2012 Oyster 54
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 795,000
Talaba was constructed in 2012 to complete the Oyster World Rally. With this in mind her systems were designed to be redundant and of the highest quality. She completed her first circumnavigation in 2014 and her second owners enjoyed her for offshore passages as well. Her current and third owners purchased her and completed more upgrades prior to sailing her back across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. She was used by Oyster as a show boat after she completed her first circumnavigation. A testament to the care her first owner lavished upon her. Talaba is the nicest Oyster 54 to be made available on the brokerage market.
For more information please contact John Earle at 954-951-9500
AVAILABLE FOR CO-BROKERAGE UPON REQUEST
To view other fine listings, please view our website
1121 East Las Olas Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL United States
Please contact John Earle at 954-951-9500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 53 ft 11 in
Beam: 15 ft 8 in
LWL: 46 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 48653 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (750 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (850 Liters)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The Oyster 54 is a worthy successor to the popular Oyster 53, with even better performance and modern styling. Compared to her predecessor, the 54 carries more sail on a longer waterline and is somewhat lighter thanks to the use of a cored hull above the waterline and advanced composite engineering.
Her clean hull lines, powerful rig and a low centre of gravity bulb keel have created a fast, stiff, comfortable passage maker. While good performance is important, other significant improvements include a cockpit that is around 25% longer and substantially wider than that of the Oyster 53.
The Oyster 54’s three-cabin cabin layout, combined with a long waterline length, generous beam and headroom create a spacious, light and airy living area.
The hull meets the deck via a modern superyacht styled rollover bulwark, which gives a clean contemporary look to the yacht and a sleek curved deck saloon style gives the yacht a stunning outboard profile from any angle.
HULL & DECK
- Hull 'custom' laminate is comprised of a combination of E Glass, Kevlar, and Carbon Fibre which offers significant weight savings, strength, and stiffness over a normal GRP construction. Incorporates a balsa core above the waterline for additional strength, stiffness, and insulation. Solid laminate below the waterline reinforced with stringers and floors.
- White hull with cove and boot line in grey.
- Moulded in GRP with balsa core.
- Teak laid decks with self-draining teak laid cockpit, GRP low profile 'rolled edge' bulwark.
- External lead shoal keel.
- Fully protected skeg-hung rudder.
- The stern design incorporates a bathing platform trimmed with teak slats and 2 x teak-filled stainless steel steps for access to the stern deck.
- Midship gateway stanchions
- Gate to pushpit
- Stainless steel hinged ladder on transom with stowage retaining pin
- Drop-down washboard
- Lewmar alloy-framed deck hatches
- Gebo alloy-framed portlights in coaming
- Gebo opening hullports
- Opening Lewmar port in galley to cockpit
- Hot and cold freshwater deck shower
- Scandinavian stainless steel pulpit with passerelle socket and pushpit
- Recessed stainless steel mooring and cockpit cleats. Additional pair of mooring cleats mounted on transom.
- Stainless steel 'Jerry' cowls to dorade boxes and guards to aft deck dorades
- Lazarette locker with twin stainless steel gas struts
- Liferaft storage built into pushpuit
- Quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel
- 2m stainless steel pole on aft deck for aerials
- Stowage compartment with removable partition at forward end of anchor locker
- Gas locker for 2 bottles
- Sloop Rig
- Selden, keel-stepped, electric in-mast furling
- Selden white painted spars
- Preventer lines
- Selden solid rod kicker/vang
- Holmatro backstay adjuster, hydraulic
- "No Strike" ion dissipator at masthead and mast step bonded to keel bolt
- New Standing rigging and running lines (new March 2015)
- Selden electric in-mast Mainsail furling
- Furler moter (new June 2016)
- Selden Furlex 400S foresail Headsail furling
- 2 x 65 CEST electric, two speed self-tailing primary winches
- 1 x 48 CST self-tailing secondary winch
- 1 x 48 CEST electric, self-tailing port secondary winch
- 1 x 48 CEST electric, two speed self-tailing mainsheet winch
- 2 x 50 CST two speed self-tailing main and genoa halyard winches on mast
- 2 x 16 CST single speed self-tailing mainsheet traveller control winches
SAILS & CANVAS
- Dolphin Mainsail and genoa (new March 2016)
- Dolphin Gennaker - white/grey (new 2016)
- In-mast furling mainsail, Dimension Polyant DYS laminate with taffeta (spare)
- 130% furling genoa, Dimension Polyant DYS laminate with taffeta (spare)
- 125% furling genoa (2nd headsail), Dimension Polyant DCP Pentex laminate with taffeta
- Hanked storm jib, high viz orange Dacron
- Carbon spinnaker pole, stowed vertically on mast
- Package includes 2 sheets, 1 halyard, 2 clutches, 2 deck fittings for sheets and tack block, plus removable bowsprit
- Package includes storm jib, removable forestay/adjuster, 2 Wichard deck plates, halyard, extra cars and sheets
- Large fold-down sprayhood in acrylic fabric - 'Charcoal' color (new 2015) with leather covered stainless steel grabrail to aft end
- Bimini in acrylic fabric - 'Charcoal' color (new 2015) with window for viewing the mainsail and boom light, and stainless steel frame and tracks.
- Acrylic covers for cockpit table and wheel/binnacle - 'Silver' color
- Awning in 'Charcoal" (new 2016 - Dolphin Sails)
- Self-draining cockpit with two outlets
- Stainless steel grabrail and drinks holder on 'Athena' pedestal
- Varnished cockpit table with stainless steel frame, folding leaves, insulated GRP box. Simple varnished table leaf, to be installed once wheel has been removed.
- Wheel steering by Whitlock cable system with leather covered Lewmar folding wheel with quick release hub nut for removal with winch handle, and friction brake
- Rocna 33kg stainless steel main anchor with 80m of stainless steel chain
- Lightweight folding alloy Fortress FX37 kedge anchor with 10m of 10mm chain and 100m of 14mm Octoplait warp
- Lewmar V4 vertical capstan type 24V electric anchor windlass operated by adjacent foot switch controls.
- Raymarine ST60+ instruments - speed, depth, analogue wind and wind close hauled, flush mounted at companionway console.
- Flush-mounted S.l.R.S. Major 150mm diameter compass with internal lighting and stainless steel crash bar.
- Raymarine GPS.
CHART PLOTTER / RADAR
- Raymarine ES98 Plotters (new Summer 2016).
- SEA ME radar enhancer/transponder.
- Echomax radar reflector on mast.
- Interphase — forward looking sonar.
- Raymarine AIS 500 transceiver with dedicated VHF aerial.
- Raymarine ST7000 autopilot with ST6002 control head on pedestal, and upgraded to hydraulic drive Type 3 system.
- Hydraulic pump and spare hydraulic pump with switch over, spare auto pilot with switch over (new installation 2016).
- Windex at masthead.
- Furuno NX300 Navtex.
- Raymarine 240E VHF.
- Second VHF unit for pedestal.
- Icom 802 SSB (installed Summer 2016).
- Yachtfunk SSB ground paint connected to SSB ATU.
- Insulated backstay for SSB aerial, Navtec Norseman Gibb insulators.
- BGAN Sat phone Fleet 150 (Thrane & Thrane).
- Vasari Mini PC and AG Neovo screen, keyboard and mouse, with WiFi router (new screen 2016).
STEREO & SPEAKERS
- Pioneer Stereo FM Radio/ CD Player with twin loud speakers in the deck saloon headlining and fader control to a pair of waterproof cockpit loudspeakers
- 220V AC ring main with double and single, SWlSS type Vimar, brushed Aluminium outlet sockets located as appropriate wi thin the layout.
OTHER ELECTRICAL SOCKETS
- Waterproof 220V outlet socket inside aft deck locker for outdoor jobs. 12V DC waterproof electrical connection including voltage dropper 10A max, under pedestal.
- Domestic: 8 x deep-cycle Gel type batteries, 24V 440Ahr capacity (new March 2016)
- Engine start: 2 x 75 Amp hour, 12V batteries
- Generator start: 1 battery
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 80 Amp battery charger.
- Mastervolt Masterview Easy Display - battery meter and remote panel.
- Mastervolt Alpha Pro regulator.
- Engine start to generator start battery 12V ”emergency” link.
80A 12V alternator.
Second 150A/ 24V Mastervolt alternator.
- 2 x Mastervolt Combi 24/2 300-60 inverter/charger, paralleled.
- 32 Amp dockside power cIable. Hubbell socket in the coaming.
- Prebit LED lighting througout
- Reading lights for each berth.
- Automatic light to drinks locker
- Red halogen light at chart table.
- Boom light.
- Lower spreader lights facing down.
- Stanchion lights to all vertical stanchions and aft fixed leg of pushpit.
- Blue water LED bow and stern navigation lights.
- Blue water LED steaming light.
- Aqua Signal blue water LED tri-white masthead light, upgraded to strobe light addition.
- Deck flood light on antenna post.
ENGINE & GENERATOR
Yanmar engine 4JH4,110p
Approximately 2,800 hour @ April 2018
MaxProp feathering propeller 3 bladed
Rope cutter on shaft.
- Onan MDKAV generator, 7 kW/220V 50 Hz, including engine Racor system twin 75/500FGX unit with change over.
- Approximately 1,669 hour5 @April 2018.
- Sleipner SE 170 bowthruster.
- Retractable sternthruster Sleipner SR 100/185 T with ramped power and separate battery bank. Dual proportional control for bow and stem combined.
- 24V electric bilge pump.
- Double action heavy-duty manual bilge pump.
- Additional Rule 4000 submersible bilge pump and hydro switch.
- 220v Cruisair reverse cycle system, comprising of a 16,000 BTU unit in salon and 12,000 BTU unit in owner’s stateroom to give a total of 28,000 BTU’s, with aluminium grilles.
- Webasto DW Thermo 90 heating, 3 single units in cabins and 1 double unit in saloon, including protection cage in Iazarette for furnace.
- Seafresh 206A — 220V AC watermaker, approximately 104 l/hr with product gauge, and Seafresh automatic freshwater backflush with dedicated pump.
- 850 litres approximately (187 imp/225 US gallons) in a GRP tank.
- 750 litres approximately (165 imp/198 US gallons) in a GRP tank.
TANK TENDER GAUGES
- BEP tank monitoring system.
- From an insulated approximately 73litres (16 imp/19 US gallons) tank, heated by the engine’s heat exchanger, or by a thermostatically-controlled 220V, 1.25kW immersion heater element powered by the generator or dockside power.
PRESSURED HOT AND COLD FRESHWATER SYSTEM
- Polypropylene gravity emptying holding tank in both heads and Wema gauge.
- Six berths in three cabins, excluding the salon.
- Interior joinery finished in Maple.
- Designed to be modern and coordinated, whilst remaining practical and durable at sea. Essential features include sculpted fiddles and grabrails, ‘shadow-gap’ joints between panels and Oyster custom knobs for lockers and drawers.
- Double thickness veneer grooved quarter sawn Wenge soleboards. Sole board screw inserts chrome plated.
- Wenge soles in owner's stateroom, step nosings flush, all margins and nosings in Wenge wood.
- Shaped companionway steps in Wenge.
- Surfaces in galley with upstands and heads in Avonite - Color: Black "Starshine"
- Headlining in off-white vinyl.
- Alcantara ‘Taupe’ Upholstery.
- Lee screens on sea berths.
- Extra Lee cloth on port bench in Salon
- Roman blinds to port in salon and aft cabin and heads
- Curtains system to port in forward cabins.
- Oceanair Skyscreen salon blinds
- Oceanair Skyscreens with integral mesh to all deck hatches
- The salon is extremely light and airy with seven windows, of which the three forward ones open. There are also two opening hull ports.
- The salon features a squared table with a single leaf and a settee to port.
- To starboard is an L-shaped settee and table. Outboard of this and aft, is a large locker for glasses storage.
- Within the hullport recess there is a stainless steel bookrack.
- The table has Maple Burr wood inlay and perimeter line and a single leaf top with removable centre piece so that the top can be made smaller. Mounted on a very substantial pedestal, incorporating a locker for the washer/dryer. The centre piece stowes port side under seat riser.
- The doors facing into the salon have a Wenge perimeter line.
- Miele washer/dryer WT2780, in the table pedestal.
- To starboard with forward-facing chart table that can accommodate a half folded Admiralty chart with further stowage benath.
- AcandDC electrical panels are located aft of the navigation seat.
- Access to engine room inboard.
- Situated to port, all work surfaces are finished in Avonite. Ample stowage. Access to the engine compartment via removable insulated panels. Locker with basket system.
- Twin stainless steel sink inboard. Seagul IV filter on cold water supply.
- Gimbaled Force 10 stainless steel gas cooker with 4-burners, grill and oven.
- Miele DG 1450 CHS steam oven
- Frigomatic 24V, front opening stainless steel refrigerator with stainless steel door.
- Frigomatic freezer, K50 compressor with plate for top-opening, insulated freezer box, keeled cooled.
- Centerline double berth with Latex/EZ-Dri composite mattress
- Shelf and stowage beneath berth, additional locker below bin and flared vertical sides to berth
- Berth surround 200mm high
- Hanging locker
- Access to foredeck via large Lewmar forehatch with OcenAir Skyscreen
AFT MASTER CABIN
- Aft cabin with double berth, slightly offset to port
- Latex/Ez-Dri composite mattress
- Berth surround 200mm high.
- Extended desk arrangement with single seat.
- Locker beneath forward part of desk with shelves.
- Twin drawers beneath the berth foot starboard side with dividers in the middle of each drawer.
STARBOARD FORWARD CABIN
- Twin guest cabin with upper and lower berths.
- Hanging locker forward. Forward locker to deckhead
- Aft locker with top berth fiddle, locker door at top with two shelves and three drawers below.
- Stowage beneath lower berth.
- Vanity unit with drawer aft
- Deck hatch and opening hull port
- Jabsco manual seawater toilet, shower, and washbasin.
- Flooring in artificial teak - Esthec product.
- The shower unit is separated from the toilet area by a curtain and has a simple fold away teak seat on the salon bulkhead as well as a bidet hose.
- Fitted out with a moulded white washbasin set under a flat, solid Avonite surface.
- Quality mixer taps and shower controls from the 'Hansgrohe' range.
- A mirror and lockers are installed.
AFT MASTER HEAD
- To starboard with an Elecric toilet, washbasin, and separate shower stall including simple fold away teak seat.
- Flooring in artificial teak — Esthec product.
- Mirror & lockers.
- Ocean 8C ISO9650 SOLAS B in canister (SMNO standard).
- Kannad Safelink EPlRB (Cat 2) 406 Mhz (new 2016).
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- Jonbuoy inflatable danbuoy with light.
- Jonbuoy recovery module.
- Webbing jackstays for use with life harness.
- Emergency tiller. First aid kit.
- Various including fire extinguishers in engine bay and lazarette.
- CZone alarm monitoring system at chart table, with second repeater at pedestal.
Other Safety Features
- Door to forward cabin, including sealing around bulkheads and conduits. Electric gas solenoid valve
- Stainless storage boxes on each side of lazerette to expand storage.
- Oyster customized Wedgewood bone china crockery.
- Oyster customized Robert Welch stainless steel cutlery.
- Heyco Marine Tool Kit
- Warps and Fenders
- Assorted Tools, Spares, and Manuals
- Replaced House Batteries 11/19
- Replaced Water Heater 11/19
- Replaced Dodger 12/19
- Replaced Bimini 12/19
- Replaced Innerspring Custom Mattress 12/19
- Replaced Air Conditioning Waterpump 12/19
- Replaced Water Maker Pressure Pump 11/19
- Installed 110V Inverter For US 11/19
- Replaced All Upholstery 11/19
- Replaced Refrigeration and Freezer Compressors 12/19
- Applied Two Coast of Bottom Paint 11/19
- Compound and Wax Hull 11/19
- Applied Propspeed 11/19
- Replaced Float Switches 11/19
All personal belongings and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Oyster 54 Talaba