2015 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409
- 360° Photo
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Woolverstone, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 170,000 (US$ 223,346)
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 is an easily sailed, stylish modern cruiser. This example has the shallow keel with the three double cabin and two heads layout. 'Star Charger' was supplied by Clarke & Carter to her current owners. She is an excellent example has been carefully used and well maintained from new and is presented for sale with a very high specification including Coppercoat, bow thruster, heating and cockpit enclosure.
Viewing by appointment only through our Burnham Office 01621 785600.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Philippe Briand
LOA: 40 ft 5 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 36 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Displacement: 7860 kgs
Ballast: 3145 kgs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2015
Engine Model: 3JH5-CE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (330 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Plastic (200 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (80 Liters)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
The layout offers six berths in three double sleeping cabins separate from the main accommodation. There is full standing headroom throughout.
Forepeak: Large double berth with water tank and stowage under. Hanging locker. Opening hatch to foredeck. En-suite heads compartment with Brydon marine toilet, shower and washbasin.
Saloon: Large dinette to starboard with folding "De Luxe" saloon table. Twin seats opposite saloon table with chart table between, with 12v and 220v switch panel. Fusion IP700i (with bluetooth and Unidock) radio/DVD player with saloon and cockpit speakers.
Galley: Eno two burner gimballed gas cooker with grill and oven. Twin stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressurised water system. Glass splashback. 330 litres freshwater capacity. Water filter to cold supply to galley. Large 185 litre 12v refrigerator.
Separate heads compartment to port with Brydon marine toilet, shower and washbasin. Shower screen. 80 litre holding tank.
Twin aft cabins with double berths and hanging lockers. Lee cloths to aft cabin berths.
All sleeping berths have foam mattress toppers and fitted Egyptian cotton sheets.
Eberspacher diesel fired hot air central heating. Shades and screens to hatches and portlights. Curtains. Light oak laminate floorboards.
Yanmar 3JH5-CE, three cylinder, 40hp diesel engine, located behind companionway steps. Sail drive to three bladed Bruntons folding propeller. Electric start. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Single lever control. 200 litres fuel capacity in plastic tank giving approximately 350 miles range at 6.5 knots cruising speed. Maximum speed under power 8 knots.
Quick bow thruster in tunnel with two dedicated batteries.
- Dedicated 12v, 110ah engine start battery
- 4 x 12v, 110ah domestic batteries
- 2 x 12 volt, 50ah bow thruster batteries batteries
- 125 amp alternator charging
- 220v shorepower with UK sockets
- 60 amp battery charger
- 220v immersion heater
- Merlin SmartGauge battery monitor
Spars and Sails
Masthead rigged sloop. Anodised aluminium mast and boom. Stainless steel standing rigging. Backstay adjuster. Terylene running rigging. Two Harken 40.2 self-tailing halyard winches on coachroof. Two Harken 46.2 self-tailing sheet winches. Single line slab reefing mainsail with lazyjacks. Facnor headsail furling system. Rod kicker. Lines led aft to cockpit with Spinlock clutches. Additional adjustable Harken genoa sheet tracks on side decks. Spinnaker pole stowed on mast. Full spinnaker flying rigging including 1:1 and 2:1 halyards, sheets and guys.
- Mainsail - Technique Voile - 2015 - very good
- Furling genoa - Technique Voile - 2015 - very good
- Fully battened mainsail - Dolphin- 2018 - excellent
- Delta anchor with 50m chain
- Quick 1000W electric anchor windlass
- Twin bow rollers and self-draining anchor stowage locker
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardwires with gates
- Coachroof grabrails
- Mainsail cover (Sunbrella Taupe) with lazyjacks
- Sprayhood (WeatherMax Taupe)
- Cockpit table cover (WeatherMax Taupe)
- Wheel covers (WeatherMax Taupe)
- Full cockpit enclosure (WeatherMax Taupe)
- Genoa cover
- Full deck winter cover
- Outboard bracket on pushpit
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Various warps and fenders
- Twin Plastimo steering compasses
- B&G Triton depth, boat speed and log, windspeed and direction with display heads at helms and forward cockpit bulkhead
- B&G V50 DSC VHF radio with wireless remote unit and AIS receiver
- B&G Zeus³ 9" touchscreen chart plotter in Scanstrut pod on cockpit table
- B&G wifi router
- B&G autopilot
- Masthead and deck level LED navigation lights
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Webbing jackstays
- Cockpit harness attachment points
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- 2 x fire extinguishers
Built in 2015 by Jeanneau to a design by Philippe Briand. Underwater hull epoxied and then Coppercoated from new. White GRP hull with 'champagne' style stripes and cove line. White GRP superstructure with moulded non-slip surface to deck. Shoal draft fin keel. Twin wheel steering to single spade hung rudder. Aft self draining cockpit. Midship cleats. Teak laid cockpit seating and cockpit floor. Teak toe rails. Fold down swim platform with swim ladder.
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Other Boats from Clarke & Carter Interyacht Ltd.
Sun Odyssey 43 DS
Sun Fast 3200