2011 Morris M42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brooklin, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 497,000
SIGNIFICANT PRICE REDUCTION - SEA FEVER REPRESENTS THE BEST M42 VALUE ON THE MARKET AND IS IN THE WATER AND READY TO GO SAILING.
SEA FEVER is a perfect example of the elegant simplicity that expanded the success of her little sister the M36, adding standing headroom and more amenities for coastal cruising for a couple while still preserving the ease of singlehanded daysailing. With a large, comfortable cockpit, simplified sail handling with all control lines let to two electric winches at the helm and a beautiful open interior with everything needed for cruising the coast, she is a perfect boat for single handed sailing, with or without family and friends.
While often thought of as a big daysailer because of the association with the M36, the M42 is also a great coastal cruising boat for a couple or small family. The owner enhanced Sea Fever during the build process to extend her abilities for cruising by increasing her fuel and water capacity, upgrading the battery bank, upgrading the ground tackle and many other improvements for comfortable cruising.
Specializing in Morris/Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-401-2802 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on Morris new and used sailboats and brokerage Hinckley power or sailboats.
For more information on SEA FEVER, or any other Morris listings, please contact Morris Yachts Sales & Brokerage Director Wythe Ingebritson at (207) 664-8111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or 207-401-2802
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 16279 lbs
Ballast: 6235 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 59 ft 8 in
Total Power: 39 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2011
Engine Model: 3JH48
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 580
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 39 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (68 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
SEA FEVER was built by an experienced yachtsman to be the perfect boat for cruising the coast of Maine with his wife and spending afternoons sailing with his family and friends. Throughout the build process the owner worked closely with Morris Yachts to simplify where it made sense and adding carefully thought out options to maximize the usability and enjoyment of the boat. Taking only minutes to get under sail, she is optimized for a variety of sailing conditions with her permanently rigged G-0 Gennaker – improving her performance in light winds and easy to roll up when the breeze comes up and the self-tacking jib comes out. Her custom short trunk cabin results in more sail area for the jib and main and adds to her stunning aesthetics. Exquisite craftsmanship, light seasonal use in Maine and excellent maintenance result in a boat that looks almost new and is a pleasure to sail.
SEA FEVER is currently stored inside heated storage with Hinckley Yacht Services in Southwest Harbor and is easy to see and get aboard.
- Infused composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa Core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed
- Marine Plywood structural bulkheads
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Hull is Stars & Stripes Blue Awlgrip
- Gold leaf cove stripe with clear coat sealer
- Awlgrip ‘Cream’ boot stripe
- Interlux Pacifica plus ‘Black’ bottom paint
- Oyster White deck gelcoat
- Manually consolidated composite deck with Polyester resin and vacuum-bagged Core-Cell foam core.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on the cockpit sole
- Light Tan non-skid
- Varnished teak toe rail and coamings cap
- SS chafe strips at boarding gates
- Custom cast SS bow, midship and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- (3) Schaefer Herreshoff style SS cleats. (1) 12” at bow and (2) 10” at stern.
- (2) Schaefer 8.5” SS removable cleats midship with canvas storage bag.
- Bow and stern rails with stanchions and double lifelines.
- (4) Small SS folding padeyes installed adjacent to the stanchion bases port and starboard/fore and aft for use with the preventer lines forward and aft to secure the boom at mooring.
- (3) Low-profile SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- (2) SS 4” cowl vents mounted on gel coated dorade boxes with stainless steel dorade guards.
- (3) SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- Anchor locker with pivoting anchor bracket and salt water washdown pump with flush fiberglass hatch.
- Large Forepeak with storage for fenders, lines, boarding ladder, spare anchor and telescoping boathook.
- SS anchor locker cleat for securing anchor line
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
The cockpit of the M42 was carefully designed to offer comfortable, ergonomic seating and sail handling with large seats over 6 feet on either side separated by a beautiful teak table mounted on centerline on an angled step that provides perfect bracing when sailing upwind. Lines run underdeck to two electric winches on either side of the helm provide fingertip control of the sails and make sailing simple – with family and friends or just out for a single handed afternoon sail.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Removable teak helmsman foot blocks with wide angled faces on cockpit sole just aft of the wheel.
- Canvas pedestal and wheel cover
- Safety padeye at helm
- Custom folding oiled teak helm step aft of pedestal for additional visibility.
- Sunbrella canvas dodger with fold SS bows and elkhide covered aft and side grab rails
- (2) Removable canvas dodger wings with large clear window panels for added protection in cockpit.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with leaves and storage cover.
- Teak clad footrest below cockpit table
- Large sail lockers port and starboard under cockpit seats with shelf with fiddle and bungee cord tie-downs in starboard sail locker
- Lazerette storage under helm seat
- (2) SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods with drains.
- SS custom MY drink holder at pedestal guard rail.
- Sunbrella ‘Pacific Blue’ exterior cushions with self-piping
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
- SS line hanger bars in cockpit sail locker
- Full cockpit sun awning provides shade and protection at anchor
The interior is built in Herreshoff style with Antique white bulkheads and varnished cherry joinery. The cabin sides are satin varnished cherry veneer. There is a cherry drop-leaf table permanently mounted in the main salon with integrated silverware drawers and bottle storage. Overhead in main cabin is painted v-groove wooden battens with fabric covered boards under side decks and over berth. Abundant natural light and ventilation is provided by opening overhead hatches and dorades with flow control slides in the cabin. Large fixed frameless portlights add to the light and view of the surrounding waters.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens are fitted to each overhead hatch.
- Cabin sole liftouts for access to systems below
- Forward cabin centerline berth with storage below the berth. Matching bureaus port and starboard with outboard lockers divide the berth from the main cabin
- Custom innerspring mattress by Portland Mattress for forward berth
- Varnished cherry shelves outboard of berth port and starboard
- Optional shelves with fiddles at the midway point of each of the main cabin upper lockers.
- (4) Black Hella cabin fans in main and forward cabin.
- (6) Wall-mounted SS cabin lights with integral switches in main salon and v-berth
- SS spot light above main salon table
- Sunbrella ‘Royal Blue’ interior cushions with antique ‘Beige Rib’ piping.
- (2) Teak companionway doors with removable screens and canvas storage bag.
- Varnished cherry grab rail on port side of companionway mounted to the head bulkhead
- Optional Corian color countertop in ‘Glacier Ice’
- Mirror-polished SS sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- 13ft pull-out sprayer at galley faucet for use as cockpit shower.
- Custom countertop organizer
- Isotherm 1.87 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with SS liner and removable shelves.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- (2) Scandvik adjustable rod lights.
- SS dome light with integral switch
- Garbage bin
- Custom dish locker outboard of stove
- Drawers and storage under counter
- Optional head stone countertop in ‘Thassos White Marble’ with polished SS sink and single lever faucet.
- Shelf with fiddle mounted in head sink locker
- Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Corian toothbrush and cup holder
- High grade glass mirror with frame mounted on forward bulkhead
- Halogen spot light mounted on varnished cherry base located above head with integral switch.
- Tecma electric macerating marine toilet.
- Trash bin under sink
- (2) Robe hooks
Electronics, Communication, and Navigation
The navigation electronics were updated in 2018 with a new chartpotter/radar at the helm, new instruments over the companionway easily readable from the wheel and a new VHF with a remote mic at the helm.
- Raymarine Axiom Pro HybridTouch color chartplotter/radar display (NEW 2018)
- Raymarine Ray 70 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional RayMic cockpit-mounted remote microphone. (NEW 2018)
- Raymarine AIS integrated into chartplotter display
- (3) Raymarine I70s color displays for speed, depth and wind mounted on the aft face of the seahood. (NEW 2018)
- Kato Marine SS fixed mast platform for Raymarine 4KW antenna.
- Raymarine ST8002-X10 autopilot with X-10 linear drive unit.
- Raymarine Smart Controller wireless hand held remote
- (1) Tri-lens mast-mounted radar reflector
- OGM LED combination tri-color anchor light
- Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing.
- Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing.
- Aquasignal combination steaming light and deck flood light.
- Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD player and 6” speakers in the main cabin
- 6” Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers installed at port and starboard foot wells of cockpit
- IPOD interface cable for stereo
- Satellite radio turner box w/ antenna mounted on spreader interfaced to stereo
- (3) Northstar high capacity AGM house batteries with 630 amp hour capacity (an upgrade from the standard house battery bank).
- Optima 1000M amp start battery with 800 cold cranking amps
- Battery isolator added to enable charging the engine starting battery and house bank with a single alternator.
- (2) 12 VDC outlets
- Exterior 12 volt outlet in starboard line locker
- Mastervolt 50 amp smart charger
- 110V shore power system with SS power inlet and 50ftx 30 amp cord.
- Electrical panel mounted to hinged board for easy access behind it.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- Yanmar 3JH4E x SD Saildrive unit, 3-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled 39 HP marine diesel engine. (520 hours July 2018)
- Flex-O-Fold 3 blade propeller
- Yanmar engine mount pan- fiberglass
- Speedseal raw water pump cover for easy access to impeller without tools
- Yanmar keyless engine panel
- Gauges for tachometer, coolant temperature, oil pressure and engine hours
- Ignition switch
- Preheat button
- Start/Stop buttons
- Audible alarms for cooling water high temperature, low lube oil pressure, Saildrive water sensor and tachometer.
- Edson single lever throttle with neutral safety switch located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Redesigned fuel tank with 50 gal capacity
- Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator
- Cruz-Pro calibrated fuel tank gauge
- Espar D4 Airtronic diesel cabin heater
- Saildrive line cutters
FRESH WATER SYSTEM:
- 68-gallon fresh water capacity.
- Additional 18 gal fresh water tank added under Vee berth.
- SS deck fill
- Shurflo pressure water system pump
- Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC
- Whale water system filter
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Tecma electric macerating marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to electric seacock valve for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor
- Electric through hull for over board discharge for easy operation offshore
- Jabsco diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge ump located near helm in cockpit
STEERING AND RUDDER:
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 44” teak rim wheel.
- Carbon fiber rudder and rudderpost
- Jeffa self-aligning upper rudder bearing
- Tides Marine self-aligning lower rudder bearing with adjustable lip seal.
- Emergency tiller
Spars and Rigging
The sail plan on Sea Fever was modified during construction to take advantage of the opportunities made possible by the short trunk cabin. The bigger, deck sweeping jib adds over 5% sail area compared to a standard jib and the luff of the main was lengthened to increase the main’s sail area by almost 2% resulting in more power and performance than a standard M42. In addition, a permanently rigged Code 0 on a furler forward of the jib easily powers the boat up in light winds.
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders
- Navtec SS rod rigging
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Leisurefurl in-boom mainsail furling system
- Harken MKIV Unit manual jib furling system
- Sailtec SS integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Forespar vang
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope
- Boom bail for preventer
- Harken MKIV Unit manual G-0 furling system
- Mast customized for permanently rigged G-0 with reinforcement for tang and sheave
- (2) Lewmar 50 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches
- (2) Lewmar 46 CCST manual self-tailing secondary winches
- (2) Lewmar 10” aluminum Powergrip lock-in winch handles
- Lewmar 30CCST halyard winch on mast
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following:
- Soft Norlam Full Batten Mainsail
- Soft Norlam Furling Jib with UV protective cover on leach
- G-0 Furling Gennaker with UV protective cover on leach
Anchoring and Mooring
- Delta 35lb anchor w/150’ of 5/8” diameter Yale Brait with 100’ of 5/16”HT chain.
- Anchor deployment system with manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Secondary FX23 anchor with storage in forepeak. Includes 50ft of 5/16” HT chain and 150ft of rope.
- Secondary anchor chocks on forepeak
- (3) 10” x 26” vinyl ribbed fenders with polar fleece covers.
- SS line storage bar in the forepeak locker
- Aluminum boat hook
- (3) Kiddle Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”
- Life jackets
- Removable two piece SS midship folding ladder with PVS treads and custom SS low profile mounting brackets with storage in forepeak.
- Engine spare parts kit
- Spare bulbs and fuses
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Mount Desert, ME, United States
Bourne, MA, United States
OCEAN SERIES 46
Bradenton, FL, United States
Ocean Series 38
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Tampa, FL, United States