2010 Discovery 55
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 585,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 768,047)
Astonishing blue water cruising yacht from Holland, with a light oak interior breathed on by Freivokh and a stunning dark blue hull. She is #35 of the benchmark Discovery 55 and has taken her current yachtsmen far. Always immaculately maintained she has a very full specification including electric davits, flush hatches, tropical air conditioning and much more. She comes with absolutely no rough edges.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Discover Yachts Ltd.
Designer: Ron Holland
LOA: 55 ft 9 in
Beam: 15 ft 8 in
LWL: 44 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 4 in
Displacement: 22500 kgs
Ballast: 9500 kgs
Total Power: 160 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 160 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
MCA Compliance: (potential for chartering) - Includes, metal through hull fittings in engine room, upgraded pipe work in engine room, upgraded stainless sea water chest, upgraded sea water strainers.
- Composite construction with high density foam core providing exceptional stiffness and insulation. Laid up withvacuum technology for complete structural integrity.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout the hull for added strength and osmosis prevention.
- A Kevlar layer forward further enhances the impact strength of the hull.
- Non pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
- 2 layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- 2 x coats of Micron Extra YBA929 Navy anti-foul.
- Deep Blue hull - upgrade in gelcoat with two white gelcoat lower boot lines.
- Black window mullion surround in gelcoat.
- Mast, Boom, kicker (vang), Pole - white powder coat.
- Air Draft: 77’1” / 23.52m
- Composite construction with foam core providing strength, thermal and acoustic insulation.
- All load-bearing areas have marine-ply core and backing plates for added strength.
- Teak decks & capping rail.
- Joined to the hull with bonding paste and stainless bolts for strength.
- All bulkheads are laminated with epoxy paste into the deck for strength and stiffness.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kgs (20,500lbs) shaped lead keel and a depth of 2.23m (7”3”) provides a ballast ratio of 42% providing maximum stability and comfort.
- 1060mm leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Lewmar Mamba, solid rod steering system, providing direct & positive steering - no weak areas as with wire or chain.
- A light and positive helm feel provided by semi-balanced and substantially specified rudder, to give control in all weather conditions.
Engine & Gearbox:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp diesel engine fresh water cooled and water separated exhaust for quiet running.
- ZF 2.7:1 reduction gearbox.
- Walk-in engine room with the very best sound insulation.
- Single stainless morse lever engine control at cockpit pedestal.
- Twin Racor pre-fuel filters for easy fast change and monitoring of fuel quality and moisture alarm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single steering pedestal with raised curved seat for good forward visibility and comfort.
- 24” Gori 3-blade folding propeller providing overdrive option - for fuel efficiency under power or sail.
- Maxpower 10Hp bow thruster; runs off domestic batteries.
- Shaft rope cutter.
- Oversized Auto-Pilot 24V Lewmar mamba drive (new 2017) connects to solid rod steering.
- Emergency steering tiller
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout. This reduces corrosion and provides longevity of all electrical systems.
- 230v sockets throughout.
- 12v socket fitted to navigation desk with discrete stowage for mobile phone charging.
- 12v socket on pedestal and at mast (useful for spot light). Well laid out master equipment panel, DC panel and AC panel.
- Handy remote Victron and Generator starting/monitoring.
- Water and fuel tank gauges.
- Efficient 24v (480 a.h.) Sonnenschein industrial house gel batteries (Equivalent to 960 amps at 12v, rated at 20C).
- 2 x 12V 60Ah Engine and generator Red Flash 1800 start batteries with built in ‘jump start’ system for backup starting or 12V charging reliability.
- Battery charging via shore power, or on board 7kW generator.
- 230V/50Hz 3kw Victron Quattro 24V battery charger and inverter.
- US Battery charger (in case 110 60Hz shore power supplied) - Victron.
- 60 Amp 12v alternator for charging the start engine start battery.
- 110 Amp 24v alternator for charging the main domestic batteries.
- Generator has its own 12V alternator for starter batteries.
- 7 kW Onan generator (29A output).
- The exhaust is fed to an HMI water separator, which eliminates almost all exhaust and cooling water noise.
- Additional sound insulation making this extremely quiet to run.
- 230v / 50Hz shore power to 32Amp.
- 32 Amp shore power cable with female socket, extension included.
- 16 Amp shore power cable adapter.
- Isolation transformer is fitted as standard to provide high level electrical safety on board and galvanic protection for all electrical items anywhere in the world.
- 2 x 24V/12V droppers for 12V DC instrumentation and supplies.
- Saltwater pressurised deck & anchor wash.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water for sinks, showers and hot tub.
- Electric flush Toilets – (ability to switch to saltwater)
- 50 litre insulated calorifier with immersion.
- Carbon pre-filter on cold tap in galley.
- Pressurised sea water for deck wash, electric flush toilets and hot tub.
- Deck rain water collection system.
- Sink manual backup foot pump and fridge water extraction.
- Seafresh H206A watermaker (102L/hr); new membranes in November 2017.
- Sail locker, lazarettes lockers and main bilge electrical option of automatic or manual modes.
- Manual hand bilge in cockpit.
- Analogue fuel and water tank gauge for quick and easy reference.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres over three tanks with selection and fuel exchange ability.
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 tanks total approx 120 litre blackwater holding tanks.
- 150L Greywater tank installed – allows for Mediterranean compliance.
- Gas locker to take 2 x 6kg propane bottles.
- Raymarine touch screen E120 (nav. station) & E90 (Binnacle).
- ST70 instruments and pilot.
- Backup Furuno GP32 GPS.
- Furuno Navtex.
- Raymarine AIS.
- ICOM 505 VHF.
- ICOM 801E SSB.
- KVH Fleet track phone FB250 Broadband (excellent mail and weather).
- Long range WiFi extender, TV antenna.
- Aqua Media Yacht PC and Flat screen TV in Saloon (interconnected via Routers and Switch), NEMA sockets for additional equipment.
- Antenna mast in stainless. All communications are mounted to starboard side post
- 4KW HD Raymarine Radar.
- Echopilot 2D sonar connected to the E series display (absolutely excellent around coral or poor charted areas or just getting close to the beach!)
- Echomax - Electronic Radar reflector amplifier alarm (excellent for oceans).
- Vessel Tracker – Marine Track (hidden), input to Dolphin Alarm system.
- Bosch full sized 230V/50Hz washer / dryer fitted in aft owners shower room, (50Hz mains or generator).
- Light, well ventilated, and practically designed, the galley is a pleasure to use, whether at sea or anchor.
- Inboard double sink for ease of draining. Additional recessed sink for securely stacking drying crockery.
- 300 litre (10.4 cubic feet) fridge.
- 170 litre freezer (6.0 cubic feet).
- Sea-water keel cooled heat exchangers that significantly reduce fridge/freezer power use.
- Both fridge and freezer are custom-designed, front opening, 24v and have superb insulation.
- GN Espace gimbaled, stainless steel gas cooker: 4 burners, grill, oven, harbour lock, stainless steel protection bar.
- Electric solenoid gas safety shut-off valve and emergency bypass.
- Cooker extractor fan/lights built into joinery.
- 230v microwave (runs off Inverter also).
- Corian work surface.
- Discovery waste chute design and waste bin.
- Foot-operated fresh water pump.
- Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Electric sump pump for shower and sink.
- GRP moulded units for easy cleaning.
- Seat in both showers, enclosed in separate area to keep heads dry.
- Corian surfaces.
- Hanging rail.
- 2 x Tecma soft close electric (salt or fresh) toilet.
- Hot / cold freshwater shower on aft deck.
- Hot tub plumbing on deck.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 3 x low profile dorades providing ventilation.
- Quiet electric engine room extraction fans.
- Eberspacher (Espar) Hydronic M10 diesel central heating in all cabins 3 zone controls.
- High quality Caframo fans throughout.
- Full Topical Air conditioning throughout (3 units) offers cooling, humidity control and excellent heating.
- Kenwood Marine Radio, Bluetooth, stick music system with Cockpit and aft cabin remotes and 6 speakers.
- Water resistant speakers.
- TV mounted saloon wall connected to Yacht PC.
- High quality side lamps and touch dimmable reading lights.
- Press dimming light system throughout galley and saloon areas.
- Low level LED mood lighting.
- Underwater LED Lights (blue) - great for attracting fish.
- Boom Lights for cockpit area and step light, BBQ light.
- Lopolight LED Navigation lights throughout.
- Mast has a 3 x 24v deck flood light (as good as daylight working).
- Automatic wardrobe lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Beautiful Ken Freivokh designed interior with curved interior saloon seating 6-8 and 'passage safe' access forward. Double forward and master cabins and twin bunk pullman cabin, excellent for storage, crew or children. Fwd and Aft heads and showers - all electric.
- All saloon windows are tinted toughened glass; and 2 of the forward windows are opening.
- New continuous design saloon windows for a sleeker look.
- Retaining catches on floor hatches throughout - essential ocean safety feature yet fast access to underfloor storage.
- Major upgrade to all carpentry finishes using Bur Ash with a Walnut inlay.
- Concealed mosquito screens/blackout blinds built into hatches.
- Additional storage lockers in forward and aft cabins.
- Additional book shelves throughout in light oak to match.
- Wet locker built into convenient saloon hanging locker.
- Full length mirror recessed into aft cabin door.
- Modern Oceanair Skysol custom fit blinds throughout saloon, narrow Venetian blinds in cabins, galley.
- Light Oak, Quarter sawn interior carpentry finishes
- 100mm Teak x 6mm Holly floor
- Clip out beige carpets in all sleeping cabins
- Stunning Bur Ash and Walnut inlay table top and Sideboard top (day berth) which is a custom upgrade.
- All cabin door are crown cut with Walnut inlay and quarter sawn cross banded trim which is a custom upgrade
- Saloon upholstery light beige leather (9 hides) and light blue piping.
- Headboard forward Majilite Moccasin Frost J5N2 self-piped.
- Headboard aft Majilite Moccasin Parchment J5D5 self-piped.
- Galley surfaces in Avonite Cozumel K3-8575 (top Corian upgrade) in white/light blues.
- Both heads surfaces in Avonite Antique glass K3-8455 (top Corian upgrade) in Light blue/clear.
- Both head floors including shower areas in Avonite Cozumel K3-8575 (top Corian upgrade) in Light blue/white (as galley).
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Guest Cabin:
- Double Naturalmat Airflow mattress in two parts.
- Central lee cloth.
- Air-Only dorade vent.
- Wardrobe, shelves and drawers.
- Opening overhead hatch recessed shade / mosquito sky screen and two portlights.
- 2 x generous berths with Naturalmat airflow mattresses.
- Lee cloths.
- Wardrobe, drawers and shelves.
- Two overhead hatches recessed shade / mosquito sky screen and portlight.
- Raised seating providing panoramic vision – leather upholstery throughout.
- Reduced width mullions to enhance the view.
- 2 x opening overhead hatches and two fwd opening windows.
- Recessed flush overhead hatch with shade / mosquito sky screen.
- Highly durable, non-slip Amtico flooring, rubber mounted for sound insulation.
- Low level mood lighting.
- Forward facing raised navigation area providing panoramic vision with a large curved seat for maximum comfort.
- Red night lights.
- Ample cupboards and stowage.
- Low level mood lighting.
- King-size Naturalmat, pocket-sprung mattress in two parts.
- 3 x lee cloths (side and centreline).
- 2 x wardrobes, plus drawers and cupboards.
- En-suite heads.
- 1 x vanity desk.
- 1 x opening hatch, recess shade / mosquito sky screen 3 x opening portlights & 3 x fixed portlights.
- 2 x Air-only dorades.
- Low level mood lighting.
- Deep centre cockpit for safety and comfort.
- Deep sculptured seats for maximum comfort and safety.
- Substantial table with drinks holder, stainless steel handles, and central foot rail.
- Original hot tub (saltwater and fresh) version – a perfect way to relax.
- Vertical, sliding acrylic washboard for main companionway hatch - spring supported.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Convenient concealed cockpit hose down
- Teak grating added in aft cockpit.
- Electric in-mast furling which enables reefing at any point of sailing.
- Twin headsails (Solent Jib), perfect versatility for world cruising routes.
- The jib is self-tacking.
- Selden anodised aluminium mast and boom.
- Swept back spreaders, so no requirement for running back stays or check stays.
- Traveller track for mainsheet.
- Traveller track for self-tacking jib.
- Turning blocks.
- Emergency handle for in mast reefing.
- One genoa whisker pole in white.
- Lewmar winches - all electric (except mast halyard winches), for easy handling.
- 2 x 68 electric self-tailing primary winches.
- 2 + 1 x 54 electric self-tailing secondary winches; additional 54 winches – serves as spare and kedge anchor winch.
- 2 x 48 mast mounted manual, two speed self-tailing winches.
- All tops in stainless steel upgrade.
- Twin headsails (Solent Jib), which offers perfect versatility for world cruising routes.
- Genoa Kemp Dacron (new 2014).
- Solent Jib (original), in Hood Vektron™ Sailcloth
- In mast vertical batten furling Kemp Main in Vektron™ Sailcloth (new Nov 2017).
- Pulpit with teak seats for dolphin watching.
- Stern rail with teak seats for wake watching.
- Sampson post located next to windlass.
- Large sail locker (deck accessed); gas strut and automatic bilge pump and alarms.
- Two large watertight lazarette lockers on rear deck fitted with automatic bilge pumps with alarms at helm pedestal.
- Deep locker on side deck.
- Second locker for gas holds 2 x 6Kg cylinders or 3 smaller cylinders, gas content gauge, solenoid.
- Transom locker for snorkelling equipment.
- Selden hatches.
- Sturdy bathing ladder on transom or can be moved to mid-beam positions in marinas.
- 2 x Locking winch handles & bilge pump handle.
- Ensign staff.
- Lockable deck locker catches, built in shelf to Stbd. lazarette
- Deck fitted BBQ aft and deck gas pipe fitting - Port side mounted Stainless BBQ.
- Passerelle socket mounted to step 30mm dia.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Upgraded 55Kg Spade, modified stemhead to self-launch (Spade is an excellent setting anchor)
- Added 100m of all chain attached with WASI ball; new November 2017 and marked at 10m intervals.
- Substantial twin rollers. Anchor chain stop.
- Lewmar upgraded V5 electric anchor windlass, chain counter and remote control.
- Added capstan to windlass and electronic chain counter.
- Deep partitioned locker allows chain to stack neatly, chain and locker anchor jet wash.
- 8 x mooring cleats set into the bulwarks with anti-chafe rails as appropriate.
- 2 x Additional stern cleats (useful for stern to mooring).
- 5 x readily long deflatable fenders for easy storage and 2 x conventional fenders.
- 4 x mooring warps.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor securely mounted to stern starboard. 10m chain 50m octoplait.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood in beige opening central window for excellent breeze at anchor and vision when maneuvering.
- Bimini top in beige; attaches to sprayhood.
- Bimini side extensions to rail for sun/rain protection.
- Bimini rear mesh extension for sun/rain protection.
- Pedestal and wheel cover in beige.
- Cockpit table cover in beige.
- Dinghy cover in beige.
- Fitted cockpit cushions (new 2017).
Tender & Outboard:
- Cooney Simpson Electric Davits (150kg load) and belly bands etc.
- Avon 3.15R rib (light grey) with half cover beige protection canvas and seat.
- Beach lifting wheels to the rear (retractable).
- 22L fuel tank.
- 15Hp F15CE Yamaha 4 stroke.
- Launch system for dinghy (saves sugar scoop damage).
- Upgraded to MCA compliance.
- Guard rails with higher than standard stanchions for added safety around deck (715mm / 28”).
- Grab handles run along deck saloon roof.
- 3 x U-bolts are fitted in cockpit for safety harness attachments.
- Strong webbing jackstays for safety.
- 6 man life raft mounted on pushpit – automatic launch.
- Off shore flare pack.
- Emergency tiller.
- 2 x smoke alarms (Engine room and Saloon) Carbon Monoxide alarm and Gas alarm in Galley.
- 2 x Horseshoe life rings and inflatable danbouy.
- Alarm system - Dolphin Sea Sure system - tracks usefully mains Power loss, flood bilge, fire alarm and sends text mail via Hidden Tracker system via Marine Track satellite link.
- Upgraded to MCA compliance.
- 2 x Automatic fire extinguisher system in engine room.
- 5 x 2Kg solid state fire extinguishers fitted in rooms and one additional in cockpit.
- Fire blanket in galley.
- Dolphin smoke/fire detectors to alarm system.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom