2011 Catana 59
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
With more than 26 years of experience and the help of several established firms of naval architects, the Catana drawing office has taken a fresh look at what makes the perfect catamaran.
All this has culminated in the new Catana 59. A Catana with incredibly streamlined hulls, classically elegant, and offering astounding performance.
The sail plan is borrowed from racing vessels, with a short mainsail that is easy to manage and a larger foresail.
Moving away from the legendary daggerboards that made the Catana shipyard's name, this catamaran is fitted with revolutionary curved daggerboards, to create a hydrofoil effect.
The result is an extremely safe and comfortable boat that achieves astonishing acceleration and an extraordinary cruising speed.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Christophe Barreau
Warranty: 5 years
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 64 ft 1 in
Beam: 32 ft 2 in
LWL: 64 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 12 ft 3 in
Displacement: 29983 kgs
Dry Weight: 18900 kgs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 2x 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (211 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (177 Gallons)
- Equal attention has been accorded to the layout of the Catana 59's interior.
- The cockpit and salon are on the same level, with a central area which can be extended into either, to make space for a large table.
- On the port side, it has a galley with a central island and a fine chart table facing the sea.
- A great deal more generous in size than its illustrious predecessor, the Catana 59 has three large cabins and a helmsman's cabin that can be used as a fourth passenger cabin; the passageways and cabins are more spacious and have more storage space to provide greater comfort on a long-distance voyage.
- Its incredible stability on water, due to its 59 feet and significant headroom under the nacelle, is complemented by its astonishing manoeuvrability.
- The instruments are all located in the cockpit, with the toerails, lifelines and handrails designed for easy, unrestricted movement.
- Visibility has also been a major focus of attention.
- The unobstructed 360° view from the cockpit, steering position, chart table and even the salon, guarantees an unparalleled level of safety and comfort.