2012 Southerly 57 RS
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deale, MD
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 1,275,000 Tax Paid
$200,000 Price Reduction
TAL’LIRA is without a doubt the most attractive southerly 57 on the market today.
With upgrades in 2018/2019 - New Seldon 400E Jib Furler, NEW STANDING RIGGING, NEW RUNNING RIGGING, New upgraded larger capacity washer/dryer
She has had an extensive refit with amazing upgrades to the tune of $600,000 in 2017/2018. There’s too much to list, however here are some of her refit highlights:
- Upgraded New Volvo D3-150 hp Engine replacing theVW TDi 140hp
- New Mathers engine controls at both stations
- Empire cambus electrical system upgraded to the much more reliable C-Zone Mastervolt system
- New Keel and swim platform hydraulic system
- New Selden genoa furler
- New main sail
- New genoa
- New Jib
- Fresh beautiful Awlgrip paint job on the hull
- All new battery banks
- New Fusion 750 stereo system with subwoofer, three zones and new high quality speakers in each zone
Southerly - World Leaders in Variable Draft Cruising Yachts
36 years and continuous research & development are the main reasons that Southerly has become recognized as a world leader in variable draft cruising yachts.
The Southerly 57's Swing Keel system gives this yacht a capability not enjoyed by other yachts. There are many advantages to this swing keel and the fact that the keel completely retracts inside the hull to a draft of just 3’6”. She’s designed so she can even sit on the bottom. When all the way down the foil shaped keel delivers a 10' 9" draft and the upwind pointing ability of many racing yachts.
The 57SR is a powerful voyager designed for unlimited cruising yet offers stylish lines with sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. Primarily designed for easy handling, most everything is controlled with a push of button from the helm, and can be sailed by just two people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast in all weather conditions, with minimum effort.
Down below, Rhoades Young has created luxurious spaces on different levels that function equally well for a couple or a crowd. The raised seating area over the keel box in the center of the boat allows a party of 10 to see out the large ports while lounging around the dinner table. Professional crew can take their meal in the small “breakfast nook” opposite the galley that doubles as a computer workstation. Young has designed spaces for superyacht amenities, like a dishwasher and trash compactor, in a galley with enough room for four people to work.
Southerly 57RS is built in excess of LLOYDS and conforms to CE category A Unlimited Ocean.
US duty paid.
Give us a call Today and get more details on this one of a kind Southerly 57SR
Specializing in Quality Cruising Yachts
Please contact Roger Johansson at 1-800-871-1333 or 410-867-9022
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 58 ft 2 in
Beam: 17 ft 1 in
LWL: 52 ft 5 in
Displacement: 58755 lbs
Ballast: 18409 lbs
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: D3-150
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (228 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (309 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (105 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The interior style is traditional in its practicality. The contemporary styling creates a fresh and modern feel throughout the yacht.
Rhoades Young was commissioned to work alongside the in-house design team to create a seamless interior - very careful space planning, extended diagonal sight lines and views beyond the cabin boundaries create an illusion of space which leaves the interior feeling light and airy. The overriding impression is of light and space, with connection between inside and out through extensive windows both the sides and forward, affording commanding views when relaxing in the raised salon. Numerous opening hatches provide cross ventilation.
"Tal' Lira" has lovely Birch joinery accented with teak creating a light and elegant feel to the interior. The blue ultraleather upholstery provides a striking accent. The 3 cabin layout boasts a supremely spacious aft master stateroom. A large forward guest stateroom and mid-ships cabin provides excellent accommodations for guest and crew.
- 4-Zone Reverse cycle air conditioning 50,000 BTU
- Aft and Forward Air conditioning upgraded to 12,000 BTU
- New 220V air conditioning raw water pump
- Espar Hot air heating system with 6 outlets
- Concertina blinds fitted in raised coach roof area
- Remote control operation of front window blinds
- Rollershade screens to all hatches
- Teak & Holly flooring
- LED Interior lighting
- 26" HD TV flush mounted in salon
- 32" HD TV flush mounted in master stateroom
- Glomex TV antenna at mast head
- Blu-Ray DVD player built into joinery
- Tecma electric toilet
- Jabsco manual toilet
- Upgraded larger capacity Washer/Dryer -2018
- HRO Watermaker - 95 liters/hr - cat pump replaced and system rebuilt 2017
- Custom fitted bedsheets and underlayers
Master Cabin - Spacious master cabin aft with dressing table/vanity, lighted mirror and great storage in hanging lockers, and centerline queen berth. Settee to stb. Additional storage under berth, lighted steps, more storage along bulkhead. Wall mounted flat screen TV. Fans for additional circulation, large port lights with concertina blinds. Reading lights. All in lovely light tone birch providing an airy and roomy feel. Ensuite head compartment with separate shower, Corian counter tops, loads of storage, electric toilet.
Crew or Guest Cabin - Over/under berths will sleep 2 comfortably, under berth storage and lockers. Reading lights and fans.
Large Guest Cabin- Forward Cabin for guests offers a queen size berth with hanging lockers, settees port and stb, under berth storage drawers. Easy access to head compartment with Corian countertops, loads of storage and separate shower. Portlights with blinds for light and privacy. Fans and reading lamps.
The large galley is forward of the salon in a lower position for comfort at sea. It includes all the appliances and fixtures one would expect on a yacht of this caliber with large surfaces and a well considered layout.
There is an abundance of storage lockers and cupboards. Additionally, there are 2 very well positioned pull out pantry's with numerous shelves for storage.
The galley has a large working area, yet is shaped to provide safety. The partially open back to the salon seating allows the cook on duty to be a part of activities with thier guests.
- Front loading stainless steel refrigerator
- New Frigoboat refrigeration compressor with air and keel cooler option
- Front loading freezer, drawer units
- New Frigoboat freezer compressor with air and keel cooler options
- New freezer keel cooler
- New Frigoboat digital controls with variable compressor speed controls for refrigerator and freezer compressors
- Force 10 - 4 burner stove w/oven
- New Fischer Paykel Dishwasher
- New Kenmore trash compactor
- Southerly china and glasses
- Twin SS sinks with fitted chopping board
- Chrome freshwater foot pump
- Aquafilta water filter
Electronics and Navigation
The nav area is conveniently situated at the base of the companionway on the port side. This area is raised as is the salon, allowing you to see outside. A large comfortable swivelling helm seat with fold down arm rests locks you in place.
- Raymarine nav pack: 3 x E125 plotters, 7 x i70, 2 x P70, 1 x SPx30 & Pilot drive, 1 x ST600R remote
- Raymarine AIS 650 Transponder
- HD radar scanner
- Fleet Broadband, Sailor FB250
- Wi-FI amplifier WL510
- Video splitter to allow video from mast mounted camera to show on multiple plotter displays
- New Fusion 750 stereo system with subwoofer, 3 zone sound system and new high quality speakers in each zone
- Raystar 130 Satellite differential mounted on coach roof
- New Sirius satellite radio integrated with network cable to all Raymarine chartplotters
- New Raymarine Sirius weather
- External VHF speaker
- Loud hailer for Icom 423 fitted at helm
- Icom Command Mic external handset
- Globesurfer 3G router, mobile broadband mast mounted
- Ray Cam 100 Day & Night video fitted at mast facing foredeck
- Lopo LED nav lights
- EPIRB (2016)
Engine and Electrical
- Volvo D3-150 (replaced in 2018) New (approx. 270 hours June 2019)
- New Mathers electronic gear controls at both helm stations
- Aqua Drive unit
- 4 blade Max prop & rope cutter
- Cummins Onan 220v 9.6 kw 50Hz Generator (1060 hours June 2019)
- New Mastervolt C-Zone digital control & monitoring network
- Mastervolt 110v / 220v 5Kw transformer (New 2013)
- Softstart (New 2013)
- Mastervolt 24 / 12v DC converter
- New Mastervolt 10 x AGM Slimline 185Ah each (24v - 925Ah in total)
- New 24V DC and 12V DC 180 and 200 amp alternators
- Dedicated 12v battery system in addition to standard, includes 225Ah battery and dedicated charger
- New Mastervolt 12v 225Ah battery
- New Mastervolt group 24 12v engine start battery
- Additional Mastervolt battery charger for larger battery bank
- Additional shore supply with changeover switch
Sails and Rigging
The Southerly 57 is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just 2 people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast, with minimum effort. The double head sail is suitable for most wind conditions; the self-tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort - ideal for coastal cruising. The overlapping genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs and together, the double headsail is perfect for downwind trade wind sailing.
- NEW STANDING RIGGING
- NEW RUNNING RIGGING
- Selden Triple Spreader mast with a double headsail rig
- Powered in-mast furling mainsail - rebuilt 2017
- Powered hydraulic outhaul drive in boom
- New powered Selden Furlex genoa furler
- New 400E Selden Jib Furler 2018
- Powered Jib furling inner stay - serviced 2017
- New Mainsail, Jib and Genoa - Dacron by Mack Sails (2018)
- New North Sails Spinnaker (2018)
- Lewmar 48 Electric halyard winches port and starboard
- Lewmar 54 Electric main sheet winch and jib sheet winch
- Lewmar 68 Electric (2 speed) Genoa sheet winches
- Hydraulic boom vang and backstay
- Carbon spinnaker pole with vertical mast stowage
The aft cockpit is extremely spacious, yet secure with comfortable seating and a large cockpit table for entertaining guests in style. For convenience there is a refrigerated box in the table. A glass windscreen provides great visibility and extra protection from the elements. Covering the cockpit is a grand bimini creating a real outdoor room.
The twin wheeled helming position allows the helmsman to enjoy the powerful performance of the yacht, with dedicated areas for sail controls and sailing short handed. Further seating aft allows for guests to relax in comfort, while enjoying all round views.
- Bow & Stern Thrusters
- Lewmar Windlass with gypsy and drum, deck and helm switches and chain counter
- Stainless steel striking plate on bow, just below stem head fitting
- Stainless Steel Windscreen with 6mm safety glass and center opening window
- Dodger attaches to windscreen
- Large bimini with aft extension for privacy and additional shade
- Deck cover (New 2013)
- Cockpit cushions with seat backs
- Large Teak cockpit table with folding leaves and SS safety railing
- Low level LED cockpit lighting
- Cockpit down lighting and light fitted underside of boom
- Single Pulpit seats with teak slats fitted port and starboard
- Hydraulic Transom door opens to large storage garage and swim platform
- Deck shower with hot & cold fitted in transom
- Freshwater deck wash pump
- Tri-view vertical in hull port lights on both sides of aft cabin
- Copper coating on hull and keel - 4 years old - touched up 2018
- Flo coat inside of hull up to waterline
- Canvas covers for helm stations, cockpit table, winches
- 12 volt Dinghy inflator
- Teak outboard motor mount fitted aft
- Dingy Highfield 310 (2018)
- Mercury 2-stroke 15hp (2017)
- 6 man Ocean canister life raft - mounted on stern pushpit (Inspected - 2017)
Keel - Deck and Equipment
The hull is characterised by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully sleek stylish lines of the raised pilot house coachroof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. The large fold down transom door gives access to a large stowage area, ideal for a dinghy or diving equipment. When the door is lowered it makes a great bathing platform and provides good access for boarding.
- New Awlgrip above the waterline and refreshed copper coat below
- Deck - lightly sanded, refurbished 2017
- New hydraulic system for Keel and Swim platform with added fluid filter
The Swing Keel is an essential feature on a yacht of this size. While the deep draft of 10' 9" provides excellent windward performance, stability and good sail carrying capabilities, the extra depth is restrictive in marinas and around shorelines, etc. At the 'touch of a button' the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of only 3' 6" - perfect for coastlines, low tides and those shallow waters that most all other sailboats cannot get into.
Sail Magazine Review
SOUTHERLY 57 SAIL MAGAZINE BEST BOAT WINNER 2011
In 2011 SAIL Magazine awarded the Southerly 57 as the Best Boat Winner for flagship monohulls. Following is an excerpt from their announcement.
"One day you might be power-reaching across an ocean, logging double-digit speeds under a massive A-sail set on a retracting bowsprit. On another day you may be tacking effortlessly up a narrow channel, putting the helm over and watching the self-tacking jib slam across its track, enjoying the windward bite and responsive steering of a deep-drafted performance cruiser. Or you may have nosed up to a beach, the boat sitting upright on the hard sand as the tide recedes, your children playing in the shadow of the sleek hull.
If you own a Southerly 57RS all this and more is possible, which is why we had no hesitation in singling this boat out from a strong group of contenders. Designed by Ed Dubois and built in Britain by Northshore Yachts, the 57RS is the flagship of a line of strong, seaworthy and well-crafted variable-draft sailboats. It is a bluewater-capable cruiser with a difference."
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy