2015 King Marine Botin 65
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 1,500,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 1,787,400)
A very lightly used Botin 65, she has been well cared for and is extremely highly specified for all styles of racing and fast cruising. Offered for a fraction of the build cost.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: King Marine, Spain
Designer: Stas Trasevskii, Russia
LOA: 65 ft 7 in
Beam: 17 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Displacement: 16700 kgs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
Number of single berths: 12
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
The 65-foot sailing yacht BOTIN 65 is a truly unique racing yacht with a functional, stylish interior. She was built by Spanish shipyard King Marine and launched at the end of 2015. There was no expense spared in building this magnificent racer, from her design and construction to the addition of B&G Electronics, VMG, Cariboni Carbon, Aramare Ropes, Southern Spars and much more. During the winter of 2015, HIGH SPIRIT was prepared for regattas and the mast configuration, rigging set up and sails were optimised.
She was originally conceived as a 65-foot performance racer/cruiser. She was based upon the a successful project of another sailing yacht, designed by Spanish studio Botin Partners, the well-known by a large number of successful projects such as the yacht for the team PUMA, second in the Volvo Ocean Race 2008 and CAMPER / ETNZ, also second in the Volvo Ocean Race 2011.
In the fight against "overweight" it was decided to abandon the two aft cabins with en-suite bathrooms and double bed, air conditioning system, bow thrusters, and also the galley has been reduced to a racing minimum. After a long time of comparative analysis and consultation, the choice of mast was made in favor of Southern Spars. Sails from North Sails, using the most advanced 3Di, which increases the sails lifetime up to 50%. All hydraulic equipment was produced by Cariboni, which makes the most advanced and high-quality hydraulics for Volvo Ocean Race boats. Automation has been kept to a minimum, emphasis was placed on maximum efficiency in the management of rigging and sails in ocean racing. The yacht complies maritime special rules ISAF (Category 1) and able to participate in such races as: Rolex Middle Sea Race, Rolex Fastnet Race, Rolex Sydney Hobart Race, RORC Transatlantic Race, RORC Caribbean 600, Giraglia Rolex Cup, Rolex China Sea Race, Newport Bermuda Race and many other famous regattas.
The Construction contract was signed in April 2014, when the King Marine shipyard has been selected on the basis of a tender among the six shipyards, specialized in the construction of racing sailing yachts: Greenmarine (England), Knierim (Germany), McConaghy (Australia), New England Boat Works (United States), Yachting Development (New Zealand), King Marine (Spain). King Marine shipyard is well known in the yachting world thanks to its successful projects, such as yachts for teams VOR70 TELEFONICA BLUE and VOR70 TELEFONICA, has successfully performed in the Volvo Ocean Race 2008/2009 and 2011/2012, two boats for the team AC 72 ARTEMIS RACING that competed in the America's Cup, as well as yacht TP 52 PHOENIX, who took second place in 2014.
The hull of the yacht is made of composite materials. Carbon fibre used in the primary shell of the hull, with a Nomex core. The deck is made also with a Nomex core. The yacht was built with materials - prepreg and vacuum-encapsulated laminate. Carbon is used in main structural components, such as plate chains and other areas with high loads. The interior of the yacht is a highlight, as the owner invited talented Russian professional interior designer Stas Tratsevskii, to design something special.
During winter 2016 the yacht passed intensive preparation for races, including the mast configuration and rigging setup, optimization of sail control process, making new sails chart, etc. When reaching at 25-27 knots boat picks up speed to 20-22. To summarise all that is mentioned above, the 65-foot sailing yacht BOTIN 65 is a truly unique symbiosis of a 100% racing yacht with a functional, yet stylishly designed interior that can confidently claim to be a new standard in the world of race-cruisers in the range of 60-70 feet.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull and deck in epoxy prepreg carbon fibre with NOMEX core. Female mould.
- Superstructure in epoxy prepreg carbon fibre with NOMEX core.
- Teak deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydraulic lifting keel.
- Emergency Tiller.
- Spare Rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta 110 HP.
- 750 Amp Mastervolt batteries.
- Volvo Penta 40 HP.
- Individual USB sockets, fans, reading lights on each berth.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Water Heating system.
- Watermaker SCHENKER Smart 60 Digital 60l/h.
- 2 x 110 l.
- 2 x 100 l added delivery tanks.
- 1 x 80 l daily tank.
- 2 x 120 l.
- B&G H5000 Hercules processor.
- H5000 CPU UNLOCK CODE HERC TO PERF.
- B&G H5000 3D Motion Sensor.
- B&G H5000 Analogue Expansion Module.
- B&G H5000 Serial Expansion Module.
- FLEX6-D2L-00G-0TR GPS L1/L2 plus, GLONASS L1/L2.
- GPS-702-GG L1/L2, GPS + GLONASS, kinematic, zero-offset antenna.
- GPS, 01018649 FlexPak6 breakout cable.
- B&G H5000 Graphic display.
- Display / B&G H5000 Race display x 2.
- Display / 30/30HV DISPLAY PACK, TRITON/H50000 x 5.
- 10/10HV display pack for H5000.
- GPS-HEADING / Airmar GH2183 GPS and Heading Sensor.
- NMEA 0183 15M CABLE NC.
- Furuno Integrated heading sensor.
- HEADING, HEEL, TRIM / B&G Halcyon Gyro Stabilised Compass.
- HGSC Cable.
- CS4500 Housing P17 Junction bon & Power Cable.
- SPEED / H3000 Speed Sensor Plastic Flush.
- DEPTH / DT800, Plastic , 2m cabl., NO SPD Connection.
- LOAD CELL / Load Cell Amplifier.
- LOAD CELL / Custom Load Cell Pin.
- RUDDER / Cable Transducer SP2-25.
- WIND / B&G VMHU 1450mm Ocean.
- Wind spare / B&G 213 MHU Pack.
- Chart Plotter / B&G Zeus².
- Barometric / h5000 Barometric pressure sensor.
- Professional Grade Waterproof Ultrabright LED Computer Monitor x 2 (steering pedestal).
- Alarm / H5000, Audible Alarm Module.
- Radar / Broadband 4G Radar.
- AIS / B&G Nais 400 System Class B-AIS w/GPS Ant.
- Actisense NMEA MUX.
- VHF Radio / V50 VHF Marine Radio, with AIS and DSC. NMEA2000.
- Handset / B&G H50 VHF Wireless Handset.
- Antenna / VHF Heliflex Antenna.
- AIS Squatty Body®.
- Splitter / B&G NSPL-400 Vhf Antenna Splitter Satellite.
- Satellite KVH TracPhone V3 IP.
- Satellite KVH FBB 150.
- Phone / Iridium Extreme Phone x 2.
- Switch / Shakespeare antenna manual switch.
- Rudder / RF25N Rudder Feedback Unit.
- Processor / B&G H5000 Autopilot computer.
- Controller / B&G H5000 Autopilot controller.
- Raymarine Tipe 2- 24V Long.
- WIFI / B&G GoFree Wireless Module.
- PC / IPC2 i7 Barebone x 2 (1xNavigation, 1xMedia).
- PC monitor 23”.
- 4G, WIFI, ETHERNET / 4G Wireless Router.
- ETHERNET SWITCH / Industrial Ethernet Switch.
- USB HUB / 7 ports Usb Hub.
- Access Point / High Power Access Point.
- Cmap / Cmap charts.
- Navionics / Navionics platinum plus Megawide Maditerranean area.
- Nav Software / Expedition.
- Nav Software / Maxea Time Zero + Modules.
- Radio / Simrad Sonic Hub.
- dock / UNI-Dock para SonicHub® de Simrad.
- 2MP top mast fixed IP Camera.
- 5MP H,264 mini fixed rugged IP Camera x 3 (2 on spreaders, 1 on Radar).
- 5MP H.264 IR ultra bullet IP camera (stern).
- Freezer/refrigerator WAECO x 2.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air Heating system WEBASTO with pipes (port and starboard) x 2.
- Hidden LED Light RED/WHITE.
- Southern Spars High Modulus Mast Tube “TPT” with Deflectors. Adjustable Rake.
- Southern Spars Hybrid truss wing boom.
- Deck hardware HARKEN.
- Dual System of hydraulic drive – generator and batteries.
- Furler -Jib, 1, Hydraulic.
- Forestay, 1, Hydraulic.
- Jib Cunningham, 1, Hydraulic.
- J 4 inner forestay, 1, Hydraulic.
- Jib in/out, 2, Hydraulic.
- Jib up/down, 2, Hydraulic.
- Vang, 1, Hydraulic.
- Main Traveller control, 1, Hydraulic, under deck.
- Main Cunningham, 1, Hydraulic.
- Main Outhaul, 1, Hydraulic.
- Winches Primary, 2, Harken 990.3 AD BS HY AAC (Hydraulic).
- Winches Pit, 2, Harken 990.3 FD HY AAC (Hydraulic).
- Winch Mainsheet, 1, Harken 990.3 AD BS HY AAC (Hydraulic).
- Deflectors, 1, Hydraulic.
- Lifting Keel, 1, Hydraulic.
Sails (North Sails):
- Square Top Offshore Mainsail 3Di 780 (Dyneema/Carbon) 26,000 Dpi.
- Square Top Mainsail 3Di 870 (Carbon/Dyneema) 26,000 Dpi.
- Square Top Delivery Mainsail Dyneema SRP SRP105.
- Storm Trysail Dyneema SRP SRP95.
- Jib Light/Medium 3Di 870 (Carbon/Dyneema) 23,800 Dpi.
- Jib Medium/Heavy 3Di 870 (Carbon/Dyneema) 26,000 Dpi.
- Jib 3 3Di 870 (Carbon/Dyneema) 26,000 Dpi.
- Furling J-4 w/ Battens 3Di 780 (Dyneema/Carbon) 26,000 Dpi.
- Storm Jib Dyneema SRP SRP95.
- Furling Jib Dyneema SRP SRP105.
- A1.5 Asymmetric SuperLite/Kote SK 80 CTDR.
- A2 Asymmetric SuperLite/Kote SK 80 CTDR.
- A3 Asymmetric Aramid Laminate T1 CZ 90 DP.
- A0 Asymmetric Cuben Downwind CN13FC5.
- A5 Asymmetric Aramid Laminate T1 CZ 90 GP DP.
- Spinnaker Staysail Aramid Laminate T1 CZ 60 DP.
- Dry locker (port and starboard).
- CONTAINER 40” with Shelves, Lockers, work places and large set of tools.
- Set of CRADLES to store the boat on shore.
- Full set of survival equipment according ISAF Offshore Special Regulations, inc. life raft VIKING x 3 (6 people each).
- JONBUOY MOB x 2.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon International
Muskegon, MI, United States
Newport, RI, United States
TP52 TP 52
Reichel/Pugh 52 Custom
Cape Town, South Africa
Whitbread Maxi 81