2013 J Boats J 111
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Milwaukee, WI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 172,500
Hobgoblin, hull # 75 is ready to go, either for class racing or distance racing. Full set of B&G's instruments, a full set of North 3DI sails, Professionally faired bottom, make her turn key for anyone wanting to get into high end racing right away. Class winner in both 2013 & 2015 in the Chicago Mac races she is a speedster!, She's a one owner, fresh water boat, that is off seasoned stored in a heated shed. New listing, Great opportunity. Seller to retain the vessels name of Hobgoblin.
** Serious seller ......Price reduced 8.1.2020
Please contact Eric Jones at 414-323-4983
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 10 ft 8 in
LWL: 32 ft 7 in
Displacement: 9300 lbs
Ballast: 3515 lbs
Total Power: 21 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3ym20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 21 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (26 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (13 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (12 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
100% Sail Area = 663 sq ft
Max Upwind Sai Area =751 sq ft
Downwind Sail Area = 1798 sq ft
Max Asy Spin = 1410 sq ft
PHRF Rating Lake Michigan: 36
Total Power: 21 hp
HULL AND DECK
· Balsa core/biaxial e-glass vacuum infused hull
laminate and Corecell/biaxial e-glass deck
laminate. All laminates engineered and built to
current ISO and ABS structural standards.
· Flag Blue Alwgrip hull, with single red bootstripe, 2 tone deck
· Molded companionway slide-in seahood.
· ORC size molded foredeck toe-rails.
· GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore
& aft on hull and deck with single opening to
· Fore/aft and transverse keel support beams.
· Composite mast bearing beam with integral
aluminum tapping plate to secure mast step.
· High aspect two-metal racing keel with lead bulb
and stainless fin, flange mounted to a hull recess, professionally faired bottom
MECHANICAL & STEERING
· Yanmar 3YM20 3 cylinder 4-stroke 21hp diesel
engine with 60 amp alternator and SD 20 saildrive
with 2-piece split zinc.
· Yanmar digital B-type engine instrument panel
mounted in recess on cockpit wall near wheel with
acrylic splash shield.
· 16” diameter geared flex-o-fold prop.
· Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
· Balanced spade rudder constructed using “E-glass” mounted in Jefa
self aligning rudder bearing system.
· Molded cockpit wheel well.
· Edson steering system including Articu-lock
sheaves, 6.5” radial drive, needle bearing with
integral wheel brake, and chain/wire cables.
· Emergency tiller.
PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL
· 13-gallon fuel tank with baffles and
inspection/clean out port.
· 12-gallon head holding tank.
· Raritan PH-II head with Y valve and deck pump-out
· 26-gallon water tank.
· Manual fresh water foot pumps @ head and galley sinks.
· Two deep-cycle, sealed AGM batteries.
· Three position battery switch.
· Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
· 120V shore power and cord
· Bonding system.
· Six reading lights.
· One adjustable nav light at nav table.
· Two red/white LED dome lights
· One fluorescent light in head.
· Automatic bilge pump w/check valve & panel switch
for manual/auto operation.
· Off-white low-maintenance bulkheads with
varnished wood trim and accents.
· Molded engine box cover with 1” sound insulation.
· Companionway ladder w/teak steps
· Twin 6’9” quarter berths aft of the galley/nav area
with storage below.
· Main bulkhead privacy door.
· Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin
· 6’4” settee berths with backrests (fold-up pilots
· Shelf outboard of settee berths with storage behind
· Nav Station with full leg room, hinged-lid
access to chart storage, outboard instrument panel
and storage bin.
· L-Galley with sink, faucet, fresh water foot pump,
drain seacock, top opening Ice Box, and
storage cabinet outboard.
· Head compartment with sink and outboard storage
to port and large sail/tool storage bin to starboard.
Cabin salon table, ( never used )
SPARS & RIGGING
SPARS · Hall Spars 152c autoclaved carbon fiber mast with double set of tapered aluminum spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for main, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming light, internal wiring conduit, pre-formed mast wedge kit.
Mast/boom painted black with contrasting white measurement bands.
· Alloy 6061-T6 Boom with 12:1 internal outhaul, two mainsheet block bales, vang lug, three sheaves for reef lines and outhaul.
· Carbon fiber, retractable bow sprit with internal bearing system with black painted finish.
RIGGING · Nitronic discontinuous rod standing rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
· Ronstan calibrated shroud turnbuckles, disassembled and cleaned 2020
· Dyneema DSK-78 Backstay.
· Remote Sailtec hydraulic backstay, amounted on Binnacle
· Running rigging package w/Crystalyne Vectran Main & Jib Halyards with Tylaska shackles, Endura Braid Dyneema core jib & main sheets. DSK 75 tapered spin halyard, Maxibraid tapered spin sheets with T-8 shackle. Also includes reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, inhauler lines, traveler control lines and mainsheet fine tune. Much of running rigging replaced 2019 & 2020
· Hall Quikvang with integral cleating. (option to lead back to both side of cabin top cockpit)
All from North Sails
9/27/2019 3Di RAW 760 Super Light J1 Jib, brand new , never used
10/24/2017 3Di Jib J2 Md/Hy Jib
9/28/2016 CSD A2-4 Airx 650 Asymmetrical Runner
9/28/2016 A3 Airx 700N BAIN Reacher
10/12/2015 3Di RAW 780 Class Mainsail; 14,700
10/12/2015 3Di RAW 780 J1 Lt/Md
3/10/2014 CSD LM-3 Jib Light/Medium J1 Lt/Md
4/8/2013 Code 5A-1 Heavy Air Reacher
3/13/2013 ND Storm Trysail 110 Storm Sail
3/13/2013 ND Sorm Jib 102 Tape Storm Sail
10/8/2012 2A AP RUNNING ASY Runner
10/8/2012 1/3A REACHING ASY
10/8/2012 3DL 600M HW J-1 ORC Heavy Weather
10/5/2012 3 Di 780 Mainsail
10/5/2012 3Di 780 Md/Hy #1 105% J2 Md/Hy Jib
10/5/2012 A0 NLS 35S Asymmetric Spinnaker Code 0
· 46:1 Harken Performa self-tailing primary winches.
· 40:1 Harken Performa self-tailing cabintop winches.
· (4) 10” aluminum Harken winch handles.
· Two winch handle holders.
· Two-speed Harken Mainsheet System with 6:1
rough tune purchase to swivel cam base & 24:1 fine
· 4:1 Harken Traveler System – led P&S.
· 4:1 Harken Adjustable Jib Lead System.
· Jib in-hauler hardware P&S.
· Cunningham system.
· Harken 57mm spinnaker sheet and bow-sprit
· Harken bow-sprit control system led internally to
cockpit mounted cam cleat.
· Harken mast base halyard blocks and organizers.
· V-Cam # 814 halyard & tack line rope clutches.
· V-Cam# 814 Rope clutches for main and jib halyards.
· Stainless cabin top handrails P&S.
· Tapered SS lifeline stanchions mounted to hull to deck
joint, Stanchions are black powder coated
· Double lifelines to meet ORC offshore regulations
· Black powder SS bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails.
· Four 4-bolt mooring cleats.
· Interior ventilation from two framed opening ports
in sides of cabin trunk.
· Acrylic offshore drop-board with inside/outside
· Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
· Two polypropylene mesh line bags in cockpit
FACTORY OPTIONS ADDED
· Two Tone Deck, Grey & White
· Red Boot top stripe
. Black powder coated stanchions and pulpits
. Windex at masthead with light
. Composite Steering wheel
. Opening ports on cabin sides
. Cockpit Locker Liners - Fiberglass Drop in port and starboard
. Harken Secondary Winches
. Opening life line gates
· Fold up pilots berths in main cabin
· 110 VAC Shore Power system with 50’ cord, 2
. - Origo # 300, 2 burner stove
. Additional 90amp sealed AGM battery
.Removable V- Berth with platform, cushions, and two reading lights
. Removable main cabin table
Interior Trim Package:
Varnished wood trim around bulkhead
Systems Group Package:
.Hot & Cold Pressure Water system; Cockpit Shower
. Cushion upgrade Package
. J122 Style ladder
OTHER INSTALLED OPTIONS ADDED
Electronics package consisting of:
· B&G Triton system, Displays mounted on mast below boom
· B&G 12'' Zeus touch 2018 multi-function GPS/chart plotter display
· Simrad RS35 VHF radio, with masthead antenna
Simrad remote VHF radio
· B&G Auto pilot with controller
· All transducers, interfaces, antennas, etc for the above electronics installation
· Bottom paint VC 17
· 2 Anchors With rodes
· Life sling
· MOM 8 unit
· Horn, flare kit, first-aid kit, emergency thru-hull plug, radar reflector
· Double-braid dock lines, and large fenders
· Portable dehumidifier
· Steel cradle
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/111 is a sleek, speedy, one-design 36 footer that is the ultimate day sailing, racing and weekend cruising sailboat. J/111 is an easy-to-handle, comfortable sailboat that accelerates quickly, slices to windward at 7+ knots and hits double-digit speeds downwind. The J/111 has all the essentials below for comfortable overnights and short cruises. The main cabin features an open layout with L-shaped galley, forward facing nav station, a wet locker and two full length settee berths with option for additional fold-up sea-berths. Six can comfortably sit for dinner. Two spacious aft quarter berths are standard, as well as a private forward head and removable V-berth.The J/111 is designed to be the best performing, easiest-to-sail boat of its size on the market, while offering the creature comforts needed (6' headroom) to satisfy the occasional overnight cruise. It's all about versatility and the joy of sailing - how to have the most fun out of the time and resources invested. This is the J Boats formula for success in building local one-design fleets and it's a pretty simple formula. Generally, there aren't enough owners in one area who can rationalize the expense of campaigning a single purpose (non-versatile) racing sailboat. There may be 20-30 owners nationally who are willing to fund a traveling program to a pinnacle event like Key West Race Week, but without the versatility to appeal to many owners, local fleets never reach the critical mass needed for long-term success. The J/111 is the next generation one-design J/Boat to fulfill the legacy of its predecessors. J/111 accelerates up to speed in the slightest of puffs, thanks to a generous, high-aspect rig combined with a low wetted surface hull. Sailing efficiency is gained by maximizing the sail luff lengths and reducing foot lengths to create a balanced, non-overlapping sail plan. When the wind and waves are up, J/111 pops up on a plane and delivers the dinghy-like, exhilarating rides that many modern designs struggle to do because of over-tweaking to handicap rules that encourage heavier, non-planing hull shapes. Turning the corner to go sailing upwind, J/111's efficient hull form and low vertical center of gravity kick in to provide the sweet weatherly handling J's are reknown for.The J/111 features an optimized E-glass/vinylester vacuum infused laminated hull and deck, a two metal, low-VCG bulb keel, a retractable carbon sprit, rail mounted shroud terminals (J/122 style), and a low-profile jib furler. Particular care is paid to centralizing and lowering weight both above and below decks, all critical to make the J/111 your ultimate sailing boat.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from World Yachts, Inc
Chicago, IL, United States
Chicago, IL, United States