2013 Gozzard 31
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Sandusky, OH
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 192,000
ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM BUILD
All rigged for simple single-handed sailing
The full manufacturer spec is available upon request
- Self-tending headsail
- In-mast furling main
- Bow thruster
- Shoal draft
- Deck and mast fittings for a second headsail
- All sail control lines led aft to the cockpit
- Innovative interior layout
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Electric anchor windlass
- Freshwater boat
The Gozzard 31 Mark II is the updated and revisited version of the classic Gozzard 31 which was first introduced in 1990. The Mark II version features a completely new underwater configuration, a new rig design, updated rudder and keel, and takes advantage of all the recent building techniques and materials, and sports the latest interior concept.
This model was built to go anywhere with sisterships making multiple Trans-Atlantic passages to their credit.
For showings contact John Albertine 443-837-5075 or email@example.com
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free personalized market evaluation.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Authorized representatives for Gozzard Yachts
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts
Please contact John Albertine at 443-837-5075
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Gozzard Yachts
Designer: H. Ted Gozzard
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 26 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 31 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Displacement: 12000 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 4800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 46 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2013
Engine Model: Westerbeke 35B3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 335
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (45 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (38 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Open plan interior from forward to aft:
The forward compartment can serve as the main saloon by day, a dining area, and a private stateroom at night.
- It is well lit and well ventilated, with opening ports, a skylight, and ample hanging lockers.
- The "coffee table" top opens up to support a separate large dining table.
- The pivoting settees together to form a full-sized double berth.
- It is turned into a private compartment via a fold-up bulkhead and a hidden door.
The galley is next aft to the starboard side.
Across to port is the double purposed settee/navigation desk. Just aft is the head.
Aft to starboard is the aft cabin with a 6' 6" long bunk.
- Interior in American cherry with varnish with hand-rubbed effect
- Teak and holly sole laminated marine plywood with full gloss finish
- Main bulkheads are FRP core with cherry face veneers
- All trims, fiddles, frames and door kicks are solid cherry
- All bilge panels have locks or are fastened securely
- Cabin doors with louvers
- 9 opening stainless steel ports and two stainless steel 24"x18" hatch with screens
- Two 3" solar ventilators
- One solar/12-volt shower ventilator
- Shower and refrigerator electric sump pump
- Curtains for all ports
- Two dorades with cowl vents
- Four 12-volt Hella fans
- Screens for all openings
- Imtra LED interior lights
- Sloped cabin sides to allow opening ports to be drip-free
- Force 10 2-burner gimballed propane stove with oven and broiler
- Xintex S-2A propane remote solenoid and propane sensor
- 20 lb propane tank in a custom cockpit locker
- 12 v Nova Cool refrigeration/freezer
- Corian counter with tile backsplash
- Additional flip-up galley counter
- Dish locker to fit dishes and glasses
- Single stainless steel sink
- Brass fresh water hand pump
- Filtered water faucet
- Pressure hot and cold water
Navigation and Communication
- Raymarine E90 Hybrid touch chart plotter
- Raymarine autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 (wind speed & direction, depth)
- Raymarine 55 Class D VHF at nav station with masthead antenna
- Ritchie compass
The decks were designed with ease of use in mind. They feature wide low cambered side decks with substantial bulwarks for sure footing when the boat is heeled. The bulwarks also add strength to the hull/deck joint.
There is a large deck locker forward. The forward part of this locker is the chain and rode locker. The aft part of this locker is the sail locker. There are drains aft through the hull sides.
The deck is a molded FRP sandwich construction with 1/2" A500 Core Cell. It is finished like the hull with CCP's "buff-back" off white gelcoat. In areas where equipment is to be installed, the coring material is eliminated creating a solid laminate with extra reinforcing in high-stress areas for cleats, mast step, winch attachments, other high-stress areas, and corners.
The cockpit is fitted with two 2" scuppers and 6"x12" spring-loaded storm drain in the transom.
- Bowsprit with double anchor rollers
- 28" wooden wheel
- Seawater washdown
- Large storage locker just aft of the windlass
- Factory-built hardtop with opening front windows and opening sunroof
- Trinka 8" dinghy with 2.5 hp 4-stroke Tohatsu outboard
- Dinghy davits
- Emergency tiller
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Lifelines with gates port and starboard
- Complete set of closed-cell cockpit cushions
- Separate screen doors and built-in overhead screen for companionway
- Teak cap rail
- FRP rubrail with a stainless steel striker
- Stainless steel handrails
- External lead ballast
- Fenders and lines
- Six-step stainless steel folding swim ladder on the transom
The hull is molded FRP with
- a "sandwich" A550 Core Cell foam core construction which increases panel stiffness, strength, impact resistance, and sound and thermal insulation
- Marine-grade Hydrex-100 vinyl laminating resins
- Knitted double bias E-glass cloth
- Additional XM cloth for additional reinforcing in the bow, trail board, chainplates, mast step, and transom areas.
- Gelcoat is CCP #953 NPG/ISO "buff back"
- Backed up with Hydrex-100 for cosmetic and osmotic protection
- Construction is by both vacuum bagging and hand-laid techniques.
Rudder: The rudder shaft is 1.5" diameter 316 stainless steel. It has two 1/4" thick FRP half foils. A stainless steel web is welded to the shaft and heavily glassed to the foils. 3M 5200 is used around the stainless steel shaft where it exits the rudder. The cosmetic joint between the two halves is glassed over and faired. The rudder is essentially a solid structure with no voids.
Skeg: The is a full substantial FRP skeg to protect and support the rudder with a bronze heel casting serving as the lower bearing for the rudder shaft.
Keel: The extended fin keel is built using heavy-duty solid laminate with internal lead ballast.
Rub Rails: Full length FRP rubrails installed about 18" below the cap rail with 316 stainless steel striker. They are secured with screws into the hull and are intended to be replaceable should they become damages.
Sail and Rigging
- Selden mast and boom
- Schaefer furler with self-tending headsail
- Spare jib halyard
- All control lines led aft to the cockpit
- Two primary winches
- Two utility winches on the coachroof in the cockpit on the starboard
- One electric utility winch on coachroof to port
- Seven rope clutches forward in the cockpit on the coachroof
- Sheet bags in the cockpit
- Solid boom vang
- All the equipment is there except the staysail to make a cutter rig
- Sail area 782 sq. ft.
IJPE: 615.83 sq ft
I: 40.83 ft
J: 17.92 ft
P: 36.00 ft
E: 13.83 ft
Mechanical and Electrical
- Westerbeke 35B3 engine rated at 31 hp at 3,000 rpm
- HBW marine transmission with 2.7:1 reduction gear
- Vetus Bull-Flex coupling joint to reduce engine noise, vibration, and reduce the need to align the engine
- 1 1/4" 316 stainless steel shaft
- PSS No-Drip shaft-seal
- 3-blade Michigan prop that is 16"x14" RH bronze
- The engine compartment is heavily insulated
- Bow thruster with cockpit controls
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning system, 12,000 BTU centrally located w/ducting fore and aft
- Two AGM batteries, house bank, 250 amp hours
- AGM engine start battery
- 110-volt AC shore power connection and cord
- 6 AC cabin outlets
- 12-volt cabin outlets at the navigation station, in the head, and at the helm
- Automatic Rule 1000 gph electric 12v DC bilge pump
- Custom engine flush out valve that can be brought online as a 11 gpm bilge pump
- The vessel is fully bonded
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wagner Stevens Yachts
Newport Beach, CA, United States
37B Aft Cockpit
Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Goderich, ON, Canada