2016 Grand Banks 72 Aleutian RP
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Jupiter , FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 4,299,000
CRONOS is the exception - in that superlatives fall far short of defining what she offers a cruising family. Designed, built, executed and maintained by an exceptional cruising couple with the means, knowledge and time to create the ultimate owner-operated offshore-capable cruising vessel. Twin Caterpillar C-18 A-cert A-rated engines with 1150 hp each give CRONOS the ability to top twenty knots (if one is in a rush to beat weather, currents or life’s situations). She also has the fuel efficiency to complete an offshore run from Jupiter, FL to Stamford, CT non-stop in 76 hours. Fuel capacity is 2800 gallons, giving you 1,250 miles of range at 10 kts with 10% reserve. Top cruise 19 kts at 80% load, with a top speed of 21.5 kts.
During the build, CRONOS’ owners were onboard for weeks at a time at the GB factory supervising every aspect of the construction, working with an exclusive team of architects and engineers at Grand Banks. This was not a production-level GB 72...only the very top-level craftsmen were let onboard to execute their various tasks. Right down to the electricians, plumbers, carpenters and varnishers: only the very best craftsmen in the factory were allowed to become part of the build. That same exacting standard has been brought to the maintenance program, with a nearly unattainable level of attention to detail. Simply put, I cannot overstate the level of attention and the thorough nature of the maintenance program. All systems onboard are currently flawless.
Every aspect of CRONOS’ layout was custom designed to maximize efficiency and use of space to translate to luxury within the 72 foot size envelope. There is an extremely nice captain's quarters with private access for deliveries and longer runs which may require assistance. The master has a king-size berth with his and hers heads connected by a full-size shower with 60-PSI water pressure. The salon boasts an ingenious formal dining table layout. The pilothouse has a gourmet chef's galley and a rider bench with fold-out table for friends, family or crew. The bridge has twin grills, additional icemaker and a very open social seating layout. These are just a few of the highlights which embody the special nature of this offering.
CRONOS has taken her owners as far North as Nova Scotia and as far South as Turks & Caicos - and is regularly seen prowling the far Bahamas; yet she was still just as comfortable hosting the race committee for the historic J boat races off of Newport, RI last summer. Designed to run by owner-operator or by captain/crew - enough space for support but manageable enough for two people.
More than 200 professional photographs are available upon request.
Reasonable trade-in vessels will be considered.
Clute Ely Cellular at any time 203-981-2960
Please contact Clute Ely at 203-981-2960
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 72 ft 0 in
Beam: 19 ft 8 in
LWL: 67 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Bridge Clearance: 25 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 136550 lbs
Total Power: 2300 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: C-18 A-Cert
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1449
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 1150 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: C-18 A-Cert
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1473
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 1150 HP
Cruising Speed: 19 knots
Maximum Speed: 21 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (450 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (2800 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 6
Stepping onboard CRONOS, it is obvious that a yachting etiquette has been ardently adhered to without exception. Teak decking in the cockpit and on the swim platform. Mega-yacht style staple railing on the swim platform as well as deploy-able swim ladder. Twin and comfortable staircases and doorways from the swim platform to the covered aft cockpit. Large inch and a half thick bullnose varnished teak table in front of the large forward facing settee supported by mega-yacht style stainless steel legs. Freeman double sliding doors lead into the salon. The salon sole is solid teak planking surrounded by an accent of holly all around the exterior edge of the sole. All the cabinetry are solid teak and of a traditional raised panel design. All catches are dead bolt style for safety.
There are two end table cabinets at the far aft portion of the salon both to port and starboard designed to house important items which are either commonly needed or to be accessed quickly from either inside or out. The salon has a large L-shaped settee stretching along most of the starboard side of the salon covered in cream colored leather. There are two cabinet style move-able coffee tables and two swiveling barrel chairs stationed opposite to port. The entertainment center is custom built onto the port side and is of a portion of an octagon in shape. The majority of the sole is protected by a custom cut matching cream colored carpet.
Forward in the salon is the formal dining area with another generous L-shaped settee (matching leather) complimented by two custom dining chairs in teak and leather. The dining table is of a similar design to the cockpit table but only slightly more formal. Opposite the dining to starboard is a bar and china storage cabinet as well as the main electric panels and service. Forward of the dining area is a custom display cabinet as well as storage and stereo equipment.
Up three short steps to the galley one is greeted by a near surround of glass and an open flowing feeling to the space. The galley is immediately to port with four burner electric stove, convection microwave, Miele dishwasher and a compliment of six (6) SubZero fridges or freezers to say nothing of the abundance of storage for a boat with this type of offshore cruising capability.
Directly forward of the galley is the first mate's bench facing forward and set at helmseat height. Easily large enough for three additional people to assist the captain in keeping a safe passage. There is also a custom table here with a design complementary to the others for light dining and navigation. The Helm is on center with a double Stidd helm chair as well as the full package of electronics listed in the body of the listing. There are port and starboard submarine style doors to quickly access the side decks and the curved companionway leads below from the starboard forward corner of the pilothouse.
Arriving below decks there is a landing and companionway leading forward and aft to the various cabins. The separate washing machine and dryer are ingeniously tucked into a space under the companionway but inside the day head. As you walk further aft you enter the master. The spaces were painstakingly poured over with the desire to maximize efficiency while still delivering an aesthetic design. The goal was achieved with aplomb as the spaces flow effortlessly and yet, upon close inspection, there is tremendous utility and storage. There are private his and her mirrored heads to port and starboard of the king-size master berth with custom curved cabinetry, surrounding marble counters and high-end fixtures. The shower is glass and on centerline and of generous proportions. There is a large, well organized full length closet to starboard as well as a settee bench and portlights both port and starboard for natural light to enter. The television is mounted on the forward bulkhead.
In the bow is the VIP and it easily rivals the comforts of most of our competitors master cabins. Queen-size berth, hanging lockers, shelves, cabinets and television as well as en suite head...this is a very well executed portion of the design of this 72. Between the two cabins is the third stateroom. This was designed with twin berths in order to maximize flexibility in handling family and crew. The berths and storage work beautifully here as would be expected. This cabin is also designed with an en suite private head and shower.
In going back up the stairs there is a second curved companionway going upwards from the pilothouse on the aft starboard section. Once one gracefully arrives up on the bridge through the polished stainless steel hatch,you are immediately aware that this is more than just a running bridge and dinghy storage.
The helm station is on centerline with a generous amount of space for the dashboard electronics to be laid out in a clean and well-proportioned manner. The helm seat is again a double Stidd helm. There are two large L-shaped settees facing two yacht style tables with an egress down the centerline. This entire space is underneath the lighted hardtop and crystal clear three sided enclosure. Walking aft there is a banquette with the two Miele grills and a sink and ice maker. The hydraulic telescoping crane easily deploys the sport boat style inflatable dinghy in a matter of a couple minutes. There is a direct access staircase to the cockpit which, like the stairs to the pilothouse, are easily navigated walking style rather than having any sort of a ladder feel to the egress. The entire space of the bridge is generous and quite open. There is plenty of room for future installation of more storage of gear, or as it is currently configured there is just a great feeling of openness and space for entertaining. The non-skid surfaces on the bridge are finished in traditional “Moondust” colored Awlgrip. Whether the plan is to entertain a large group or just to get a quiet moment with a book and a penthouse view of the harbor…CRONOS' bridge is a major asset to an owner’s time onboard.
The broad shouldered walking side decks are also finished in Awlgrip non-skid in the forward areas of the boat. As you come to the Portuguese bridge, take the time to notice the thoughtful and surprisingly large amount of space for storage which was designed into this portion of the deck. It is these thoughtful details which time and again set CRONOS apart from the average cruiser. Going through the centerline double wing doors to the foredeck, one is flanked by two double custom settees which face forward for the breeze. Again the deck is open with stainless steel hatches as well as oversized cleats and chocks. There are two large lockers for dock line and fender storage mirroring the sides of the windlass. The pulpit was designed with enough space to handle two meaningful sized anchors with dedicated storage for the two sets of chain.
Turning around here do not miss the electronics antenna layout up on the hardtop and pilothouse visor. Once again it is the subtle details of the function complimenting the aesthetic form and balance that make CRONOS so special.
While hard to truly encompass all the details at least a few of the highlights are...
- She was built with all fully hand varnished teak bulkheads instead of the less expensive vinyl which has become the norm.
- The potable water system was upgraded to 22ml 3/4 inch household level plumbing driven by 60 psi for water pressure with a back-up.
- All of the closets were built with accessible screws for the hull side panel for easy access for future technicians to trouble shoot...there are no inaccessible areas of the boat.
- All of the furniture was stick built to maximize the potential envelope for storage.
- There is a single stand alone 9kW air conditioning unit dedicated to the master so that at anchor when hot one can leave that sole A/C unit on off of the inverter all night and one does not have to run the generator. Spare pre-cut hoses for all of the engine plumbing.
- All the below decks hatches were cut without the finger rings so no stubbed toes and a cleaner appearance.
- All the under sole areas were set with lighting and teak grate flooring so that they can be used effectively as storage.
- The crane is set on centerline aft so that one can launch the dinghy all three sides.
- Custom overhead folding dish lockers to maximize the view as well as the storage for the galley.
- There is a magic corner storage unit in under corner of the galley: just a secret weapon for the galley dry goods storage.
- Ocean Air blinds throughout the upper decks. Canvas covers for all exterior including the toe railings.
- Bow and stern shorepower.
- Bow and stern thrusters as well as windlass and crane are all hydraulic in lieu of the much less expensive or reliable electric units.
- PTO for boat engines assuring reliable cruising.
- With the deep freeze in the captain's quarters there is enough food storage for six people to travel independently for three weeks.
- Of course supported by the 1800 gallon watermaker; the fresh water is essentially unlimited.
- Nandi dive compressor gate bound with custom install in vented compartment.
- Literally there are spares for EVERYTHING.
The owners of CRONOS worked tirelessly to create a tremendous cruising platform...the buyer of CRONOS gets the benefit of all of that effort in the form of extremely reliable cruising well into the distant future.
- Full oil change every 3500 gallons of fuel used
- Transmission oil and filter change every 500 hours
- Main impellers every 500 hours
- Full Genset service every 250 hours
- Genset impellers every 500 hours
- Full wax, with topsides every 60 days
- Full was, all deck areas monthly
- Stainless 2x/month
- Varnish with Awlbrite finish every 9 months
- Bottom and propped every 12 months
- Interior teak oil every month
- Full A/C descale every 12 months
- A/C maintenance, all air handlers every 3 months
- All bilges cleaned monthly
- All service areas checked monthly
- Water tanks, gray and black water tanks routinely flushed
- All deck compartments cleaned and detailed monthly
- Rain-X monthly
- Exterior teak cleaned gently, no sanding or oil. Freshwater hose frequently.
- Boat washed weekly
- All exterior wood covered when not in use
- All thru-hulls exercised and serviced monthly
- Serviced every 100 hours
- Wax & stainless monthly
- Cat C-18 A-Cert 1150 hp
- Port hours: 1449
- Stbd hours: 1473
- Platinum plus warranties to 2500 hours or September 2020
- 1000 hour service complete
- All fluids, filter and impellers current
- Full maintenance records
- Recent oil sampling available
- Twin disc transmission 2:52:1
- Sea Torque shaft system with spare bearing/fluid kit on board
- Glendenning controls with wired remote (2 stations)
- Twin Onan MDKDR 21.5 gensets
- 2200 hours port, 2070 hours starboard
- All service current
- Naiad 38hp bowthruster
- Naiad 25hp sternthruster
- Naiad 302 stabilizer system
- Muir dual hydraulic windlass
- PTO off both engines
- Dometic three chiller (60K BTU each) system
- Mastevolt 24v charger
- Mastervolt 12v charger
- Mastervolt 4K inverter
- Separate 9K btu 110v AC unit for master cabin
- ASEA power systems transformer AC12 takes 170-520 volts at 50 to 60 Htz output 120/240 volts
- Engine Port & Starboard: Caterpillar C18 ACERT 1150MHP
- Transmissions Port & Starboard: Twin Disc MGX5135A, 2.52:1
- Main Generator: Onan
- Additional Genset: Onan
- Engine Batteries: AGM Lifeline
- Service & Inverter Batteries: AGM Lifeline
- Port & Starboard Generator Batteries: wet cell
- Battery Charger 24V & 12V: Mastervolt
- Inverter: Mastervolt
- DC DC Converter: Newmar
- Isolation Transformer: ASEA Power System
- Step Up Transformer: JBT Transformer
- Port & Starboard Engine Mufflers: Centek Industries
- Port & Starboard Propellers: Faster Propulsion Systems
- Propeller Shaft and Shaft Coupling Port: Sea Torque
- Rudders: Teignbridge
- Rope Cutters: Quick Cutters
- Engine Room Sound Package: Upgrade Rockwool & Inc
- Port & Starboard Engine Fuel Filter: Parker
- Port & Starboard Engine Seawater Strainer: Groco
- Generator Seawater Separator: Centek Industries, INC
- Port & Starboard Generator Seawater Strainer :Groco
- Air Conditioner Pump Seawater Strainer: Groco
- Port & Starboard Genset Fuel Filter: Racor
- Oil Change Pump:Reverso
- Engine Room Vent System Port FWD & AFT: Delta Systems Inc
- Engine Room Vent System Starboard FWD & AFT: Delta Systems Inc
- Fuel Priming Engine Port FWD & AFT: Reverso
- Fuel Priming Engine Starboard FWD & AFT: Rerverso
- Fuel Polisher: Reverso
- Fire Extinguisher: Fireboy Fire Systems
- Carbon Monoxide Detector: Seafire
- Zinc Anode: B-9 ZAP
- Air Conditioner Sea Water Strainer: Groco
- Chiller Seawater Pump: Scot Motor Pump
- Chiller Pump Expansion Tank: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Chiller Water Circulation Pump: Scot Motor Pump
- Chiller Air Conditioner Compressors 1, 2 & 3: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower FWD Cabin: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Port & Starboard Salons: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Galley: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Pilot House: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Port Cabin: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Master Cabin: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Blower Crew Cabin: Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Air Conditioner Master Cabin (self contained): Dometic Corp, Marine Air
- Cabin Lights: Foresti & Suardi
- Interior Courtesy Lights: Hella
- FWD Cabin Reading Lights: Quick Marine Lighting
- Master Cabin Reading Lights: Quick Marine Lighting
- Port Cabin Reading Lights: Metal Style
- Cuddy Cabin Reading Lights: Metal Style
- Exterior Courtesy Lights: Hella
- Exterior Deck Lights: Foresti & Suardi
- Navigation Lights Port & Starboard: Hella Marine
- Navigation Light Anchor: Hella Marine
- Navigation Light Bow: Hella Marine
- Navigation Light Stern: Hella Marine
- DC Engine Room Lights: Hella
- AC Engine Room Lights: Aquasignal
- Underwater Lights: Sea Vision
- Flood Lights: Lumitec
- Search Lights: ITT Jabsco
- Outlet & Switches: Vimar
- GFCI Outlet: Vimar
- Washer & Dryer: Asko
- Head/Galley/ Engine room Blower: Jabsco
- Air Horn Compressor: Kahlenberg
- Air Horn: Kahlenberg
- Windshield Wiper: Exalto
- Davit Cren: Steal Head Marine
- BBQ Sets on fly-bridge Port & Starboard: Miele
- Water Maker: Aquamatic Sea Recovery
- Water Maker Pump: GP Companies
- Vacuum Unit: Douvac
- Cable Master: Glendinning
- Shower Drain Pump: Whale
- Electric Bilge Pump: Rule
- Hi-Bilge Switches; Rule
- Windlass: Muir
- Primary & Secondary Anchors: Ultra Marine
- Head System: Tecma
- Head System (Crew Cabin): Tecma
- Macerator Pump Grey Tank & Holding Tank: Sealand Technology
- Holding Tank Indicator (Master Cabin): Offshore
- Holding Tank Indicator (Cuddy Cabin): Offshore
- Macerator Pump Cuddy Cabin: Dometic
- Engine Control Salon: Glendining Products, LLC
- Engine Control FB: Glendining Products, LLC
- Engine Control Processor: Glendining Products, LLC
- Handheld Control Processor: Glendining Products, LLC
- Handheld Control: Glendining Products, LLC
- Engine Instrument Display Salons Port & Starboard: CAT Marine Power Display
- Engine Instrument Display FB Port & Starboard: CAT Marine Power Display
- Hydraulic Steering Cylinder: Capilano Seastar
- Power Pack Steering System: Hypro
- Helm Electronic Steering Control (Lower & Upper Helm):Hypro
- Hydraulic Heat Exchanger: Thermal Transfer Products
- Stabilizer Actuators Port & Starboard: Naiad Dynamics
- Pump Pressure Control Manifold: Naiad Dynamics
- Central Hydraulic Reservoir: Naiad Dynamics
- Stabilizer Fin Actuators Port & Starboard: Naiad Dynamics
- Bow & Stern Thruster: Naiad Hydraulic
- 3 x 25" KEP Screens for Lower Helm
- Furuno TZT Black Box System for GPS
- Radar Sensor: Furuno
- Multi Function Display on Pilot house Port & Starboard: KEP- Marine
- VHF Handset Master Cabin: Icom
- VHF Marine Transceiver on PH: Icom
- VHF Marine Transceiver Handset on PH: Icom
- VHF Hanset Flybridge: Icom
- VHF Antenna 8': Shakespeare
- VHF Antenna 4': Shakespeare
- GPS Antenna: Furuno
- 6' Open Radar Sensor UHD: Furuno
- CAM 100 (Engine Room) 2 PCS: Axis Communication
- CAM 100 Cockpit Reverse Image: Axis Commnication
- Thermal Camera Control Salon: Flir
- Thermal Camera Control Flybridge: Flir
- Autopilot Display on Salon: Simrad
- Autopilot Display on Flybridge: Simrad
- Autopilot Pump: Simrad
- Compass Salon: Ritchie
- Compass Flybridge: Ritchie
- Rudder Feedback Unit: Simrad
- Hailer Speaker: MG Electronics
- WIFI Antenna: Bullet
- WIFI Router: Alfa Network
- Satellite Telephone: KVH
- Satellite Telephone Receiver: KVH
- DC Fresh Water Pump: Groco, Paragon
- AC Fresh Water Pump: Head Hunter
- Fresh Water Accumulator Tank: Groco
- Fresh Water Heater 1: Seaward Products
- Fresh Water Heater 2: Seaward Products
- Fuel Tanks Port & Starboard (Center Engine Room): Grand Banks Malaysia
- Fuel Tank Sender: Maretron
- Water Tank: Grand Banks Malaysia
- Water Tank Sender: Maretron
- Holding Tank: Grand Banks Malaysia
- Grey Tank: Grand Banks Malaysia
- Holding Tank on Cuddy Cabin: Dometic
- Holding Tank Sender on Cuddy Cabin: Maretron
- Tanks Monitor at Salon: Maretron
Hull, Exterior & Interior
- Sole Varnish (Matte Finishing): Inchem- Intel Chem Industries
- Sole Varnish Base Coat: Inchem- Intel chem Industries
- Interior Varnish Base Coat: International
- Interior Varnish Final Coat: International
- Exterior Varnish (Gloss Finishing): KOP- COAT, INC
- Hull Gel-coat: CCP-COOK Composites & Polymers (White)
- Bottom Hull Anti Fouling: International (Navy Blue)
- Boot-stripe Paint (Finishing): AWL Craft (Flag Blue)
- Underwater Metal Paint: Oceanmax
- Interior Paint: International (Ivory)
- Exterior Paint: International (White)
- Exterior Paint, Aluminum Parts: AWL Craft (White)
- Nonskid Paint: AWL Grip (Moondust)
- 2016 AB-15VSTw/ 70hp Yamaha 4 stroke 120 hours
- Garmin chartplotter
- Integral fuel tank
- Full cover
- Electric Cook top: Miele
- Microwave: Miele
- Microwave at Cuddy Cabin: Sharp
- Dishwasher: Miele
- Refrigerator: Subzero
- Freezer: Subzero
- Fridge & Freezer: Subzero
- Salon Ice Maker: U-Line
- Flybridge Ice Maker: U-Line
- Galley Sink: Alcor System
- Cockpit & Flybridge Speakers: Fusion
- Cockpit Stereo Marine Wire Remote: Fusion
- Salon Stereo Media Center: Bose
- Subwoofer: Bose
- Salon Speaker: Bose
- Salon TV Lift: Venset A/S
- Salon TV: Samsung
- Master Cabin LED TV: Samsung
- Cuddy Cabin LED TV: Samsung
- Cuddy Cabin TV Receiver: Directv
- Satellite TV: KVH
- Satellite TV Receiver: KVN
Owners' personal belongings. A complete list will be provided upon request.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Grand Banks Yachts, LTD
55 Eastbay FB
Unknown, United States