2011 Dufour 40E Performance
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Leros, Greece
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 110,000 Tax Paid (US$ 121,704)
1st Owner/ Never chartered
3 Cabin/ 1 head version
Retractable Bow Thruster
2011 Dufour 40E Performance has been well maintained by her owners. This Performance version comes with a taller rig, combined with the yachts North Sails she will be able to crunch the miles with ease.
This Dufour 40E Performance benefits from a wealth of extras including, heating, Raymarine navigation equipment, solar panels, liferaft and an upgraded 55Hp Volvo Penta engine with folding prop.
With three double cabins and a convertible saloon, this Dufour 40 E Performance can sleep up to 9 guests.
Tim Brouardstarted his career working for a yacht brokerage commissioning new boats and managing brokerage boats. He then set up his own yacht management company on the Hamble before joining Nicolle Associates.
Tim is an experienced private skipper where in addition to cruising he has introduced owners and clients to the racing circuit with an impressive second in the Round The Island Race.
Tim is a qualified Yachtmaster Offshore and an active member of the Royal Thames Yacht club.
Contact Tim Brouard by email using the link below, or at DDI +44 (0)23 8115 7021, M +44 (0)78 6736 2107 for more details.
Please contact Tim Brouard at +44 (0)23 8115 7021
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Dufour Yachts
Designer: Umberto Felci / Dufour Yachts Design
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 35 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Vovlo Penta
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1000
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (380 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (200 Liters)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
- Volvo Penta D2-55 55Hp Engine
- Three bladed folding propeller
- Rectractable bow thruster
- Electric halayrd winch
- Diesel powered heating
- 8 person liferaft
- Raymarine chartplotter
- Raymarine Autopilot
- North Sails (Main, Genoa and Assymetric Spinnaker)
- Performance Symmetrical spinnaker gear with aluminium pole
- 4 Solar Panels
- Convertable saloon table for extra beds
- Iroko FSC trimmed seats, GRP sole.
- Central removable footrest.
- 2 large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps.
- Twin steering wheel system.
- Wheels in stainless steel.
- Engine control lever on starboard side.
- Large Propane locker on portside.
- Spacious cockpit locker integrated in the sole of the cockpit.
- 2 compasses for cruising and regatta purposes.
- Navigation instruments placed on cockpit bulkhead.
- Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole.
- Tilting aft platform with integrated bathing ladder.
- Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Cockpit shower hot/cold.
- Sprayhood, bimini, awning, winch cover, wheel covers
- Diesel powered heating system
Airtronic heating (outlets : saloon, cabins, head)
Folding saloon table with storage locker including cushion to convert table into berth)
- Cabin doors with double anti-vibration bolts.
- Floorboards in Moabi, high quality marine plywood.
- The floor boards are in laminated marine Moabi wood.
- Cabin mattress covers are quilted and made of anallergic fabric.
- Saloon cushions have removable covers in cream
- Ceiling lining of both cabins and saloon in white coloured marine wood.
- Intergrated bar in Saloon
F O R W A R D O W N E R ' S C A B I N
- Headroom: 1.89 m.
- Large berth approx. 200 x 140 cm.
- 10 cm mattress in 2 parts with washable covers.
- Access to stowage lockers under berth.
- Upper lockers with fiddle on hull side around berth to create a maximum of storage space.
- Large hanging locker with shelves
- Vanity table with storage on port side including removable seat that also be used at the saloon table of the 3 cabin/1 head version and 2 cabin/1 head version.
- Shoe locker.
- Book shelve.
- Big drawer under the berth.
- Water tank under the berth.
- Light and ventilation guaranted by a big size deck hatch, 2 portlights (according to version), 1 cabin and 2 reading lights.
- Access to navigation instrument transducers.
H E A D
- Manual marine toilets with cover in teak.
- Wash basin in synthetic Corian stone, with an excellent finish and ideal for easy maintenance.
- Large mirror.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- Shower with direct drainage by electric pump.
- Closing upper lockers with space for holding tanks.
- Ventilation by deck panel or opening portlight.
- Hooks in aft head for hanging oilskins.
- Custom made teak grating for shower floor
- Black water holding tank with a large capacity
S A L O O N
- Large U-shapped settee on portside with storage facilities.
- Settee on starboard side with storage facilities.
- Backrests and seats in foam.
- Suede cream colour covers, removable for ease of maintenance.
- Rectangular table with fiddles in wood.
- Saloon table with 2 folding blades to facilitate circulation and (as an option) with integrated bar.
- Stowage under seats and behind backrests.
- 2 stowage lockers with doors and a bookshelf above each settee.
- Bar and storage integrated in the arm rests.
- Light and ventilation by 2 deck hatches, 2 fixed portlights,
- 2 opening hatches, and 6 ceiling lights for optimum ventilation and day light inside.
- Ambient ceiling lights.
- 12 V DC SYSTEM.
- 15 function switchboard.
- 12V outlet at galley and switchboard.
- 1 x engine battery, 2 x bow thruster batteries and 3 x service batteries
- Battery switch for each battery in aft port cabin.
Raymarine auto pilot SPX30- ST70 control head- Raymarine linear drive
Raymarine plotter E90W
AIS 250 receiver
2 solar panels 12V 100W each on the bimini
2 solar panels 12V 50W each on the roof
12V outlet in cockpit for inspection light
220V+shore power outlets in cabins and saloon
- Radio CD player with 2 speakers compatible with MP3
2 loudspeakers in cockpit for Radio/CD
VHF loudspeaker in cockpit
- L-shaped galley close to companionway.
- Working top in white Corian® surrounded by wooden fiddles.
- Double stainless steel sink. Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water (cold/hot).
- Cooker with 2 burner stove/oven on gimbals.
- Big volume refrigerator (180L) 12V with lateral and top access.
- Stowage under sink with shelf and trays.
- Garbage bin, with double compartments, nicely hidden behind a hinged door.
- Sea water foot pump integrated in the floor.
- Outboard lower cabinet with cutlery drawer and sliding vegetable baskets.
- 3 upper cabinets with doors on hull side
- Crockery set with fiddle system for protection when yacht is heeling.
- 2 big size lockers for a maximum of stowing space.
- Light and ventilation ensured by opening port-light
- 2 spotlights over galley.
- Crumb tray under sole.
Engines and Mechanical
- VOLVO PENTA D2-55 55hp. Sail-drive transmission.
- Engine hours - 1000 (May 2019)
- Saildrive diaphragm seal replaced in 2015
- Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water filter.
- Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter and tachometer.
- Alternator with battery isolator.
- Fuel tank approx. 200 L, gauge on electrical switchboard.
- Water tank approx. 300L
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Emergency fuel shut-off handle.
- Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses.
- Three balde folding propeller.
- Access to the engine from front and both sides.
- Independent engine bilge.
- Quality sound proofing high density foam for optimum sound insulation.
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam coresandwich above water line.
- NPG Gelcoat with first of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis.
- Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull.
- Navy blue decorative stripes on the hull.
- Diamond point non skid profile on deck.
- Coachroof and cockpit covered with Iroko FSC wood.
- Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving, excellent interior finish, and a perfect rigidity.
- Standard draft 2.10 m, cast iron keel, bolts loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate.
- Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam.
- Rudder stock in plain stainless steel.
- Steering wheel system on self aligning roller bearings and ball bearings sheaves for a maximum of sensation and steering precision.
- Wood handrails on coachroof.
- Wood toerail on hull-deck joint.
- Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt.
- Removable stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller.
- Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights.
- Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay.
- Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder and opening cable gate with hook.
- Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guard-rails and life lines gates.
- 4 mooring cleats on backing plates, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line.
- Single chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines.
- 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel.
- Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveller.
- Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks.
- 2 genoa sheet return blocks with integrated jammer and eye for flying spinnaker sheet sheave.
- Aluminium mast collar with synthetic protection and sheet return blocks.
- Mast step in aluminium with halyard return blocks.
- Stainless steel swan neck electric cable gland.
- 2 deck organizers for halyard returns.
- 7 spinlocks on coachroof.
- 2 halyard winches on coachroof.
- 2 Genoa furling lines at hand of the helmsman.
- Deck block with jammer for genoa roller furling system.
- Sliding hatch and washboard in plexiglas, with stoppers and lock.
- GRP cover ahead of companionway.
- Deck panels integrated in the roof.
- 6 Harken Winches (1 electric)
- Eletric windlass with radio remote control
- Cockpit shower (hot/cold)
- Cockpit, coachroof and bathing platform with teak
- 12V outlet in cockpit for inspection light
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10.
- Mast is stepped on the keel.
- Profiled Performance mast.
- Anchor and steaming lights.
- Removable inner forestay available as an optional.
- Boom topping lift cleat.
- Anodised aluminium boom equiped with single line reefing system (2 reefs)*.
- Rigid boom vang, with tackle led back to cockpit.
- Genoa furling system with drum below deck.
- Discontinuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and Dyform*, chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds.
- Backstay adjusted with stay tensioner.
- Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa sheets, reef lines and furling line.
- Deck light
- North Sails Mainsail with lazy bag
- North Sails furling Genoa
- North Sails assymetric spinnaker with pole
Set of 4 winches 46STA for Spinnaker sheet and German mainsheet system
Halyards 2 winches Harken Radial B40ST
Electric halyard winch starboard;
Highload spinlock Jammer;
Black Magic blocks for mainsheet and spi guy
North sails NL70XG main sail, and furling jib, lazzy bag, lazy jack, 2 automatic reef and 1 additional reef;
North sail G3 Gennaker Norlon 150
Box turtle spinnaker bag
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is VAT paid.
- As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Leros, Greece.
- © 2019 Nicolle Associates
Other Boats from Nicolle Associates
Lake Balaton, Hungary
512 Grand Large
Jeju Island, Korea, Republic of