2010 Island Packet Estero
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hampton Bays, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 179,000
"Dolce Vita" is a beautifully kept 2010 Island Packet 36 Estero. Low hours and loaded with all the options you'd want. Recent electronics .
Contact Bruce Tait
m: 631 871 2481
O: 631 725 4222
Please contact Bruce Tait at (631) 725-4222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bob Johnson, N.A. & The IP Design Team
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 31 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 17800 lbs
Ballast: 7100 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 54 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 17800 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 3JHE
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: Yanmar 3JHE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 450
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 8
Number of heads: 1
Manufacturer Interior description
The Estero's interior arrangements represent a departure from past Island Packet designs with its main saloon situated forward of the mast in an "open-U" configuration. The central drop-leaf table with two storage bins keeps this area open for socializing or, with drop leaves extended, makes for comfortable dining with guests. Each settee is suitable for use as a single berth, or with the table dropped to berth height and an optional set of filler cushions this area makes into either one or two double berths. Because tanks for water, fuel and holding are located below the cabin sole, generous storage is provided elsewhere throughout the interior including under the seat and berth cushions and behind the forward settee backrest.
Amidships, a U-shaped galley to port provides a host of desirable features. Deep polished double stainless steel sinks, gimbaled 2-burner range with oven, ample storage above and below countertops, plus a dish rack, cutlery drawers, pull-out trash bin and a microwave oven should please weekend sailors as well as those making extended cruises. Large, well insulated iceboxes are built with twin gasketed and latching countertop lids. A deep drawer below the icebox and a locker under the stove hold larger items as well. In recognition that some owners will choose to spend longer periods aboard the Estero, an optional package that includes refrigeration and freezer systems with an upgraded electrical system is available.
Opposite the galley to starboard is the spacious head compartment with separate shower stall and seat. The vanity with sink has several storage areas, plus additional room is available in a cabinet outboard. The shower area, provided with overhead hooks, may double as a wet locker when needed. Aft of the head and to starboard of the companionway is the quarter berth cabin and navigation station. A pocket door on an overhead track closes off this area when desired, and the hinged chart table drops to provide an open area forward of the berth. Ample cabinetry is provided for the master electric panels plus a variety of owner/dealer installed electronic items including a typical chartplotter. A tilt-out chart storage bin is located below the nav table, and a bureau and shelf are built-in outboard of the large berth. Aft of the galley and to port of the companionway is the private owner's stateroom featuring a large double berth with innerspring mattress, hanging locker, bureau, shelf and a full length mirror. Near the companionway is a courtesy light switch to illuminate the companionway ladder and electrical and battery panels. Crib boards stow conveniently in a nearby rack. Excellent engine access is provided with a removable panel behind the companionway ladder and through a hinged door and lift-off cover in the port stateroom. Extensive sound insulation and gasketing minimizes sound levels. A teak grate with dustpan at the base of the companionway ladder also provides bilge access, and sole surfaces in the galley, nav area and head are molded slip resistant patterns for safety and ease of maintenance. The forward saloon has a varnished teak and holly sole, and the aft port stateroom is carpeted with a marine berber. Cabinetry, trim and bulkheads are a combination of varnished hardwoods and high pressure laminates that make for a bright, attractive and functional interior consistent with Island Packet's high standards. Generous tankage includes a heavy wall, marine aluminum fuel tank and Thermo-Cure vinylester resin infused water and holding tanks.
- Forward salon with drop-leaf table that converts to a queen berth.
- Enclosed head to starboard with stall shower and wet locker
- Raritian "Fresh Head" toilet system
- Private owner's cabin to port with double berth and interspring mattress.
- Starboard large quarter-berth cabin with pocket door.
- 5 overhead hatches with screens and shades
- Peek-a-boo shades on all ports
- 6 fans
- Ultraleather cushions
- Mahogany woodwork
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Estero has been created in direct response to market demands for a smaller Island Packet model that offers all of the quality, comforts and capabilities synonymous with our larger yachts, with increased emphasis on ease of use and innovative features. Our decision to use a name for this new model (vs. a number) was made in part to reflect the evolutionary change the Estero represents in our 30 year history.The Estero features a fully roller furling and self-tending sloop rig. With the self vanging feature of the Hoyt boom equipped jib, both sails provide maximum performance and control on all points. Sailing upwind will be particularly close winded thanks to the tight sheeting of the jib, and tacking requires no more crew activity than turning the helm. Downwind performance is also optimized since the main and jib can be set "wing-and-wing". This is a simple and versatile rig that is easily set, reefed, furled and trimmed from the comfort and security of the cockpit. There is also enough room forward of the jib stay to fly a code-zero or other (owner provided) larger headsail if desired for added performance in light conditions.
- 100 Amp Balmar Alternator
- Charles 40 Amp Battery Charger,
- 4 AGM Batteries
- 12 V and 110 V systems w/ 50' Shore Cord
- Fail-Safe Galvanic Isolator
- Lightning Master
Electronics and Navigation
- RayMarine Hybridtouch Chartploter at Helm and Navstation (new 2017)
- Raymarine ST60 Knot/Depth/ Wind
- ICOM 504 VHF w/ Remote Mic
- Raymarine Autopilot ST6000w/ S3G Type II Linear Drive Ram and Wireless Remote
- Digital Wireless Repeater/Amplifier
- TV Antenna, Davis Windex
- Wifi Booster
- Apple TV
- Sonos Soundbar
- OGM LED Tri Anchor Light w/ Photodiode
The large U-shaped galley is located amidship portside and features:
- double polished Stainless Steel sinks
- Two compartment Frigoboat Keel Cooler refrigeration/ Freezer
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Seagull IV water filter
- Force Ten two burner stove with oven
Sails rigging and Winches
Darcon Full Batten Main, 100% Roller Furling Jib, roller furling code Zero
Full Batten Main w/ Roller Furling, Hoyt Boom Self Tending Jib w/ Roller Furling, All Sheets run Aft to Cockpit, Boom Vang
Four Lewmar Ocean Series #30 CST TS, One Lewmar Ocean Series #30 CST SP, Three #16 Lewmar SS ST
Steering is by a geared rack and pinion system with a platform and keyway provided to facilitate an (owner/dealer) autopilot installation. The teak helm seat doubles as a gasketed hatch that covers an LPG bottle storage area with room for the standard tank plus a spare. Two sternrail seats are also included, plus side deck lifeline gates and a sternrail gate. A molded fiberglass and teak stern boarding/swim platform is available that includes a pull-out swim ladder and steps to the cockpit.
Hull and Rudder Design Details
The Estero hull design continues the evolution of the Full Foil Keel, which provides the benefits of moderate draft, superior stability, protected rudder and prop, and integral keel construction that eliminates bolts and forms a double bottom with the fully encapsulated lead ballast. The rudder geometry now incorporates a fixed skeg forward of the shaft to enhance steering control under both sail and power.
Deck Construction Details
On deck, a number of features merit comment.
- Sidedecks are recessed more than in past Island Packet designs, forming deeper bulwarks over the full length of the deck.
- The hull-to-deck joint is an overlapping type (commonly referred to as a "shoe-box") combining an adhesive bond between the deck and an inward hull flange with closely spaced bolts through the deck and hull around the yacht's entire perimeter.
- Cap rails and bowsprit/anchor platform are finished with textured gelcoat and a bootstripe-matching color vinyl rubrail with a polished stainless steel striker for low maintenance.
- The integrally molded bowsprit has our patented self-stowing Sea Safe anchor roller with ample room for a second anchor roller and an electric windlass.
- Immediately aft of the bowsprit is a deck hatch providing access to the large divided forepeak for anchor rodes with room for an assortment of dock lines and fenders.
- The cabin trunk features ten opening ports, five overhead hatches and two dorade vents to ensure plenty of light and ventilation.
- All sail control lines are lead aft on the cabin top through sheet stoppers to two winches at the forward end of the cockpit. Line bins in the coamings keep control lines tidy and always at hand.
- Cockpit seats over seven feet long with ergonomic seat backs allow comfortable daysailing with a crowd or stretching out for a nap when passagemaking. Newly designed seat hatches feature gasketed lids with the port seat hatch accessing a storage tray and the starboard side opening to a large locker.
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Fore Deck Illuminator
- Rule 3700 Electric Bilge Pump
- Stern Rail Seats w/ Backrest and Cushions
- Muir Anchor Windless
- Rocna Anchor w/ Rode
- Teak Cockpit Table with fold out leaves
- Dodger w/ Hand Rails, Bimini and Connecting Panels
- Boss Boat Hard Body 8.5 Rigid Dinghy, 6 HP Tohatsu 4 Stroke OB
- Folding Wheel,
- Macerator Pump and Level Gauge
- Swim Platform w/ Ladder
- Cockpit Cushions
- Emergency Tiller
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Full Winter Cover by Fairclough (2016)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Tait Yachts
Sag Harbor, NY, United States
Talaria 29 R
Sag Harbor, NY, United States
Greenport, NY, United States
Southampton, NY, United States
Islip, NY, United States
Stonington, CT, United States