2012 Southerly 57 RS
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,195,000
LUXURIOUS BLUE WATER PERFORMANCE YACHT
BUILT to CROSS OCEANS or SAIL in LESS THAN 4 FEET!
The Southerly 57RS was designed by Superyacht designers, Dubois Naval Architects and renowned interior designers Rhoades Young.
Designed First to be a no compromise, safe, elegant, world cruising yacht that can easily be sailed by two.
Second, to make her a powerful and fast sailing yacht that takes full advantage of the trademark Southerly Swing Keel.
When the keel on this 57ft yacht is fully up she draws only 3 foot 6 inches and can go places you can only imagine! When fully extended the foil shaped keel reaches a depth of 10 feet 9 inches! Giving you a pointing ability that other cruising yachts can only dream of. In moderate air, sailing at 30% to the wind is what you can expect!
The interior of “Vivere” is beautifully finished in high quality Teak and Very Well Appointed. The raised salon provides panoramic views that the owner and guests can enjoy while dining or sailing. The navigation area is also raised to provide an excellent line of sight from inside the yacht. Forward is an extra large spacious master stateroom with 2 guest cabins aft.
Vivere has a hydraulically opening and closing transom door which creates a wonderful swim platform and when open reveals a tender garage with a Williams Jet rib tender. No davits needed on this yacht!
Please contact us now for an appointment or for more details and pictures. Easy to see this very fine yacht in Annapolis!
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have or if you wish to schedule an appointment. Jack Malatich
S&J Yachts has been proudly representing Southerly Yachts for 11 years. We know these yachts very well! Southerly Yachts are now built by Discovery Yachts Group - builders of luxury yachts: Southerly - Discovery - Bluewater Catamarans - Britannia - Revelation Yachts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details, brochures and pricing on these boats. www.SJYACHTS.com
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northshore Yachts
Designer: Dubois Naval Architects
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 58 ft 2 in
Beam: 17 ft 1 in
LWL: 52 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 9 in
Displacement: 58755 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 18409 lbs
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: VW TDi
Engine Model: 140-5BW
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 140 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (228 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (309 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (105 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
SOUTHERLY 57 SAIL MAGAZINE BEST BOAT WINNER 2011
In 2011 SAIL Magazine awarded the Southerly 57 as the Best Boat Winner for flagship monohulls. Following is an excerpt from their announcement.
"One day you might be power-reaching across an ocean, logging double-digit speeds under a massive A-sail set on a retracting bowsprit. On another day you may be tacking effortlessly up a narrow channel, putting the helm over and watching the self-tacking jib slam across its track, enjoying the windward bite and responsive steering of a deep-drafted performance cruiser. Or you may have nosed up to a beach, the boat sitting upright on the hard sand as the tide recedes, your children playing in the shadow of the sleek hull.
If you own a Southerly 57RS all this and more is possible, which is why we had no hesitation in singling this boat out from a strong group of contenders. Designed by Ed Dubois and built in Britain by Northshore Yachts, the 57RS is the flagship of a line of strong, seaworthy and well-crafted variable-draft sailboats. It is a bluewater-capable cruiser with a difference."
The overall feeling as you enter "Vivere" is one of openness, light and elegance. The warm teak interior is accented with high end soft goods, finishes and stainless accents. Although you are inside the yacht, your horizons are expanded with large deck salon windows - allowing you to enjoy views normally only available while on deck!
This yacht has a 3 cabin layout with a very spacious forward master stateroom. Aft are 2 guest staterooms.
The large expansive salon is raised so that you have panoramic views while dining or while you are sailing. On the portside is a u-shaped dining area. To starboard there are two comfortable chairs that are also raised with a cocktail table in between. Inside the table is storage. Forward of this is a large entertainment cabinet which also houses a retractable TV.
Overhead there are many opening hatches and a center skylight providing a view of sails and the evening stars. The forward facing and side windows give the salon a very light and open feeling. All the windows have concertina blinds. The blinds on the three forward windows are remotely controlled.
Just aft of the dining area, on the port side is the navigation station which is also raised allowing one a line of site while within the yacht. More on this in the "Nav" section.
Forward and to port of the main salon is the galley. The forward salon seating has an open backseat into the dining area so the cook never feels separate of the guests. This is a true Chefs Galley! More details on this in the "Galley" section below.
Just across from the galley is a seating area with a desk, storage and a cabinet for glassware. The galley and the Nook combine to make a second gathering area separate yet adjoining the salon, expanding the feeling of space and encouraging conversation.
The extra large owner’s stateroom is forward of the salon. There is a centerline queen berth with easy access on either side. At the foot end of the berth is a large custom seating with storage for large items inside. There are viewing ports on either side and a large overhead hatch. An abundance of additional storage is found in the many storage cabinets, shelving, hanging lockers and drawers. Aft of the berth is a custom vanity/desk with mirror and seating. Opposite the berth is a flat screen TV.
There is a private ensuite head with Corian counters and a large separate shower with a teak seat. There is an elegant stainless and glass shower door separating it from the head. Excellent storage and light in this area.
Guest Cabin 1
The larger of the two guest cabins is aft on the starboard side. It has a comfortable pullman berth. There is a viewing port outboard and inside an opening port as well as an overhead hatch into the cockpit. .
Guest Cabin 2
Aft on the port side is third cabin. This one has 2 long single berths, one raised and offset from the lower berth. There is a viewing port outboard, 2 opening ports as well as an overhead hatch into the cockpit. There are shelves and a hanging locker as well as a small vanity area with a seat and mirrors.
Aft of the companionway on the starboard side is the day and guest head. Corian counters, mirrored cabinet doors and a separate shower with an elegant stainless and glass door are just some of her features.
Following are some of Vivere’s interior features and equipment:
- Crown cut Teak joinery and Teak V groove flooring
- Fit Clima Compact 24 Slim Reverse cycle A/C to salon and master cabin
- Concertina blinds fitted in raised coach roof area
- Remote control operation of front window blinds
- Rollershade screens and blinds to all hatches
- LED Interior lighting
- 32" Sony 1080 HD TV in Salon with TV lift (raises & retracts into custom cabinet stbd side salon)
- HD TV flush mounted in master stateroom
- Radio/CD/MP3 stereo system w/2 speakers
- Glomex TV antenna at mast head
- Cedar lined hanging lockers w/automatic wardrobe lighting
- Tecma electric toilets w/dual flush fresh/salt water supply
- Holding tank system
- Extractor/Fan blower fitted in heads with 2 way switch
- Splendide Washer/Dryer, vented (located in aft head)
- Safari HRO Escape 600 Watermaker - 95 liters/hr
- Hella 24v fans in aft cabins
- Mattress upgrade, Naturalmat Airflow cushioned mattress
- Anti-condensation mesh for under mattresses
The large galley is forward of the salon in a lower position for comfort at sea. The galley has a large working area, yet is shaped to provide safety. The partially open back to the salon seating allows the chef to still partake with his or her guests.
This is a true Chefs Galley! All stainless steel appliances, an over and under home-size refrigerator and freezer – glass door stainless steel wine cooler – a four burner stove with oven and a Microwave! The extensive counter surfaces are Corian.
As you can see in some of the pictures, there is an abundance of storage lockers and cupboards for food and supplies. All doors and drawer are self soft closing.
More details follows:
- Front loading stainless steel refrigerator
- Front loading freezer, drawer units
- Wine cooler
- Keel cooled refrigeration/freezer units
- 4 burner stove w/oven
- Integrated stove extractor unit, ducted to exterior
- Stainless steel Microwave, 110v
- SS sinks with fitted chopping board
- LPG gas & carbon monoxide detection
NAV & EQUIPMENT
The nav area is conveniently situated at the base of the companionway on the port side. This area is raised allowing one a line of site while within the yacht. A large comfortable swiveling helm seat with fold down arm rests locks you in place. In addition to the very complete electronics suite at the Nav station.
- Raymarine E140W multi-function touch screen display at both helms
- Raymarine E120W multi-function touch screen display at chart table
- Raymarine AIS 500 Class B receiver and transponder
- Raymarine 18” scanner complete with scanstrut mast bracket
- Raystar 125 satellite differential mounted to coachroof
- Ray 55E VHF w/DSC function fitted at nav and at helm
- Raymarine Mamba drive autopilot with ST6002+ display
- Raymarine Smart controller wireless for autopilot
- Raymarine ST70+ instruments at both helms
- Raymarine instruments at mast head: Wind, Depth, Speed, Log transducer
- Lopo LED nav lights
SAILS & RIGGING
The Southerly 57 is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just 2 people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast, with minimum effort. The double head sail is suitable for most wind conditions; the self-tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort - ideal for coastal cruising. The overlapping genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs and together, the double headsail is perfect for downwind trade wind sailing.
- Selden triple spreader Carbon fiber mast w/clearcote finish & black alloy spreaders
- Powered composite GMT Furlerboom
- Double headsail rig
- North in-boom furling mainsail, fully battened
- Push button controls for the main (furl and unfurl) at helm
- Nitronic 50 rod standing rigging
- Powered Genoa furling headstay – Furlex 300 E 24v
- Powered Jib furling inner stay – Furlex 400 E 24v
- North Dacron furling self-tacking Jib
- North Dacron overlapping Genoa
- Lewmar 48 AEST powered halyard winch starboard side
- Lewmar 54 AEST powered main sheet winch and jib sheet winch
- Lewmar 68 AEST powered (2 speed) Genoa sheet winches
- Hydraulic boom vang and backstay w/manual hydraulic pump & control panel
- Manual hydraulic mast jack system (to enable Carbon rig tuning, stepping and unstepping of mast)
- Cockpit down lighting, white light in underside of boom
- 3 climbing steps on mast
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
- VW TDi 140hp diesel engine
- Mathers electronic gear controls at both helm stations
- Aqua Drive unit
- Duplex Racor fuel filter system
- Max prop w/3 feathering blades
- Rope cutter on propshaft
- Mastervolt Generator Whisper 10 Ultra 240v 9.4Kw
- 110v AC ring main
- Can bus distribution system: AGM 24v 900Ah Domestic battery bank
- Dedicated AMG 12v 90Ah main engine start battery
- Mastervolt Easyview touch screen monitor
- Battery charger 12v – 15A main engine/Generator start battery
- MASS 100A service battery charger
- Mastervolt Mass inverter, 24v – 2500 W / 240v
- Service Alternator, 110 A
KEEL, DECK & EQUIPMENT
The hull is characterised by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully sleek stylish lines of the raised pilot house coachroof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. The large fold down transom door gives access to the Williams jet rib. When the door is lowered it makes a great bathing platform and provides good access for boarding.
The Swing Keel is an essential feature on a yacht of this size. While the deep draft of 10' 9" provides excellent windward performance, stability and good sail carrying capabilities, the extra depth is restrictive in marinas and around shorelines, etc. At the 'touch of a button' the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of only 3' 6" - perfect for coastlines, low tides and those shallow waters that most all other sailboats cannot get into.
The aft cockpit is extremely spacious, yet secure with comfortable seating and a large cockpit table for entertaining guests in style. For convenience there is a refrigerated box in the table. Covering the cockpit is a grand bimini creating a real outdoor room.
The twin wheels allows the helmsman to enjoy the powerful performance of the yacht, with dedicated areas for sail controls and sailing short handed. Further seating aft allows for guests to relax in comfort, while enjoying all round views.
Additional features, equipment:
- Bow & Stern Thrusters (Great for parallel parking!)
- William 325 Turbo Jet rib tender housed inside transom garage
- Quick deployment/retrieval system for Jet rib
- Lewmar Windlass V4 with chain counter
- 8 Nomen folding cleats
- SS lifelines
- Dodger easily stows away w/cover
- Large bimini
- Large Teak cockpit table with folding leaves and SS safety railing
- Refrigeration in cockpit table
- Cockpit down lighting and light fitted underside of boom
- Teak seats to pushpit fitted port and starboard
- Hydraulic Transom door lowers, creates wonderful large teak swim platform with ladder
- Deck shower, hot & cold for use on bathing platform
- Deck wash pump w/outlet at bow
- Flo coat white inside of hull
Canvas covers for helm stations, cockpit table
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Bridgeport, CT, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States