2009 Marten 49
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Newport, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 715,000
Marten 49 SUMMER STORM is about the best sub 50ft cruiser/racer that money can buy. Full recent refit and a number of regatta successes in the past few years keep her current and a very comfortable yacht to cruise. The benefit of the lifting keel really does come into its own.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marten Yachts
LOA: 49 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 44 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 12 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10766 kgs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Full SPRINT Carbon and corecell construction.
- Topsides stripped to carbon, faired and awlgripped in 2017.
- Bottom stripped to carbon, faired and burnished.
- Deck painted 2020 by Hinckley.
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydraulically operated Lifting keel.
- Keel dropped 3x in 3 years. Stripped, faired and burnished.
- New keel bearings in 2018.
- Rebuilt hydraulic cylinder for lift.
- Lifting keel is raised and lowered with a hydraulic lifting ram and dedicated hydraulic powered pump. Switch on main panel by chart table. Manual override is provided for emergency.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH. Engine rebuild. New turbo. Heat exchanger.
- Engine serviced in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Saildrive gasket replaced in 2020.
Propulsion & Steering:
- New Gori 3 blade prop.
- Twin wheel steering with dyneema cables.
- All electrics have been replaced.
- 120 power is only inverter supplied assuring clean 120 at all times.
- 120 v outlets with USB receptacles.
- She operates on 15kw of 24 volt lithium Ion house batteries. 2 x 2017 and 1 x 2019.
- 3 - Mastervolt MLI 24/5000 lithium ion batteries Mastervolt EZ View at Nav RCD breakers on shore inlet and all inverter outputs.
- She can race for 24 hours without charging using all electrical systems including winches.
- MasterVolt 230/3500 Combi Ultra.
- MasterVolt 120/3000 Combi Master, set as inverter only and external 120 charger.
- 2 - 24/150 amp Mastervolt alternators with Alpha Pro regulators.
- Shore power fitting in cockpit.
- 230 volt shore power passes through Combi Ultra to supply charger, air-conditioners and hot water. Inverter when no shore power is present.
- Fuel: 170 litres.
- Fresh water: 280 litres.
- B&G H5000 Hercules.
- 2-GFD’s, Port Helm, Nav.
- Motion sensor.
- Precision 9 compass.
- Barometric sensor.
- B&G AIS 400.
- 12” Zeus 2 at nav.
- 9” Zeus 3 at stbd helm.
- MOB button stbd helm.
- Diverse load pin.
- Actisense N2K interface.
- 4- Garmin GNX120 mast displays.
- Hercules autopilot.
- Maretron tank sensors, fuel, water, and blackwater.
- Panasonic Toughbook w/ Expedition, MasterAdjust 17” monitor.
- PepWave cellular modem and WiFi.
- Icom VHF.
- KVH Fleet 1 Broadband sat phone.
- Fusion stereo with 3rd channel amplifier TV.
Heating & Ventilation:
- A/C system new. Massive air handling capacity. Recently serviced and updated with a new chiller.
- New mattresses and cruising kit.
Description of layout from forwards:
Master Cabin Forward of Saloon:
- Double berth set to portside with storage beneath.
- Reading lights; ventilation fan; white hull side panels.
- Opening deck hatch with OceanAir screens.
Master Head Forward of Cabin:
- Electric toilet with saltwater flush.
- Shower area with hand basin and Vanity unit/mirror.
- Opening hatch in the deck.
Guest Head on Portside, Forward of the Saloon:
- Jabsco manual pump toilet.
- Moulded GRP sink with mixer tap for hot and cold pressurised water.
- Shower with teak floor grating.
- Front opening locker with mirrors.
- Electric bilge pump.
- One opening hatch in the deck with OceanAir screens.
Saloon Set to Port:
- Sofa to port with storage underneath.
- Dining table. Utility locker at aft port side.
- Hull window port and starboard.
- Two overhead hatches with OceanAir screens.
- Reading lamps.
- Navigation table to starboard with instrumentation panel, PC and electrical switchboard.
Galley to Starboard Side of the Saloon Area:
- Acrylic working surfaces.
- Force 10, 3 burner gas stove and oven
- 50 litre front opening fridge.
- 75 litre top opening freezer/fridge.
- Stainless steel sink with mixer tap for hot / cold pressurised water, lockers under.
- Saltwater foot pump and faucet.
- Four 30cm wide drawers.
- Upper overhead cabinets, for galley equipment and food storage.
- Ventilation fan and overhead hatch with OceanAir screens.
- Two double berthed guest cabins, one to port and one to starboard, each with wardrobe, bedside unit with shelf and a tall hanging locker.
- Opening cockpit port light; reading lights; ventilation fan.
- Mast stripped and painted.
- New Nitronic rod standing rigging in 2018.
- Aramid backstay.
- Electric powered backstay adjuster.
- All new running rigging.
- Halyards, sheets, tack lines continually upgraded.
- New fixed bowsprit (removable) for 2020 season.
- Kicker fully serviced and re-coated with black powdercoat.
- New Antal powered mainsheet winches in 2019. Winches have with high output motors and custom gearboxes for both high speed and high load capacity.
- Upgraded powered Harken cabin top winches.
- UK - Light Medium Jib 2017.
- North - Medium Heavy jib 2017.
- Doyle - 2+ 2020.
- Doyle - J3 2019.
- Doyle - J3.5 High Clew 2019.
- Quantum - J4 2018.
- North - LRH 2018.
- North - JT 2018.
- UK - Fro 2019.
- North - Fro 2012.
- Doyle - GS 2019.
- Doyle - SS 2019.
- North - A1.5 2017.
- North - A2 2017
- UK - A2 2017.
- North A3 2012
- UK - A3 2018.
- North A4 2012.
- UK - A4 2017.
- UK - Titanium Main 2017.
- North-780 3Di Raw Main 2019.
- UK - Spectra Cruising Main 2016.
- UK - Spectra Cruising Jib 2016.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Fenders and warps.
- Racing anchor and cruising anchor, 300ft chain and rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Full cruising sprayhood in dark blue.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Halyard bags around cockpit.
- Full Bermuda safety gear.
- Safety equipment for RORC Series – 600.
Maintenance – Summer 2020
- Replacement of the steering hubs, cables and drive chains.
- Replacement of main seal on the saildrive.
- Replacement of several stanchions, the lifelines/guard wires.
- Rebuild of Gori three blade prop.
- Keel ram serviced.
- Burnishing the antifouling of hull.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Marten 49, SUMMER STORM @ BerthonInternational.com
Other Boats from Berthon International
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Newport, RI, United States
Beaufort, NC, United States
Beaufort, NC, United States
New England Boatworks
Port Royal, SC, United States