2014 Catalina 445 #89
- View Full Specifications
Loaded With Options!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 309,990
THIS BOAT IS READY TO GO CRUISING NOW!
The current owners have just returned from cruising the Bahamas. Seriously, all you need to do is stow your personal gear on board and sail away.
This Catalina 445 is loaded with options and well-maintained! If you're looking for an project boat, R&R is NOT the boat for you.
Marine Air Conditioning/Heat (2 Units)
6 kw Generator 395 hr on 4/30/20
Yanmar 4JH5E 54 hp 1380 hrs on 4/30/20
Bow Thruster 6.5 hp
In-Mast Furling & Furling Genoa
Electric Mainsail/Mainsheet Winch
Electric Anchor Windlass
Nice Raymarine Electronics including Radar, Autopilot, Multi-Function Display w/RealVision 3D, VHF w/Cockpit Mic & More
AIS 700 Class B & ACR Costal Fix EPIRB
(2) E-Marine Systems Solartech Universal 285 Watt Solar Panels w/Victron MPPT Solar Charge Controller
Atlantic Towers Arch w/6:1 Selden Dinghy Lifting Tackle w/Separate One for Outboard
Durable and Comfortable Seadek Installed in Cockpit (2019)
Bimini w/Side Panels & Dodger
Wing Keel w/ 5 ft. Draft
Vessel is just back for Bahama trip and lying in St Pete FL
All service work was just performed upon getting back
And MUCH, MUCH More!!
The Catalina 445 is a sleek, comfortable and fast cruiser with a versatile interior layout! The listing broker sold this vessel new and assisted in the ordering and commissioning when new and named Max Mare. Max was locally kept and sailed here in Kemah TX which is not a full on salt water environment. In Sept of 2016 the current owner purchased Max Mare and renamed her R&R, adding extended cruising equipment and headed out to Florida and the Bahama's. This boat has always been owned by an LLC and will be included in the sale, if desired by the buyer.
Catalina incorporates crisp, contemporary styling with proportions and features that make their designs comfortable and secure underway and on the hook.
The hull form is optimized to provide the gentle, predictable motion underway, which is so appreciated in other Catalina models. The deck is strikingly handsome with a low profile cabin structure, twin helm stations and a roomy cockpit with tall, secure coamings, a cockpit table that comfortably seats 4-6 and custom Seadek surfaces.
The owner's cabin is forward for privacy and optimum ventilation. There is private head access from the forward cabin along with an electric toilet and separate shower. The guest cabin is aft with a large comfortable double berth, angled for easy access and greater headroom. This design incorporates an innovative Flex cabin on the port side. This cabin is a versatile space that can easily be converted to whatever your cruising style dictates at the time, whether it be sleeping quarters, storage or a work room with a bench. The galley has the storage and features needed for extended cruising, including front and top loading refrigeration as well as custom storage for cookware.
R&R is an exceptionally clean boat and well-equipped to take you anywhere you want to go. The owner of R&R has dutifully kept up with the maintenance and cosmetics for this Catalina.
If you are looking for a boat truly in "Ready To Cruise” condition, this is your opportunity! Call the LISTING BROKER today for appointment to view this NICE vessel!
Contact Capt Rick Weiler, a lifetime of experience you can count on. Call 832-738-6251 CaptRickWeiler.com. With over 50 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Please contact the listing Broker
Capt. Rick Weiler CPYB
Office 281-334-6500 Be sure to ask for Capt Rick
Please contact Capt Rick Weiler at (832) 738-6251
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 44 ft 5 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
LWL: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Ballast: 7200 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 24500 lbs
Total Power: 54 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2015
Engine Model: 4JH5E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1380
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 54 HP
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (179 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (66 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (54 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The spacious, versatile and comfortable interior layout of is perfect to use as a live-a-board, for cruising with family and friends and for a couple who is ready to set off on a sailing adventure.
Starting forward, the master stateroom is large with a centerline double berth. The head of the berth can be raised up for reading in bed or watching TV. Storage, light and ventilation are plentiful in this well laid-out cabin. There is private access to a large, port-side head with an electric toilet and a separate shower with seat.
Moving aft into the salon, there are two starboard side seats with a small cocktail/game table between them which can be lowered to form a single berth or settee. A large, U-shaped settee with a dining table is directly across from the seats. The large dining table folds to cocktail size and also lowers to form an extra double berth. In addition, there is abundant storage below all the main cabin seating.
Continuing aft on the starboard side, you will find a nav station with a forward facing chart table. The table is designed to accommodate a P.C. and has drawers and a file drawer below. Directly aft of the nav station is the guest head which has dual entrances from both the salon and the aft guest stateroom. It is also conveniently located next to the companionway stairs for easy access from the cockpit.
Just aft of the guest head is the large, guest cabin. This cabin has a double berth which is angled to provide increased headroom, ventilation and storage space.
Back in the salon, there is a spacious L-shaped galley on the port side of the companionway stairs. Just aft of the galley is an innovative cabin on the port side. This is a flexible space that can easily be converted to meet your cruising needs without tools or additional parts. The cabin can be used as an additional guest cabin with either a double berth or upper and lower singles. When not needed for guests, it can be converted to a locker with work bench and storage bins. It’s also a perfect place to add an icemaker!
- Teak Interior
- Upgraded Ultra Leather Upholstery
- Inner Spring Mattresses on Fore & Aft Berths w/Custom Fitted Sheets
- LED Interior Lighting
- Main Salon Features Large, Convertible Dinette w/Gloss Finished Dining Table to Port and Settee Seating to Starboard
- Owner’s Stateroom Forward Features Large Double Berth, Abundant Storage and Ensuite Head with Separate Shower
- Guest Stateroom Aft on Starboard Features Large Double Berth, Hanging Locker and Private Access to Head
The spacious, L-shaped galley has the storage and features needed for extended cruising. Special attention is paid to storage, such as the pantry with vinyl coated wire racks and special lockers for canned goods, bottles, dishes and cookware. There is an additional freezer unit located in the top loading insulated compartment. More details include:
- Front Loading Refrigeration, DC Powered with Freezer Compartment
- Top Loading Refrigeration/Freezer
- Polished Double Stainless Steel Sinks
- Single Lever Faucet with Pull-Out Sprayer
- Large Storage Cabinets over Galley
- Large Storage Lockers w/Drawers & Bins
- Princess Gourmet II Gimbaled, Stainless Steel, 3-Burner LPG Stove w/Oven, Oven Hood, Light & Vent
- Princess Exhaust Hood
- Multi-Drawer Bank with Utensil Storage Rack
- Frigidaire Microwave Oven, AC Powered
- Raymarine HD radar
- Raymarine VHF
- ACR Coastal Fix EPIRB
- Fusion stereo system with cd changer with interior and exterior speakers
- Fusion controls integrated into the Raymarine MFD Samsung 32 inch LED flat screen TV
- Bose interior speakers
New electronic equipment 9/2019:
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 12 RVX MFD w/RealVision 3D
- Raymarine P70s Autopilot Control Head
- Raymarine EV-400 Sail Evolution Autopilot
- Raymarine I70S System Pack: Wind/Speed/Depth
- AIS 700 Class B
Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing
R&R is set-up for cruising comfortably! Her solar panels provide a total of 570 Watts, which is approximately double the capacity of most other boats on the market. This means that by mid-day while cruising, the energy levels in the batteries are topped off from the previous night and they will be able to easily keep up with electronics, refrigeration and more on solar power alone! The 6kw generator offers more electrical power when needed.
- Generator 6kw Panda 395 hrs 4/30/20
- (2) Air Conditioning Units, Reverse Cycle Heat, 16,000 BTU
- Bow Thruster, 6.5 HP Lewmar
- (3) 8D Batteries (December 2018)
- Separate engine and generator starting battery (which was an option for this model)
- Two E-Marine Systems Solartech Universal 285 watt solar panels with Victron MPPT Solar Charge Controller
- Victron BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor
- Victron Multi Plus Compact 12/2000/80 inverter/charger
- Rule high water alarm
- Spare fresh water pump
- PYI Dripless shaft seal installed (October 2018)
- Spare fuel pump
- Spares for engine
- (2) Aluminum LPG storage tanks
- Original 40 Amp Battery Charger, Multi-Bank Automatic as Back-Up
- Pressure Water Distribution System with Filter at Pump and Tank Selection Valves for (3) Tanks
- 11 Gallon Hot Water Heater with Engine Heat Exchanger and 110V Electric Heating Element
- (2) Electric Macerating Heads with Holding Tanks and Deck and Thru-Hull Outlets
- Electric Bilge Pump with Float Switch
Cockpit, Deck & Hull
Catalina leads sail controls to the cabin top is the same configuration on all the boats in the line. If you are familiar with the rigging on one Catalina model, you can easily adjust to any other model. Traveler controls for both sides are led to one point, so you don't switch spots to adjust. When you live with a boat, these details matter!
Twin independent backstays provide extra security for the mast and open the stern passageway. A dedicated electronics hotspot just forward of the traveler (and clear of foot traffic) eliminates a forest of antennas on the transom. Additional features include twin wheels and transom lifelines that open with pelican hooks, then retract and disappear to make a clear passage from the swim step. The cockpit table has an insulated cooler, handrails, engine panel and a chartplotter housing that rotates to port and starboard. The back of the cabin house is properly squared off so that you can rest against it at sea. Curved seating is great for cocktail time, but when you're traveling long periods at sea, a squared-off cockpit with long seats is much more comfortable to stretch out for a quick nap or to spend time resting your back against the house.
The rig has in-mast furling and vertical battens to aid the shape of the mainsail. The spar is deck-stepped to the top plate of a compression post. This configuration lessens noise below while eliminating the leaks of keel-stepped masts. Genoa tracks are 13'9" long to accommodate adjustments to large overlapping headsails.
The decks of the 445 are uncluttered and easy to get around at the dock or at sea. The shrouds are inboard enough to allow easy passage forward. There are six opening deck hatches and four opening ports that allow plenty of light and ventilation through the boat. The hatches all have insulated covers also.
- Bimini and dodger w/1.25” stainless tubing
- (2) Sets of Bimini side panels: One with Isinglass and one with Phifertex
- Dodger lenses are Makralon UV with snap on Sunbrella cover
- Cockpit cushions (New 2017)
- Insulated cockpit table and companionway cover with battens
- Seadek installation in cockpit - thicker pieces used at wheels (2019)
- Atlantic Towers arch with 6:1 Selden lifting tackle dinghy and a separate one for an outboard motor (2017)
- 65 pound Mantus anchor & swivel with 125’ of 5/16 HT chain (New in 2018)
- (6) Person Revere life raft
- New Pettit Ultima 60 bottom paint (2019)
- Maxwell VW1500 Electric Anchor Windlass w/Power Up and Down Foot Switches
- Large Divided Anchor Locker for Below Deck Chain and Rode Storage
- Stern Rails with Observation Seats, Cup Holders and Outboard Bracket
- LPG Storage Locker for (2) Tanks
- Hot & Cold Shower Mounted in Transom Boarding Area
- Water-Tight Strike Zone Collision Bulkhead at Bow
Sails & Rigging
A Seldon rig with in-mast furling is standard and vertical battens aid the shape of the mainsail. The spar is deck-stepped to the top plate of a compression post. This configuration lessens noise below while eliminating the leaks of keel-stepped masts. Genoa tracks are 13'9" long to accommodate adjustments to large overlapping headsails.
- Electric Mainsail/Mainsheet Winch
- Doyle Furling Mainsail with Vertical Battens
- 135% Doyle Furling Genoa
- Doyle UPS Asymmetrical Reaching Sail with Selden Code X furling system (2018)
- Sails reconditioned by Mack Sails 2019 with foam luff added
- Complete Standing and Running Rigging
- Forespar Telescopic Whisker Pole w/Mounts on Stanchions & Mast
- Internal Pre-Stretched Dacron Halyards
- PVC Wiring Conduit with Messenger in Mast
- Selden Anodized Double Spreader Mast and Boom
Propulsion, Steering & Controls
The engine is located below the hinged companionway stairs. This provides easy access to fuel and water filters and all engine service points.
- Single Lever Engine Controls Mounted on Starboard Side with Steering Brake in Wheel Hub
- Sea Water Filter for Engine Cooling
- Centrally Mounted Engine Instruments
- Emergency Tiller Access and Emergency Tiller
- Dual Station Pedestal Steering
- Twin 32” Destroyer Wheels
- Bilge Blower and Ventilation System
Keel Type: Wing
Ballast: 8200 lb
Displacement: 24500 sq ft
Max Draft: 5.00 ft
- This boat has always been owned by an LLC. If desired, the LLC will be included in the sale of the boat.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Other Boats from Little Yacht Sales
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Cortez, FL, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
425 - 74 on order