2008 Grand Soleil 43
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 95,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 122,854)
A very successful IRC racing yacht, the Grand Soleil 43 is also a comfortable family cruising yacht, well-mannered and simple to sail. Only a few have the carbon rig and optimised for racing as well as cruising, and JUA KALI is one of these. She does need an interior refit that can be simply undertaken with elbow grease, but is a large amount of yacht for the money.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Grand Soleil
Designer: Botin & Carkeek
LOA: 43 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 37 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 2 in
Displacement: 8900 kgs
Ballast: 2580 kgs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 55 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- At Cantiere del Pardo, maximum priority is given to the question of safety and structural strength.
- The galvanized steel grid, which is attached to the hull with a metal/acrylic chemical bond, and further reinforced with a multiaxial cloth, provides stiffness and strength unheard of in laminated hull structures.
- The one piece grid structure is designed to uniformly distribute keel, mast and chain plate loads. This has the added advantage of lowering the C of G of the yacht and also improving the stiffness of the hull, thus providing the owner with superior sailing characteristics.
- The B and C Grand Soleil 43 has been extremely successful; sister ships have won both the Fastnet overall twice, the RORC IRC National Championships and Cowes week.
- Epoxy race bottom finish – acts as primer. Ready for antifouling if required.
- Flush mounted seacocks.
- Cockpit floor laid in teak, with white caulking.
- White non-skid on decks.
Keel & Rudder:
- Racing lead keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta 55hp diesel engine.
- Engine serviced every 300 hours, last service February 2020.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Open transom version, with twin steering pedestals.
- 2 x Black power coated aluminium steering wheels.
- 3-bladed folding propeller.
- 12V switch panel.
- Waterproof 12v DC power point in cockpit.
- Car type 12v plug at chart table.
- 220V UK converter (at chart table).
- 3 x Batteries (2019).
- Battery charger (Sterling).
- Engine alternator.
- 240V Shore Power.
Other Electrical Equipment:
- Inverter (2019).
- Freshwater & heating.
- 2 x Manual bilge pumps. 3 x Automatic bilge pumps.
- Total capacity of 230 litres.
- Total capacity of 400 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 65 litre holding tank with electrical exhaust pump for front WC.
- B and G H3000 instrument system.
- 3 x 20/20 mast displays.
- 1 x GFD on hatch garage.
- Northstar VHF radio.
- Northstar colour charter plotter with GPS and AIS.
- B and G autopilot.
- Remote vision B and G handheld.
- Fleet broadband WiFi.
- LAPTOP x 1.
- DIVIDER x 1.
- PLOTTER x 1.
- LOG BOOK x 2.
- Fridge - electric
- Two burner gas hob with oven.
- Comprehensive storage with drawers and cupboards.
- Stainless steel sink.
- Corian style counter top.
- Heads showers x 2.
- Stereo/Radio set RDS with 2 x loud speakers in saloon.
- LED red/white switchable.
- Navigation lights.
- Emergency navigation lights
Summary of Accommodation:
- Three double cabins with two heads compartments.
- Sit in forward facing chart table.
- Linear galley and large saloon table with seating.
- Galley worktop covered with synthetic stone.
- Oak interior.
- Teak cabin floorboards.
- Full racing interior covers for all woodwork and floors.
- Full set of racing cushions in addition to standard microfiber cushions.
- 2 x Extra opening portholes for aft cabins.
- Off white microfiber fabrics.
- Ocean air hatch screens in saloon, forecabin and aft cabins.
- Selden Carbon rig & spars.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Harken Tuff Luff fitted.
- SPI BLOCKS x 4+2.
- SPI GUY BLOCKS x 2.
- TWEAKER BLOCKS x 2.
- BACKSTAY PUMP - BAR x 1.
- 2 x Hydraulic backstay adjusters.
- Rigid vang.
- Mast jack.
- Holmatro remote control panel for twin hydraulic backstay rams.
- German mainsheet system.
- Harken genoa tracks with adjustable ball bearing cars.
- Deck spinnaker gear with sheets and guys.
- 2 x Upgraded genoa sheet winches H53.2.
- 2 x Upgraded halyard winches H48.2.
- 2 x Spinnaker sheet winches 48.2 ST.
- MAIN W 2 REEFING POINT x 1.
- JIB x 1.
- NS LIGHT #2 W BATTENS x 1.
- NS MEDIUM #2 W BATTENS x 1.
- ULMANN #3.5 W BATTENS x 1.
- QUANTUM #4 W BATTENS x 1.
- DOYLE RACE MAIN x 1.
- S2 x 1.
- A1 x 1.
- A5 x 1.
- STORM SAILS.
- STORM JIB x 1.
- TRISAIL x 1.
- Gas struts in cockpit side lockers.
- Guard wire
- Pushpit rail.
- Pulpit rail.
- Engine Spares.
- Transom Ladder.
- Air horn.
- Solar charge controller.
- 1 x Gas bottle.
- Jerry cans.
- Water cans.
- 1 x Bosuns chair.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Stern and bow folding cleats.
- Boathook x 1.
- 1 x Kedge anchor Bruce.
- 1 x Bow anchor CQR.
- Chain and warp.
- Electric windlass with remote control.
- 4 x Fenders.
- 3 x Mooring lines.
- 1 x Bow roller.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- NV sprayhood in white.
- Boom cover.
- Boom tent.
- Instrument covers.
- Gas detector.
- 1 x Ocean Safety 6 man liferaft (last serviced 2019 TBC).
- Danbuoy. Lifesling.
- MOB Boarding ladder. Lifebuoys x 2 with lights, drogues and whistles.
- Flares – 2 rockets 4 red hand, 2 orange smoke.
- Drogues x 2.
- First aid kit.
- Soft wood bungs.
- Emergency knife.
- Fire Blanket.
- 1 x Automatic Fire Extinguisher (last serviced June 2019).
- 4 x Manual Fire Extinguisher (last serviced June 2019).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Grand Soleil 43, JUA KALI @ BerthonInternational.com
Other Boats from Berthon International
Saint Helier, Jersey