2009 American Tug 41 Flybridge Trawler
- View Full Specifications
Immaculate 41 American Tug
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Burgess, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 545,000
2009 American Tug 41
Only Flybridge Model Available
2 Time Great Loop Veteran
APRIL 2020 UPDATES
"The Journey" recently completed the Great Loop for the second time and could easily leave today to do it again! She has been cared for extremely well by her current owners and they have maintained her with an open check book. She has the optional flybridge with inside access from the pilothouse. Some of her noteworthy features and upgrades are included below.
- Volvo Penta D9 Diesel
- Bow and Stern Thrusters
- 9kW Northern Lights Generator
- New Garmin 7612/1242 Touchscreen Plotters at Upper and Lower Helm Stations + Phantom Radar
- New Garmin GXM 53 Weather System
- Village Marine Watermaker
- 3 New Marine Air AC Units - 2017
- Brand New NovaKool Fridge/Freezer and ULine Ice Maker In Galley.
- Deep Freezer Located In The Lazarette.
- Electronic Fold Down Radar Arch - Clearance 18'6"
- Separate Bosch Washer and Dryer In VIP Cabin
- New KVH Satellite System
- New Magnum Inverter/Charger
Please contact Jordan Preusz at 765.661.5497
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Bridge Clearance: 18 ft 6 in
Total Power: 500 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: D9-500 HP - 868992
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3950
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 500 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 1700 RPM
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (105 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (320 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (60 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
- The cockpit on the 41 AT is extremely spacious and very functional.
- The Journey features a summer galley on the transom with a stainless BBQ and fridge below.
- Recently added above the electric BBQ is an additional MAGMA propane BBQ grill.
- Underfoot in the lazarette there is a lot of storage space as well as a 110V deep freezer.
- Forward to port is another fiberglass storage area with a concealed sink.
- The access to the swim platform is through the transom door on the starboard side with easy access to the side decks as well.
- The high quality construction of the American Tug is noticed here with the thick gunwales, nice hardware and beautiful stainless bow rail making it safe and easy to move about the boat.
- On the starboard side just below the ship's bell is the cockpit control for the Volvo engine. This is one of three areas that you can run the boat from making it very easy to maneuver around the dock.
- There is ample storage throughout and lots of useful stainless steel hooks for lines etc.
- The salon is accessed through a water tight door from the cockpit area.
- The first thing you will notice when stepping into the salon is the beautiful teak and holly sole. The woodwork throughout the entire boat is immaculate and has been very well cared for by her owners.
- The teak is accented nicely with the blue, leather sofa and hi-lo teak table. The sofa coverts to a berth creating accommodations for 2 more guests.
- There is no lack of natural light in this space with lots of large windows surrounding the salon and galley.
- To port in the salon is yet another seating area that features a beautiful leather recliner with ottoman.
- Just forward of the starboard sofa is a storage area that houses the some of the AV equipment for the salon as well as the TV concealed behind a hinged cabinet door.
- The Journey is equipped with satellite TV that was just updated in 2019.
- The Journey has a great floor plan with the salon and galley forming one big, open space.
- The galley is to port and has a solid surface countertop with the teak and holly sole continuing throughout.
- There is a stainless faucet and large sink with a teak cutting board just next to it.
- The brand new (March 2020) Nova Cool fridge/freezer is nearly full size and completely separate with a microwave above.
- She features a Princess 3-burner stove with oven below.
- The spices are neatly stored next to the stove with a unique knife rack behind.
- There is cabinet storage above and below with an additional slider behind the stove and even more storage above the fridge/microwave.
- The U-line ice maker is located to port as you make your up up the steps to the pilothouse and was just replaced in March of 2020.
- Just steps up from the Salon/galley is the spacious pilothouse.
- One very unique feature of The Journey is the access from the pilothouse to the flybridge. She has a nice set of molded steps that make moving from the cabin to the bridge very simple and safe.
- The teak sole continues throughout the pilothouse and the custom blue, leather Stidd seat is a beautiful accent.
- There is additional, elevated seating behind the helm seat with a pop-up table and teak foot rest below.
- The ice maker is located just below bench seating with a nice size wine cooler to starboard.
- On the port and starboard sides of the pilothouse are full size doors making access to the side decks very easy.
- The vantage point from the lower helm is excellent and makes for a very comfortable cruise whether going a long distance or just out for the day.
- The lower helm features the following equipment:
- Northern Lights generator control.
- Village Marine Tec water maker control.
- Magnum Energy battery charger display.
- Three,12 inch Garmin (1- 7612 and 2-1242s) touchscreen plotters equipped with a Phantom 24 radar and an GXM 53 weather system. All New October 2019
- Side Power bow and stern thruster controls.
- Stern and engine room cameras display on Garmin plotters.
- Electronic Volvo engine gear/throttle control.
- Separate Garmin tri-data display and autopilot control.
- Digital Volvo engine display.
- Twin ICOM VHF radios are located above the helm with easy access. 2 independent VHF radios on upper and lower helm stations.
- All electrical panels for 12V/120V and 240V are located below inside the lower lockers.
- There is additional storage as well as a chart table with light just starboard of the helm.
- Tank monitor system.
- The Journey features 2 very private staterooms both with en-suite heads.
- As you make your way down from the pilothouse into the lower cabins there is a storage locker that features a pullout tray currently being used to store the printer.
- The VIP is forward with the berth situated on the port side and private head to starboard. The storage locker is forward and houses the separate Bosch washer and dryer.
- There are opening port holes throughout letting plenty of natural light fill the space.
- The head features a separate shower and the beautiful teak sole continues throughout both the VIP and Master baths.
- The master stateroom is down a couple more steps to the aft and features a large walk around berth with a private en-suite head.
- There are night stands with lights on both sides of the berth with additional storage below and custom shoe storage around the perimeter of the berth. Just above the forward night stand is an large wall safe.
- Each stateroom has its own climate control allowing you and your guests to adjust the temperature individually.
- There is no shortage storage in the master stateroom with a large 2-door closet on the forward bulkhead.
- The private en-suite is located to starboard and features yet another separate stall shower.
- Both cabins have beautiful beige colored carpet that is in excellent condition.
- All lighting was converted to LED in 2018.
- New Magnum Inverter Installed in October 2019.
- 50 amp shore power with Glindenning electric reel.
- Dual alternator feature.
- Dual racor fuel filters on main engine.
- Reverso oil change system, for main, generator and transmission.
- Twin Disc Mg5075 transmission.
- Engine waste heat heater.
- (4) electric heaters.
- Primary and backup fresh water pumps.
- Auto Fire extinguishing system , with manual release.
- Fire extinguishers replaced in April 2019.
- Seawater washdown system with bow and stern hookups.
- (3) Volvo Penta control stations, flybridge, pilothouse, cockpit.
- Northern Lights 9kw generator - 2820 Hours as of March 2020
- Imtra Side-Power bow and stern thrusters with remote.
- 8D AGM start battery replaced in October of 2019.
- 3 8D AGM house batteries replaced in May of 2019.
- One of the most unique areas on The Journey is her flybridge. It features a second helm station, large seating area and tender storage which is incredible for a boat this size.
- Starting at the aft end is the tender and davit that is separated with nice stainless steel stanchions from the lower seating area.
- Just forward is the fiberglass storage area with additional fridge below as well as the L-shaped seating area and table.
- Just a few steps up to the helm station are 2 helm seats with additional seating on the port and starboard sides.
- The beautiful blue hull is accented nicely with the bright red Bimini and custom blue upholstery with red piping on the exterior.
- The upper helm features lots of the same equipment that you find on the lower helm.
- Her clearance can be reduced down to 18'6" with the electric, collapsable tower making her Great Loop capable.
- New LED spreader lights and forward-facing light bar were installed in February 2020.
- 2010 Achilles RIB.
- 15 HP Mercury 4 Stroke.
- Collapsable console.
- Red covers to match.
- Can seat 4 adults comfortably.
- Electronic Arch Down - 18'6"
- Arch Up, Antennas Down - 23'3"
- Antennas Up - 28'
- Bottom painted and zincs replaced - April 2019 - Petit Ultima
- Replaced 6 injectors and turbo on main engine in December 2019.
- Replaced Magnum Inverter/Charger in October 2019.
- Reconditioned and balanced prop in March of 2019.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.