2011 Sabre 456 MKII
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- San Diego, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 549,000
While her hull and deck are built using the modern VIP resin infusion technology, her interior is crafted in the traditional manner with bulkheads and furnishings tabbed to the inner skins of the hull and deck to create a monolithic structure. This method of boatbuilding provides the strongest possible vessel, one that her owners can rely upon to take them across oceans in complete safety.
In her handcrafted American cherry interior are many fine woodworking details: an interior plan with a sumptuous master suite for a cruising couple, and a main salon and galley providing all modern creature comforts for extended periods aboard. Guests will be comfortably accommodated in an aft cabin with private en-suite head unit.
The 456 has both great sailing performance and elegant comfort, the very best of the past brilliantly combined with the latest in boatbuilding technology.
This beauty was just updated with a sparkling new paint job! Topsides, awlgrip including boot / cove stripe. New bottom paint. A must see!
Please contact Jeff Brown at 619-709-0697
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 45 ft 6 in
Beam: 14 ft 1 in
LWL: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 27150 lbs
Ballast: 10850 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH-TCE 4 cylinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Drive Type: Other
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (45 Gallons)
- Resin infused Airex closed cell PVC foam cored, fiberglass of alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving.
- Isopthalic NPG gelcoat.
- Below waterline chopped strand glass and vinylester resin as a back up for ISO NPG gelcoat.
- Internal deck to hull joint.
- LP painted Boot stripe.
- Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull providing integral, structural strength.
- Step transom
Onan generator 7.5KW installed in sail locker Outboard main salon lockers to have Shoji doors 4:1 Mainsheet system led aft to secondary winches on coamings port and starboard Furlex Furler for tall rig Double roll on main salon cushion seat Dimmer switch on main salon overhead lighting Deeper fin keel Taller Selden mast Stainless steel swing out nav seat Latches on all floor hatches Shelf in cabinet under galley sink and bottom Add fiddle with dip in middle on counter top outboard of sink Add full star inlay on table top Add a stainless steel shelf with bar across above stove
- Single unit, vacuum bagged with Airex core for and HD core in high stress areas.
- Deck bonded to hull using stainless steel thru-bolts every 8″ (4” in way of the genoa tracks), with aircraft style locknuts .
- Polyurethane sealant used in the hull/deck joint.
- Edson wheel steering with 48" Five spoke, Comfort Grip Destroyer wheel, guard and brake.
- 5" Ritchie compass mounted in stainless steel binnacle.
- Emergency tiller stored in cockpit locker.
- Balanced rudder is molded fiberglass bonded to a carbon fiber rudder stock
- One deep storage locker to port
- Two lazarette lockers.
- Cockpit locker to starboard with Lewmar hatch to aft cabin.
- Winch handle pockets in coamings.
- Solid teak cup holder on pedestal.
- Two cockpit scuppers to sea valves.
- Stove fuel storage locker in port side deck.
- Transom boarding ladder with teak treads.
- Yanmar 75hp 4JH-TCE 4 cylinder. fresh water cooled, turbocharged diesel with sail drive and folding propeller
- 12-volt 120 amp Balmar alternator for ship?s batteries.
- 100 (approx) gallon custom aluminum fuel tank, deck filled, shut-off valve, vented and grounded.
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Raw water intake strainer with wrench.
- Engine oil drip pan.
- Flexible four point engine mounts minimize vibration and noise.
- Engine compartment exhaust blower.
- Engine compartment light.
- Engine access provided by sound and heat insulated removable panels.
- Tachometer , hour meter, volt, oil, fuel level, and temperature gauges recessed in cockpit face.
Mast and Boom
- One piece aluminum, keel stepped mast with triple airfoil spreaders, masthead rig with white LP finish.
- Masthead w/2 forward halyard sheaves + spinnaker crane – Internal main and genoa halyards.
- Selden Vang led aft.
- Spare halyard exits.
- Pre-wired with VHF radio cable.
- Internal clew outhaul led aft
- External boom topping lift.
- Two sets of internal single line reefing led aft
- Three 4D 12-volt deep cycle marine service batteries @210AH ea
- One 105AH dedicated engine start battery.
- Twin 30A-110 Volt shore power system ELCI whole boat protected includes (2) 50 foot shore power cords
- Macerator pumps on both heads
- 2000 watt Inverter/battery charger
- Microwave oven in galley
- TV in main salon
- LED overhead lighting throughout
- Cabin courtesy lights
- All wiring is tinned, color coded, numbered and meets USCG regulations
- Master AC/DC panels with volt and ammeters, marine circuit breakers and polarity indicator
- 12 Volt windlass. Rope/chain gipsy
- Inboard genoa tracks aluminum T 1 1/4″ x 3/16″ x 12′
- Inboard tracks are recessed into the deck tooling.
- (2) Stainless steel cowl vents protected by stainless grab rails. – Stainless steel companionway handrail..
- Inboard tracks supplied with sheet lead blocks.
- Main sheet led to ball bearing cabin top traveller, and aft to a two-speed self -tailing winch.
- Custom mast collar with provision for halyard and turning block attachments.
- Two 12″ 4-bolt cleats forward, mid deck and aft.
- Self-draining foredeck, divided anchor locker with drain and stainless pad eyes to secure end of anchor rodes.
- Two recessed deck scuppers.
- Stainless steel mid-rail and aft corner chocks.
- Stanchions are 30″ high
- Pulpit, stern rail and stanchions are custom fabricated of stainless steel thru-bolted with aluminum backing plates. Top rails are 1.25″ diameter. Lower rails are 1″
- Double lifelines stainless steel cable with port and starboard boarding gates with braced stanchions.
- Lifeline terminals and turnbuckles are swaged stainless steel. – Stainless steel handrails and teak toe rails.
- Main and genoa halyards led aft.
- (2) Wichard fold-down pad eyes in cockpit for attachment of customer supplied safety harnesses
- Main halyard winch is Electric Harken 46.2 STEC12H
- Harken 46.2 STC two speed winch for main sheet, outhaul, genoa halyard and reefing
- (2) Harken 60.2 STC self-tailing two speed primaries.
- Three 10" chrome winch handle
- Headstay; Wire 1 x 19. (Navtec Rod Optional.)
- Backstay, upper shrouds, intermediate D2 and D3 and lowers are all Navtec Nitronic 50 Alpha Rod.
- Spreader and turnbuckle boots, shroud covers
- Navtec Hydraulic backstay adjuster
- All lines color coded
- Main halyard with headboard shackle. – Genoa halyard with snap shackle
- Polyester double braid main sheet.
- Polyester double braid genoa sheets.
- Traveler control lines.
- Single line reefing lines.
- Polished SS double galley sink.
- AC/DC Indel Isotherm drawer type refrigerator with two drawers in galley and top loading DC freezer in sail locker
- 6’6″ headroom in main and aft areas, with 6’4″ headroom in forward sections.
- Forward cabin has a 6’8″ Island berth
- Main cabin has two settee berths; port berth converts to a double. Berths are 6’8″ long.
- Aft-cabin with 6’8″ full width double berth.
- Storage in aft-cabin settee.
- Lockers and shelves in aft-cabin for storage.
- Large cedar lined hanging lockers in fore and aft cabins.
- Optimized area for instrument installation, storage locker space and panel arrangement at the chart table.
- Main cabin berth back lockers with louvered doors.
- Two heads with showers.
- Forward head has stall shower and ceramic tiled sole
- Thick foam cushions covered with a durable fabric, zippered for ease of removal and cleaning.
- Quiet Flush MSDs fresh water fed
- Lights in cedar lined hanging lockers.
Ventilation and Light
- (11) Deck hatches with interior trim and provision for screens.
- Main cabin recessed fixed port lights of Marguard Lexan.
- (2) stainless steel dorade cowl vents.
- (2) opening ports in the aft-cabin with screens.
- Custom stainless steel opening ports in main and forward cabins with screens.
- Acrylic sliding companionway hatch w/frp spray hood
- and solid teak hatch boards and screens.
- Hatch boards have positive locking mechanism for use when sailing offshore.
- Screened hatch boards.
- Convenience Tool kit.
- Cockpit locker and engine compartment lights.
- Flush thru-hulls with Marelon seavalves.
- Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven.
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Automatic electric bilge pump with high water alarm – Manual, cockpit mounted bilge pump.
- Laminated trim on shelving and berth tops.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
L.O.A. 45' 6"/13.87m
L.W.L. 38' 4"/11.6m
Beam 14' 1" /4.29m
Draft: 5' 6" /1.72M
Displacement (lbs):Light ship 27,150 lbs/11.96T
Ballast (lbs): 10,850 lbs/4.93M
P 52.6' /16.03m
E 19.2' /5.84m
I 59.6' /18.14m
J 17.7' /5.40m
Total Sail Area (sq. ft/M) 1043/96.89
Spinmaker Area (sq. ft/M) 1899/19.81
Main Halyard/Reef Electric winch Harken 46.2 STEC12H
Jib Halyard and mainsheet winch Marken 46.2 STC
Primary winches 60.2 STC
Cockpit Length 8' 6" /2.59M
Headroom (Max) 6' 6" /1.98M
Water Tanks - 3 (Total gals/L) 200/750L
Holding Tank - 2 (gals/L) 45/206L
Batteries (No. @ Amp Hrs.) 3 @ 210 Amp, 1 @ 105 Amp
Berths (No. @ Sizes) 7 @ 6' 8"/2.03M
Chrome Dorades 2
Opening Ports 12
Destroyer Wheel (Diameter) 48"/1.22M
Auxiliary Engine Yanmar 4 Cyl 75 Hp
Fuel Tank (gals.) 100/375
Theoretical Hull Speeds (Knots) 8.2
PHRF Rating (Average) 42
Mast Hgt Above WL (excl masthead lighting) 64.0'/19.51M
Built to NMMA, ABYC, USCG and CE category A standards
Raymarine C120 Chartplotter ( Nav station ).
Raymarine C90 Chartplotter ( Helm station ).
Raymarine Radar ( viewable on either chart plotter ).
Raymarine SPX30 Autopilot.
Raymarine ST70 Displays ( 3 )
Raymarine ST60 Analog wind display.
Ray 240 VHF radio ( Nav station and helm station ).
Xantrex Inverter / charger / system monitor 3Kw.
Clarion M309 stereo with salon and deck speakers.
Toshiba flat screen TV in vertical hideaway.
Blue Sea tank and system monitors ( 2 displays ).
Yanmar 4JH4-TE diesel (No. E 13898) - approximately 500 hours
Cummins Onan Generator (50 Hours) 11.5 KW ( D722 - E212 ) ( AKBXL 719KCB ) ( No. AL6736 ).
Heads.. Jabsco ( Electric ( 2 units ).
Marine Air - Air conditioning ( 3 units ).
Isotherm Fridge and Freezer ( Drawers ).
Xintex fume detector.
Force 10 - 3 Burner stove with oven / broiler.
Hella fans ( 3 units ).
Courtesy lights throughout.
Linens and towels.
Plates and crockery.
Yamaha 9.9 HP 4-stroke outboard ( very low hours ).
Selden 3 spreader rig
Selden Boom with lazy Jacks.
Selden rigid boom vang.
Selden Furlex genoa curler system.
North Mainsail and Genoa.
Edson Pedestal, with 48" wheel ( fresh leather ) and Ritchie Powerdamp compass.
6x Harken winches ( 3 powered ).
Harken traveller and sheet tracks.
7x Lewmar rope clutches.
Navtec Hydraulic backstay adjuster.
Lewmar 45lb CQR anchor with 100' ( ? ) BBB chain and rope rode.
Salt water anchor wash.
20lb Fortress anchor.
Canvas covers ( mainsail cover and dodger new 2019 ).
Cockpit courtesy lights.
Mosquito companionway boards.
11 Lewmar deck hatches ( with blinds and mosquito netting ).
11 coaming portlights.
Deck fresh water shower.
Seaview Davit for outboard engine.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.