24V H/D macerator pumps for waste tanks.
- BP3740 Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump.
- Groco bronze in-line water strainers for engine, refrigeration units, and generator.
- Beckson CV 1-1/2 check valve for all sinks.
Hull and Deck Structural Specifications
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) standards for hull and deck design.
- Solid FRP hull laid up wet with alternating layers of Twaron, an aramid fiber 2.5 times stronger than steel, and e-glass using vinylester resin and isophthalic gel coat; the laminate is vacuum-bagged to create the strongest laminate possible with a precise resin-to-fiber ratio.
- Five year FRP hull-and-deck warranty against structural issues and osmotic blistering.
- Two epoxy barrier coats below the waterline for optimal protection.
- All through-hull fittings made of solid bronze and bonded.
- Solid-lead keel with 13 solid 30mm stainless-steel keel bolts with transverse- mounted 8mm backing plates..
- Rudder balanced for optimum control under sail and power.Rudder bottom plane above the keel plane delivers grounding safety.
- Hull joined to deck with stainless-steel bolts and bonded with 3M 5200.
- Hull is finished in Flag Blue Gelcoat.
- Deck, cored with 3/4" Baltek balsa only in areas of nonskid, is vacuum- bagged to create the strongest laminate possible with a precise resin-to- fiber ratio; all through bolts are through solid laminate with no core.
- Solid laminate with no core in high-stress areas.
- Molded contrasting nonskid in light beige.
- Solid teak rubrail with stainless steel striker.
- Proprietary custom solid stainless-steel stemhead fitting with extended split bow roller, modified to carry both a Delta and Rocna anchor.
- Saltwater washdown pump for anchor and rode cleaning.
- Solid stainless-steel striker plates for bow protection.
- Divided anchor locker drains directly overboard.Very large sail locker with stainless-steel ladder for sail, dock-line, and fender storage forward with two Bailey Marine latches to make it watertight.
- Anchor and sail lockers create watertight collision bulkhead forward of forward cabin with independent overboard drainage; secondary drainage installed with shutoff to main bilge.
- Two stainless-steel dorades forward with stainless-steel guards incorporating halyard bales.
- Stainless Steel grabrails on deck.
- Teak caprail.
- Leather-covered stainless-steel companionway handrails.
- Solid-teak cockpit sole and cockpit seating surface.
- Dual steering stations, each with 40" destroyer wheel.
- Lewmar Mamba mechanical steering system.
- Large aft deck lazarettes, to port and starboard, with one Bailey Marine latch in each to make them watertight.
- Stern garage containing ample space, including SCUBA compressor, SCUBA tanks, Kaercher high-pressure deck washdown, and more; has dedicated Rule 2200 automatic bilge pump with manual override in the cockpit, and dual Bailey Marine latches to make it watertight.
- Watertight stern section across aft port and starboard lazarettes and garage.
- Transom steps are covered in solid teak for excellent traction.
- Stainless-steel protective plate on hull's stern corners.
- Freshwater hot/cold shower on stern platform.
- Fold-down stainless-steel stern swim ladder extends five feet below surface.
- Twelve 12" stainless-steel deck cleats: four at the bow, four at the stern, two forward, and two aft.
- 32" high x1.25" diameter 316 stainless-steel stanchions with double lifelines forward of cockpit.
- 32" high x 1.25" diameter stainless steel stanchions and double tubing for safety from the cockpit to stern rail.
- Side-boarding fold-down stainless-steel ladder with teak steps can be mounted on either port or starboard side and, when folded, can be left in place while sailing.
- Lewmar flush hatches installed in lieu of standard.
- Exit Engineering carbon fiber (very lightweight) folding passarelle, painted white and blue, with the SV Blues logo.
- Custom stainless bracket for passarelle side mounting to run parallel to the hull when moored side-to.
- Passarelle pin sockets on port and starboard sides of the aft steps, for passarelle mounting on either side when moored stern-to.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Muskegon, MI, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Palmetto, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
56 Carbon Rig
San Diego, CA, United States