2010 Valiant 50 Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 449,000
ANOTHER MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION OF $50,000.
THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY OF LIFETIME, WHERE ONE WILL GET AN ALMOST NEW VALIANT 50 AT 50 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR...
Sailed Only Once, Never Touched Ocean Salt Water, Covered Most Of Her Life, Less Than 96 Original Hours On Her Diesel, Less Than 10 Original Hours On Her GenSet. An Amazing Offering. For World Voyaging, One CAN NOT Find Any Better Of A Boat To Do It In.
An amazing opportunity presents itself! If you have been mourning the loss of one of the greatest boat builders ever…if you were always going to buy one…you need to act now! There is one last Valiant 50 available. Sailed only once. As new as new can get.
You already know that the Valiant is legendary. This is the standard against which blue water boats are measured. More cruising couples and solo sailors have chosen Valiant than any other boat. The Valiant 50 was developed in 1997 based on a modernization of the Valiant 47 made famous by several solo circumnavigations. As you read all the details in the full specs, we have tried to do justice to this incredible last Valiant 50. This is the last one, and she just might be the best one. Here are some highlights…
While Valiant builds every boat to robust and exacting standards, each new owner can specify details and customize the boat. Many new owners do not have experience to plan ahead, but this owner had a lot of experience! His goal was to use his experience to define the specifications for the ultimate comfortable, safe, and maintenance free tropical cruising experience. While so many Valiant owners were drawn to a beautiful solid color hull, he chose a beautiful White which is so much cooler for life in the tropics. Instead of the traditional Valiant cove stripe, he spec’d a single blue line stem to stern that is so elegant. The decks are a cream that is soft on your eyes in the tropical sun, and I think he copied that from us and a few other specifics we love!
Every system from electrical requirements to plumbing was carefully considered based on the real experience.
With regard to safety, having sailed thousands of ocean miles, he understood that you must plan for the weather you certainly hope you will never see. Valiant is probably among the strongest boats built and starting with that as a platform he set out to make the boat even stronger! He had the factory add an additional layer of 1.5 oz matt and 24 oz woven roving from the keel sump to the sheer, so indeed, this Valiant 50 is the strongest of the strong. A single thru hull for water intake supplies the engine, generator, deck wash down, and water maker which was to be installed later. There are only four thru hulls in the boat, all on the starboard side for easy access, and all with bronze ball valve sea cocks! Extra cleats and chocks mid ship are installed in solid fiberglass to make it so much more secure when you tie up the boat for a hurricane. He enjoyed planning for every event that will likely not ever happen, but….so he had Valiant build custom stern hardware (essentially two robust and firmly anchored chain plates!) that allow for a bulletproof means of attaching a drogue. Wow!
No big Maintenance Ever was the goal. Everything that could be done to make the boat totally trouble free ever, was done. Sometimes at great cost! Well, his cost! Your benefit! For example, there is solid fiberglass in lieu of high density foam in critical areas including chain plates, staysail track, handrails. There is high density foam instead of Balsa in other areas. He looked at every aspect of the build and upgraded it. Truly this boat will last forever! Every known point of wear has been addressed with an upgrade. For example the chain locker bulkhead has an extra layer of fiberglass. How do you make the world’s toughest boat tougher! More!
The interior was also well thought out based on his cruising in the tropics and what really works at sea and at anchor. Valiant did not need too many tweaks; however, he still took advantage of every opportunity to make the boat even better. Every item was considered in terms of comfort and safety.
This vessel took over a year and a half to complete at a cost of near 850K. PLUS ANOTHER 100K for the generator/espar and two ac/heat systems after build. We have the invoices also for sails, electronics, and safety gear to include $150K in inventory purchased separately, including all the electronics, radar, plotter, SSB, sailing instruments, Quantum sails, Dinghy, and safety gear. One more trip to West Marine is all you need to hop aboard and sail anywhere. This is even better than buying a brand new boat, someone did it for you.
Highlights of the Factory Options include:
- NEVER SAILED IN AN OCEAN, never saltwater, only once on the Chesapeake Bay.
- Sailed ONLY ONCE from Annapolis to Washington, DC
- LESS THAN 96 HOURS ON HER DIESEL
- LESS THAN 5 HOURS ON HER 8KW GENSET
- EVERYTHING IS STILL NEW
- Two zone Two system AC/Heat
- Espar diesel heat thru-out boat
- Major Entertainment Systems
- Complete with Radar, Plotter, SSB, VHF, Sailing Instruments, Autopilot, Monitor windvane
- Complete suite of Quantum sails and storm sails!
- Complete with dinghy!
- Valiant Arch with outboard lifting crane and Davit System
- Valiant Hard Dodger
- Custom hand hold in companionway
- Upgraded hull layup schedule
- Upgraded Monel keel bolts, instead of stainless steel, very expensive
- Upgraded cleats and mounting
- Upgrade to Hood stainless steel hatches
- Upgraded bronze ball valve sea cocks
- Upgraded cleats and two extra cleats and chocks mid ship
- Attachment points for a drogue or tow rope on the stern
- Custom folding pad eyes for dinghy tie down
- Custom bow roller attachments for spinnaker and for kedge anchor
- Tides marine rudder bearing
- Upgraded batteries and custom installation - eight AGM Lifeline Concord GPL 31T batteries instead of standard gel
- 12 volt refrigeration with two plates in freezer and one in fridge with thermostat
- Upgrade to Max prop and line cutter spurs
- Upgrade to custom Dual Racor system
- Spurs – prop shaft line cutter
- Custom prep for water maker installation
- Stern anchor, hawse pipe and roller with chain/rode locker
- Upgrade to bronze scupper drains
- Wema gauges for tanks
- Upgrade to additional propane locker plumbing
- Custom extra wide port settee (berth)
- Upgrade to pull out port settee to make double berth
- Custom extra large V berth – this is way bigger!
- Custom aft cabin arrangement with lee board
- Customized nav station
- Courtesy red and white interior lights LED
- Corian counters “Savannah” with custom back splash also
- Seagull filtered water
- Cabinet extension in galley with extra storage and more counter space
- Locking fridge and freezer lids and for dry storage
- Custom fiddles to make use of all storage spots
- Upgrade to Force 10 stove
- Upgrades to LED nav lights
- Upgrades to cabin lighting – all LED with red and white lights for
- Complete electronics, navigation and communication all installed at the factory
- Chocks on deck for second downwind pole
- All control lines led to the cockpit
- And the list goes on and on….read on
And you can add anything you want because she is still indoors at the factory!
It would be incredibly easy for you to add custom cabinetry or additional systems that you might desire for your cruising plans. The Valiant Factory is ready, willing, and able to accommodate your desires to make this boat your own brand new Valiant 50! She doesn’t even have a name and hailing port.
It is truly an honor to be able to offer the last new Valiant 50 to the world. For 35 years, Valiant Yachts remained in constant production building one of the world’s very best boats.
Call us. We love to talk about the wonder of this one of a kind and the very last new Valiant 50.
David Walters Yachts, RogueWave Division located in Annapolis MD is your choice for bluewater boats! Buying or Selling... Reach Bernie Jakits at 443-742-1792 or email@example.com
Reach Bernie Jakits and the RogueWave Division at 443-742-1792 or Bernie@DavidWaltersYachts.com
WE ARE YOUR VALIANT EXPERTS. We sell 75% of ALL Valiant 42s and 50s Worldwide. This Listing Broker has personally owned TWO Valiants.
RogueWave Yacht Sales has merged with David Walters Yachts! The RogueWave Division in Annapolis MD remains Your Choice for Blue Water Boats. Annapolis MD is the best place in the world to buy or sell a boat! We take great pride in helping our clients get into the right boat! Call us to discuss your sailing vision! We are always interested in marketing your high quality blue water capable boat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call anytime, 443-742-1792.
Please contact Bernie Jakits at 1-443-742-1792
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Valiant Yachts
Designer: Robert Perry
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 50 ft 8 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 40 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 35500 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 11000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 6 in
Total Power: 64 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2010
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 96
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 64 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2400 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (207 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (156 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (25 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110V
The Valiant 50 is a luxurious, spacious two-stateroom vessel built to order with owner specified options. The specifications for this Valiant were based on the owner’s extensive experience living aboard and cruising for five years on a Valiant 42. You are the beneficiary of his knowledge and experience.
The layout overview is as follows. As you come down the companionway there is a large comfortable aft cabin to port and a very large head and stall shower to starboard. Access to the dedicated engine room is through the head on the starboard side. Moving forward, there is a truly magnificent galley to port with a pantry and a sit down navigation station to starboard. The main salon is spacious and comfortable with an L shaped settee to port that makes a double berth and a straight settee to starboard, also and excellent sea berth. Forward is a larger V berth made wider by slightly raising the berth creating even more storage below it in addition to the two drawers, two hanging lockers and cabinets over the berth outboard. All the space in the forward cabin is used to advantage.
While the boat is built for function, you will admire the quality and the beauty of the workmanship. Quality and craftsmanship are demonstrated in everything from the cabin sole, to the joinery, to the furniture and fixtures, and cushions, which are cream Ultra-leather still wrapped in plastic! The interior woodwork is American Cherry wood with a hand rubbed oil finish that is lovely and grows more and more beautiful with every year. The centerline drop-leaf table is all cherry and has extra coats of Varathane to totally protect it. The cabin sole is teak inlaid with basswood strips coated with satin Varathane. The interior is beautiful woodwork including the bulkheads, cabinetry, and the doors, and drawers, and trim. Formica is used in the head, galley, and ceiling panels. The cream Formica is a light, refreshing counterpoint to the warmth of the woodwork. Ash battens line the hull sides warmly glow with soft satin finish. The cabin interior is light and bright due to the Formica panels trimmed in Cherry on the house sides and ceiling and the many opening ports and hatches. At night the lighting is provided with dome lights and reading lights at the settees and the berths. All the cabin lighting is all upgraded to LED and there are red and white lights for safety.
There are many beautiful boats built. What makes Valiant even more impressive is its robust character of strength and endurance. Everywhere you look you will see evidence of Valiant's toughness. The robust construction of a Valiant you observe will be confirmed the very first time you pick up a locking floorboard. While "overbuilt" is the word that comes to mind, how can you over build a boat for the oceans? Valiant's out built toughness gives one great confidence. While everything is strong, you'll also see it all very well executed. The drawers are solid Cherry faced with Cedar bottoms and beautiful dovetailed corners and roll out on easy going slides. The lockers have courtesy lights that come on when you open the door. All the cabinets and lockers securely lock with one hand. The top opening refrigerator and freezer have locks just in case. The Hood stainless steel opening ports and the upgrade to the Hood Stainless Steel hatches is just wonderful. The ports and hatches provide wonderful light and ventilation and you can see they are tough enough for the ocean.
At anchor, the owner’s stateroom is the classic large queen V berth cabin forward, the most popular layout and this boat has an even bigger bed because the whole berth is just a tad higher and actually moved aft 18 inches where the boat is wider. It is great. What a difference! You can even sleep athwartship! You can lie there and look at the beautiful Ash battens that line the sides of the berth cabin and the Cherry cabinets on each side. Reading lights (LED) and a book shelves port and starboard give perfect individual space for each occupant of this spacious double berth. Two large drawers under the berth roll easily and are lined with aromatic cedar, and there is loads of deep storage under the berth. In the cabin, there are hanging lockers both port and starboard. The bi-fold Cherry door provides privacy when you want it yet tucks out of the way. Of course, since the boat is still at the factory, you can still configure the cabinetry for your needs and have it perfectly executed by Valiant
The salon is extremely spacious with max headroom of 6”4” and a traditional a centerline drop-leaf table and a U-shaped settee to port that pulls right out to a double berth. No fuss. This layout sleeps seven if you want! There are lee cloths for the settees for off shore sailing. There is storage behind the settee and the port water tank below. To starboard there is a straight settee with cabinetry and shelves outboard, with the starboard tank under, and storage behind. The salon is beautiful, with a lovely warm Cherry woodwork and cabinets and a beautiful Teak and Basswood cabin sole. The main salon is light and well ventilated with eight opening ports and three opening hatches and two dorades for ventilation. The cushions are upholstered in cream Ultra Leather and still have the plastic on them.
The Valiant classic U shaped galley to port is considered one of the best galleys on any boat. The galley wraps around with the sink centerline at the bulkhead with storage below and a big cabinet above. There is deep storage outboard of the sinks. The ample counters are upgraded to Corian. On the port side, the stove upgraded to a Force 10 stove with oven, and built in dish storage and storage behind it. The refrigerator and freezer are forward with a custom big beautiful cabinet above for more storage. The counter space continues with the trash bin and drawers below. And, most importantly, the amazing Valiant pantry with its slide out shelves is just behind the nav station completing the galley. The pantry is definitely one thing on your boat to be coveted by all. The galley will make any chef very, very happy.
- Large U-shaped galley to port
- Upgraded cabinetry with hanging storage cupboard over forward counter
- Force 10 propane three-burner stove with oven and broiler with solenoid switch
- Custom cutting board for stove top
- Well insulated refrigerator with Sea Frost 12v cold plate refrigeration system (air cooled)
- Separate freezer with two large cold plates
- Securing latches for counter openings
- Pressure water system
- Filtered Seagull water system for drinking water
- Hot Water heater 110v and engine
- Manual foot pump for fresh water
- Manual salt water pump foot pump (not currently connected)
- Double deep and large stainless sinks amid ship
- Manual fresh water pump
- Good counter space and it is beautiful Corian
- Ample cupboards for supplies
- Extra cabinet in counter
- Four drawers
- Trash bin that rolls out
- The fantastic Valiant pantry with the roll out drawers
- Liquor storage in the table center
- Propane, two tanks, in proper propane locker
- Wonderful water capacity with 200 gallons in two tanks, one is epoxy lined aluminum under settees, not in the bilge
- Plumbed for future installation of a water maker
- PAR pressure water pump
- Large head with stall shower located at the companionway on the aft starboard side with a custom bar for gear
- Standard marine toilet with holding tank
- Y Valves for overboard discharge offshore
- Aft head has a holding tank 35 gallon, plastic
- Macerator pump for offshore discharge as well as deck pump out inshore
- Sink and vanity with storage outboard, and under storage
- Clothes hamper
- Stall shower with teak grate, sump and seat with wet locker outboard
- Cockpit shower
- One 20lb tank, with the second locker ready for a second tank
- Pressure gauge and solenoid
- Vented propane stern lockers holds one tank in each locker
Navigation and Communications Systems
The Valiant 50 has a wonderful navigation station that is your ship's office. The large chart table is entirely finished in cherry wood. The instrument panel is customized for the instruments and easily modified when things change. Configured with radar/plotter, SSB, and VHF at the nav and sailing instruments at the helm. A wonderful, flexible, nav station. The electrical panel and all the monitoring systems are right there, all in one place, in the ship's office.
- Radar - Raymarine Radar E90W multifunction displays with mast mounted RA42D Radome 4kw, display at the nav station
- Backup Raystar 125 GPS
- AIS500 transponder
- Raymarine ST60 sailing instruments; wind/speed/direction, log, and depth displays in at the helm, ST60+ Wind System and ST60 Graphic Display
- Danforth 7" illuminated compass is on the cockpit pedestal
- VHF Radio Icom 604 with DSC and remote full function cockpit mic (Command Mic III) in the cockpit and at the radio at the nav station
- ICOM 802 SSB radio with an ICOM AT140 tuner for long distance communications and weather installed at the nav station
- Insulated backstay and copper grounding for SSB
- Raymarine ST7002 with linear drive and autopilot controls at the companionway
- Monitor windvane steering system complete with all hardware installed at the factory
When it comes to systems installation, the build quality of Valiant Yachts is evident. Everything on this boat is well thought out with consideration of future maintenance. The engine room houses the Westerbeke 65 HP with a V drive to accommodate the sleek underbody. The Valiant factory does an outstanding job of organizing and labeling every component, every thru hull, ever wire, and every hose. So you everything is done right and most everything is labeled. This is a vessel that is easy to maintain anywhere in the world, and Valiant Yachts will still ship parts anywhere in the world if you need them! In fact other people will stick close to you!
- Step in engine room with access to all mechanicals and dual Racor filters
- Westerbeke 64 HP main engine with only less than 1 hour! Just the sea trial
- Raw water intake upsized to manifold to run generator, water maker, and deck wash from one thru hull (only four thru hulls on the boat!)
- Aluminum fuel tanks with fuel in four fuel tanks outboard of cockpit lockers for a total of 156 gallons (easy to replace if you ever need to, which likely you would not as they are not in the bilge)
- Fuel manifold system
- Dual Racor 500 fuel filters beautiful installed
- Remote oil filters for engine
- Electric oil change pump
- Wema gauge for water and fuel tanks
- Deluxe engine instrument panel
- Single lever control at pedestal
- 1.5" stainless steel shaft
- PYI drip less shaft seal
- Line cutters on the shaft
- Max Prop, three-blade feathering propeller
- Emergency tiller
- Wheel steering at pedestal
- Edson cable and quadrant system
- Raymarine ST702 Autopilot with controls custom mounted at the companionway
- Well thought out completely 12 volt system for cruising self sufficiency!
- Massive battery bank of over 700 amp hours!
- Upsized Alternator 165 amp instead of 100 amp, and Balmar external regulator MC 612 H with temperature sensor for alternator and house battery bank
- Valiant arch is a perfect place to mount your solar panels – when you sail away
12 Volt System:
- Upgraded batteries -Seven AGM Lifeline Concord GPL-31T batteries totaling 735 amp hours including start battery
- Well installed under the aft berth with custom battery installation aft of the engine where the generator would normally live.
- Main engine alternator upgraded to 165 amp with Balmar regulator
- Battery selector switch
- Xantrex Pro Link battery monitor
- DC breaker panel
- Nav lights are all upgraded to LED lights
- LED Lopolight Nav lights bow and stern instead of Aqua signal (Bow has Red/Green combi model
- LED tricolor with strobe (including LED Anchor light)
- Mast wiring junction box
- Steaming light
- Spreader Lights are Aqua Signal Kiel White lights
- Stern light is LED
- Cabin lights are all upgraded to LED ( Imtra LED Resolux 852 in the galley, Reading lights are Imtra LED Hombard Chrome lights, two in salon, one aft, two in the V berth
- Shower and Companionway overhead lights LED
- Dome lights are stainless and LED (four)
- Cockpit lighting, red and white lights under hard dodger with switch at companionway
- Electric bilge pump (two)
- High water bilge pump and alarm
- 12 volt outlets – two at the nav and at the helm
- Wired for cabin fans
- Truecharge battery charger 30 amp
- Shore power connection - Marico
- 30 amp shore power cord 50’
- 30 amp, 110v service
- 110 v outlets
Sails and Rigging:
The Valiant 50 is a powerful sailing machine and yet she is easily managed in all conditions.
- True cutter rig with Schaefer furlers on both the jib and staysail
- Keel stepped aluminum double spreader mast and boom painted white
- Traditional mainsail system with Strong Track and Lazy Jacks system
- Mast has separate storm trysail track
- Navtec Rod rigging
- Hydraulic backstay system
- Insulated backstay
- Running backstays
- Valiant mid-boom preventer system port and starboard led to cockpit with Antal line stoppers
- Schaefer furlers for both headsails #3100 for genoa and #2100 for staysail
- Set up for dual downwind poles! Double car on mast track.
- Whisker pole mast mounted with line control winch
- Extra mounts for second downwind pole on deck
- Mainsail has midboom sheeting with the Schaefer traveler forward of the dodger
- Topping lift
- Spare main halyard
- Spinnaker halyard
- All running rigging is complete by Valiant
- All control lines led to the cockpit
- ALL Lewmar self tailing Ocean Series winches
- Lewmar #44 CST winch on the cabin house for main halyard
- Primary sheet winches #66 CST
- Staysail sheet winches #44 CST cabin house
- Halyard winches on the mast, two #44 CST Lewmar with stoppers
- Cutter rig with genoa, staysail and mainsail – All Quantum sails, brand new
- Quantum full batten loose footed mainsail with two reefs, deep first reef, and deeper second reef with reef lines to the cockpit (Mainsail is #115 Dacron with hand sewn luff hardware, leech cord with cleat, and Telltales
- Mainsail has Strong Track and Lazy Jacks and custom sail cover with Gortex thread and lazy jacks cutouts
- Trysail - track on the mast, and storm trysail 155.8 sq ft, Challenge 12.62 HA cloth
- Quantum Dacron 120% high cut furling genoa for ocean sailing, with white UV cover
- Quantum Dacron furling staysail with white Sunbrella UV cover
- Heavy weather furling staysail (Storm Jib 171.1 sq ft of sail- Challenge 12.62 HA cloth), to be bent on before the heavy weather arrives
- Quantum 135% furling downwind genoa – Nylon 2.2 oz with Facnor furler (Code Zero type downwind drifter)
- Spinnaker with sock
- Mains’l sheets to mid boom traveler with sheet lead to Lewmar 44 winch on the cabin house
- Total Working Sail Area : 1036.00 sq ft
I : 58.50 ft
J : 20.42 ft
P : 53.00 ft
E : 16.83 ft
Ever so impressive! It is amazing that the original Valiant 40 design from Bob Perry was the first "performance cruiser". Now 35 years later Valiant 50 is the same proven design “on steroids” with the classic Bob Perry long fin cruising keel, skeg hung rudder, and rounded rear end giving her that long handsome lengthy waterline, with superb buoyancy and straight true tracking. The Valiant has proved the design over and over in winning single hand BOC races and taking couples around the world with the autopilot (or windvane) steering easily in all conditions! The Valiant 50 is proved to be super fast and comfortable and very well mannered. Cruising couples choose this performance cruiser because she is built to take you to sea and bring you back again! Valiant construction sets the standard for a solidly robust and well built vessel that meets rigorous standards set by the ocean! In production for thirty-five years, the Valiant factory built every boat by hand the way real boats are built with hand laid layers of fiberglass matt, woven roving and Isophthalic resin. The laminate schedule of 20 layers at the base of the keel stub and 11 at the waterline and six at the sheer results in a hull with structural integrity and impressive strength. And this boat has an extra pass! With all the bulkheads and furniture tabbed into the hull sides on the inside, the boat is like one monolithic structure. It sure makes you feel secure in the middle of the ocean. The boat sails incredibly well. With her long waterline of 40'3" and beam of 13'10" she is very stable. With her lead keel with 31% ballast and draft of 6'3" she is stiff and solid and carries sail well. Her long cruising fin keel makes her track true and steer easily with her autopilot. Steering by hand, you find finger tip control in virtually all conditions.
Hull Construction Details
The hull is hand laid of solid fiberglass in a female mold. The gelcoat is sprayed first into the mold and then the layup of the fiberglass completed. The layup schedule of fiberglass mat and woven roving is robust. The Valiant hull is the strongest hull imaginable as you will agree when you hold a cross section in your hands. However, the owner who commissioned this Valiant added an extra pass of the 1.5 oz mat and 24oz woven roving from keel sump to the radius to the sheer. Only Isophthalic resin is used on the premises. It is catalyzed in one-gallon increments and dyed red to ensure the proper wet out of the fiberglass. Valiant’s massive rub rail is structurally part of the hull. The hull is reinforced the entire length of the rub rail substrate of structural high density foam which is molded with an indentation to accept the sacrificial teak rub rail with a stainless steel strake. It is a serious structural element, not screwed on after the fact.
The construction of the Valiant is bullet proof and this one is even more so with the additional layer of 1.5 oz matt and 24 oz woven roving from the keel sump to the sheer. Even her owner admits this might be overkill, but when you go to the high latitudes, you might appreciate the strongest hull you can have.
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull
- Robust layup schedule with an extra pass of fiberglass mat and woven roving
- Extra pass added to layup schedule!
- Isophthalic resin catalyzed in one-gallon increment
- Minimized thru hulls – total of four!
- Massive structural rub rail with teak overlay and stainless steel striker
- Deck is solid glass where hardware is mounted, with special attention on this boat to reinforce high stress areas and ensure that every potential for water intrusion was eliminated
- Strategic placement of deck hatches and dorades so that the dinghy can easily fit on the foredeck and water ingress could be minimized in any condition
- Hatches upgraded to Hood Stainless Steel Hatches (instead of aluminum) These are beautiful, forever!
- Latitudinal stringers of structural foam laminate glassed in
- Solid glassed in bulkheads and all furniture glassed in also
- Horizontal and vertical elements are fiber glassed to the hull sides and to the ceiling when the deck goes on
- Hull deck joint through bolted on four and half inch centers and glued with 3M5200.
- Sea cocks below the waterline are bronze ball valves
- Chain plates through bolted with backing plates
- Only high quality stainless steel is used
- Hull insulated with closed cell engine room insulated with “Sound Stop”
- External lead keel with 18 J bolts of 3/4 inch steel and glued with 5200
- Upgraded Monel keel bolts instead of stainless steel
- Skeg of laminated structural foam
- Backing plates on all structural elements
- Solid stainless steel rudder shaft steel rudder core
- cast bronze protective rudder shoe
- Imron polyurethane topsides in white with thin blue stripe
- Double boot strip
- Epoxy barrier coat
- Marine anti fouling paint
- Deck nonskid in soft golden cream
The Deck and Cockpit
The deck is constructed in the same manner as the hull in a female mold. Normally, solid fiberglass or fiberglass over structural foam is used in any high stress areas so that every area where deck fittings or hardware are bedded, the area is solid fiberglass. The rest of the deck is cored with end-grain balsa which has properties that allow it to soak up the resins and adhere to the laminate fiberglass to form a solid deck. The deck hatch placement was also carefully considered and installed using Valiant’s hatch boss system with upgrades to ensure that green water on the deck will never slide under the hatch into the galley!
Every component mounted on the deck is mounted on solid fiberglass to eliminate moisture intrusion and backing plates to ensure strength. When Valiant installs it, there is no opportunity for moisture intrusion in the deck and that is why this owner had Valiant do everything at the factory. Additionally in every area this construction was upgraded from closed cell foam to solid glass. All with the intent to make the boat bulletproof, forever! All of the deck hardware is the best quality, from the Hood stainless steel ports and hatches to Lewmar winches. Valiant stainless steel work is fabulous and they fabricate everything at the factory using only the highest quality steel. The toe rail is aluminum giving you the ability to attach blocks as you need to. The toe rail is bedded with 5200 and through bolted to the hull deck flange. Stainless steel stanchions are bulwark mounted, the way you want them, and support 31” high double life lines.
- Two tone deck, white gelcoat with painted nonskid in cream
- Hood high quality Man Ship stainless steel deck hatches (six) instead of Lewmar Ocean hatches (aluminum)
- Frontward hatch placed aft on the cabin house instead of on the deck, which is better for Vberth layout and ocean sailing
- Hood stainless steel opening ports with screens
- Six mooring cleats including mid-ship cleats, all 12-inch stainless steel, upsized on this boat
- Additional set of mooring cleats and chocks mid ship
- Turning blocks, double sheaves
- Aluminum toe rail accepts blocks where you need them
- Deck scuppers drain at the waterline to keep the hull sides clean
- Upgraded fancy bronze scuppers on deck and in the cockpit
- Mast collar is custom Valiant made with stainless steel tie rod from deck to hull
- Control lines led aft to the cockpit with all the deck hardware installed properly by Valiant
- Valiant bowsprit with anchor double anchor roller
- Custom spinnaker tack on the bow roller
- Bow plate for kedging attachment
- Valiant stern rail solid to boarding gates
- Life lines, double 31” high with boarding gates port and starboard
- Swim ladder with teak steps folds and stows on the life lines either port or starboard
- Two dorades with dorade boxes and guards placed at the mast so you can step up on them to reach the head of the sail! (And they are not on the foredeck in the way of the dinghy for an offshore passage
- Folding Wichard pad eyes on the foredeck for dinghy tie down
- Deck plates for fuel fill and water fill and waste pumpout
- Recessed genoa tracks and cars mounted properly on solid glass
- Pad eyes for your jack lines are installed
- Running backstays installed (Amsteel instead of wire)
- The Valiant vang/preventer system is installed
- Valiant arch with outboard lifting crane integrated
- Davits system integrated with the arch (removable)
The Valiant cockpit is also comfortable with the Valiant hard dodger that will be your best friend. The steering is pedestal mounted wheel steering and wide comfortable seating and cockpit combings. The cockpit is long enough to lie down. The combings are high and comfortable with a flat top so you can perch on them. The cockpit lockers port and starboard and aft lazarettes have deep gutters for drainage. Even the cockpit drains are upgraded with beautiful bronze scuppers.
- Valiant hard dodger
- Binnacle with Edson Pedestal radial drive steering
- Custom hardware for Monitor Windvane steering is installed on the pedestal
- Richie binnacle compass
- Raymarine Autopilot controls at the companionway for ocean sailing
- Cockpit shower, hot and cold in the combing box
- 12 volt outlet in the combing box
- Emergency tiller
- Large cockpit lockers port and starboard
- Propane lockers aft for 20 lb tanks. Tank installed on port side and starboard locker is ready
- Propane lockers have removable bins for access to the steering quadrant
- Stern anchor set up with hawse pipe and anchor roller as well as rode storage below the propane locker in the stern
- Valiant fabricated double bow rollers and divided chain locker below decks
- Lighthouse Electric Windlass with custom handheld remote control
- Deck washdown, anchor wash system with custom intake arrangement instead of dedicated thru hull
- Chain locker forward with capability to pull extra chain aft
- Crosby Anchor Shackle
- Primary bow anchor is Delta Fastset 70lb with 300’ HT chain and Snubber
- Secondary bow anchor is 45 lb Lewmar CQR Anchor with 50’ HT chain and 200’ rode
- Stern anchor is Fortress Type #22 with 3’ chain and rode
- Stern anchor system installed below propane tank with a hass pipe chain roller as well as an anchor mount
- Brand new Dinghy 9.6 ABS
- Outboard motor mount on the stern rail
Other and Safety Equipment
- Vendors – Four new Twin eye Fenders
- Danfender Fender Step
- Dock lines (new)
- Large cockpit drains
- Fire extinguishers (three) – Large ones!
- Wooden plugs
- Davis telescoping boat hook - new
- Winslow, six-person raft in cockpit locker (out of date)
- Custom life raft storage
- Manual bilge pump in the cockpit
- Horseshoe and pole
- Wind vane steering system – Monitor installed by Valiant
- Emergency tiller
- CO detector
- GFI outlets
- High water bilge alarm
- Pad Eyes for Jack lines
- Lee cloths
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Redondo Beach, CA, United States
cheap and easy