2009 Hylas 46
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Orleans, LA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 425,000 Tax Paid
*** CLEAN AND CAPABLE SHOAL DRAFT HYLAS 46 ***
EXUBERANCE is an excellent example of the proven and highly-regarded German Frers designed Hylas 46. Among the features that set this world cruiser apart are a shoal draft keel which extends cruising range to the most attractive island anchorages and a raised deck salon that affords exceptional light and visibility. EXUBERANCE has been lightly sailed by her original owner and remains in superb cosmetic and mechanical condition.
David Walters Yachts
954 368 2196
Please contact Stephen Reverand at 954-368-2196
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 46 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 9 in
LWL: 40 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Displacement: 27777 lbs Dry Load
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 0 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2009
Engine Model: 4JH4-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (164 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (139 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
EXUBERANCE's layout is the classic German Frers Hylas 46 2-cabin 2-head design. The master stateroom aft features a centerline queen berth and an abundance of storage in teak lockers and cabinets. The ensuite master head includes an enclosed shower and also serves as a secondary passageway aft.
The efficient and well-equipped linear galley to starboard is also the primary passageway connecting the master stateroom and main salon.
The spacious main salon is light, airy and beautifully appointed with solid and laminated blonde teak throughout, louvered locker doors and a lovely bamboo sole that contributes to the overall bright and cheerful atmosphere. The large dinette to port has U- shaped seating for six and a gorgeous varnished teak table. A single sea berth is to starboard. The fully-equipped nav station is to port of the companionway.
Forward of the main salon are the guest quarters. There is a large double pullman berth to port with numerous storage lockers to starboard. The guest head with shower is forward in the forepeak which makes efficient use of space and affords complete privacy.
Both the master stateroom and guest quarters are made extra comfortable with custom fitted Tempurpedic mattresses and both formal and informal bedding sets.
Deck and Hull
EXUBERANCE was built at the Queen Long facility in Taiwan which is well known for building extremely sturdy hand-laid solid glass hulls - a key factor that sets Hylas apart for seaworthiness and safety. Other notable features include extra-wide decks carried aft of the center cockpit and a stepped transom with teak non-skid for safe and simple access to the water and tender.
- Custom p/s teak and chrome stern rail mounted seats
- Teak rub rail with S/S striker plate
- Perforated aluminum toe rail
- Polished stainless steel hatch and window frames
Sails and Rigging
- Main by North Sails - New 2017
- Selden In-Mast Motorized Furling Sysem with Compression Vang
- Genoa with Selden Furler
- North Gennaker - New 2015
- Staysail in excellent condition
- Antal W60ELH Electric Primary Winches (2)
- Antal W52STBR Manual Secondary Winches (2)
- Winchard padeyes (2) in cockpit for harnessing
Engine and Mechanical Systems
A key and highly-desirable feature of the Hylas 46 is the remarkably easy and convenient access to the main engine and systems. The lower half of the companionway ladder hinges out with a single latch allowing unrestricted access to the front of the engine. Twin/switchable Racor fuel filters are mounted on the inside of the hinged panel for simple access and maintenance. Hinged panels to port and starboard provide equal access from both sides.
ENDURANCE is powered by a Yanmar 4JH3-TE 76 HP diesel. Features include: Very low engine hours and a Mastervolt 130A high output alternator with a 3-stage regulator.
- Tachometer, oil pressure and temperature gauges at helm.
- Fresh water cooling.
- Emergency stop.
- Direct Drive.
- PSS Shaft Seal
Generator: Fisher Panda 8 KW diesel Genset with only 186 hours.
Two Cruisair Reverse Cycle AC/Heat units - main salon and master stateroom.
- Separate Frigiboat Freezer/Refrigerator units with individual compressors and digital controls.
- Force 10 gimbaled 3-burner range with oven.
- Microwave Oven.
- Double stainless steel sinks beneath companionway.
- Fully and stylishly equipped by Mary Maskal of Yachting Gourmet.
- Raymarine E120 Chart Plotter at nav station
- Raymarine E 80 Chart Plotter at helm
- Raymarine STX 10 Smart Pilot Autohelm
- Raymarine ST 6002 wireless remote for Autohelm
- Raymarine ST 60+ Group Depth/Wind/Knotmeter
- Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver
- AIS transceiver
- Double bow anchor rollers with two fully rigged anchors, 1 Bruce, 1 Claw.
- Vertical Electric Windlass
- Stainless Steel Striker Plate
- Winslow 6-man Liferaft in canister in custom stainless stern rail cradle (needs recert).
- ACR GlobalFX Pro 406 mhz EPIRB
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Palm Beach, FL, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
New Bern, NC, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
56 Carbon Rig
San Diego, CA, United States