2008 Hylas 46
- View Full Specifications
High spec shoal draft Hylas 46
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Finike, Turkey
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 379,000 Tax Not Paid
Late-model German Frers designed shoal-draft Hylas 46 launched in 2008. Absolutely huge cruising spec with in-boom furling cutter rig, genset, watermaker, air-con and so on.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Loaded to the gunwhales with absolutely everything you could wish for or need for a circumnavigation, MAZU is the last word in 'turn-key' bluewater cruisers.
Configured with the hugely desirable shoal-draft keel along with maintenance-free white topsides and non-slip decks, MAZI boasts an encylopedic inventory including:-
- 5’5” shoal draft keel
- Non-slip decks and white gelcoat topsides
- Epoxy system to underwater sections
- Lewmar Mamba steering system
- Leisurefurl inboom furling
- Cutter rig with furling genoa and staysail
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Electric primary winches
- Hydrovane self-steering
- 3-bladed Flexofold propeller
- 6kw Northern Lights generator
- AGM batteries
- Twin alternators
- Isolation Transformer
- 110vAC and 220vAC shore power connections
- Spectra Newport 400 watermaker
- Solar panels
- Cruiseair reverse-cycle air-conditioning
- SSB with Pactor modem
- Fully updated Raymarine navigation suite including AIS and radar
- Large separated fridge and freezer compartments
- Tender and outboard
Delivered in 2008 (hull No.61), she was sailed around the Caribbean by her first owners who used her excellent power-management systems to live ‘off grid’ for several months at a time. Sold to her current owners in Annapolis in 2017, she was renamed MAZU and replaced her owner’s much-loved and well-travelled Tayana 47. Sailed across the Altantic during 2018, MAZU is now in Europe and is offered for sale as her owners now wish to buy a larger Hylas.
Please Note – MAZU is a US-registered and US-supplied Hylas 46 and as such is not compliant with the European Union's Recreational Craft Directive (CE-marking). Accordingly, the yacht is not for sale to EU nationals within EU waters. Post-compliancy for RCD may be possible at additional cost. Please contact us for further information.
We bought the Hylas 46 because we were looking for a safe, reliable, sound blue-water, reasonably fast vessel, which could be comfortably sailed by two people. Having previously sailed over 10,000 thousand miles in an older Tayana and a modern ‘mass produced’ boat, the Hylas fitted our bill for a transatlantic crossing plus extended coastal cruising.
We are looking to sell her because our previous plans and aspirations have changed somewhat. She will be missed as she has the ‘off-the-grid’ gear one needs for both long- and short-term passages.
Form and function combine with the keen eye and steady hand of renowned designer German Frers to produce this "must-see" cruising yacht. A true watertight collision bulkhead forward and another aft define the 46 as a serious offshore yacht.
But it gets even better. Step below into a world of refined elegance, beautifully hand-finished teak furniture, splendid totally private comfort for two couples, plus room for up to three additional guests. Abundant storage, unsurpassed electrical and mechanical systems. Top-shelf hardware in every application. A fantastic seagoing galley worthy of a much larger yacht.
In addition to a commanding specification that has been refined by thousands of miles at sea and the invaluable input of our many yacht owners, the Hylas 46 sparkles with a confident profile, a robust and modern sail plan, and a generous beam that carries well aft to provide both excellent stability and more interior volume than other yachts, all in just 46 feet.
YACHTING PRESS REVIEWS:
Cruising World Review:
"The Hylas 46 comes with extensive standard equipment and an abundance of top quality name brand gear. I deem her a 'must see' for any serious cruiser." "Certainly worth noting, the Hylas 46 gets "electrical panel award of the year" both for access to wiring and superb quality of its installation." "The Hylas 46 is also notable for an interior comfortable enough to border on plush and systems hard to beat for their meticulous installations." "There is excellent (engine) access at the front with further access through panels on three sides... the plumbing and thru hulls are meticulously labelled and easy to reach" "This is classic German Frers..."
Perry Design Review:
“The people at Hylas have brought us a series of cruising yachts drawn by German Frers and built at the Queen Long yard in Taiwan. I always liked the clean and modern styling of this yard's detailing. They've never built one of my designs, but I always wished they would.
Frers has one of the best eyes in the business, and his track record - from Maxis to Grand Prix racers - speaks for itself. This new Hylas is an effort to update the line and build on the center-cockpit concept.
At first glance at the profile you can see the effect of today's emphasis on sailing length. Overhangs forward and aft have been eroded away to a DWL of 39 feet and a D/L of 196. This 46-footer has an L/B ratio of 3.36. It's a very attractive hull shape with a pronounced forefoot knuckle at the cutwater and an even distribution of rocker fore and aft.
The rudder is a partially balanced spade with a small fractional skeg, which allows for a lower bearing for strength. The Hylas 46 has staterooms for two couples, with additional sleeping space available on the main cabin settees… The Hylas also has two heads and each has an adjoining shower stall.
Note also that the Hylas has moved the head forward of the berth in what we usually call a Pullman-style double forward. The shape of the bow severely limits how far forward you can push the head, with the result being that, in this model, you get a big forepeak.
On deck there are unusually wide side decks: a feature that I like. Excessively wide cabin trunks can and do create the feeling of airiness and space below; but they inhibit side deck width and put undue pressure on sheet leads and deck arrangements in general.
You can trust that German Frers would not give you a slug. This boat has the numbers and the pedigree to give it good performance. Aesthetically, center-cockpit boats under 50 feet are a challenge, but this one is okay… I do like the sexy hull shape; and it is for this reason alone I think the new Hylas 46 will make some of its competition look dated.”
- PLEASE NOTE:- This yacht is a US-registered and US-supplied Hylas 46 and as such is not compliant with the European Union's Recreational Craft Directive (CE-marking). Accordingly, the yacht is not for sale to EU nationals within EU waters. Post-compliancy may be possible. Please contact us for further information.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid hand-laid fibreglass layup with no core and using vinylester resins and Isophthalic gelcoats
- The hull is laid up with two epoxy barrier coats below the waterline for optimal protection against osmosis
- White gelcoat hull finish with pale blue boot top and strake lines
- White gelcoat deck finishes with grey moulded non-slip coverings
- Teak laid cockpit sole and seating
- Balsa-cored GRP deck structure
- Solid GRP fibreglass in all areas of deck for deck fittings and stress area
- Watertight collision bulkhead forward of forward cabin with independent overboard drainage
- Watertight stern sections across aft lazarettes and stern locker
- Teak-laid bathing platform steps inset to transom
- Teak rubbing strake with stainless steel striker shield
- Aluminium toe rail
- All thru hull fittings are solid bronze and all bonded – serviced 2019
- Red antifouling – last applied 2019
Keel & Rudder:
- Solid lead shoal draft fin keel with bulbed profile
- 1 ½ " stainless steel keel bolts cast-in
- Semi-skegged GRP rudder for optimal performance, strength and protection
- The bottom of rudder plane is above the keel plane for grounding safety, although the tip of the rudder is designed to safely 'break off' in the event of a serious grounding
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH4-TE 75hp 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine
- Cockpit controls and complete alarm system
- Freshwater cooling system via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- Yanmar KM4A reduction gearbox with 2.65/1 reduction
- Morse single lever control system to protect against high RPM gear shifting
- Dual Racor 120gph fuel filtration system allowing independent filter and bypass system
- Electric oil change pump for engine, gearbox and generator
- 12vDC engine room blowers with control at helm
Maintenance and Performance:
- Approx engine hours: approx 2,312 hours as of winter 2019/20
- Date of last major engine service: 2018
- Cruising speed: 6.5 knots (for maximum range) - 7.5 knots (standard cruising revs)
- Max speed 8 knots
- Range under power – approx 700-800Nm @ 7knots (2,200rpm)
Propulsion & Steering:
- Flexofold 3-bladed feathering propeller
- Spur rope cutter
- 38mm stainless steel propeller shaft
- PSS non-drip shaft seal (replaced 2018)
- Lewmar Mamba rack and pinion steering system with Lewmar pedestal
- Lewmar folding large diameter hide-covered stainless steel helm wheel
- Emergency steering gear
- Hydrovane wind-vane self-steering
- 12vDC domestic system with 110vAC and 220vAC via shore power, generator or inverter
- 1x 12v 120Ah Platinum AGM engine start battery - 2016
- 1x 12v 460CCA Deka 24M4 generator start battery
- 2x 12v 255Ah Lifeline AGM house batteries 2016
- Battery parallel switch for engine and service battery banks
- Xantrex LinkPro battery monitoring system
- Magnum Energy Pure sine 110v/12v charger with integral inverter and monitoring system at chart table - 2018
- Yanmar 80Amp engine-mounted alternator for charging start battery
- Balmar 160Amp secondary high-output alternator for charging service battery banks
- Bamar smart charge alternator regulator
- Northern Lights 6kw 110vAC generator - 2018
- Generator hours: approx 251 hours as of winter 2019/20
- Dedicated Racor filter for generator
- Solar Stick with two 50w solar panels
- Blue Sky Energy 2000E 25Amp solar charge controller
- Galvanic isolator
- ISO 220vAC transformer to covert EU shorepower to 110vAC
- Shore power connectors for 50 amp 110v and 50amp 220v services
- Shore power cords for US and EU applications
- Main AC/DC control panel with volt and amp meters
- 110vAC ring main sockets
- 12vDC sockets and USB sockets at chart table
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Two independent 12vDC freshwater pump systems with visual indication lights at AC/DC panel
- Manual freshwater and saltwater pumps, foot activated – 2018/19
- Hot water supply via engine calorifier or 110vAC immersion heater element in 10 US gallon powered by shorepower or via generator
- Accumulator tank - 2019
- Pressurised hot & cold water supplied to galley and heads
- Seagull filtered water supply to galley sink
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply to transom and cockpit shower
- Manifold system for cold water tanks and foot pump
- Spectra Newport 400 MkII 110vAC reverse-osmosis watermaker with 16 gal/h output – serviced Spring 2019 with new membrane, seals and pump speed controller
- 12vDC automatic bilge pumps in aft lazarette with manual override at helm and two in main bilge with manual override at chart table
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit and in saloon
Grey & Black Water:
- Heads discharge outboard or to black water tanks via diverter valves
- Tankwatch 4 holding tank level monitors and discharge controls
- Blackwater holding tanks can discharge to sea or to land via s/s deck fillers
- All showers and sinks discharge directly outboard
- Two aluminium propane tanks in starboard deck locker, with US and EU connections (propane and butane)
- 3x stainless steel fuel tanks with combined capacity of 757 litres (200 US gallons)
- Manifold system for fuel tank control
- 2x stainless steel water tanks with combined capacity of 378 litres (100 US gallons)
- Inspection ports for tanks
- 2x blackwater holding tanks with individual capacities of 113 litres (30 US gallons)
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine Axiom 12 touchscreen chartplotter on binnacle Navpod – new 2018
- Raymarine Quantum Q24C radar on mast – new 2018
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed, and depth repeaters above companion way
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot
- Steering compass
At chart table:
- Raymarine E80 chartplotter at nav station
- Raymarine Class B AIS transceiver (new 2018)
- Raymarine Smart controller remote control for autopilot
- Barometer (new 2017)
- Icom M504 VHF with binnacle attached microphone repeater
- Icom M802 SSB (US-certificate)
- Pactor modem
- Icom AT140 auto tuner
- Shore connector for phone
- Force 10 stainless steel propane gimballed cooker with 3-burners, oven & grill
- 220vAC microwave combination oven/toaster
- Frigoboat top and front opening fridge & freezers with keel and/or air-cooled compressors
- Double stainless steel deep bowl sink
- Seagull water purification system
- Fridge and freezer drain pump
- Sealand 12vDC Vacuflush electric marine heads fore and aft – serviced 2017 and 2018
- Basins & showers with hot & cold water supply
- 12vDC pump out for showers
- Splendide 2100 110vAC washer/dryer in aft heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruisair reverse-cycle air-conditioning/heating with 16,000BTU unit in saloon and 12,000BTU unit in aft cabin with 110vAC pump
- Caframo Sirroco 12vDC ventilation fans throughout interior – most updated 2018
- Manship stainless steel opening deckhead hatches with insect screens
- Stainless steel dorade cowls on forward coachroof and aft deck coachroof with crash-bars for forward dorade cowls; blanking plates for dorades.
- Stainless steel-framed windows and opening side-ports throughout with insect and sun screens
- Cabin lighting (LED 2018), with dimmers, red foot lights, reading lights, and an oil lamp
- Amplified FM/TV aerial on mast
- Insiginia LCD TV in saloon – 2019
- Sony Radio/CD player with speakers in saloon, aft cabin and cockpit 2018
- Shore connector for TV aerial
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to eight berths in two double cabins (guest forward & master aft) with additional pipecot berth in forward cabin, settee berth in saloon and converting saloon table providing a further occasional double berth.
- ** Note – Forward heads layout differs slightly from as shown on diagram **
- All berths fitted with lee cloths
- Interior joinery in Taiwanese teak with satin varnish
- Teak doors & trim
- Neutral ‘Doe leather’ upholstery in saloon, with accent cushions
- Custom mattress for owner’s cabin aft
- Custom height-adjustable saloon table with inlaid compass rose
- Bamboo and teak-accented cabin sole, with latches on removable floor panels
- Cream vinyl headlinings throughout and on exposed hull sides where there is no teak trim
- Solid teak handrails throughout the interior for easy movement offshore
- Epoxy sealed endgrains and subflooring
- All cabin sole pieces are positive locking for offshore
- Wahlee stone countertops in galley
- Mosquito screens for all opening hatches and ports
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- In forepeak area.
- Corian counter with sink.
- Four mirrored storage lockers on starboard and two large storage lockers on port.
- Electric vacuflush marine head to port.
- Shower with fitted shower curtain.
- Door lockable from inside ensuite.
Forward Guest Cabin:
- Aft of ensuite head to port.
- Full double berth 6'9" in length with housed pipecot berth above.
- Large drawers underneath berth and lockers above berth.
- Starboard side hanging lockers and drawers in between plus vanity table with pull-out seat
- Full-length mirror on back of door to ensuite.
- Door to saloon
- Solid Teak dinette to port with height-adjustable custom table, droppable to create a double berth
- Full length starboard settee, with lee cloths
- All tankage in main saloon is located below the sole allowing extensive storage under all seating areas and behind the dinette and settee.
- Double walk through passageway offering optimal ventilation and movement throughout the interior.
- Slide out locker/seat on locking floor tracks with storage for added seating which locks below table when underway.
- Maximum headroom just under 7'.
- Lockers to each corner of the saloon and bookshelves and a bar unit.
- Large hull ports affording excellent outward visibility when seated, whilst the deck-saloon superstructure with side and forward windows, create a spacious and light saloon.
- Aft of saloon to port.
- Forward facing Nav Station with full size table to hold folded Admiralty charts or full-size Chart Kits.
- Fast pin access to complete wiring harness and breakers.
- All instruments and systems well labeled inside and out and traced numerically.
- Major electrical breakers sited below nav station seat.
- Two drawers located in side of chart table.
- Aft of saloon to starboard, the galley is over 7' in length with a through to aft cabin offering total safety with room to brace on either tack while offshore.
- Ample cabinets, storage lockers and drawers including full length pantry for cutlery, cookware, and food storage.
- Slide out trash container with positive locking door.
- Force 10 range with 3 burners, oven and grill.
- Moveable worktop cover over stove, can be held in place behind stove or lowered to cover stove top when not in use.
- Above is a combination microwave/toaster.
- Frigoboat12v Freezer/Refrigeration with separate thermostatic controls and temperature gauges. Freezer/refrigeration boxes are both top and front loading.
- Manual foot pumps for fresh and salt water.
- Seagull filtered fresh water supply
- Located in walk-through from saloon to master cabin on port side.
- Corian counter with sink.
- Three large mirrored storage lockers over sink top and one large locker behind shower housing washer/dryer.
- Electric Vacuflush marine heads.
- Large mirror opposite heads.
- Shower with fitted shower curtain.
- Both doors lockable from inside ensuite.
- Queen size aft berth set near centerline with split mattress and accompanying starboard side settee.
- Port side drawers and shoe locker with large storage lockers under bedside top.
- Starboard side double hanging locker.
- Port vanity with fold up lid with mirror and storage tray on centreline.
- Further stowage available under foot of owners berth.
- Hanging locker opposite foot of bed
- Door to galley
- Cutter rig with furling genoa, staysail and inboom furling mainsail
- Selden aluminium alloys spars – inspected 2018
- Keel-stepped masthead-rigged spar with two sets of inline spreaders
- Stainless steel wire 1x19 rigging with fore & aft lowers, cap shrouds and split fixed-backstay – inspected and replaced where necessary 2018
- Adjustable checkstays – 2018
- Leisurefurl in-boom mainsail furling
- Forespar vang adjustable from cockpit
- Running rigging mostly replaced 2018/19
- Furlex 400 manual genoa furler
- Furlex 300 manual staysail furler
- Boom-end mainsail sheeting with traveller at aft end of cockpit
- White carbon fibre spinnaker/genoa pole with on-mast fittings
- Gybe preventer
- Towable genoa cars
- 2x Antal W60 2-speed self-tailing electric genoa winches in cockpit – serviced 2018
- 2x Antal W48 2-speed self-tailing manual staysail winches in cockpit – serviced 2018
- 4x Antal W44 2-speed self-tailing manual mainsheet/halyard/control line winches at mast, companionway and aft end of cockpit – serviced 2018
- Dacron fully-battened in-boom furling mainsail – 2018
- Laminate fully-battened in-boom furling mainsail
- Dacron 125% 8oz furling genoa with UV strip
- Dacron 9.5oz offshore staysail with UV strip
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Stainless steel guardrail stanchions with twin stainless steel wire guardwires
- Side boarding gates with detachable side-boarding ladder
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit
- Stainless steel grabrails on main superstructure coachroof
- Stainless steel folding ladder at bathing platform
- Folding teak cockpit table with additional drinks holders
- Teak fold-down seats attached to pushpit to port & starboard
- Teak doors for companionway access with additional Lexan wash-board
- Stainless steel outboard engine davit
- Large Sovereign BBQ on aft rail
- Passarelle with custom stainless steel fitting on bow roller
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Stainless steel foredeck fitting incorporating twin anchor rollers and deck plate – windlass overhauled September 2019
- Maxwell 2200 2.2kw 12vDC reversing anchor windlass with deck buttons
- Primary 60lb Manson anchor with 250’ 3/8” HT chain
- Secondary Plough anchor with 50’ chain and 200’ rode
- Saltwater pressurised anchor/deck wash
- Stainless steel mooring cleats - single set aft, twin sets midships and fore
Tender & Outboard:
- Highfield aluminum RIB (new 2018) with 5HP outboard engine
Covers & Canvas:
- Dodger, bimini, and connector pieces
- Full enclosures (winter and summer materials)
- Custom Bottom Sider cushions with cup holders
- Custom canvas hatch, binnacle, BBQ, winch, and windlass covers
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Masthead tricolor, bow bicolor, anchor, and stern lights (LED)
- Steaming light
- Viking 6 person liferaft (first 3-year service 2018) with stainless steel cradle in pushpit
- 4x lifejackets
- Jackstays for cockpit and side decks
- Radar deflector
- Propane detector
- Bilge alarm
- Firebuoy engine-room auto-fire extinguisher control/alarm at helm
- Automatic fire-extinguisher in engine bay
- Manual fire extinguishers
- Smoke detector in cabin
- Carbon monoxide detector in cabin
Lying – FinikeTurkey
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Queen Long Marine
Designer: German Frers
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 14.09 m
Beam: 4.18 m
LWL: 12.20 m
Minimum Draft: 1.65 m
Maximum Draft: 1.65 m
Displacement: 13600 kgs
Ballast: 5712 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: 4JH4-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2312
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (378 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (757 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 2 (113 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Outboard engine brackets
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
Miami Beach, FL, United States
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom