2016 Seawind 1160 Deluxe
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Welcome aboard the Seawind 1160 Deluxe, blue water cruising catamaran. One of the world’s most awarded cruising and charter catamarans. With over 100 hulls now built, the Seawind 1160 has won numerous awards including:
- Most Innovative Sailboat (Cruising World Magazine 2007)
- Best Multihull Cruiser (Cruising World Magazine 2007)
- Best Sailboat of the Newport Boat Show, RI – USA (2006)
- Best Australian Consumer Product (Endeavour Manufacturing Awards 2007)
- Australian Sailboat of the Year (AIMIF 2005)
- Nominated for Top Ten Boats of the Year (SAIL Magazine 2007)
The Seawind 1160 Deluxe creatively blends key concepts of other popular Seawind models to create a design that successfully combines the huge living space and allround visibility of the Seawind 1000, with the sleeping accommodation, luxurious fitout and security of the lockable Saloon featured on the Seawind 1200. Thanks to the innovative TRIFOLDING DOOR system that converts the separate saloon and cockpit separated by a door, into a huge living and entertaining space with the doors folding and stowing away into the targa above.
Since its launch, the 38ft Seawind 1160 catamaran has won a huge array of awards internationally, including “Best Multihull” Cruising World Mag 2007, “Most Innovative” Cruising World 2007, “Best Sailboat” Newport Boat Show 2006, the 2005 Australian Sailboat of the Year and many others. Over 100 Seawind 1160s have been sold all around the world due to its superior use of space and outstanding performance attributes.
Seawind owners have sailed across the Pacific ocean from Australia to Alaska, via New Zealand, Tahiti and Hawaii, while other owners have cruised through SE Asia. You will also find the Seawind 1160 catamaran is a favorite in bareboat charter fleets in Australia and Thailand, yet also equally as popular as a weekender on harbors all around the world. It’s this versatility combined with superior workmanship and quality that define the Seawind 1160.
The Seawind 1160 Deluxe also features:
- Resin infusion construction with hull in Vinylester resin
- Fully moulded carbon forebeam for stiffness
- Dual helm for maximum control
- Self tacking jib
- Extended hardtop area
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 7 in
Dry Weight: 315400 lbs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 2x Yanmar 29 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (185 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (95 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
- Aluminium Hatches & portholes (9 in total)
- 4 x Forward Hatches 470mm x 470mm
- 2 x Mid cabin hatches 470mm x 470mm
- 1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- 1 x Galley window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- 1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 507mm x 377mm
- Fibreglass Deck Hatches:
- Forward anchor & storage hatches x 5
- Cockpit storage hatches x 2
- 6 x Docking cleats. Each side : bow, stern & amidships.
- 1 x Heavy duty mooring cleat on forward walkway.
- Ventilation: 2 x forward cabin hatch vents.
- Mast base turning blocks. All halyards & sail controls to cockpit.
- 12 x Rope clutches.
- Sheet winches : 2 x 46ST – 2 speed self tailing & 2 x 40ST – 2 speed self tailing.
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 700mm high to meet Australian/CE survey requirements.
- 2 x transom access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 2 x side access gates with pelican hook releases.
- Aft swim ladder: folding stainless aft swim ladder.
- Clear anodised aluminium mast and boom. Single Spreader, 7/8 rig.
- Standing Rigging
- Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
- Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire
- Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
- Main halyard: 12 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
- Genoa halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
- Topping lift: 10 mm rope, Heavy duty shackle.
- Spinnaker Halyard: 10mm rope with snap-shackle spliced to end.
- Boom outhaul.
- 2 x mainsail single line reefing fitted.
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches.
- Fully battened mainsail. Triple stitched reinforced construction. Leach adjustable batten end caps. Fibreglass sail battens + batten cars.
- Cruising mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Self-tacking headsail with furler. Curved headsail traveller track with end stops. Control sheet to cockpit.
- New Lightweight interior design.
- New Floors: synthetic timber flooring.
- Sides and cabin top lined with vinyl or moulded gelcoat.
- Ornate polished timber dining table: Lowers to create coffee table or double bed.
- Upholstered settee.
- Cocktail cabinet with ornate polished hinging lid.
- Forward opening windows with in marine ocean hatch frame. Side windows in 6mm toughened glass.
- Saloon / cockpit doors: Moulded gelcoat tri-fold doors. Complete with folding mechanism for folding into Targa walkway.
- Removable aluminium framed, helm hatches.
- Window Cabinets at helm station
- Polished timber solid doors on all private cabins.
- Port & Starboard fwd cabins : Each queen sized bed (2050mm x 1540mm)
- Aft Starboard cabin : Double bed (1990mm x 1230mm)
- Mattresses to be 150mm ( 6” ) foam upholstered.
- Cabins lined.
- Recessed 12volt lighting.
- Polished timber solid lockable door.
- Manual toilet. Discharge via holding tank.
- Holding tanks built in. Discharge Pump out by shore station or directly overboard. Port 130L and Stb 110L.
- Pipes, skin fittings and sea-cocks are easily accessible and to meet survey requirements.
- Vanity basin with pressure hot & cold water.
- Separate shower stall with clear glass door. Wall mounted shower head & mixer tap.
- Electric shower bilge pump with direct overboard discharge.
- Large quantity cupboards / shelves to very high quality.
- Polished timber solid lockable door.
- Manual toilet. Discharge via holding tank.
- Holding tank built in. Discharge Pump out by shore station or directly overboard.
- Pipes, skin fittings and seacocks to be easily accessible and to meet survey requirements.
- Vanity basin with pressure hot & cold water. Shower head and basin mixer tap with electric shower bilge pump.
- Cupboard/shelves to very high quality
- Spacious galley with co-ordinated Polystone counter surfaces, timber accents.
- Three (3 ) burner LPG stove & oven. Stainless steel pot holders. Flame failure device to shut off LPG immediately in event of flame going out.
- Double bowl stainless steel sink.
- Pressure hot & cold fresh water system. Single lever mixing tap.
- Refrigerator: Front opening upright fridge 130 litres.
- Spacious freezer – large 60 litre top loading, heavily insulated. 12volt Eutectic system by ICEER.
- Under bench storage with polished timber door fronts & cutlery drawers.
- Inboard side of galley: Over-bench cupboard with sliding door fronts.
- Trash bin, paper towel holder.
- LPG solenoid control in galley.
- Twin Yanmar 30hp saildrive diesel engines. Fresh water cooling, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fibreglass bed with integral oil drip pan.
- Two bladed fixed propellers.
- Dual engine controls at port helm station. Remote electric key start at engine controls.
- Fuel tanks: Total 360 litres (80 gallons) in two survey approved pressure tested aluminium tanks. Fuel gauges fitted.
- Water intakes for engines protected by external strainer. ( 1 per engine)
- Twin primary Racor ( or similar) water separator / fuel filters, secondary engine fuel filters. Engine, fuel tank & fuel line installation to Australian standards to meet offshore survey.
- Console mounted engine instruments with electric tachometers, engine monitoring & warning systems, engine hour meters.
- High quality DC electrical switch panel with circuit breakers, LED indicator lights and voltage display.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use of heat sealed connectors..
- Batteries x 3 comprising: House System (400 amp hrs) : 2 x 200 amp hr AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) deep cycle / heavy duty batteries. One engine cranking battery – 700 CCA AGM.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- 12 V lighting : Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights throughout including recessed lights in cockpit. Dome lights in cockpit.
- 4 x 12V Outlets.
- Survey approved navigation lights. Port & Starboard mounted on bow rails.
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreaders.
- Mast head anchor / riding light.
- New Additional mood lighting in saloon.
- Twin steering compasses.
- DSC VHF radio.
- Tridata with speed/depth/wind transducer