2012 Discovery 57
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 950,000 Tax Paid (US$ 1,264,165)
White hulled Ron Holland Discovery 57 with a fantastic teak interior and cream upholstery. She comes with a fab Formula spar, in-mast and Reckmann push button front sails. She has been sparingly used and much loved. Below decks, she is a real tardis with a fab owner’s stateroom, 2 large guest cabins at the front and huge saloon. She sails powerfully and easily assisted by Mr North of North Sails. She is the business.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
ON A WHIM
Builder: Discovery Yachts Ltd.
Designer: Ron Holland
LOA: 57 ft 3 in
Beam: 16 ft 9 in
LWL: 51 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 8 in
Displacement: 30844 kgs
Ballast: 10000 kgs
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: D3-150
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull moulding in white with light blue boot top and a taped cavita line in gold.
- Cu-NI Guard Copper Antifouling.
- White mullions.
- Vinylester resin is used which gives superior strength over more traditional polyester resins.
- The lay-up under vacuum ensures complete structural integrity & incorporates a high density foam core, providing exceptional stiffness and insulation that meets or exceeds full CE standard for Category ‘A-Ocean’.
- Woven mat is used extensively for optimum strength to weight ratio, and is further reinforced by a layer of interwoven Kevlar throughout the bow area.
- Massive stringers run the full length of the boat, with structural rings athwart ships, incorporating engine beds and tank supports.
- Composite constructed bulkheads are rigidly laminated to the hull and deck.
- Watertight bulkheads separate the chain locker / sail locker & sail locker/accommodation, and the aft lazarette lockers.
- The deck is cored with plywood, with stainless steel or aluminum backing plates in all high-load areas.
- The hull-to-deck joint is bonded with structural adhesives and is through-bolted with stainless steel fasteners.
- Hull Moulding in "Flag Blue" Cavita line in gold tape, boot top line red over white moulded in the gelcoat
- The combination of two coats of isothalic gelcoat, with non-pigmented gelcoat below the waterline makes for an impervious hull surface that is highly resistant to osmosis.
- The hull below the waterline has 3 coats of epoxy (a further barrier to osmosis) and given two coats of Coppercoat anti-fouling for up to 10 years protection.
Keel & Rudder:
- External lead keel - 10,000 Kgs (22,000 lbs) Ron Holland designed a high performance keel, specifically shaped to provide maximum performance, stability and comfort.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta D3-150. Engine Hours: 730 @ 07-08-2020.
- Tier 3 emission compliant, excellent economy, coupled to a 2.43:1 reduction gearbox.
- Racor Twin Fuel Filter system with alarm.
- Engine room insulation in white.
Maintenance & Performance:
- The main engine has been maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations since build.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Volvo Morse Control on the starboard steering pedestal.
- Gori-folding prop with Overdrive, provides excellent economy with ropecutter.
- Aquadrive coupling, 38 mm (1.5”) stainless steel shaft and thrust bearing for reduced vibration.
- Side-power SE150-215T Bow Thruster (150kg/330lbs thrust)
- Twin 1060mm (42”), leather covered alloy wheels, Jefa torque tube steering system, giving a positive and direct control.
- Jefa auto pilot drive unit.
- Jefa Semi-balanced, over-sized, GRP, Kevlar reinforcement rudder blade, with a solid rudderstock of high-yield 329 stainless steel.
- 12V, 24V system supply, 230V domestic system, UK type sockets throughout.
- Marine-grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
- 12v socket fitted to navigation desk
- Domestic batteries: 24v (12x x2v) Sonnenschein/Exide A602 sealed gel batteries (748 Ah upgrade), design life 15 to 20 years.
- Engine and Genset: 2 x12 AGM batteries, with connector switch for emergency
- Bow Thruster: 2 x 12v AGM batteries.
- Victron Isolation transformer 230v, 32A, 7000W, 50-60Hz.
- Victron Quattro-24v-5k-100A-230V, 50-60Hz charger / inverter, with a Victron Blue panel remote control.
- 2 x Engine mounted alternators: 60 Amp (12v) unit for charging the engine start battery. 110 Amp (24v) alternator with Mastervolt regulator for charging house batteries.
- Onan 7kVa generator installed in engine room for near silent running.
- 220v shore power connection with ring main throughout the yacht.
- Silent Wind 24v generator fitted to aft antenna pole (pole is flanged to take an alternative satellite dome)
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Jabsco duel stage pump, provides high volume, 40psi fresh water supply, 75 ltr hot water calorifier.
- Back-up, foot-operated fresh water pump in the galley.
- 75 litre, twin coil, insulated calorifier boiler, heated via engine, heating system or AC electric power c/w expansion tank.
- Aquasource water filter for galley tap.
- Pressurised saltwater supply in chain locker c/w hose.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower at transom.
- Fresh water point in tray in cockpit.
- All Seacocks made from Marelon (nylon).
- Seafresh H206A Water Maker, 102 litres/hr - including remineralisation unit.
- Manual bilge pump - Plastimo type with handle integrated operated from the cockpit
- Automatic bilge pump to both lazarettes with alarm at helm.
- 3 x Automatic bilge pumps in sail locker & lazerettes with helm alarms.
Grey & Black Water:
- Grey water system (linked to heads & galley)
- 115 litres holding tank, with level sensor.
- Total capacity of 1,370 litres (301.35 gallons) in 2 x corrosion resistant polyethylene fuel tanks, with large inspection windows.
- Double Racor fuel water separator/filter with alarm.
- KTI fuel Polishing Module & manifold for various polishing options, including fuel transfer between tanks.
- Total capacity of 1,000 litres (219.96 gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x Blackwater tanks, 110 litres(24.19 gallons) & 80 litres (17.59 gallons).
- Greywater holding tank, 115 litres (25.29 gallons).
- Gas bottle locker to house 2 x 6kg propane bottles, regulator & manifold.
- Electric solenoid gas safety shut-off valve in galley.
- Piped gas supply and fitting for pushpit-mounted BBQ.
Navigation - Above deck:
- 4kw 18" Raymarine HD Digital Radar.
- ICOM 505 VHF fitted with loud hailer on mast.
- Radar Reflector - Echomax (Active).
- Raymarine 1 x i70 on port helm, 1 x i70 on starboard helm
- Furuno independent GPS on port pedestal
- Pedestal compasses on both pedestals
- Raymarine Smart Pilot on both pedestals
- Anchor counter and operation at starboard helm with a remote below
Navigation - Below deck:
- Raymarine Smart Pilot Controller - handheld wireless remote autopilot.
- Raymarine AIS 650.
- SSB wiring with Icom HF IC-M802
- C125 plotter in custom teak pedestal which retracts into the helm station when not in use
- Icom 505 VHF
- Galley taps with pull out shower head in chrome.
- Galley waste has plug and strainer incorporated, not chain and plugs.
- Panasonic microwave, grill & oven, 230v.
- Bosch Full size automatic washer/dryer installed in workroom.
- Ocean Chef XL gimbaled, stainless steel gas cooker with 5 burners, grill & oven & hood extractor fan above.
- Three basin sink, with backup foot pump fresh water supply.
- Large custom-designed 300 litre (10.4 cubic feet) front opening fridge and large front opening 170 litre (6 cubic feet) freezer (or optional fridge), superbly insulated, 24v, keel cooled for efficiency.
- Forward and aft heads drain fitted in floor as well as shower area.
- 2 x Tecma Electric heads (fresh or salt-water options), with 100/80l litres gravity black water tanks.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Climma Air Conditioning for the Aft cabin and Saloon
- Forward cabin air conditioning unit unstalled
- 230v extractor fan over the cooker that vents to the exterior.
- Eberspacher Hydonic M-2, M10 circulating hot water system with radiators in each cabin & heads.
- 8 x 24v DC fans, 2 in saloon & each cabin.
- 3 x low profile dorades in forward cabins, 2 vents in aft cabin for good natural ventilation.
- Fusion MS-AV700 marine entertainment DVD/CD/Ipod player with on deck speakers
- Samsung TV fitted in aft cabin, including TV antenna
- Samsung TV fitted in forward cabin, including TV antenna
- Transom step light LED 10-10435W.
- LED navigation lights, including LED tricolor/anchor light.
- LED spreader deck down lighters, LED transom light, LED Cockpit lighting.
- Dimmable interior LED lighting throughout, red night light at Navigation station & galley.
- Interior sole-board red night lighting throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- All the interior joinery is in teak with Wenge detailing
- The teak saloon table includes a compass rose.
- Amtico flooring throughout, which matches the teak joinery beautifully
- Galley corian in Sandstone.
- Aft heads corian in Elderberry.
- Saloon seating cushions in Cream Leather
- The seating to starboard is in a cream cloth
- Clock and Barometer
- Navigation seat cushions in Brown Leather.
- Aft cabin head board in Cream Leather.
- Aft cabin roman blinds/curtains in Zimmer Rohde Avanti Stripe.
- Forward cabin headboard in Novaseude Fawn.
- Forward cabin roman blinds/curtains in Zimmer Rohde Avanti Stripe.
- Pullman cabin roman blinds/curtains in Zimmer Rohde Avanti Stripe.
- Oceanair skysol blinds to saloon in Chintz Topaz 465-0555.
- Oceanair Venetian blinds (heads and galley) in Brushed Bronze
- Shade/Mosquito screens fitted to all hatches.
- Large owners cabin aft with en-suite leading forward to a large inline U shaped galley to port.
- The centerpiece is a stunning raised saloon with genuine panoramic views.
- Adjoining the saloon is a utility room/workshop with a washing machine, spares lockers and walk-in access to the engine room.
- There is another full double cabin forward cabin & pullman cabin with offset bunks. Spacious forward heads with partitioned shower.
Description of layout:
- Panaromic salon windows giving 270 degree views, in tinted airline grade glass with Oceanair skysol blinds.
- Teak interior finish with an attractive Wenge insets and detailing.
- Hardwearing Amtico flooring throughout to match the teak joinery
- Leather saloon seating in cream leather with a brown leather navigation seat
- A superb folding saloon table top, for 6 to 8 people in teak with a compass rose
- The galley width provides safe working at sea with windows.
- There are 2x centre line sinks, plus a drying ‘sink’ & Blanche Corian worktops.
- Extensive locker and drawer storage; handy garbage chute.
- The master cabin has 2x twin vertical hull windows for bedside views with electric roman blinds & a king-size berth
- The starboard quarter has a fabric seat.
- There are lee cloths in all berths.
- Recessed Skyscreens, with duel blanking & mosquito screens on cabin hatches throughout providing undisturbed sleep.
Engine Room & Engine Controls:
- Full walk-in access from utility room/workshop with excellent sound insulation and 240v low noise electric engine-room fans.
- Twin throttle controls & control panels, one at each helm.
- Volvo NMEA 2000 output to plotters.
- Formula white painted mast with hydraulic in mast main sail furling, with emergency manual drive.
- Twin Whisker poles stowed on mast c/w 2 x uphauls, 2 x pole downhauls.
- Reckman electric furler for both Genoa & Jib.
- Navtec Hydraulic Boom Vang.
- 2nd Spinnaker halyard (halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and Spinlock jammer).
- Stainless steel rigging screw covers.
- Electric winches & electric mainsheet traveler.
- North Sail, Dyneema Radial Cut Sail material.
- Mainsail SRP95 80.0 sq m 861 sq ft with 4 x vertical battens.
- Self-tacking Blade Jib SRP95, 58.0 sq m 624 sq ft with 4 x vertical battens.
- Genoa SRP75, 109.0 sq m 1173 sq ft.
- UV sail protection for sails
- Guard wires with bottle screws for tension.
- GS Composite Carbon Gangway with custom storage area in forward lazarette
- Gin and tonic seats at pulpit and pushpit
- Forward and aft fixed stainless steel stanchions
- 2 x folding midships boarding ladders.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Delta anchor with 100m x 12mm chain
- Lewmar V5 electric anchor windlass with wireless remote & pedestal mounted control and chain counter.
- Deep self-draining chain locker, with chain kicker/ diverter plate.
- Twin roller stainless steel stem.
- 10 x Stainless steel mooring cleats (2 x oversized at bow, 4 x folding midships, 4 x aft).
- Various mooring lines and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Acyrlic colour for exterior canvas work Off White ACOW15UC/PU.
- Windscreen mounted in cab top.
- Exterior Covers and Cushions.
- Cockpit cushion and helm seat set in white with blue piping
- Sprayhood in Acrylic Off White.
- Bimini Top in Acrylic Off White
- Pedestal & Wheel covers in Acrylic Off White
- Cockpit table cover in Acrylic Off White
- Full Dinghy Cover in Acrylic Off Whitte
- Full set of cockpit & helm cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- 3.10m Ribeye Dinghy with 9.9hp engine including lashing straps, davit protectors, fuel, outboard lock, keel guard, lifting points & strops.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel davits with electric / hydraulic pivoting arms, push button control.
- Custom Push pit mounted life raft cradle suitable for hydrostatic release.
- Kannad Safelink EPIRB (1).
- Horseshoe set c/w bracket and light - colour white (2).
- Kim Lifebuoy Drogue and Pocket (2).
- 6 man liferaft – needs service .
- Fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon International
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Geographe, WA, Australia
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom