2014 Italia Italia Yachts 15.98
- View Full Specifications
4-cabin, 2-heads Italia 15.98
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Chioggia, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 580,000 Tax Paid (US$ 652,326)
Unique available brokerage example of the award-winning Italia 15.98, the only built with 4-cabin, 2-heads layout, complete with B&G instrument pack, full optioned, lightly used, ready to sail.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
MIND THE GAP was launched in 2014. Highlights of her specification include:
- Teak deck, cockpit flooring and seating
- Hull epoxy primer
- 2.90m draft T-keel
- Jefa steering with composite twin helm wheels
- German mainsheet system
- Stackpack and lazyjacks
- B&G instrument package with Zeus plotter
- 3x B&G 20x20 H5000 Displays at the mast
- VHF with DSC and AIS
- 4-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
- Traditional filled-grain teak interior joinery
- Electric winch
- Water maker
- AGM batteries (with one extra battery)
- Electric stern platform
- Spray hood
Designed to cover long distances. In the design of Italia 15.98 the tradition of the great ocean going fast cruisers is reborn and updated to the latest hydrodynamics. “True Bluewater” best describes Italia 15.98, conceived to cruise long distances, combining performance, comfort and timeless style, with the guarantee of safe arrival even under the harshest conditions.
Italia 15.98 is a project by Matteo Polli, Italia Yachts chief designer, in collaboration with the yacht designer Tommaso Spadolini. It is a complete all-round boat with the performance you would expect from a fast cruiser. Seagoing boat behaviour, yet classic and original lines.
Italia 15.98 is design to let you live well on board while sailing. Development of the excellent hull that characterizes the smaller sister Italia 13.98, Italia 15.98 earns the internal hull volume and livebility on deck without substantially increasing the wet surface.
The hull has flared sections with knee high and deep deadrise at the bow. The shape allows a variable stern waterline length, limited with low wind, stretches dynamically with increasing speed. Very cared are the aspects related to comfort at sea, with careful study on the longitudinal trim and symmetry of the volumes while heeled as well as in the concentration of the weights as much as possible to limit the tendency to pitch.
About construction quality. The hull and deck are made of sandwich with biaxial and unidirectional glass fabrics impregnated with vinylester resin. In the central part of the boat the structure consists of a grid of galvanized steel stringers and floors, to ensure a high resistance to concentrated loads. The structural frame is designed to constitute a closed structural ring, able to distribute in an optimal manner efforts on the hull and deck and to withstand the large loads from the keel, mast and rigging.
From supercars and pointy shoes to novel pasta shapes, Italian design is lauded the world over. But it can lack practicality – there’s no room for the kids in a Ferrari, Gucci heels are terrible off-road and linguine simply translates to sauce on your shirt. This new Italia Yachts model is as true to this generalisation as it is to its patriotic name.
This is a sexy design that sails as beautifully as she looks and is soundly built. But, by trying to offer something for everyone, Italia Yachts has introduced a problem whereby, in the Italian way, aesthetics have won over practicality. Cockpit benches are totally inadequate for protection and, in an effort to be simple, the cockpit layout is too complicated for a typical cruising couple.
So the question is: how important is an aft cabin? If only Italia had made the coamings higher, the best of both worlds might still be available. But like driving an Alfa or wearing a sharp Italian suit, this yacht is more about how it makes you feel.
The 15.98 is designed to encourage yachtsmen to spend more time at the wheel when sailing offshore. If you are searching for a yacht with looks and performance that can take you long distance and don’t mind sacrificing a bit of cockpit comfort, she’s extremely hard to beat.
Toby Hodges, Yachting World
- The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
- Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
- Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
- A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
- Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat
- Teak laid side decks, cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade made of Weldox 700 and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
- The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of aluminum. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D2-75 4-cylinder 45hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
- Saildrive gearbox
- Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
- Engine hours – approx. 550 as of December 2019
Propulsion & Steering:
- GORI 3-bladed folding propeller with overdrive
- Twin wheel Jefa steering system with composite 100cm helm wheels.
- 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower or generator
- 6x 24vDC 130Ah maintenance free services batteries
- 1x 12vDC 70Ah engine crank battery
- 1x 12vDC generator crank battery
- Onan 3,5kw generator
- 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator with built-in charging sensor
- Mastervolt 24vDC with 230V Socket
- 220vAC 80Ah battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised fresh water supply via 24vDC pressure pump
- Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 50 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
- 2x Electric bilge pumps (keel sump and engine room)
- Each shower has its evacuation pump
- 1x manual bilge pump
- 600 litres total fuel capacity in 2 stainless steel tanks
- Approx. 700 litres fresh water capacity in 2 stainless steel tanks with level gauge
- 2x 15 litre black water holding tanks
- Spectra Newport 400 mkii 60l/h water maker
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- 2x B&G Zeus 9’ colour GPS chart plotter with integrated WiFi
- B&G Triton autopilot
- 4x B&G Triton Mk1 multi-displays in cockpit with wind, speed and depth transducers
- 2x Steering compasses in cockpit
- B&G Radar 4G
- B&G V50 VHF with AIS
- Three-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
- Double inox sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
- Formica counter tops and sink cover
- 24vDC 140 litres top loading refrigerator with drain valve
- 24vDC 140 litres front opening refrigerator
- Manual marine toilet
- Electric TECMA marine toilet aft
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
- Hi-fi with internal speakers
- Waterproof exterior speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 8 berths in four cabins, two large double aft cabins, port side bunk beds cabin and forward master cabin with head. Occasional berth on saloon settee.
- The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
- This particular example features teak interiors
- The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
- Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminium to increase resistance to hard usage.
- Aluminium anodised spars
- Keel-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
- Three sets of swept-back spreaders
- 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
- German mainsheet system
- Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
- All control lines led aft to companionway
- Hydraulic backstay
- Dyneema halyards and sheets
- Recessed under the deck furling jib
- Lazy Jacks
- Lazy bag
- 4x Harken Performa 2-speed electric self-tailing winches
- All sails from One Sails:
- Triradial full batten main with one reef
- Triradial furling Jib
- Upwind sail area: 176 sqm
- Downwind sail area: 320 sqm
- Stainless steel twin guardwires and stanchions
- Open-front stainless steel pulpit and split pushpits
- Cockpit shower
- Folding bathing ladder
- Electric folding transom
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC 500w Lofrans electric anchor windlass
- 25Kg Delta anchor with 50 m chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit canvas
- Cockpit foldable teak table
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying: Chioggia, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Lead Broker: Michele Antonini – Grabau International (Italia)
Tel: +39 333 74 89 281 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Italia Yachts
Designer: M. Polli / Studio Spadolini
Flag of Registry: Italy
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 16.60 m
Beam: 4.85 m
LWL: 14.0 m
Minimum Draft: 2.90 m
Maximum Draft: 2.90 m
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2014
Engine Model: D2-75
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 550
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (700 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (600 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 2 (15 Liters)
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
Italia Yachts 13.98
Italia Yachts 12.98
Italia yachts 10.98
Italia Yachts 9.98 Club